KITCHEN FRONTS OF GEORGIA INC

Founded 1978 • With Angi since September 2007

3291 LAVENTURE DR

Atlanta, GA 30341

When remodeling your kitchen, replacing or refacing your kitchen cabinets is a primary consideration. Candidates for kitchen cabinet refacing range from homeowners who simply want to modernize their existing kitchen to home sellers who must update their kitchens in order to increase their home's marketability and selling price. According to industry experts, minor kitchen remodeling provides the highest return on value of any remodeling project - even more than major kitchen remodeling! Real Estate experts agree that a kitchen face-lift is one of the best improvements homeowners can make. If you like your existing kitchen cabinet layout and your cabinets are structurally sound, then kitchen refacing is typically your best alternative for updating your kitchen. You will enjoy substantial savings over installing new cabinets through lower labor and material costs and by preventing the domino effect of major remodeling - removing existing cabinets and expansion cabinet tops, replacing torn-out floors and walls, installation of new cabinets and more. And, many older kitchen cabinets are actually of higher quality than many cabinets being manufactured today. Kitchen cabinet refacing allows you to have an updated kitchen in just 3 to 5 days, without the mess and inconvenience of major remodeling, and at a fraction of the cost of a major remodeling job. You will typically save over 50% by refacing kitchen cabinets instead of replacing them. You won't sacrifice beauty by choosing to reface - you may choose from dozens of styles, including wood or painted doors and drawer fronts, to create the beautiful, customized kitchen that you desire....

06/14/2022

Karen M.

Guy (the sales man) was nice. Told us it would take a week. 3 months later we are still waiting on the work to be finished. The paint job on the doors was spotty, then they damaged 4 of the doors before reinstalling. Then the installer forgot to screw in one of the doors, when I went to open it it fell almost hitting me and damaging the trim work around door. After everything we have been through, today the owner called us and said we would need to pay today even though the work isn’t completely done. He was extremely rude to my husband when we said we wanted to wait until they fixed the paint. Would never recommend this company. I called servers times to complain and nothing was done, the guys would just show up without calling. Horrible customer service. Buyer beware.

Description of Work
Refacing existing caninets

Category custom cabinets

04/12/2019

Brandon K.

The project exceeded expectations. Guy was my sales person and John was my installer which both were great and punctual. They refaced my kitchen into the shaker style John built me a custom island along with converting my wet bar into a pantry, which both turned out so great! Thanks so much for your help and seem-less process!

Description of Work
Kitchen Reface

Category custom cabinets, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, doors

02/03/2019

Bonnie M.

John did a great job! It was hard to believe it was done in a week! It looks beautiful!

Description of Work
New cabinet doors and fronts

Category remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

11/16/2018

Frances R.

Perfectly. The salesman, Greg, told me the exact time that would be required for the work, and Mike installed everything in the time window laid out by the salesman, The work began on the exact date that we scheduled, and my kitchen was clean every night before the installer went home. Both the salesman and the installer were very professional and helpful.

Description of Work
I needed my previously resurfaced cabinets to be done over, because the product was falling off the sides of my island, the door fronts and the drawer fronts.

Category home remodeling, cabinet refacing

06/20/2018

Roy W.

Everything from the ordering process to the picking up of the finished product was pleasant. The staff at the store was very helpful and enjoyable to work with. To top it off, the doors look great!

Description of Work
New kitchen cabinet doors.

05/27/2018

Judith A.

This repair was handled in excellent fashion by original installer, MIKE! He works hard, is friendly, and does excellent work. It was difficult to figure out how to reattach this door, because there was just a big hole in the frame where he should have been able to screw in the hinge. MIKE removed the entire piece of cabinet that was damaged and replaced it with a new board on the inside of the cabinet. He had very little work space and was having to work kind of upside down and backwards. When done, MIKE was able to attach the door "like new"! It is perfect, and he didn't complain at all about the difficulty of the job. Also note that KITCHEN FRONTS OF GA did not charge me for the repair, and this was not my first door to come off the cabinet due to the material MY cabinets are made of. Thank you MIKE, and thank you KITCHEN FRONTS OF GA, INC.

Description of Work
A repair on 2013 kitchen refacing job. Required reinstalling a cabinet door which pulled out of cabinet frame/base due to poor quality material of my original cabinets. Needed to remove part of under-sink cabinet base (with plumbing in the way) & add a board to which door could be attached. A very tricky job.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, cabinet refacing, doors

03/19/2018

Craig T.

Project started and finished on schedule. Workmanship was excellent and we are very satisfied with all items in the completed project.

Description of Work
Refaced cabinets and added new cabinets.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

02/14/2018

Jeannine U.

All of our kitchen cabinet doors were that horrible MDF with thermofoil plastic coating. About a year ago, I received a quote from KFoG (Kitchen Fronts of Georgia) to reface our cabinets (along with several other quotes that were 30 - 50% higher than KFoG). When I decided to move forward, I called and scheduled the refacing. I was informed of when the work would begin, how long it would take, and who would be doing the work. Mike was our installer. Mike is amazing. Professional, expert workmanship and cares about a job well done. Meticulous with the small and large things on the job. He made sure I was perfectly pleased with the work on a daily basis. I had no idea what was going to be involved with the reface so it was fun to watch the progress. We did white shaker fronts with polished nickel pulls. We have quirky spaces that had to be finished. One space was due to a new double oven combo install that went bad. He and I together game up with a great fix for the space and he built it! Additionally, I asked if he could modify our original quote to add glass doors in a few of the cabinets. They modified the order with no problem. I highly recommend KFoG. We will use them again. The price was more than reasonable, significantly less expensive than the big warehouse stores or some of those highly advertised remodel specialists. Photos to follow.

Description of Work
Reface all of our 1997 Kitchen Cabinets. Correct shoddy work from original home build. Correct shoddy install from new appliances.

Category custom cabinets, glass repair, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

02/10/2018

Lawrence / Linda N.

After meeting with sales rep, John Davies, agreed to have work done. Sean the installer arrived on time, removed doors, refaced them added trim and knobs and crown molding. Started on Monday and completed all work on Friday. He is and outstanding technician and his work was wonderful.

Description of Work
reface kitchen cabinets

Category cabinet refacing

Thank you.... we appreciate your confidence in our company and the kind words.

02/06/2018

Donna S.

Mike did a fantastic job. He always arrived on time, went right to work and was always pleasant and professional. When his day was done, he left everything clean. Mike completed the cabinets in four days, and we are looking forward to the counter tops being installed on Wednesday. We are very pleased with our new kitchen! We definitely recommend this company and Mike.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen cabinets updated with granite counter tops. Mike did a fantastic job. He always arrived in time, went right to work and was always pleasant and proffessional. When his day was over, he left everything clean

Category countertops, marble & granite, cabinet refacing

Thank you for the continued vote of confidence............your business is appreciated!

12/09/2017

Patrick P.

Superior! Mike did the cabinet work. He did a better than perfect job. His workmanship was outstanding. The cabinets turned out far better than my wife and I imagined they would. Kitchen Fronts uses excellent design features. The molding at the bottom of the cabinet extending down not only looks great, it will now hide the under cabinet lighting that I am installing. The doors "slow" close. Kitchen fronts actually manufactures the doors. So they can make specific cuts that fit perfectly. Four of our drawers needed replacement and Mike made new ones for a nominal charge. We also purchased the counter tops through Kitchen Fronts from Premier Surfaces. They are top notch as well. We went through the process of selecting a great looking quartz top. They came out, laser measured for the tops, sent us a computer generated sketch and photo and followed up with an exact installation. We were impressed that they were able to cut the slab in such a way that we now have no seam. All in all, we are well pleased with them too. Everyone was friendly and responsive! Please note the attached photo. We still have to select our tiles for the back splash. We highly recommend Kitchen Fronts and Premier Surfaces!

Description of Work
New Kitchen Cabinet Cabinet doors and Cabinet Refacing plus new Counter tops.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, doors

Thank you for taking the time to present this review. From all employees of Kitchen Fronts we wish you and yours a happy, healthy holiday season. Please use social media, word of mouth, to tell friends, family and acquaintances of your experience with our company. Thanks again.

10/03/2017

Trisha B.

They were reasonably priced and super responsive. The quality of work was excellent and they did the work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
They refaced my kitchen cabinets.

09/21/2017

Roy W.

They never responded even after we purchased a service from them.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet refacing

Category cabinet refacing

I am sorry to hear this! I have searched our records and cannot find any information relative to your name and/or address. Please call me, directly, and we will see that this service is performed in a timely manner. Carl Volk 770.455.3139

08/14/2017

BARBARA C.

They didn't do the full kitchen. They put new front cabinets in my old kitchen; they just did the front. They only had one person actually do the work. They guaranteed five days, and they met it, so it was good. The worker was good, great.

Description of Work
They just did some cabinets.

thank you!

07/13/2017

Margaret P.

Kitchen Fronts of Georgia did a great job. After the initial sales visit for the estimate, all communications were through Carl at the main office, and he was terrific. All appointments were on-time, a few changes that we requested met with no problem, they tarted and finished on exactly the days promised, cleaned up afterward and kept us informed on what was happening. When our installer had a question, he asked for input, and the entire job went very smoothly. We moved the refrigerator to open up more space, so our installer Mike built a cabinet above and a case around the fridge in the new location and also built a new base and upper cabinet in the place where the refrigerator had been. I am so pleased with the results, and the kitchen now works so much better with the reconfiguration and additional work space. With the new granite countertops, this looks like something out of a magazine, and at one half to one third of the price of new cabinets. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Refaced all kitchen cabinets with soft close hinges, built and finished three new cabinets, installed all new drawers and rails, new moldings, installed trash roll-out, removed step-up bar on peninsula to make ready for new countertops.

06/08/2017

Sandra B.

It went really well. It turned out better than I expected.

Description of Work
They refaced our kitchen cabinets with new doors. This included 30 doors and 15 drawers.

Category cabinet refacing

Thank You! We appreciate your business.

04/26/2017

Claudia S.

The service provider paid no attention to the architect's detailed plans (measurements, etc.). Several times Mr. Apple tried to talk us out of using "ColorCore," a type of laminate, but would not give us a reason why. (It was slightly more expensive, but it was our preference. Still do not understand why he advised against it.) The countertop (Corian) installer made a mess of the wall when he replaced the old backsplash with Corian, because the new backsplash was shorter than the old one. When I complained to the installer, he refused to do anything about it; Mr. Apple intervened, and a "repair" person showed up to fix it. He was not trained to do that type of work and said that his regular job was working in the meat department of a supermarket, and the wall was worse than before. My husband finally had to refinish the wall himself. (I was told by a salesperson, "They're cabinetmakers, not Sheetrockers.") The finish work/moulding was substandard; three-way junctures were not mitered. I was also introduced to two different people as the same person, which undermined confidence. On the plus side, the installers were courteous (except for the Corian installer). They suggested additional work (pull-out undercounter shelves for pots and pans, etc.), which were not in the original plans, but which were a great idea and well done. We're probably most satisfied with those details!

Description of Work
Cabinets refaced according to architect's/interior designer's detailed specifications. Replace countertops and backsplash. Work was done in (about) 1992.

Category countertops, woodworking, cabinet refacing

Ms. [Member Name Removed]'s project was actually performed on 10/14/1991 so her comments are 26 years old! We are a cabinet refacing company first and foremost and I read above that this part of the project was performed to her satisfaction. the length of time until this review was posted is a testament to the quality of our work. I cannot understand the reason for this posting. We have NOT received any notice of this being an issue since 1991!

04/12/2017

J L.

It went better then expected and every step of the way from the sales to the installation. Home Depot also quoted and they way almost 3 times higher and did not have the flexibility. See below for a before and after. Unique Hardwoods, Inc did our floors. Kitchen Fronts - did all cabinetry work, new island and pantry

Description of Work
We had our 1980's cabinets refaced. We also had our cabinets extended all the way to the ceiling, added drawers to all of our lower cabinets, built a new custom island and pantry.

03/14/2017

Linda R.

The work was done as originally ordered. Several items had been requested after the original order was done and these were completed to my satisfaction. I am happy with the results.

Description of Work
Reface cabinets in kitchen and laundry room.

01/13/2017

Ann C.

SEAN did an outstanding job. Would hire again and recommend highly

Description of Work
Cabinets refacing kitchens

01/03/2017

Margaret P.

The representative was prompt, knowledgeable, helpful, informative and professional. The quote seemed reasonable, considering the work to be done. We have not yet scheduled the actual date, but will be doing so in the next couple weeks, using this company..

Description of Work
The services provided were for a consultation/measurement/quote on a kitchen remodel, which was performed within the week of the purchase. Representative was knowledgeable, helpful, informative and professional. Quote seemed reasonable, considering the work to be done. We have not yet scheduled the actual date for the work to be performed, but will be doing so in the next couple of weeks.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

12/28/2016

Ted L.

The price ten years ago were within the ball park but now they're just totally outrageous.

Description of Work
We put on new doors on our kitchen cabinets.

09/22/2016

Cynthia L.

Kitchen Fronts of Georgia came highly recommended to me by two friends that used their services. Kitchen Fronts of Georgia suited my needs perfectly in that I did not want to replace my cabinets due to having had hardwood floors installed in recent years. First, John Davies came out and explained the procedure to me, and showed me the various cabinet styles and finishes. I chose a color and cabinet style to my liking. I had numerous questions and talked to Carl Volk, the customer service manager, several times. Approximately two weeks later a sample of the cabinet color arrived and it was not what I thought I chose. I called Carl and took in a drawer from my cabinets and he and Allen Apple custom-matched the color to perfection. This project went extremely well, even thought it was not completely trouble free, all was handled quickly and with excellent results. I have been in my home for 33 years and I wanted to remove the counter top stove and take out the double ovens and replace them with a full size range and microwave oven. Kitchen Fronts was able to do this and I even added drawers to the cabinets on the day of demolition! John, the installer, was extremely patient and meticulous; he even added touches that made my cabinets look as though they were custom designed for a high-end kitchen. Every step of the way Kitchen Fronts was extremely responsive and Carl was patient and kind. The countertop company they use, Premier Surfaces, and their coordinator Natalie, was also patient and I felt she was a friend helping me decide on what was right for my needs. She even understood when I changed my mind and went with a different counter. The price shown in this review is for both the cabinet re-facing and the countertop. Kitchen Fronts also recommended Ski Tile for the backsplash. Please read my review on Angie’s list for Ski Ziolokowski. After all was completed, from build out, to re-facing, countertops, backsplash, and appliance installations, Kitchen Fronts of Georgia’s installer, John returned to touch up the cabinets. All is truly beautiful and just as I had envisioned!!! I thank Carl Volt, Allen Apple, and the staff of Kitchen Fronts, Premier Surfaces, and Ski Tile, for making my dream become a reality. I highly recommend Kitchen Fronts of Georgia and would definitely use them again. I have attached before and after pictures to this review.

Description of Work
Kitchen Cabinet refacing, countertops

Category custom cabinets, countertops, handyman service, cabinet refacing

04/21/2016

NICK P.

This is a glowing review, however, I received no compensation, tangible or intangible. Well the "honeymoon" period is over. The reason I waited so long to write this review is I wanted to see if the "I can't believe this is my kitchen" feeling would wear off every time I walk into it. It hasn't, and I don't expect it to. We are so pleased. We had excellent infrastructure and layout so we didn't want to tear everything out. Kitchen Fronts was the answer. What they did: They refaced all of the cabinet doors and drawers with SOLID wood. The matching wood veneer for the cabin fronts looks great. They had a selection of handles but we provided our own. They provided drawer slides. The slides they provide were very good. Likely better than other places. I opted for a heavy duty slider and do not regret the decision for a minute. They will last forever. They also built sliding drawers for pots pans etc. into our lower cabinets. Again I opted for the heavy duty sliders. The drawers loaded with cast iron skillets or canned food don't even feel like there is any load on them at all. These pull outs make the cabinets so much more useful and usable that we asked them come back and install them in every cabinet. We contracted for them to build a credenza on an opposing wall. I expected them to come out with some "boxes", install them side by side and put some facing on the front. This is one area where Kitchen Fronts shines. They built the cabinets by hand from the ground up. Incredible craftsmanship in this day and age. The craftsmen that did the work were always polite and respectful. They also came up with several excellent suggestions during the construction. These were not up-sells but genuine suggestions from experience that sometimes cost them more time but would make our lives easier when they finished. The granite on the counters and credenza looks great. One thing we splurged on is a large almost commercial sized single bowl sink. Now I can get the largest pan or platter all the way into the sink and clean them without getting splashed. A really great add on. As with any project there were issues and decision points. Everyone at Kitchen Fronts has amazing customer skills. They actually empower employees to make decisions that will enhance the customer experience. I must admit I was a very picky customer but they always had an answer and always were focused on my satisfaction. Kitchen Fronts was there with us all the way. I cannot thank and recommend them enough. We are so happy with the result.

Description of Work
Refaced all of the kitchen cabinets, custom built cabinet pull outs, and built a credenza. They also provided granite countertops

Category custom cabinets, countertops, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, cabinet refacing, doors

03/17/2016

Cheri E.

The workmanship was fine and the people he recommended were top notch and reasonably priced. There was an issue with the granite and he personally called the granite company and took care of it for me. His level of customer service is incredible.

Description of Work
Refinished kitchen cabinet and countertops

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed]! Customers like you make our jobs enjoyable than they are work. Please tell your friends and neighbors about your experience. Thanks again.