Hamrick Air Conditioning & Heating Inc

Founded 1953 • With Angi since October 2009

2400 N Pace Blvd

Pensacola, FL 32505

Excellence has been our hallmark since 1953. Hamrick Air Conditioning & Heating is a customer focused air-conditioning and heating company located in Pensacola, FL. We employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best service company in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties.. Our company specializes in designing, engineering, and installing complete comfort systems for owners of existing homes and buildings just like yours. We take special pride in the craftsmen we train and employ--a fact you'll notice immediately in the attitude and integrity they bring to your job site. Our entire company works hard to make your experience with us hassle-free and enjoyable. Should we make a mistake, we will do everything in our power to correct it to your satisfaction. From the professionalism of our sales engineers, to the dedication of our field personnel, we are dedicated to delivering you the best. We take our responsibility very seriously when you place your trust in us. We pledge to always tell you up front what your cost will be to complete your job correctly. We make it a point to go over any details or limitations of the proposed system that will affect your enjoyment of the end result. You are told exactly what to expect up front. We back this philosophy with our exclusive written guarantee when choosing Hamrick Air Conditioning & Heating to contract your job: “If at any time during the first year of installation, you are not 100% satisfied with the performance of the equipment, our service or even our employees, we will, within 30 days of your request, remove the system and cheerfully refund the entire amount of the contract.” Compare our guarantee with the limitations, fine print and exclusions other companies tend to use to back their work. Others will typically guarantee only the functionality of the equipment--not your satisfaction with the process or that the finished job lives up to your expectations. This is why Hamrick Air Conditioning & Heating continues growing with more satisfied customers each and every year. Give us a call for your service needs and see what you've been missing. Read more: http://www.hamrickair.com/webapp/p/119/about-my-company#ixzz3a7tUPpfo All content may be subject to copyright by Online-Access, Inc. To view the Terms & Conditions, visit http://terms.online-access.com/webapp/GetPage?pid=1&CO=1 Additional phone - (850)932-4107, ....

09/14/2021

Rita S.

The Point of Contact at Hamrick was unresponsive and woman at office answering phone was rude hanging up after I enquired whether the message was passed and the appointment was missed without any rescheduling (no show/no call). Second instance of this occasion in one week The woman answering phone doesn't follow up. Doesn't even identify herself . I've been a long-time customer for 30+ years and a Pensacola resident. Mr. Hamrick installed the original unit in 1989. I came from out of state and I'm disabled. For 2 weeks, I attempted get a technician to come out and was refused service. I call the woman answering phone asked her about situation, she wasn't helpful at all. In fact she was rude when I asked for explanation. I do NOT recommend hiring or future work using Hamrick; time waster and unapologetically nonresponsive, quite rude too.

Description of Work
HVAC cleaning and installation of mini stack

10/01/2020

Michael M.

Ms. Snooty Pants answered the phone when inquiring about a new XC25 Seer Lennox unit. She was rude, obnoxious, lacked technical information, and extremely unprofessional. Then, Ms. Snooty Pants attempted to price gouge me (Hurricane Sally) into Hamrick Air Consitioning's sales department for an install that is clearly advertised by Lennox for $6,300 (installed) to well over $13,000 (installed). If you want a new A/C HVAC system, do not use Hamrick because you will be price gouged and not provided appropriate Lennox sales support. Its better to order from a warehouse or Home Depot and have it installed since Hamrick's Ms. Snooty Pants and sales team will clearly attempt to steal every dollar you have in good or bad times (Hurricane Sally). The XC25 can be found online for approximately $6300.00. Hamrick Air Conditioning & Heating does not deserve to be a Lennox Dealer with stuck up price gouging people like Ms. Snooty Pants who answered the phone at Hamrick / Lennox.

Description of Work
New A/C HVAC Install (Replace Entire Unit)

05/02/2018

Grady P.

Fan and compressor failed, turned out compressor was still under warranty so just had to pay for fan and labor to rip compressor and fan out then put back in. After install and doing checks found a valve in the Air Handler was malfunctioning as well which is what caused the compressor and fan to go out on the outside unit. Kept me updated, followed up with testing, and made sure I was taken care of. Very happy with them since the initial unit installation years ago.

Description of Work
Heat Pump not cooling

08/29/2017

Nicki S.

It was wonderful! I filled out an online request for a service call, indicated it was "no rush" and the tech called me later the same day. He was punctual, friendly and funny. He was able to improve the performance of our old system and suggested we start looking into replacing it. He put absolutely no pressure on us at all and didn't use any "this thing is gonna blow up" scare tactics; he was great!

Description of Work
Our AC was not cooling as efficiently as it once was. It is an older system so we were looking for someone to do whatever we could to improve it, and also to give us an honest assessment of the system.

07/18/2017

Jeanette L.

They were great. They have come out several times and cleaned it and maintenance it, no problems.

Description of Work
They came out somewhere in the Fall, October or November. I have a heat pump and they come to make sure everything is good before I go into the Winter season. It's $125 for the maintenance, one time. It's a one time every year cleaning and maintenance.

02/10/2017

DARRELL G.

Smoothly. Crew showed up on time. They were professional and courteous. One "hiccup" after installation which they promptly addressed.

Description of Work
New heat pump installation

01/03/2017

Jeanne S.

They are very professional. The workers I came in contact with are very good. It is a family-owned business.

Description of Work
I use Hamrick. They come every six months and do heating and air conditioning maintenance.

01/03/2017

Jeanne S.

I used them because I was looking for a new provider.

Description of Work
I first used Hamrick for maintenance check.

01/29/2016

Rachel S.

This is the second time I used them for services and am pleased with how both went. They responded very quickly and had the parts handy so they were able to do everything on the spot. I felt they explained everything very well and were very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced motor and condenser and fixed both thermostats.

09/14/2015

Brenda G.

Did a great job servicing the unit. They do this twice a year. I have been using this company for many years now. My A/C unit runs great and my bills are low. They are honest and very reliable. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Serviced A/C unit

11/03/2014

Roger T.

Excellent on tear out, intallation, and clean up. Best A/C company in the tri county area. A/C costs droped by $100.00 per month. Heating cost so far are down by 33%.

Description of Work
removed old heating/ac system and installed new system

10/08/2014

Joseph C.

I haven’t had a bad experience with them. They’ve been really nice. They don’t seem super cheap but everything else about them has been good. They’re pretty big. Overall the job went well. They showed up when they were supposed to. They were very nice to me. I’ve used the same guy that’s shown up a number of times and he’s always been nice. The job has been successful because the air conditioner is still working. They didn’t make a mess.

Description of Work
I’ve used Hamrick Heating & Air multiple times.

08/27/2014

Kristen B.

They came to check on a system that was blowing cool, but not cold. Technician was prompt and pleasant. Found the only thing was that it was low in freon (significantly) added and it worked fine. However, my one concern is that he did not test for a leak. Everyone I told after asked why in the world he didn't test for leak. Had to have back out a couple weeks later to test for leak. All in all a good company. Very responsive. Fair charges. I would definitely consider them in the future.

Description of Work
Check on a malfunctioning air conditioning

08/23/2014

Steve B.

We knew our two units were deteriorating in the coastal air. One had started to make a clanging noise so we had Hamrick AC & Heating's serviceman replace the motor inside the air handler. At that visit we were informed of Gulf Power's Check Me rebate offer for replacing failing/inefficient units with new higher efficiency models. They handled all the paperwork and determined that we did qualify for the rebate. Mr. Hamrick came out and did a thorough exam of our systems and then went back and emailed us a quote for replacements. The quote took into consideration the prior service call and the rebates and was agreed upon. The day of installation went very smoothly. The men showed up on time, wore booties inside the house and were extremely courteous throughout the day. I always appreciate when a company's employees treat my house as a HOME and not a construction site. (We've had a lot of work to do to fix up our "short sale" purchase and some experiences have been very frustrating.) This day was long, but it was pleasant. They planned it so I had one unit going the whole time and could stay cool all day. They cleaned up after themselves so well the only trace they left was shiny new AC/Heating units and the paperwork! This was a major expenditure in our budget. We feel we made a great choice going with Hamrick. I don't believe anyone could top the service and customer care. We are signed up for the ongoing maintenance contract as well.

Description of Work
Installed two new heat pump units in my townhome to replace the aging/failing ones.

07/25/2014

Rebecca S.

Spoke to them twice concerning getting a bid to replace two AC units. Guess they weren't interested in my business, as they didn't return my calls, after calling them twice. Told them I got them off Angie's List....didn't make a difference to them.

Description of Work
Would not return calls

07/22/2014

gregory C.

wonderful, Buddy was friendly and very well versed in his field. great personality and informative as to his findings.

Description of Work
serviced ac/heat

07/09/2014

Marilyn S.

It has always been a good experience. They also do work for the Garden Center which has about 400 members and I work in the office, and they are very thorough.

Description of Work
I have used Hamrick in the past, and they have been very good. We have just had freon put in.

05/14/2014

Lindsay M.

Mr. Hamrick, the owner/founder, came to my house himself which I thought spoke well of their company. He went up in my attic and took pictures of the problems which none of the other people had done. Whoever you go with to get service I think this was helpful because other companies I just had to take their word on the problems but he literally showed me the pictures on his phone right then. I requested a quote on an HVAC but he was concerned about the age and state of the ductwork. I later learned through my own research that you can lose up to 50% of the air you're paying to cool through leaky ducts. I also had a family friend who is a retired HVAC guy come check it out and he told me Hamrick was correct and the ducts really needed replacing. Although this doubled the cost of the work I had done short term, in the long term it will save me money and I appreciate being made aware of a problem I didn't know existed. I ended up going with another company to do the work (Hamrick's cost was about $2k above the quote I went with) but I would definitely solicit quotes and consider Hamrick for future work.

Description of Work
Inspected attic and HVAC and provided an estimate.

05/08/2014

Eric C.

These guys are great! My second experience with this company. Great customer service....Jason and Matt were awesome. They dont try and soak you for every penny you have...they just provide excellent customer service. If you dont use this company, you are crazy! You'll never call a different ac company again. Another great job guys!

Description of Work
Repair AC unit

04/28/2014

Mike P.

Andy found a creative and sound solution. Could not ask for more- professional, affable, polite and effective. Give him a raise!

Description of Work
Repaired a switch scenario on the outdoor compressor unit.

04/05/2014

Helen D.

I have used Hamrick Air Conditioning and Heating for several years for service, so when I needed to replace my broken unit, I only needed to make one call. From the initial contact to the installation of a new unit, every individual I spoke with was professional, answered all my questions regarding a new unit, and punctual. ,

Description of Work
Installed a new air conditioning/heating unit

04/02/2014

Mitchell P.

My 13 year old system was a lower-end unit installed by the building contractor when the house was built in 2001. It was adequate but loud and after many hot summers it seemed a good time to replace it. In January I read about several makes and models with good histories for reliability and then I met with three companies (all Angies Listed) to survey my needs . Each contractor had favorable reputations and reviews for service and they did good jobs presenting me with options. I finally settled on the Lennox brand and Hamrick A/C & Heating as my contractor. The owner, Scott Hamrick, is a second generation owner and he met with me and my wife three times to discuss the finer details. He won us over with his knowledge, confidence and the way he handled our many questions about tonnage, efficiency, humidity control and the quietness of the system. We finally settled on the XP-21, 18 SEER dual-fuel furnace system with I-Comfort thermostat control. His crew arrived as scheduled and went to work removing the old equipment and installing the new. Everything went as planned. They put down covering over the wood flooring and cleaned up very well as they finished. They tested the system and demonstrated how to operate the controls. The real tests are yet to come. As the weather warms up and the cooling demands increase we'll see if this system is the jewel I expect it to be. I follow up in a year after both a cooling and a heating season has pasted. May 2015 update: After one year I can say the new system has done everything I wanted and expected. My electricity usage in the summer cooling season dropped by 19%. My wintertime electric usage can't really be compared since I previously used natural gas only. What I can say is the system is very quite and does a good job cooling and heating. Mr. Hamrick's staff have done two seasonal checks on the system without fail. I like their service and expect to continue using them for preventive service and repairs as needed.

Description of Work
Complete climate control system replacement (A/C compressor, furnace, thermostat, coil)

02/25/2014

Jamie N.

This guy didn't do anything for me. I called and had him come out and give me a quote. He said he would get back to me in a few days. I called and the office said he was out of town for a few days and he'd get back to me. I waited until the following week and called again and was told again from the office he would call me back. I never heard anything back. I was highly disappointed because I thought this guy was going to give me the best quote out of all of the companies I had come assess my situation. However I never received a quote. :(

Description of Work
Nothing.

01/09/2014

Scott S.

It went very smoothly and professionally. Called when they were on the way - arrived on time.

Description of Work
Clean, inpsect all airconditioning units and heating units

12/16/2013

Henry A.

After checking Angie's List for a highly rated HVAC company I settled on Hamrick A/C & Htg. An appointment was made promptly which was great because I had limited time in town to accomplish this and several other services. The tech arrived on time and began the process of reviewing the system. I as by his side most of the time asking questions and he always answered and answered honestly. Turns out this is an older system and no longer being produced. If there were to be any major issues I was advised to consider replacing it rather than investing any significant dollars in repairs. I had also recently purchased a new WiFi Thermostat but needed a common wire available to make it work. The tech checked the diagram on the inside panel of the furnace and promptly connected an unused wire and viola, I had the needed wire to make my new thermostat work. The tech removed the blower and took it outside to hose it off. He checked both the inside furnace and the exterior AC unit and clean both. Both were in working order but both were past their prime. The tech took ample time, actually spent more time then I had guessed. This to me indicated that he was being very thorough and took pride in his work. I now have a clean system, a working system and know that I've done all I can to get the maximum use out of an old HVAC system.

Description of Work
Recently purchased a vacation townhome in Pensacola and needed someone to clean and inspect the HVAC system.