Arbor Ridge Outdoors

Founded 1996 • With Angi since January 2010

765 Old Alpharetta Road

Alpharetta, GA 30005

We are a full service design/install company in north Georgia, creating both large and small outdoor spaces for clients wanting tasteful and unique additions complementing their existing property. We employ a skilled staff of tradesmen using proven methods and the best materials to create one of kind installations that stand the test of time. We offer plant and hardscape warranties on our work and are insured....

10/14/2014

Kelly H.

Steve Puccio, the owner, came to give us a quote on a retaining wall. He was very knowledgeable and we liked the suggestions he gave us. We had received quotes from other companies for a wood retaining wall. Steve explained to us that a wood retaining wall would not last because the wood would rot over time. His suggestions made sense. He gave us a reasonable quote and we decided to go ahead. Steve met us at a stone company to help pick out pavers. He made sure the pavers we liked would allow us to stay within our budget. They installed the retaining wall within two days and it looks better than we expected. We have received many compliments from our neighbors that they are impressed with the wall and it looks great. We have been so impressed with Arbor Ridge that we are now wanting them to add a paver patio.

Description of Work
Arbor Ridge put a retaining wall on the side of our house.

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

08/14/2014

Arthur H.

The Arbor Ridge group did an excellent job and Steve Puccio was very good to work with. We were pleased with the quality of the worksmanship and the professionalism of his crew.

Description of Work
We had Arbor Ridge install a three tier retaining walls with planting beds in each level and a very nice paver patio under our deck.

Category decks, landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

06/12/2014

Mari Lou K.

We gave the company an overall C rating. Steve Puccio was prompt in replying to our request for the job evaluation, arrived at the appointed time and provided a written estimate the following day. He was surprised that we found the company on Angie's list as he said it had been awhile since they got a referral this way. Then the company posted a 5% discount on Angie's for jobs >$3000 though they didn't mention it to us as it occurred "after" our call to them. That gave them a D for professionalism and it raised our antennas on our decision to use this company. Next, the bid and contract. The initial bid was 6600 which we signed and returned. The following day we received another written estimate page noting an increase to 7000 for changes discussed on the phone, then the final very lengthy contract with lots of loopholes in it with additional fees added stating that they had given us "drawings' and any subsequent changes to the drawings would be at additional costs. They never mapped anything out on paper except a general statement of the work. Steve had offered to use dry stack stone along a low patio wall that he had been given by a friend that didn't use it on a job, the estimated price to install it was $1100. Seemed like a high rate of return for a straight forward install. In the end, we made the decision to not proceed with this company, we lacked confidence that they would do what they said they would do and felt eventually that we would end up paying lots more than we budgeted. We've done lots of home projects ourselves and think that overall, we can save a bundle by doing some more research, rolling up our sleeves and getting this one done too.

Description of Work
Estimate for excavation, grading for terrace wall and steps.

Category landscaping

Our 5% discount clearly states that the customer must mention the discount at the time of initial contact. The increase on the estimate for this Lead was an addition of top soil and the estimate noted that we would do the grading of the soil for free. Regarding the contract- Our contract is a standard construction contract with no “loopholes” as stated by the Lead, we present this to our customers to protect the customer and our company. The Lead refused to sign the contract, this brought up red flags to us as a company especially when they requested a copy of our design. Finally regarding the drawings/designs created by Arbor Ridge Outdoors- The Lead asked for a copy of our drawings while they were still shopping for contractors, Arbor Ridge Outdoors is not in the practice of creating a design for free and giving that to a Lead who can take the design and have another contractor complete the work for less, since the other contractor will be able to discount for not creating the design. The way Arbor Ridge Outdoors has summed up this Lead is by their own final statement, since they have completed their own work in the past, they wanted Arbor Ridge Outdoors to create a design so that they could refuse our estimate, keep our design and do the work themselves. Since they were unsuccessful in getting a hold of our design the Lead decided to be vengeful and give us a poor review.

03/11/2014

mark P.

This went very well, the results were fantastic. The company was very easy to work with. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
This company helped me design and implement landscaping for my yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service

11/11/2013

Lee K.

Steve was excellent to work with. He was patient with all of the redesigns we requested and was always available when we needed him. The work was done very well and if we were not happy he would gladly redo it to our liking. I would highly recommend Steve for complex projects that involve dealing with steep lake properties as well as more simple landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Steve leveled out our steep backyard and put in a new retaining wall. He also put in a very cool invisible fence, fire pit and garden area. Steve also put in new sod in both the front and back yard and new bushes, shrubs and flowers. There were new stairs and fence constructed on the upper level and the driveway timbers were removed and replaced.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

11/03/2013

Daniel N.

Very professional and easy to work with. The budget for the project was bit more than we expected, but it was still very fair. We are saving up for the project and will definitely use this company to complete it.

Description of Work
Obtained estimate for hardscape and landscaping project.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

04/07/2013

Marilyn R.

It went well.

Description of Work
Sprayed trees and shrubs with insecticide.

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn service

01/19/2013

Betty M.

.Steve can to take a look at the project, asked questions about what I wanted or didn't want and then drew up plans. He was more than willing to tweak things to get it in under my budget. He made some suggestions - e.g. an irrigation system - but I never felt I was being given a hard sell on something that I didn't want. He and his crew were polite, hardworking, etc. and did an appropriate amount of tidying up at the end of each day. Steve made sure I was completely satisfied and that all punch list items were completed before asking for final payment. As soon as I have money in the budget, I'm hoping he'll do my back yard as well. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Completely scraped and cleared an overgrown front yard where the grass had long ago disappeared. Designed and implemented a landscape./grass plan that suited my needs. In the year that I had been in the house, I had probably gone in and out of the front door fewer than a dozen times because I hated the overgrown mess that greeted me when I opened the door. I would go through the garage instead. I now use the front door regularly, and am no longer embarrassed to have people use the front walk. It is an amazing transformation.

Category landscaping, lawn service

06/05/2012

Allison W.

The experience was painless from start to finish. The work was done in a timely manner and Steve was every bit the professional. He was open to changes and advised me on how to keep everything alive (as I tend to kill all plants!) I would recommend Steve and Arbor Ridge Outdoors for any landscape needs.

Description of Work
Services Performed: Tore out all existing plants and shrubs on the left bank of my house. Tiered with landscaping timbers. Added all new shrubs and plants in a beautiful arrangement of gardenias, azaleas, crepe myrtles, lambs ears, small cedar shrubs, ground cover, daisys, indian hawthorne, fir tree. Landscaped the back of my yard with azaleas, butterfly bushes, hyrdrangea, indian hawthorne and beautiful shrubs I don't even know the name of. Pine straw was added to all areas. This work was done in 2011 and all plants have have come back and bloomed this year.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

05/17/2012

Lynell G.

They were amazing and punctual. They did a great job for the money. Not only did they do an amazing job on our landscaping, but they also recommended a great tree service, and we got a great deal on that. He goes above and beyond to make sure the people that he has working for him are legal citizens and takes them to get finger printed. I was totally impressed with them. He gave us an estimate and sent us photographs of all the materials. He delivered everything that he said he was going to do, and the backyard is amazing. He helped me transplant a tree from the front yard into my back yard. He really went above and beyond. He did an amazing job on my retainer walls. They used a lot of existing materials. They couldn't bring in machinery, so they did it all by hand. They cleaned up perfectly.

Description of Work
They built retaining walls and put plants in for us. They did extensive work for us.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

RAINFALL IRRIGATION INC

ADDITIONAL SERVICES LISTED ON WEBSITE.

Rain Or Shine Solutions

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Lawn Irrigation and Landscaping Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Peachtree Irrigation Inc

Peachtree Irrigation, Inc formerly known as Peachtree Corners Lawn Sprinklers has been in business for 30 years. We are committed to getting the jobs down in a timely manner, with friendly employees to make your irrigation installations or irrigation problems hassle free.

Landscape design, outdoor construction, outdoor kitchens, outdoor fireplaces, patios(stone, paver, or concrete), retaining walls, ponds, fountains, and water features, outdoor lighting, design and installation (tree, shrub, perrenial, seasonal color), pergolas, arches, arbors, masonry (indoor and outdoor)

small tile work (ex. backsplash), foundation repairs, masonry repairs.