Tampa Bay Plumbers LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2006

Tampa Bay Plumbers is a 24hr service company that specializes in residential plumbing and septic work. Our technicians have been working in plumbing and septic for at least 10 years, and many are coming up on 10 years with our company! See for yourself why we are such a trusted service provider on

plumbers (591)drain cleaning (125)septic tank service (115)sewer cleaning (37)drain pipe installation (35)water heaters (29)well & water pump repair (7)water softeners (3)home remodeling (23)excavating (11)tile installation (9)small appliance repair (6)

07/27/2022

Tiffany L.

I contracted Tampa Bay Plumbers to fix a sewer odor issue relating to a sump pump drain back in June 2021. Chris Grimes was the lead and said a repipe of the supply from service to all fixtures, plus a new sump pump and hydro-jetting all the lines would solve my odor issue. Chris said his proposal would take care of all the plumbing issues and quoted me $12,400, saying that I would not have to worry about any plumbing issues for a long time. It was appealing because my property was getting converted into an Airbnb so I wanted good reviews and zero plumbing issues. TBP is a big local company with good reviews and its company website so I thought I was in good hands and could finally resolve this sewer odor problem once and for all. I was so wrong. After multiple delays (non-weather related) and back and forth fixing and refixing, the sewer odor issue never went away. In fact, it got worse. The odor was initially coming from the small bathroom and the laundry room. After TBP tried everything, the odor started to come out from the master bath and kitchen! This dragged on for over 6 months and Chris became unresponsive. This significantly affected the newly launched Airbnb business, resulting in multiple negative reviews due to the unresolved odor issue. I had to escalate this issue and finally the owner, Ryan Pelky, and Cyndy Izquierdo, the Operations Manager, got involved in Jan 2022. Ryan apologized and agreed that Chris made a mistake in his diagnosis. He went to mhy property to inspect and was confident that he could resolve the sewer odor problem this time. Oh, wait, he said I had to pay more to solve the same problem I initially contracted TBP to do. What?! He offered to refund the sewer/drain related work from Chris's project and I would just be responsible for the repipe work. He agreed to reflect the refund/credit in a new proposal and would give me an almost at-cost deal for all the grievances caused. The new proposal was $4700 for a pump drain reroute and $7000 for adding vents through roof (VTR). Ryan said the drain reroute should solve over 90% of the sewer odor issue but need the VTRs to 100% resolve it. Um, why wasn't this proposed the first time?? Basically, Ryan is asking me to pay another $12000 on top of the initial $12000 from Chris's project, totaling $24000, to solve the SAME sewer issue I had initially contracted TBP to do. Wow. I've already lost my trust in TBP by then so I emailed Ryan and Cyndy to request the refund/credit to be applied to my balance instead so we can settle Chris's project first. The total credit Ryan offered totaled $6191. My TBP balance was $5000 which means that I should have $0 balance, plus a credit of +$1191. I said that I would like to use the $1191 credit towards the new proposal if I proceed with them because I was just not comfortable jumping into another $$$ project. I didn't proceed with them for obvious reasons. Ryan then sent me a letter completely changing what he promised via our phone call, saying that the refund credit was only applicable towards the next project. WHAT?? He basically lied and was forcing me to use his company again in order to benefit from the so-called refund. I couldn't believe that he was still asking me to pay in full for Chris's project when he had already agreed to offer a refund via our phone call on Jan 7th, Cyndy was on the line and heard it too. I responded right away and was holding them accountable for what was agreed over the phone and their own promise via their. Website, which advertises: "With our 100% satisfaction guarantee, you can trust that Tampa Bay Plumbers can handle any plumbing service needed and do it right the first time!" In my case, it was not done right the first couple of times and satisfaction is close to 0%. I asked them to uphold their promise of a refund by issuing the refund. This was back in Feb 2022. I didn't hear back from them until recently (July 2022). Their collection department kept calling me. Each time I explained the situation and the lady said a manager would call me back. Nope. Never heard back. They just kept sending me invoices. I finally had enough and filed a BBB complaint. I was shocked (and not so shocked) to see that their BBB rating has dropped to a F. I would suck it up and pay for the supply line repipe portion that didn't do anything to solve my sewer issues. TBP should do the honorable thing and uphold their promise of a refund instead of forcing me to spend more. And guess what? I later found another plumbing company and the owner Sam immediately pointed out the pump drain problem and gave me a $2000 proposal to reroute the drain line (the same work that Ryan proposed except he was charging me $4700 and called that an at-cost good deal to make things right). It only took Sam 1.5 days and the sewer odor never came back. TBP was charging me over $24000 to resolve this same issue that cost $2000...Unbelievable.

Description of Work
Sewer drain odor issue

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

06/20/2021

Treena H.

Since the company advertised they are a 24 hour company and they had good reviews we figured we would give them a try. We called at 9:45 pm on Saturday evening when we started encountering the problem. We were told there was a gentleman on a call at an apartment building but that he would be over afterwards. We were next on the list. We hadn't heard from them and called back around midnight. We were informed the job was taking longer than anticipated but not to worry as we were 2nd the list and the next to be helped. My husband then tried calling back at 2:00 am since we hadn't heard from them. No one answered the phone, we received no response. My husband stayed up all night waiting for the plumber. After not hearing from the company I called after 8:00 am on Sunday morning. At that point I was informed that no one could be sent out until Monday morning. I was extremely disappointed. If they had been more proactive with their customer service I could have called another company in the interim. Unfortunately with my husband staying up all night this has ruined our Father's Day plans we had set for today.

Description of Work
We had a pipe issue where the toilet was backing up into the tub. We could not use our toilet nor our tub/shower. This is the only bathroom in the house.

Work Completed On 06/20/2021

03/13/2021

Giselle A.

We cannot say enough good things about Tampa Bay Plumbers. On wedding day we had two of our toilets go on the fritz so we called and spoke with Samantha. She fell over backwards to get someone out to us asap to fix the problem. We have been long time customers of Tampa Bay Plumbers and again got confirmation why this is our preferred vendor. OUTSTANDING in all ways.

Description of Work
Blocked toilet and overflowing toilet

Category ceramic tile, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

03/09/2021

Janice P.

After 7 months, 3 new tankless water heater units (Steibl, Steibl and AO Smith), 5 different techs including the service manager Jack and a site vist from the owner Ryan, numerous failed attempts and empty verbal promises of "making things right," the last agreement was to change out the tankless water heater unit to a Tru Tankless water heater unit by their supposed expert, Joe, as we would take care of the electric and the difference in the whole sale cost of the unit, we have had zero response. We have also written reviews on Yelp, Google and will continue to do so on every platform. We have also made a formal complaint to the BBB.

Description of Work
Tankless water heater install in a Condo unit.

Category water heater repair

02/23/2021

Brenda J M.

I had the leak inspection team out for $350 to detect where a leak could be. Then I had to pay $550 to dig down less than 2 feet to get to the pipe. Then $450 to repair the pipe. The technician Mike Ramirez did a good job and kept me informed along the way. It just seemed very expensive to spend $550 to dig a small hole.

Description of Work
Leak in a pipe on my side of the water meter.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

02/22/2021

Linda A.

First, I was quoted $987 to replace several valves in our home due to age of the home, including the valves under the kitchen sink. After the work was done and the plumber was gone, found that the kitchen valves weren't replaced. Then, I noticed the water dispenser on our fridge wasn't working and called out a fridge repairman who said it was a plumbing problem. I had a follow up appt with these plumbers to determine what the problem was, but they didn't show up. I hired a different plumber who said I wasn't getting water to the fridge because the Tampa Bay Plumbers didn't turn on the valve that they replaced to the water heater, but when the new plumber did turn it on, it leaked a lot, so the new plumber fixed it. Tampa Bay Plumbers jilted me on the what was supposed to be done by not replacing the kitchen faucets, but charged me for it; and left me with unnecessary extra costs of $278 to pay the fridge repairman and new plumber.

Description of Work
Needed several valves to be replaced

Category

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

11/21/2020

Carol M.

Claim they are 24 hour. We had an immediate need, and tried to call at 6PM. Called the phone number on Angies List. Was on hold for 30 minutes. Found a second number that I called, still took 5 minutes before anyone picked up the phone. Explained what I needed to the man, who said their guy would call me right back. Waited over an hour, no callback, so I called again. A DIFFERENT person answered and said we are no longer in their service area, although they advertise that they service the Tampa Bay area, including Pasco County. We are in Wesley Chapel. Terrible responsiveness, and false advertising.

Description of Work
Needed septic tank pumped

Category septic tank, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

09/04/2020

Paula L.

Bathtub faucet was not leaking. Serviceman turned it on and off several times because it had not been used for about a year.

Description of Work
FY Bathtub faucet was leaking

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

Thank you for your kind review. Please keep us in mind for any future plumbing or septic issues that may occur. Again, thank you for choosing Tampa Bay Plumbers. We really appreciate your business. Sincerely, Tampa Bay Plumbers

08/28/2020

Karen D.

We had a leak in our copper piping. Elmo clearly explained our options and the projected costs, then quickly set to work locating and fixing the leak. He was very professional and personable. We are highly impressed with his work. Tampa Bay Plumbers, you have a gem in Elmo. Don't lose him!

Description of Work
Locate and repair a plumbing leak

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

Thank you for your kind review. Please keep us in mind for any future plumbing or septic issues that may occur. Again, thank you for choosing Tampa [Member Information Removed] Plumbers. We really appreciate your business. Sincerely, Tampa [Member Information Removed] Plumbers

06/10/2020

Anna M.

It could not have gone any smoother. I was able to make an appointment for the next day. Something came up and they allowed me to change to the following day with no problems. I received a call before they arrived. They got here when they say they would and were Friendly and professional

Description of Work
Empty Septic tank

Category septic tank, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

06/02/2020

Ted Q.

Everyone at Tampa Bay Plumbers was great to work with. However, our plumber Mathew Finley was excellent. He was very professional, knowledgeable and an excellent communicator. He explained what he was doing and cleaned up any mess created. I would recommend Tampa Bay Plumbers and Mathew to anyone in need of a plumber.

Description of Work
Whole house re-pipe

Category plumbing, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

Thank you for your kind review. Please keep us in mind for any future plumbing or septic issues that may occur. Thanks, Tampa Bay Plumbers

04/01/2020

Thomas W.

I am very happy with Tampa Bay Plumbers. Billy performed a very thorough inspection of my septic system, installed a new pump, and made his recommendations. The next day the two Carlos came out and installed risers, a new filter, and a new alarm. Jeff even came out and offered his assessment and advice. The employees at Tampa Bay Plumbers really know their business and are experts on various septic systems. I would recommend them to anyone needing septic work.

Description of Work
Septic Inspection

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

03/03/2020

JUNE EVA P.

Had issue with septic system, toilet not flushing and water backing up into downstairs shower. Called TPB on Monday they scheduled appointment for the next day. The pleasant technicians, Bill and Leo, called and arrived promptly. Pumped the tank (last clean out was 1.5 years earlier); mostly water. Bill, knowledgable and professional explained that the drain field was probably failing. The handle on the tank lid broke off and there was a chunk of concrete missing on the lip of the tank which allowed for sand/dirt and surface water to enter the tank as well. Bill recommended and installed a riser lid, sealing the broken tank lip and allowing easier access to tank. Very efficient and fair price. New drain field will be needed soon.

Description of Work
Pump septic tank and determine why water backing up into downstairs shower.

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

02/22/2020

RON B.

THE WORK WAS FINALLY COMPLETED TO OUR SATISFACTION. DUE TO THE XMAS AND NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS, WORK WAS INITIALLY DELAYED. BUT WHEN IT WAS STARTED, THEY WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND THEY DELIVERED WHAT WAS PROMISED. VERY, VERY SATISFIED.

Description of Work
REPLACE SEPTIC DRAIN FIELD

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

02/21/2020

James F.

I had a blockage in my main drain which was causing waste (poop!) to backup into a shower. I called Tampa Bay Plumbers and they dispatched a service technician within 2-3 hours. Michael, the tech, arrived and evaluated the situation. He used an electric drain auger to try to clear the blockage but the auger was not robust enough to do the job. He called another technician, Matt, and even though Matt had already clocked out for the day, he came over to give Michael a hand. Matt had a better electric auger and like Michael earlier, dragged the auger onto the rooftop to access a plumbing vent in order to try to clear the blockage. They were able to send the auger down the entire length of the drain and clear out scale deposits that were the main cause of the blockage. They then used a camera and examined the entire drain all the way to the septic tank to ensure the line was completely clear. These guys were here for about 3-4 hours until around 8:00 PM and they persevered to ensure my drainage issue was resolved before they left. And to top it off, Michael cleaned/disinfected the nastiness from the shower and the toilet and he also cleaned/disinfected every doorknob they touched in the process of the repair. I cannot recommend Tampa Bay Plumbers strongly enough. This is the third time I have used their services over the last 4 years and I could not be happier with the quality of service and professionalism of the staff and technicians. If you have a plumbing or septic issue call Tampa Bay Plumbers! You will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Main Drain Blockage

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

02/10/2020

Sean D.

it was one of the best professional services experiences ever. I was able to schedule a convenient appointment quickly and the office staff was very courteous. Russell was our plumber. He called before arriving, was prompt, professional and courteous. He gave us common-sense solutions to help us save money and didn't try to up-sell us on services or products. He worked quickly and cleanly.

Description of Work
faucet valve replacement on tubs and toilet leak assessment.

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

12/05/2019

Charles T.

They never responded to my service request. This was an emergency, and they ignored me completely. If they were overbooked, or Angie's List erroneously stated that they were in our service area, the least they could do is call or type out a message to that effect. . It's partially my fault, because this is the second time I've allowed them to do that to me. Supremely unprofessional.

Description of Work
Clogged outflow pipe between cleanout valve and septic tank

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

Good afternoon Mr. [Member Name Removed], We are so sorry for the inconvenience and that your lead was overlooked. We strive very hard to make sure we respond to all of our very important Angie's List leads we receive on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I have no other excuse for you. Please accept my sincere apology and feel free to contact me to discuss further. I would be very happy to offer you a $50.00 off discount if you could give us another chance to prove ourselves to you. I can be reached at 813-961-7808. Sincerely, David Schelll

08/26/2019

Joyce B.

I was very happy with my tech Jason. He worked very hard in the terrible heat and did not slack off. He did a great job rerouting my sewer lines, as I have two septic tanks and eliminating my old iron pipes. He was very professional, prompt and did a great job with clean up. I have recommended him to a neighbor and I would recommend this company to anyone that needs any plumbing done.

Description of Work
Sewer pipe replaced

Category plumbing, small appliance repair, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

Review for Tampa Bay Plumbers LLC - 6205 Johns Rd, Tampa, FL - 38069605

08/02/2019

JEANNE L.

They were very prompt and very good installation. I had them back the next year to replace a plumber line and they took care of the problem. They did a very good job and arrived within the timeframe. It was handled in a professional manner and they did what they are supposed to do.

Description of Work
They put a new water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/02/2017

07/23/2019

alan P.

This repair was a few years ago and has held up fine. The water service line from the water meter to the house was broken and leaking bad but no leak was visible on the ground. They found where the leak was, under the driveway, and replaced the water service line. They re-routed the line to a better spot and removed a non-functioning water softener and left that connection in place.

Description of Work
Replaced water service line from water meter to the house

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy you enjoyed our services! As a token of our appreciation, please accept $25 off that next service that you book with us. We greatly appreciate your business. - Cortney

07/13/2019

Raymond Q.

We couldn't have been more satisfied! If you must have your home repiped, go with Tampa Bay Plumbers. Suppose we were relatively lucky, but after three leaks from the pipe under our garage floor, water got into a room on the other side of the wall. Long process of water mitigation and renovation. After the flooring was replaced, another leak came up from the garage floor so we decided to bypass the garage floor pipe. Then we had a leak from the rerouted pipe. My wife called and interviewed four different plumbers. All but one said the repiping would require pipes exposed on the outside of the house at the kitchen and master bath. Unacceptable. Joe Bates, with Tampa Bay Plumbers, consulted with his crewman Miguel. After Joe described the situation, they said they could probably do the job without running the pipes outside. And they did it! Miguel, with the help from his teammates, was able to route the pipes inside our block construction walls in very tight spaces. The crew of Miguel, Richie, Ty, and (for a couple days) Zach was absolutely outstanding. They are polite and professional, always cleaning up after themselves as they worked. I was impressed with their teamwork. We had record high temperatures that week, so working in the attic was especially tough. But they watched out for each other - making sure each stayed hydrated and tag-teamed on the hard work. After the inspection (which passed with no problem), Miguel and Richie came back to "button up" the work. They repaired the drywall they had to cut out. After texturing and painting the walls, we could not tell it was ever repaired. Finally, we were also impressed with the Team Lead, Joe Bates. He set the right expectations and delivered on them right on time. We were able to trust him and his team. I place a premium on leadership. He set high standards for his crew and pitched in to shoulder the work, too, which included working in the hot attic to finish the pipe strapping and insulation. We highly recommend Joe, Miguel, Richie, Ty, and Zach from Tampa Bay Plumbers to anyone having to deal with a repiping of their home!

Description of Work
Repiping of entire house

Category drywall, plumbing