Comfortman

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2005

3021 Huntshire Pl

Atlanta, GA 30340

2 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST DETERMINED BY FLAT RATE. $80 SERVICE TRIP & DIAGNOSTIC FEE (GOOD FOR 1 FULL SEASON). $40 EXTRA CHARGE FOR EMERGENCY SERVICE. LICENSE NUMBER: CR108870....

03/12/2018

Normand L.

Dan Goss was very thorough. The most comprehensive furnace check we've had. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
Furnace check

08/28/2017

Johnny M.

Amazing service. Very friendly and prompt. Honest about the work and products used to fix the problem. Would Absolutely hire again.

Description of Work
Air conditioning wasn't blowing cold.

Thank you!

08/14/2017

BARBARA C.

I've been using Dekalb, I'd say about six years.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C services.

08/14/2017

BARBARA C.

He'll come out and service your units, he's unbelievable.

Description of Work
He serviced my unit. He did a summer check-up for the air conditioning.

11/02/2016

Wayne P.

The technician was excellent. He was on time courteous and apologetic for not being able to work on heat pump. He suggested we contact Angie's list and request refund. Contact: DEKALB CARE 7704141808 [*** Link removed ***] dekalbcare@bellsouth.net Coupon Code(s): ANGE-120280066468 Description: Here's the Deal: $145.00 for a programmable thermostat installed Includes service call White Rodgers Model #1F80-361

Description of Work
He came out to install the thermostat per the deal ($145 for a Programmable Thermostat Installed) but upon arrival he advised that they did not work on a system with heat pump so the service was not provided.

07/07/2015

LINDA G.

Dan assessed the uneven temperature in my house where one half of house remained cool and the other half was too warm. We discussed zone air but it was not cost effective for my situation. He adjusted dampers to rooms and recommended an additional duct for the den and a diverter of air elsewhere. He came back with a helper in a couple of days to install both. He was responsive, timely, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Dan assessed uneven temperature in house ($40 coupon) and then added extra duct to den ($400).

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [member name removed].

02/26/2015

Suzanne L.

He surprised me by saying he wasn't that great with heat pumps. He recommended a couple companies that he feels are better with heat pumps and would be honest. He also talked with me (at my request) about the benefits/downsides of heat pumps compared to the traditional furnace and separate AC. I felt he was knowledgeable and honest. I appreciated his taking time to talk with me, a non-paying customer, and feel I learned a lot. I would definitely call his company if I have need of any furnace repair. UPDATE: Dan came out to look at my job, since I decided to replace my heat pump with an AC unit. He chose not to take the job because it involved crawl space work. He did mention some gas line safety features that are code now that we should consider fixing. He also recommended a couple companies he trusts. After our AC install, I had some questions again about the materials used to install the system and how the thermostat had been programmed. I found Dan to be very knowledgeable--I just wish we had been able to use his services for our install.

Description of Work
Dan Goss, the owner, talked with me about a second opinion on my heat pump repair.

09/05/2014

Robert B.

Very professional, quick to respond, and local guy that has lots of business in the area. I will use him for future work.

Description of Work
Call Technician message on Carrie Infinity thermostat. Troubleshot, replaced capacitor, and checked out system on a heat pump.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], I truly enjoyed meeting you. Thank you for the kind words. Dan Goss

07/02/2014

SUSAN R.

Answers his phone and showed up the next day-dog friendly and honest.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor on Payne unit.THE VERY BEST! I have used him for years.

01/07/2014

Kelly C.

I usually work from home, and I was working in ChocoLatte because the house was freezing due to the furnace having stopped in the early morning. I had called the company that installed our heating and ac system (at great expense) less than three years ago. They were not available to come out until tomorrow afternoon. I saw Dan drinking coffee, noticed his "gas furnace repair" logo and asked him if he could help me. He had a full day of repairs, but he squeezed me in as his last call of the day. When he arrived, he figured out what was wrong and repaired it immediately. In addition, he outlined some problems with the installation that contributed to the furnace going out when the temperature dropped. That is a huge bonus, as I intend to make sure the original company fixes these problems. I definitely appreciate and recommend Dan.

Description of Work
Repaired the furnace that had stopped working in the 5 degree weather. Cost was for one service call plus a follow up visit to make sure all is well after the temperature rises.

12/20/2013

Nancy T.

Our furnace went out on a very cold night. I called Dekalb CARE first thing in the morning and he came that same day, which was very important for us. We did not want to spend another cold night. Dan was very punctual, responsive and professional. Overall he did a great job. I will definitely recommend this company to others and I will call them again when I need their service.

Description of Work
He installed a new blower motor, motor mount, capacitor and replaced the filter. He made my furnace work again.

07/11/2013

Gilbert T.

Technician diagnosed problem and gave me several options. Due to circumstances I opted for the short-term solution of just adding coolant to the system rather than a more long-term fix. Technician was expert in explaining solutions and courteous throughout the process. Would definitely recommend to everyone.

Description of Work
Air conditioning not cooling.

06/21/2013

Merri Anne P.

Dan was great. Very detailed. Assessed my unit and was able to get it cooling. Unfortunately, my home system is 39 years old and on its last leg. He gave sound advice and insights based on the size of my home, the age of my unit and my needs. He ended up referring me to a different company as he does not install electric. I could tell he is well experienced, fair and caring about his customers. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Assessed my unit that had stopped cooling.

06/12/2013

Daniel C.

Dekalb Care were fine. They came out pretty quickly and actually ended up referring me to a company who could install a new unit cheaper than Dekalb Care could do it. They were very good. He assessed it and was honest.

Description of Work
I purchased an Angie's Big Deal for $55.00 to get a central air conditioning inspection and an a/c tune-up. I didn't pay anything extra than the price of the Big Deal.

06/02/2013

David B.

My A/C stopped working. Dan showed up as scheduled and found that the high pressure switch had tripped. He reset it and told me that it might happen again and to call him if it did. It happened again about a week later. Dan came out on a Sunday and services the unit to prevent it from happening again. No charge for the second call! Definitely would recommend him.

Description of Work
Repair A/C unit

05/13/2013

Howard L.

The owner was very nice and friendly. Found mistakes made by another company (found on this list, more mistakes to add to the laundry list from the other company. I wish I could remember the other company's name--I think I blotted it out). Very reasonable prices. Will use again. I like also that this is a small, local company owned by one person who appears both responsible and capable. The owner is the service person.

Description of Work
Tune-up on old air conditioner unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], Thank you for the kind words. Ben & I very much enjoyed meeting you and we appreciate your support. Dan

05/09/2013

Albert C.

excellent. on time comprehensive and courteous.

Description of Work
semi annual hvac service

04/17/2013

Victor T.

First came to test AC system ($55). Said he could not tell if needed refrigerant until it was cleaned. Showed us how to clean, but we said we would rather hire him & made appointment. He came with a helper and both worked about 2 hours (4 man-hours) for the $240 they charged.

Description of Work
Check out our old AC before the summer

11/06/2012

Dale H.

We have had Dekalb CARE service our furnace once before and Dan was able to get it working with no additional parts, just a service call. When our A/C stopped working he was the only person I was comfortable with calling. He was able to come out the next day (a Sunday no less) and quickly found the problem: a blown capacitor. He had us cool again in no time. I especially appreciate Dan's honesty: he will actually troubleshoot the issue and make a simple repair. He's never pushed a new system or costly upgrades despite our system being over 15 years old. I've come to trust Dan so when the system is really beyond affordable repair, I know I'll get an honest assessment.

Description of Work
Our A/C was running but not putting out any cold air. Dekalb CARE quickly determined the problem was a blown capacitor and replaced it.

Janice S.

A gentleman came out and told me what was wrong. He didn’t think I would have any more problems. My electricity had gone out and it kicked off my air conditioner. When I turned it off and back on again it did start working. He didn’t charge me and let me know he would be available on July 4th if I needed him. I couldn’t ask for any better than service from them.

Description of Work
Their service was excellent. My air conditioning unit stopped on one of the hottest days of the year. It did start up again, but I was afraid it would stop again on the 4th of July and I wouldn’t get anyone to come out.

JP S.

He is prompt in coming. He is thorough in what he does. He is honest in what he does. He has always helped me out with my air conditioner.

Description of Work
Their service is absolutely great. I have been using Dekalb Care for years now. I use no one else but Dan.

Christine M.

My AC works. I found them to be very good. They came in and looked at it and they told me what needed to be done. We got to that and they did it. My AC is working and I am happy with their service.

Description of Work
The motor had died in my AC unit.

susan M.

They are amazing. They were prompt and reasonably priced. They were very professional.

Description of Work
They helped me with an air conditioning repair and maintenance.

05/08/2012

David R.

Very well. My old air conditioner was leaking freon, and both it and the heater were very old and inefficient. Dan discussed everything with me in detail, explained everything and answered all my questions very patiently, and then provided quotes with various options we had discussed. I took a few days to think it over, talk to friends and family, and then told Dan what I wanted and that he should go ahead. We arranged a date, and Dan arrived exactly when he said he would, and everything that was supposed to be completed that weekend was completed that weekend - Dan had told me in advance that the additional return duct would probably have to be done a different weekend, and that's what we did, and that went very smoothly as well. Since then I've used both the heating system and the air conditioning system, and both are working great!

Description of Work
A brand new HVAC system (high efficiency heating and air conditioning were both replaced, with quality equipment), new thermostat, etc., and an additional return duct was created. Dan Goss and his team did an excellent job; everything went exactly as they told me it would, the price was exactly as they said, and they were very punctual, courteous, and professional at all times. I heartily recommend them.

05/06/2012

SUSAN R.

He arrived on time and went up to my attic with his assistant. They were quiet and efficient. I have just had hip surgery and he was polite and fixed my a/c with a reasonable fee. I would recommend him over any technician I have ever hired. I have been a woman home owner for over 30 years and have used many services over the years. I had one company send out young man who actually blew up my unit . I cannot say enough good things about this company. You will be very pleased with this company and I hightly recommend them. Plus he honored my Angie's coupon for $20.00.

Description of Work
Mr. Goss called me back immediately and arrived exactly on time. He is one of the most honest technicians I have ever encountered. I had to wait a day because he is so popular but he answers his phone personally and explains everything in detail. Plus he writes everything he did on your receipt. He fixed my unit by removing leaves in the blower fan and by changing the filters and other repairs.

Premier HVAC Mechanical Corporation

Premier HVAC Mechanical Corporation is a 2nd generation company, backed by 35+ years of expertise. We provide reliable heating, air conditioning, and indoor air-quality services in residential and light commercial markets. Steve West, owner, began his training in his youth, first mentored by his dad and grandfather, the best in the business. Steve and his dad built a business based on honesty, reliability, loyalty and providing service with the utmost integrity. Steve ultimately took over the family owned business and ventured to the Metro Atlanta area where Premier will continue to service its new customers with the same values as it has for decades. We service all makes and models of HVAC systems, such as: + Amana + American Standard + Bryant + Carrier + Goodman + Heil + Lenox + Rheem + Ruud + Trane + Whirlpool We offer our customers the Premier HVAC Comfort Maintenance Program(CMP), as it is a vital part of maintaining the efficiency and warranties of all air conditioning and heating systems. Being an elite member of our CMP, you will experience priority service when scheduling appointments as well as discounts on repairs, equipment and service call fees. We focus on educating and guiding customers based upon our vast experience in determining which heating or air conditioning system best fit their needs. We also offer germicidal/UV lights to control bacteria and mold, furnace humidifiers, dehumidification systems, and electronic air-cleaning systems. In addition, we specialize in servicing and installation for multi-family apartments. We are a small company with big service goals.

Offers by Premier HVAC Mechanical Corporation on Angi
    Empire Heating & Air Conditioning

Empire Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. was founded in 1985 and is an independent dealer for American Standard, Amana, Daikin, Bradford White and many more product lines. We solve heating, cooling, water heating and indoor air quality problems for our customers. Our technicians have earned the Angie's List Super Service Award 15 times. Our main office is located in Decatur, Georgia with a satellite office in Cumming, Georgia to serve the greater north Atlanta area. We service, install, and repair all makes and models of heating and air conditioning equipment including ductless systems and heat pumps. To maintain our high standards, all of our senior technicians are NATE certified. Together, our team has more than 200 years heating and air conditioning experience. Empire performs background checks, random drug tests and even personality profiles along with continuous customer service training to ensure you have a pleasant and worry-free experience. We are active in the contracting community and participate with the Air Conditioning Contractors of America, Conditioned Air Association of Georgia, MAACA, ASHRAE and other professional organizations to stay on top of the issues that concern you. Services are priced by the job so you don't have to watch the clock when our technicians are completing the services you need. Additional phone 404-294-0900.

Offers by Empire Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
    Royal chances Heating and air LLC

Here at Royal chances we provide full detailed inspection of the interior and exterior of your system indoor and outdoor. Preserving and expanding the life expectancy of any forced/central air. We can handle one package unit systems, heat pump/air handler, furnaces, condensers and mini splits! You deserve to be treated like ROYALTY!!!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check

RESIDENTIAL HEATING & A/C SERVICE, MAINTENANCE, & REPLACEMENT. CARBON MONOXIDE INVESTIGATION, AIR FILTRATION, DEHUMIDIFICATION, HUMIDIFICATION, VENTILATION, AIR FLOW MEASUREMENT.

NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION (HVAC).