CertaPro Painters® of Athens GA

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2010

You’ve probably seen us in your neighborhood painting exteriors and you may have seen our neighborhood CertaPro Painters signs. Now that it’s time to paint the house let us have the opportunity to do just that. We’ve got the reviews and references to show we are the Proven and Trusted Experts in

house painting (40)interior painting (14)pressure washing (6)deck cleaning (3)decks & porches (3)gutter cleaning (1)drywall (1)general contractors (1)

07/01/2016

Natalie R.

We were recently used Jake Kiser's team to repaint the exterior of our 4000 sq ft stucco home and we were very pleased. His sales representative, Jared, came out the same week and gave us a fair and honest estimate. He even provided a separate estimate for pressure washing and staining our large deck and cedar screened porch. We decided to let them do it all. Once we gave them the go ahead, they started the work within 2 weeks, with a slight delay because of rain. Jake touched base with me almost everyday to let me know who would be coming out and what work he planned to get accomplished. Elizabeth called every evening to check if we were satisfied (we always were). Even though one of his employees was ill one day, he pulled someone from another job so our job had only a minor delay. The job was completed on time and at the level of quality promised. There were no hassles, no frustrations--the first time I can say that when it comes to any home related project we've had done!

Description of Work
Minor exterior repairs, pressure washing the entire house. painting of eaves (with dental molding), front porch, stairs and railing, window frames and doors. The house is stucco.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/13/2016

06/10/2016

Al S.

Prepared house trim for painting with primer to stop/hide knot seepage, power washed new porch and exterior crawl space concrete for painting to match house. They sanded the new porch and then primed and painted. They did an outstanding job. Then a couple of week later we had a new shed delivered and they primed and paint this to match the house. Very nice work indeed and we highly recommend them. As we need interior areas painted we will call them.

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

02/02/2016

Karen W.

They did a great job...I am very pleased. They are very professional and responsive to any concerns. I would not hesitate to recommend them. In fact, all my neighbors were very impressed with their work.

Description of Work
Pressure washed all paintable surfaces, removed storm windows & replaced, scraped old paint, primed, and painted all outside surfaces (carport, windows, gables, underhangs, columns, doors).

Work Completed On 01/09/2016

05/18/2015

Janet W.

Communication was great! I always knew when they were coming and when the weather made it impossible for them to come. Punctual. Hard workers! Cleaned up every day. Careful to cover plants and bushes. The actual painting crew would arrive around 8-8:30 and except for a half hour lunch and supper, they worked until 8:30 or 9 at NIGHT! After finishing the job, there was a very small problem with the porch, but they were prompt in fixing it. I am very pleased and would recommend CertaPro to anyone. I liked the fact that all work, including carpentry, was done by the company. Saved me from having to hire someone else.

Description of Work
Thorough estimate and explanation of services they provide. Great more than competitive estimate, including pressure washing, removal of shutters, considerable needed carpentry repair, color sample painting, 2-coat painting, stain of porch.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/12/2015

02/11/2015

David O.

They did what they said what they were going to do well when they said they were going to do it. It's nice. I had a gentleman who had been doing the pressure washing and painting for me and done things before, he just said he had to do hand for some reason on the stain on the deck. He don't take those jobs anymore. The fact that they were just, yes we'll do it, its done. It was a nice contrast.

Description of Work
He had both pressure-washed the deck and painted both the front and back porch.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 12/22/2014

11/11/2014

Mitzi H.

Was originally quoted over a year ago, but never had the work done. When I called again, the price was increased slightly from the original due to higher costs now for supplies. It was handled over the phone without me having to take time off from work again to meet them at the house. I did get two more quotes this time; one was almost double this price and the other was a couple hundred more from someone who did this "on the side." Four men showed up when expected and knocked it out in one day. I believe they were there from 8:30 am - 7:00 pm. I actually hardly knew they were there other than seeing them. Very polite, confirmed what was going to be done, hung plastic over cabinets in kitchen and furniture, and did a fantastic job! The ceiling in the living room had some water damage to the drywall, which was repaired prior to painting and is barely detectable now (only because I know where it was). There isn't anything I need them to come back for because it was missed or I wasn't happy. They cleaned everything up before they left and made sure we were satisfied. I would definitely recommend this group or use them again if need be.

Description of Work
They painted my two-story foyer and upstairs hallway, including all trim work (doors, casings, crown molding, transoms & stair trim). They also painted the ceiling and crown molding of my living room, kitchen, breakfast area, and back hall.

Work Completed On 11/07/2014

11/06/2014

Toni B.

Reached out to them through Angies List website but didn't get a response. Went through the certapro website to actually schedule an appointment for our estimate. Were right on time and very professional. Took measurements and made suggestions on what paint would work and how long it would take. Only reason we didn't go with them was the price.

Description of Work
Estimate for painting our dining room, two guest rooms, closet and bathroom cabinets

Work Completed On 11/06/2014

09/03/2014

Selena K.

Definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Certapro did a wonderful job of painting the exterior of our house. They finished the job quickly and were very professional. We would definitely recommend this company!

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

08/05/2014

Sandra A.

Our house was overdo for exterior trim painting with exposed wood and mildew buildup. The CertaPro painters thoroughly cleaned the gutters and all metal trim as well as the window trim and wood house trim. Once all the prep work was completed, they painted the trim. They arrived early each day but were quiet and did not disturb us. They checked frequently with us to make certain we were satisfied with their work. They also accommodated us by doing a portion of the work ahead of the scheduled time so we could have a repaired gutter replaced. We are very pleased with the completed job.

Description of Work
Washed house exterior; Prepped exterior trim for painting; painted exterior trim and shutters; cleaned and painted deck.

Category decks, gutter cleaning, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/30/2014

08/04/2014

Maryann S.

They were very professional in providing an estimate.

Description of Work
Contacted to provide an estimate for a painting job.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 05/30/2014

06/30/2014

Douglas W.

Overall, the experience was great. The contract was upheld and the job site was left in great condition. There were some issues with the final painting but the company addressed those to customer satisfaction before payment was rendered. Overall, I will use this company in the future for my exterior painting needs.

Description of Work
The provider took pictures of the property and provided a detailed estimate of the work to be performed. The provider communicated regularly the details of when work would be performed and the estimated times of arrival. If the provider was unable to make it to the property, that information was provided with an alternative date for the work. Once the contract was signed, work began promptly and was finished within a couple of weeks.

Work Completed On 06/25/2014

06/27/2014

Mary Ann S.

They were real, real nice and they gave me a good price. Due to some health reasons I had to put them off and I'll think they will be getting here maybe in the middle of July. He's been real good to talk to. I said I would give him a certain amount down and he said no Ma'am. You don't pay me one cent until I finish. If I'm not pleased with him he will walk away. He gave me a good price.

Description of Work
They came out and gave me a price within less than a week after I contacted them. He is going to paint three rooms.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 04/16/2014

04/30/2014

Steve C.

We use CertaPro of Athens GA about every four or five years for different painting projects. They've done the entire exterior of our house twice and most of the inside during that time. Their prices were lower than I was expecting. They did just fine. His crew comes in and works very hard to get the job done. They clean up after themselves. They clean up so well that you wouldn't even notice they were there (except for the house being a different color).

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of our home.

Work Completed On 05/15/2013

04/14/2014

Kimberly K.

They're very professional. They inspect their quality. We had a little bit of issue with them on the exterior but they came and fixed it, no problem.

Description of Work
We used CertaPro of Athens GA for exterior and interior painting services.

Work Completed On 02/12/2014

08/19/2013

Rahsaan M.

The painters went above and beyond by using skim coat to repair some of the wall where the sheet rock was damaged but they didn't do a great cleanup job and a few small spots were missed.

Description of Work
Two small bathrooms were painted.

Work Completed On 08/01/2013

06/10/2013

Kimberly K.

First of all, they gave me a price quote under any other company I had been given an estimate. They worked with me with paint selection and treated the job like it was a big job, but it was painting one bedroom, the master bedroom. The team showed up on time and completed the work in about 4 hours. The team of painters were polite and professional. They moved my furniture back where it was and cleaned up perfectly. The job was well done and I am very happy with the outcome. I would absolutely use them again. In fact I will only use them for any painting I need done.

Description of Work
Painted a bedroom

Work Completed On 04/17/2013

03/19/2013

Nora S.

I trust them in what they say they will do, very nice owner and reputable. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Painting both interior and exterior

Work Completed On 03/19/2013

03/17/2013

jonathan H.

They were prompt, thorough, and professional. They painted two coats of S-W SuperPaint, and the house looks new. They stained our decks a dark color, and the stain looks great. The detail work on the trim was beautifully done. They did not damage the foundation plantings and left the area clean. After each painting day, the company called us to make sure all was well. They monitored the weather carefully to make sure that the painting was done in the right temperature and dewpoint for longevity.

Description of Work
CertaPro Athens painted our exterior and stained our deck. We have a house that extends to three stories in the back and has three porch/deck areas, so it's a good size project.

Work Completed On 03/12/2013

03/16/2013

Thom R.

They were very professional. They were honest and their quality of work was good. I will absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
I have been using CertaPro of Athens GA for painting.

Work Completed On 10/17/2012

02/01/2013

Kay Y.

They seemed very good; I didn't have any problems with them. They were punctual, seemed to do a good job, and shook on it to make sure things were right. They had a site foreman to make sure everything was okay. I was satisfied. But they were a little pricier than other providers.

Description of Work
CertaPro of Athens did exterior painting for me.

Work Completed On 08/15/2012

11/21/2012

Sharyn D.

Oscar & Willie did a good job. They punctual and cleaned well at the end of each day. The finished job looked good.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of our home.

Work Completed On 11/07/2012

11/08/2012

Jan B.

Very professional and finished in a timely manner even though it required longer hours.

Description of Work
Pressure washed exterior of home. Painted exterior trim on brick home, front porch and new windows inside and out.