Son of a Plumber

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2009

Family Business, Sole Proprietorship, Business License, General Liability. Down payment required to begin work and complete payment due when job is complete. Large projects require down payment and payment after completion of each phase. Cash, checks, and money ordered accepted....

Wallis Landscape, Inc.

Wallis Landscape is a family owned and operated full service landscape company since 1988. We specialize in design and installation, drainage and lawn maintenance. We provide free estimates and fully insured. Our service area includes Grayson, Lawrenceville (South of 316), Lilburn, Loganville, Snellville and Stone Mountain.

Henderson Painting & Drywall

Henderson Painting & Drywall is a quality Atlanta-area painting contractor specializing in interior and exterior residential and commercial painting. We have been serving the Atlanta metro area since 1996, and use only the highest-quality materials and provide the very best workmanship in our industry. Local references are available upon request.

Encompass Contracting LLC

Offering the best in both exterior and interior residential remodeling and repairs, our trained team brings together form, function, and budget to deliver your home renovation dreams. Proud to be a small company, we are able to give you all the benefits that come with it – our prices are reasonable and we only deliver you quality, personalized service. Licensed and insured business. We offer free estimates. All major credit cards accepted.

12/06/2018

Alisa H.

Jimmy knows what he's doing. He always does a great job and he is VERY reasonable.

Description of Work
Jimmy has replaced multiple parts of our rotting copper tubing though out our house

Category handyman service,plumbing

09/30/2018

Joseph B.

My wife and I bought a house in Athens in 2012. We hired a variety of contractors from the area to help with the remodeling of our home. Time and time again I was met with high prices and low quality work. I had a front door installation that was installed with 10 different sized screws. I had an outer wall repaired with masonite that was sold to me as "a high quality construction material." which quickly disintegrated leaving my home exposed to the elements. The contractor even told me not to worry about a rotting section of the house's frame that I expressed concern over. I felt like My wife and I were being taken advantage of at every turn and the work being done never seemed to be done right. We hired Jimmy Parr (Son of a Plumber) to install new ceiling fans and lights throughout the house. Jimmy did excellent work and so we hired him to fix the outer wall of our home that had been so badly handled by the previous contractor. Jimmy gave us a surprisingly fair price and ended up discovering more damage to the frame of our house than we had ever imagined. Jimmy repaired the bottom plate of the frame and replaced it with a 16' pressure treated 2x4 which he nailed to the concrete foundation. The end result was that I could feel the difference in the structural integrity of the upstairs of our home. I really can't thank Jimmy enough for going above and beyond what he had originally set out to do, but most of all for being honest with us about the problems that the previous contractor had ignored. Since then we have hired Jimmy for countless small jobs. He always comes through with integrity and skill (unlike other contractors that I've hired). I would recommend Jimmy for any job around the house.

Description of Work
Home repair and renovation

06/30/2016

Bonnie M.

He charge more than twice the amount the job would have cost had I used another plumber. The two toilets a year later came unfastened from the floor because they were not installed correctly. I called and he said he would come and never showed up. I repeatedly tried to leave messages but his voice mail was full. He has no website on line. This man is not a professional person in any sense of the word and cannot be trusted. His work is shoddy. He is a joke.

Description of Work
Install a hot water tank, install two toilets

05/05/2016

Carson D.

Jason is great to work with.? Punctual and knowledgeable.? I've used his services for years on new construction and repairs.? He is proven to be trustworthy and to get the job done efficiently. ?

Description of Work
Re-plumbed 2 baths and kitchen for remodel.?

05/04/2016

Carson D.

Jason is great to work with. Punctual and knowledgeable. I've used his services for years on new construction and repairs. He is proven to be trustworthy and to get the job done efficiently.

Description of Work
Re-plumbed 2 baths and kitchen for remodel.

06/12/2015

Rahsaan M.

After we set the appointment I never heard from him again even after I sent him a message the day before he was supposed to come.

Description of Work
We set the appointment date and he did not call or show.

10/24/2014

Ellen A.

The job took longer than expected, but Jimmy and his crew were professional and made sure all work was completed to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Removed existing bath tub and installed new tub. Also installed new toilet & replaced tile flooring.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,handyman service,plumbing

06/07/2014

Jenn B.

The countertop I'd bought was too wide, but Jimmy made it fit perfectly. The floor went in seamlessly. Jimmy went out of his way to make sure I was happy with everything and fixed problems I didn't even know I had, all for a price that I could not find anywhere else. I'll definitely be calling him again and will recommend him to anyone needing work done.

Description of Work
Replaced countertop & floor in bathroom

Category countertops,flooring contractor,handyman service,plumbing

05/30/2014

Roselane S.

Although Jimmy is not a licensed plumber yet, I would still hire him to do other work for me. I agree with other reviewers that he is a hard worker and will try his best to make it right. When I had a leak on the new plumbing he promptly came over to take care of the problem and was always responsive to any concerns I had. My only concern was Jimmy's lack of full disclosure and the requirements from the inspector.

Description of Work
Moved waste and water lines. Had to hire a licensed plumber when I found out Jimmy is not a licensed plumber because the plumbing inspector would not even look at the plumbing.

07/14/2013

Evet L.

Jimmy is a very amiable person to deal with. I have decided to use him on future similar jobs. He is busy and sometimes cannot return calls right away, but is good with texting. He had to replace some defective plumbing, and he was very clear that some of the recommendations that came from a non-licensed tradesman were totally off-base. The work of replacing drains, installing a new cabinet and replacing a defective prior installation, was very good and he and his assistant were great to work with. His pricing was very reasonable and fair. He is an honest, hard-working and straightforward problem solver, and I think he is great. Evet

Description of Work
Hook up drains for large aviary room; re-install poorly installed plumbing in cabinetry; hook up garbage disposal.

Category handyman service,plumbing,drain pipe

Pumbing, handyman repairs, carpentry, remodeling, bathroom remodel, floor installations, deck repair, pressure washing, minor A/C work and sewer line cleaning.

Free in Clarke Cnty, for all others: gas surcharge