Plumb Works Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2006

3116 Chestnut Dr Suite 101

Atlanta, GA 30340

Plumb Works Inc is a family owned and operated company founded in 1989. We specialize in providing top notch customer service to all of our clients at a reasonable price. We are here to help you with all of your plumbing needs 24/7 in the Atlanta, GA. Call us now to schedule service!...

10/05/2018

SANDRA K.

Shontae G. took my call about 2:16 pm or so and was very kind when my cold and cough kept interrupting the conversation! She said they could have someone there shortly. Nate B. arrived about 2:45, found the right part on the truck (a fill valve replacement for my 2009 Toto potty), and got to work replacing it, including the seal on the water feed line, cleaning the filter, checking out the works, etc. Gave me a coupon off, ending with a bill of just under $160. I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replace a fill valve on my 2009 Toto potty

09/13/2017

Colleen S.

We just had the worst experience with Plumb Works. They installed a new sump pump 6 weeks ago. Last night in the storms from hurricane Irma the battery back up went down. They promised to mitigate and restore our finished basement. After work had begun, they pulled out and decided not to help us. They said that a battery only would last 2 hours at most. Incredibly unprofessional! We are at a loss for words at how deceitful Jerome and this company treats their customers!

Description of Work
Installation of a new sump pump when our 4 year old motor burned out.

07/14/2017

Jody M.

Plumber was unprofessional, negative, and critical of my lack of knowledge about how the sink/drain works and parts needed for hook up. He complained about working on a Friday late afternoon. It was a very disappointing and frustrating experience. I will not use this company again, ever.

Description of Work
Faucet hook up and leaky drain pipe under sink

06/20/2017

BARB R.

Awesome. There was a family illness with the plumber along the way and Plumbworks worked with me to notify me, re-schedule with as little fuss as possible, work was done beautifully by knowledgeable and personable plumber, (Jeff), etc.

Description of Work
Had 15 year old "shower tower" which failed. It was no longer supported by company, so had to have it removed and new one installed. Needed to work with plumber and tile man to repair tile opening and reinforce for new unit which was (of course!) a somewhat different size. Plumbworks schedulers worked with me to assure that same plumber visited during all three necessary visits and worked to allow plumber to be here when tile man could also be present to assure that all things fitted together appropriately.

03/11/2017

John L.

Friday at 8AM, Leslie and her associate arrived with a new water heater. They spent the next several hours disconnecting the old 75 gallon heater and lugging it up the basement stairs, and replacing it with a new one. By noon we had hot water and Leslie was finishing a meticulous clean-up. They did an excellent job quickly, with minimal disruption and at a reasonable price. We highly recommend Plumbworks and their excellent staff. Grade: A.

Description of Work
On Wednesday we found we had no hot water, so we called Plumbworks about 5PM. The very courteous office staff said someone would come to our house between 11 and 2 on Thursday. Thursday at 10:30, Leslie called to say she was on her way. She arrived at 11, went right to work and quickly determined that our water heater had breathed its last and had to be replaced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

09/20/2016

Ellen G.

We ended up not using Plumb Works because their estimate was around $900. We received an estimate from another reputable company for around $435 and an estimate from another reputable company for around $500. Of course, we had to pay Plumb Works $69 just for coming out to our house to give us an estimate (the other companies charged $0 for coming out to give us an estimate). Plumb Works wouldn't even provide a ballpark number over email (I literally wanted to know whether it was going to cost $100 or $1000 or $5000 - I had no idea of a general ballpark cost), but, of course, they REFUSED to even provide a ballpark number. I wasn't going to hold them to that ballpark number...I just wanted a general idea before paying $69 for them to come to my house. I will not recommend Plumb Works to anyone, and I will actively encourage my friends and neighbors NOT to use Plumb Works. On the positive side: they were very responsive to my request for them to come to my house for a quote.

Description of Work
We needed the gas line for our stove moved approximately 5-6 ft (to a different area in the kitchen because we are renovating the kitchen).

04/23/2016

HOLLY K.

Having worked as a plumber in NYC, primarily in Soho, Tribeca, and the Upper East Side, I gained first hand knowledge of working with old plumbing in old buildings -- always expect surprises, and many of them not pleasant. Our early 1950's house with galvanized pipes provided more than our share of unpleasant ones. Vann Chea, the professional from Plumb Works, who estimated the job and did all the work himself, is perhaps the finest plumber I've ever worked with. Each problem was tackled creatively and successfully solved while causing no collateral damages to surrounding fixtures, tile work, connecting pipes, etc. He also left the job in as clean a shape as he found it. Really kind of amazing for most plumbers. Finally, and most surprising to me, he did the job for the original estimated amount. Why surprising? We both originally thought it was probably a one day job, maybe one and a half tops. But as soon as we cut into the walls, we were greeted with concrete around most of the valves and pipes. It took almost three full days to complete the project -- no extra charge. All the folks I dealt with at Plumb Works were pleasant, professional, and delivered what they promised. When I need plumbing again, I'll call them and see if Vann is available.

Description of Work
replaced toilet and sink replaced tub & shower valves replaced section of galvanized pipes with copper and flexible tubing

12/14/2015

John S.

All went well. Van, employee of 22 years did a professional job

Category water heater repair

07/27/2015

Wendy B.

They were great. The price was not outrageous.

Description of Work
I used Plumb Works

03/08/2015

Tahra N.

I think the cost was closer to $150 or a little bit more. BUT, PlumbWorks will come in an emergency and you'll get professional service. So, it's really worth it. We had a leak in our tub and the plumber identified a lot of other issues but told us that it may be best to wait until our renovation to address them. So, getting a reputable company with expert plumbers who are trustworthy and honest -- priceless!

Description of Work
Fix a leak

11/30/2014

Chris C.

Waste water was backing up into bottom floor water fixtures (toilets and bathtub), which indicated that the sewer line was clogged. It was draining very slowly, so it wasn't emergency. I called into PlumbWorks on a Sunday and their answering service was able to set me up with an appointment the next day. It was very important that the worker call me before he arrived, so I could leave work and meet him at the house, and he did do that. Nate B. was the plumber and he did a great job. He patiently explained all of the issues, including the pros and cons of the different ways of getting the machine into the sewer line. We decided to lift one of the toilets and go in that way, and after a while he hit the clog and the draining worked again. He ran the machine all the way out to its max length of 100 feet just to be sure there weren't other clogs. He then ran the camera machine down the line, which has an onscreen odometer, so I was able to SEE the clogs and where they were exactly. This will be useful in the future if and when we have to do more work on the sewer line. Nate restored the toilet, noting that it had a problem (preexisting) which I waived off.

Description of Work
Unclogged the main sewer line for the house. Had to go through the toilet flange (no sewer cleanout that machine could get to) so toilet had to be removed and reinstalled.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

11/02/2014

Robert W P.

I called PlumbWorks for repair of a specific Kohler waterfall tub drain, not clogged, just stuck. I also needed plumber to use removal tool to pull drain from a second tub and do a basic replacement of a one-piece vanity faucet with no drain replacement. I explained to the dispatcher that we needed someone who was familiar with the specific Kohler parts. The plumber arrived on time. (1) He looked at the Kohler drain and indicated he had installed one 20 years ago but did not know how it was assembled. He also indicated that the dispatcher had not passed on any of the information I had provided. I assisted and after about an hour we simply pulled the handle hard and it opened up for removal. He cleaned it out and reassembled. It does work now as intended. Score 1 for plumber. (2) Plumber then consulted his iPad to give us company-established cost estimates for other work......approximately $400 for full drain replacement on second tub (didn't need that) and over $400 for faucet replacement. He agreed to try to unscrew drain using his special drain tool. Unsuccessful as expected; tabs in drain broke off. He did not have the next step, a $30 tool (at Lowe's) that grips the drain and will unscrew, so not fully equipped. (3) I declined the installation of the faucet due to outrageous cost. The plumber did not charge us for attempting to remove the second drain since it was unsuccessful and charged $174 for his visit. Reasonable. So...1 of 3 tasks accomplished. I may buy the $30 tool and replace drain myself or get an alternate plug. I did replace the faucet in about 45 minutes with no issues at all. Bottom line: Plumber was professional and flexible. The company operation was a failure for small jobs; bad dispatching; highly corporate rate estimating process with stunning rates. Would seek out a more responsive and personal approach next time.

Description of Work
Called for repair of Kohler tub drain, plus routine installation of replacement faucet and removal of tub drain in second bath. Plumber was able to repair Kohler drain with my assistance. Details below on other work.

10/11/2014

Catherine M.

Josh came out to help us on a Saturday, when our sewer line to the street became backed up. Josh arrived right when he said he would; he was courteous, and clear with the pricing from the beginning. He stayed several hours to fix our problem, gave us some advice on some others issues we asked about, and we paid exactly what he said we would - the low end of that, in fact. We hope to have Josh around whenever anything else goes wrong with our 100-year-old plumbing.

Description of Work
Cleared our sewer line to the street, which had backed up

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

10/01/2014

C DAVID A.

Danny arrived promptly at 8am and reviewed the problem. He told me exactly what he thought should be done and how much it would cost to do it. I told him to proceed. He completed the work in a very timely manner and then took the time to identify and tag the main water shut off valve in our basement, the hot water tank shutoff valve, the hot water tank gas line and the furnace gas line. This was my first experience with Plumb Works and should I require a plumber in the future, I will certainly call them. Thanks Plumb Works and thanks Danny.

Description of Work
Replaced part of two corroded leaking water pipes in basement bathroom

09/23/2014

Jeffery B.

I bought $39.99 for $169 special. They came to do a few small plumbing jobs that I needed. I end up only having one service done due to the price I was quote. In the end I felt I broke even with the special.

Description of Work
Install a shower spout

08/20/2014

Alicia H.

They were excellent. We had no problems. The price was $300 which is their standard charge for quick minor plumbing. They do really good work and come out quickly.

Description of Work
We used Plumb Works Inc to replace a toilet because our toilet was leaking.

08/19/2014

Cyra M.

The first technician that came from Plumbworks was Nate and he was polite but did not do a good job because immediately after installation, I noticed leaking from the new pipes. I contacted Plumbworks and Nate came the next day to fix it (at no charge) but didn't apologize for the leak. He left his tools behind and fixed one leak but then created another so we still had a leaking sink. I contacted Plumbworks again and this time requested Jamey to come fix the sink and he was awesome! Jamey was prompt, very polite, fixed the leak, checked to make sure the leak was fixed, and also made sure that the exposed pipes (this is a wall-mount sink so all pipes are exposed) looked nice. I would recommend Jamey to anyone! Although it took 3 tries, Plumbworks did a nice job installing the sink and were very responsive each time I contacted them.

Description of Work
Installed new wall-mount sink and faucet in the original bathroom in an older home built in the 1950's.

08/12/2014

Jonathan S.

Excellent service, came very quickly to clear up an emergency situation. This is an expensive plumber, but dependable.

Description of Work
Removed sewage blockage outside of house, plus additional minor stuff indoors.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

08/08/2014

Liz L.

Called this plumber because they were recommended by the manufacturer. Expected that they could repair since they were recommended by manufacturer. Technician was not even familiar with the model, told us it was broken, and wrote down exact replacement model rather than giving us any options. Just hurried through transaction once I realized he was not adding any value to the situation.

Description of Work
Told me my toilet was broken which we already knew. Tried to sell us a replacement.

Category auto repair

07/02/2014

Judith R.

I asked two or three other plumbers to give me an estimate, saying they were going to dig a trench, install the line and fill it up, but i couldn't because it would cut through two walkways. To save the vegetation, so plumbworks dug a ten foot long trench on the outside of the house, and he inspected the whole line to make sure he would only have to dig in as few places as possible. He did an inspection of the pipe and the location of the pipe before doing any of the digging. He pushed ten foot sections of 4" pvc pipe through a 6" clay pipe, and he kept pushing it through until it appeared in a small whole that he dug near the street, preserving the walkways and a lot of the plants. He didn't make a big mess as far as digging up the yard, and avoided digging a big channel through the yard. He told me i also needed a cleanout because the city of atlanta would charge me without it, so installed one going into the house and one going away from the house toward the street. His price was also a lot cheaper than some of the other providers we were looking into. He's done other jobs for me, usually a lot smaller and he always explains everything properly, laying out the pro's and con's as well as the reasons for why he does certain things. He does also make recommendations and provides lots of helpful advice. He's very persistent, making sure he gets the job done right the first time.

Description of Work
They put in a new sewer line

06/25/2014

Miriam D.

Generally it went well. I agree with the service man that a new faucet was needed. The billing was confusing because of an unclear service agreement.

Description of Work
Installed new kitchen faucet

05/22/2014

S H.

That turned average. I feel like they spent more time trying to sell me things other than doing the work I asked them to do. It then took them about 15 minutes to do the work. Scheduling was pretty good.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from this company in 2011 for: $69 for Whole House Plumbing Safety Inspection & Water Heater Flush!

04/24/2014

Sally K.

Plumb Works was recommended by a friend when our hot water heater unexpectedly died. Appointment was scheduled the day after I called and plumber called en route and showed up on time. Courteous, professional and efficient and couldn't have asked for better service. Was very impressed when Plumb Works called the following day to make sure we were satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater

04/23/2014

Theresa T.

Everything went well for the most part. The plumber was friendly and professional, and he arrived on time. However, they weren't able to flush the water heater because it would not drain properly, so they provided a very high estimate for replacing it. I felt as though I should have received a discount since they weren't able to flush the water heater as specified in the deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for them to do a whole house plumbing inspection and water heater flush.

Category plumbing, water softeners

04/13/2014

Sue C.

They assessed the problem, ordered the proper parts and did a great job a week later with repair and installation

Description of Work
Had a serious problem converting galvanized pipes to copper. It took a master plumber. Also repacking old faucets not to leak

Zoom Drain

A clogged-up drain is every homeowner’s nightmare. The thought of a sink overflowing or sewage backing out of a toilet can give anyone shivers. Who can you call when you need help with a problematic drain or sewer line – and fast? Zoom Drain of North Atlanta, of course! We are the trusted team of drain and sewer service experts in Alpharetta, Sandy Springs and the surrounding areas for residential, commercial and industrial properties. Our highly trained team is equipped with top-grade tools of the trade and leading industry knowledge so we can tackle anything that slows down your drainage system. Whether you live in a multi-story townhouse or an expansive ranch home, Zoom Drain of North Atlanta can handle all your sewer and drain needs.

Zoom Drain

A clogged-up drain is every homeowner’s nightmare. The thought of a sink overflowing or sewage backing out of a toilet can give anyone shivers. Who can you call when you need help with a problematic drain or sewer line – and fast? Zoom Drain of Atlanta, of course! We are the trusted team of drain and sewer service experts in Atlanta, Decatur, Clarkston and the surrounding areas for residential, commercial and industrial properties. Our highly trained team is equipped with top-grade tools of the trade and leading industry knowledge so we can tackle anything that slows down your drainage system. Whether you live in a multi-story townhouse or an expansive ranch home, Zoom Drain of Atlanta can handle all your sewer and drain needs.

TE Certified Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling

TE Certified Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling understands there is never a great time to need a home repair. That's why we make scheduling easy, arrive in three-hour arrival windows, drive fully stocked trucks, give flat rate pricing, and back our work with a lifetime workmanship guarantee. Services offered: Residential Electrical, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling - Inspection, Repair, Replacement, Maintenance. Electrical - Rewiring, Outlets, and Switches, Whole House Back-Up Generators, Indoor/Outdoor Lighting, Car Chargers, Surge Protection, Ethernet & Cable Installation. Plumbing - Water Lines, Water Heaters, Tankless Water Heaters, Fixtures and Faucets, Garbage Disposals, Sewer Lines, Pressure Regulators. HVAC - Air Conditioners, Furnaces, Air Handlers, Heat Pumps, Ductless Heaters, Indoor Air Quality

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

Video, tv inspection of drain lines, odor detection of methane gases, drain line treatments, water filtration systems & any plumbing needs.

Septic tank pumping.