Innovative Woodworks

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2004

14774 Hopewell Rd

Alpharetta, GA 30004

Refurbish your home with our amazing residential outdoor living spaces. Innovative Woodwork in Georgia, builds a range of high-quality and affordable amenities for your home including screened porches, decks, arbors, & gazebos. Our quality craftsmanship and customer service sets us apart from our competitors. We are sure that our services will leave you fully satisfied, provide you with an excellent experience, and prompt you to recommend us to your friends. With more than 22 years of experience, we are well equipped to cater to your unique style. Our friendly, talented and highly skilled staff has been serving the Atlanta area since 2000. We specialize in building high quality custom decks, screened porches, & arbors. Call us today for a free estimate!...

08/26/2020

Jeremy C.

It went the same as most negative reviews with this company. They came out for an initial estimate and then I had to follow up multiple times to even sign a contract. This should have been a major red flag. Signed the contract with the expectation to start in early July. Early July rolls around and they don’t show up. I have to reach out to them multiple times only to be told they’re very busy and the project will be delayed. Rinse and repeat. Multiple start dates have come and gone with no communication. I can only assumed they’ve abandoned the job. Stay away.

Description of Work
Demolish old deck and build a new one with screened in porch.

Category contractors

Good Morning [Member Name Removed] I'm sorry for the service you have received, this is not how we operate. My 22 year old daughter has been in the ICU recovering from a brain tumor. We are heart broken & unfocused. Sorry about your experience.

06/22/2020

Jerome J.

Excellent , on time and did an excellent job. Very pleased and would use again

Description of Work
Porch railing installed

Category contractors, decks, woodworking

03/02/2020

Tracy G.

Innovative woodworks added composite material for $16k to the top of our under-deck. A corner of the underdeck came down slighltly recently. I consulted with an underdeck company and they said have your deck contractor who put the composite up fix it. I asked innovative woodworks to repair it. They came out and said it was an easy fix. They scheduled 6 times, never showed, and then said they couldn't help me. I would never use them again.

Description of Work
underdeck repair

11/22/2019

Scott T.

Nick and the team did a nice job of helping me design a deck that was unique to the neighborhood and yet economical to the budget. Then they used my existing structure and took all of the old boards off and rebuilt a newly designed deck that looked awesome (and safe) from the old one. They took something old and dangerous and made it into the blue ribbon standard of the neighborhood in a matter of two weeks. Really happy with what they did. I forgot to put my review in here at the time, but it is 18 months later now and it still looks great and is holding up to the weather really great. Happy with the team... Sorry I did not review at the time.

Description of Work
Took down and rebuilt my deck

Category decks, woodworking

10/05/2019

Stacy S.

Not perfect but they came to address my concerns. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Deck removed and new build.

05/20/2019

Lorenz M.

We had Jasper come and look at the project and was very efficient it drawing up plans and doing an accurate quote. When we had some minor changes again he was quick in coming back and making the necessary changes. Eventually we decided to commit to the project and Jasper was going away to draw up the contract and start getting permits. This was a couple of months ago we followed up by email and phone and never heard from him again. Needless to say, we are disappointed since we were really looking forward to our screened porch for the summer.

Description of Work
Enlarge Deck and Screen it in.

03/09/2019

Andy L.

Dominick estimated the work, was the least expensive of the offers, did an excellent work, attention to details and finished the work as scheduled. Nice details were added without our request. We are VERY pleased and will use again.

Description of Work
Remodeled a 400 sqf deck from pressure treated to Trex

02/20/2019

Rebecca D.

Excellent - it's gorgeous. We included a fireplace and electrical work, as well. The project took close to two months, but there were weather delays and a lot of delays from our country inspectors that had nothing to do with Innovative Woodworks. When they were able to work, they were very efficient and the quality is top-notch.

Description of Work
Screened-in porch

Category decks, electrician, lighting, masonry, roofing, fireplaces, woodworking, ceiling fans, sunrooms

01/14/2019

August D.

Perfect, super attention to details... Quote process was efficient and considerate of homeowners concerns / design ideas. Rip out was fast, clean and safe. Rebuild was smooth and adhered to sensible re-construction guidelines as well as local building codes. They were that good.. I am looking for other projects to use them on...

Description of Work
Replacement of two tier deck

09/11/2018

Arpan P.

Overall it’s been two weeks since they redecked my porch area with trex product. We liked what they have done and feel the quality of work is great. One item I am still following up is minor. Waiting for response.

Description of Work
Redeck of porch

07/20/2018

Harold S.

I dealt with Jasper on the estimate and was very satisfied with the quote compared to the others I received. The crew showed up as promised and completed the work in one day. They even made some additional repairs that had not been anticipated. After the wood dried I needed them to come back and correct a couple of small items. Had a little difficulty scheduling the return visit but we were able to get it worked out to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
I needed to replace the surface wood on a 10 year old deck

06/08/2018

Ajay N.

Innovative WoodWorks did an excellent job with the deck they just built for me. The entire process was very smooth right from contacting them to completing the project. Jasper and his team were very very professional and easy to deal with. They knew what to do and how to do it with minimal to no need for me to interfere or change anything. All the tweaks I did request and ask for were immediately accommodated. It's really refreshing to see a team that is so easy to work with and can deliver quality work. The price was also very reasonable especially given the quality delivered. Overall I highly recommend Innovative Woodworks for any deck or screened Porches.

Description of Work
Built a screened Porch and expanded the Deck

Category decks, sunrooms

03/29/2018

Carl W.

Great crew! They had the old 14.5' X 16' deck hauled away and the new deck Trex installed in only 1.5 days. We asked for gravel under the deck, to discourage animals, and they obliged. I could not recommend them more strongly. Also, they were among the best priced.

Description of Work
Deck removal and replacement.

03/22/2018

Robert W.

We are absolutely thrilled with the work of Innovative Woodworks. Dominic White was our "crew chief" throughout. Their quote was very fair, in line with other lower quotes we received. We went with them because of the professionalism that was exhibited throughout the quote process. Once work began, they were efficient, exacting, and courteous. There were many instances where we needed advise/input on design, etc. Dominic's advice was ALWAYS spot on (I didn't fully realize this until I could see the final product). By the end I was ready to say: "whatever Dominic recommends, I go with!"

Description of Work
Screened porch

11/21/2017

Buck W.

I signed the contract August 1st, 2017 and demolition began on October 19th and lasted for two weeks. The two man crew assigned to the project were very courteous and professional and kept me informed through out the process. The final deck is everything I wanted and more. With the new building codes, it is so strong I believe it will still be standing long after the house has crumbled into dust, with the right maintenance. Al permits and inspections were provided by the contractor for a minimal cost. The only small issue I had was I was never notified that the process would begin until I was awaken by the sounds of the old deck demolition. After that, everything was smooth. I would definitely hire this contractor again. Great job.

Description of Work
My backyard deck was weather worn beyond repair. I hired Innovative Woodworks, also known as Innovative Wood Designs to tear down the old deck and replace it with new materials

Category contractors, decks, masonry, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking

09/09/2017

Jodie C.

I decided to pursue this company based on the infinite "A" status and level of presumed professionalism. I emailed this company with the **explicit** instructions to call my husband on said days he was off. My husband knew there would be calls and did not receive any. Why? Good question. The company decided to respond with an email in lieu of calling to state their availability. I was somewhat disappointed but decided to respond back. My email never made it to them. That I take the blame. I called over the Labor Day weekend with a message to call me back when they can, giving full details and admitting to potential miscommunication. At the time of this review, their communication has been relegated to emails and text messages. NO ONE has called to speak to either myself or my husband. Another email was sent to confirm a time for a second appointment. I was told, again via email ,that their representative Jasper would be coming at 11:00 am on Saturday, Sept 9th. I get a TEXT MESSAGE, not a call, from Jasper stating that the office double booked him so he wanted to push my appointment to around 12:30 / 1 pm and that "would be great." Not a "Sorry" or an explanation as to why my appointment was secondary to another appointment. Keep in mind their communication has consistently been text and emails. You have been warned. I have money to spend.

Description of Work
Deck removed and replaced.

09/03/2017

Robby K.

We were so impressed by innovative woodworks. The porch turned out better than we imagined. The guys built it like it should be built. All 6x6 posts with bracing. Posts on concrete piers with hardware, not just stuck in the concrete. Workmanship was excellent and we paid less than the local "champagne and caviar" construction company wanted to build a much smaller portico over the door. Neighbors are driving by and stopping g to look. Highly recommend these guys!

Description of Work
Constructed a new 28 foot front porch

07/25/2017

Mark N.

What I liked most about the experience: - Jasper was very helpful in the quoting process, answering a lot of questions and going through about 10 iterations before we got to a final quote and agreement. - Working with Mike and his crew during the actual job - Mike gave me his cell for communication and was easy to work with. - I had a deadline on short notice, and Innovative was able to schedule and execute quickly. - They did not nickle and dime me, or skimp on materials, in any way. All the material used was new and in great condition, they use 6x6 posts everywhere instead of 6x4, and they were able to make small tweaks and adjustments as we went along for no additional charge. There were small surprises in the quality of work like using "simpson" ties and straps to reinforce certain attachments points that others would just nail and forget. - They had to work around my hot tub, which was not easy - moving it around on the deck as they did the work. - Finished product is beautiful.

Description of Work
Reconstruction of a large deck that including demoing all the decking, rails, support posts, and stairs, and rebuilding with all Trex decking and rails, with hidden fasteners, new footings, beams, support posts, and a complete redesign of the stairs in a different place, with a concrete landing.

06/21/2017

Natalie R.

The job went well from the initial quote to completion of the job.

Description of Work
We needed an old deck torn down and replaced

06/21/2017

Marti H.

The entire project, from start to finish, went smoothly and effortlessly. After interviewing 5 different companies specializing in outdoor construction, we chose Innovative Woodworks after meeting Jasper. We found him and his team easy to work with, totally professional, and just plain nice. Craftsman style homes have tapered columns, and I didn't know if the integrity of the style could be maintained without a major overhaul. 2 of the 5 interviews said 'Yes.' Overall, we love our screened porch, and are glad to have chosen Innovative Woodworks! Choose this company , and ask for Jasper...you won't regret!

Description of Work
Screen in front porch.

Category decks, sunrooms

05/08/2017

Ernest K.

I had requested 5 contractors, one of which did not quote at all. 2 of the 4 that did were way out of ballpark, the other 2 were very close. I chose Innovative because they were reasonable and he was the only one who gave me a very detailed written pictorial of what the finished product would look like. It went very well, and they did a great job.

Description of Work
Tore down and old deck and built a new one.

03/29/2017

Mitch B.

It was a joy working with Jasper, Dominic and his crew. Jasper was very detailed in his quote and worked with us on the design. Dominic's crew were timely and considerate. They cleaned up after they finished. I noticed a couple items a few weeks after they finished. They returned quickly to fix them. The only downside is painting any house repairs or exposures and staining is a separate group. We opted to do find another company. Wish we had paid the extra money and gone through them.

Description of Work
New deck - old deck removal

02/17/2017

Diana M.

They were wonderful & very professional. I had a need to use cedar because the deck flows into the screened in porch and out to the raised walkway and we wanted it to match. They were willing to work with me and on the materials. Warning: They are very busy so you may have to wait but it is well worth it. Once they were able to set up the job, they were on time and completed the job, hauled away the debris and obtained the permit/inspection like clockwork. They feathered in the new cedar with the existing screen porch and the deck railings are beautiful, Their price was fair and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Innovative Woodworks replaced my deck and a raised walkway.

02/15/2017

Fern H.

Amazing. Timely, looks amazing!! I highly recommend this company. Told me project would take two days and it did. Brought deck to code. I love this company!!

Description of Work
Remove old deck and replaced with new deck.

Category decks, deck cleaning

12/26/2016

Jennifer G.

Sent request for job estimate, received a reply suggesting I contact the tile guy direct, which I did. We set up an appointment and he never showed or called. I had to contact him thinking maybe he was caught in traffic. The appt was for 1pm, I contacted him at 145 on to have him respond by asking if he could reschedule for the next day at 10a. I don't know what kind of work he and/or his company does quality wise but clearly this guy is unprofessional and unreliable. I don't have time to waste. Or money!

Description of Work
Fireplace surround completed

Category decks, masonry