Duggins Services

Founded 1987 • With Angi since October 2010

PO Box 10884

Pensacola, FL 32524

Duggins Services is a leading provider of painting, sheetrock, carpet cleaning, painting, and custom rugs. Duggins first services were to provide premium carpet cleaning services to it's customers in Pensacola and the surrounding areas as Duggins Carpet Care, Inc. As the company grew, a decision

04/24/2017

Sally M.

Good will have more to add, as i have pending work.

Description of Work
Flooring, painting, caepeting, wood

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed]

04/13/2017

Michael D.

Installation went well. Only problem was excess glue was left on the floor that I had to clean up.

Description of Work
Installation of engineered hardwood floor in living room.

Category flooring contractor

We are so sorry for the excess glue Mr. [Member Name Removed] and that you had to clean it up, we would have gladly come and taken care of that if you had made us aware of it. Please let us know if we can assist with future projects and we will make sure that this issue does not happen again.

11/15/2016

Barbara E.

Cost was all covered by home owners insurance. We were out of town and they dealt with my 17 year old daughter. They were wonderful. They took care of everything without us even being there. They were just great.

Description of Work
Water repair damage to our carpet involving replacing it.

Category carpet installation

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed]!!

10/26/2015

Timothy R.

Very efficient and took care of moving everything. We have used Duggins before and will again.

Description of Work
Steamed rugs in home.

10/05/2015

Gloria M.

They did an excellent job and I would recommend them to others. Even my neighbors commented on the work. They were easy to do business with.

Description of Work
I am contracted with Duggins Services for the pressure washing services.

Category pressure washing

07/21/2015

William N.

The work was done in a timely and professional manner. They loaded and unloaded the rug from my truck

Description of Work
Repaired, cleaned and replaced the fringe on a Karastan rug.

11/17/2014

Pattie O.

Wonderful, installed quickly yet professionally. Looks beautiful!

Description of Work
Installed vinyl flioring over old wooden flloor.

08/24/2014

Carol C.

Small metal gate and front door were to be painted. I knew the front door had an area of small rust. I disclosed that. I was scheduled several weeks out. The painter's were prompt and tried to satisfy the requirements. In fact they pointed out an area of wood rot near the front door which I asked they address. I bought all the materials (not brushes for the job including a weather strip and wood rot stabilizer. They instructed me what to buy. Did not buy wood filler. I was happy with the work initially. Unfortunately the small spot of rust that was the initial area of concern came back. Lowe's advised me to use a latex paint inside and oil based paint outside. Despite using Sherwin Williams Rust Converter the rust area came back in approximately 6 weeks. I followed up after the rust stain reappeared and was led to believe Duggins would repaint the interior part of the front door with an oil based paint after sanding down and treating the rust spot once again. I was told they were really busy and would come by my house when they were in the area. Several weeks passed by. After cleaning up at my front door last week I noticed some dimpling around the wood trim near the bottom of my front door.I put my finger on the area and it pushed through. That was the same area that I paid extra to treat. Between the rust reappearing on my white door and the wood rot repair failing, I felt I needed to see if they would make it right. I was told that the paint was customer supplied and their warranty was 30 days. I should follow up with Lowe's on their warranty. As far as the wood rot, I was told that I must have a drainage issue for it to reappear. Gutters not in that particular area. How do I know the painters removed all the wood rot, stabilized it and filled it completely. I was not watching 100% of the time. In essence they said they performed their services and the issue was with Lowe's and an area that gets wet I should address. I should not accept complete blame for selecting products. I thought I was buying the correct products. Should I have been better advised by the professionals? I will try to correct the problems since they say they have met their warranty. I am disappointed.

Description of Work
Paint two doors. Customer supplied paint from Sherwin Williams and Lowe's (Valspar)

Category house painters, interior painters

[member name removed] contracted with us for labor services only on 5/21/2014. At the time of estimate we did advise [member name removed] that the door should be replaced to prevent re-occurrence of the rust issue. We did not advise this customer on products that should be used to remedy the rusting area of the door, she would have been advised at the time of purchase from either Lowe's or Sherwin Williams. Unfortunately, the products selected failed to meet her expectations and permanently correct the issue, we were made aware of this on 8/21/2014. We are not able to warranty products that we do not sell but are always happy to warranty our workmanship had that been the issue. [member name removed] clearly stated that the workmanship and professionalism of our painters was to her satisfaction. We hope that [member name removed] has contacted the professionals that advised her on the products she purchased regarding their warranty policy and that her issues have been resolved.

05/08/2014

ALEX B.

Overall I was very happy with the work done. They called ahead to notify us that they were going to arrive on time and did. The two young men were very congenial and friendly. They did a thorough job of cleaning the carpets and overall I am very satisfied with the quality of their work. The only thing I was disappointed with was the amount of time it took the carpet to dry. They estimated that it would take between 2-4 hours and it took over 12. However, I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Clean carpets

05/05/2014

Tracey O.

Did not complete work in a timely fashion or call to inform me of what was going on. And the worker did not return my phone calls.

Description of Work
Removed all carpeting from when we flooded. Were supposed to come back and spray and remove drywall to help dry out the house. Never came back. I left a message on 5/2/2014. Never heard back till Monday. Wanted to spray then but we had already contacted someone else because we had to start the drying out process. The office called 5/5/2014 to come to spray. I informed them I already had to go to someone else because they didn't return the day they said they would. I also told her to reassess my bill. I paid $1000 ---my insurance deductible--for the entire service but they did not complete the work. Waiting to hear what they will do about it. But do NOT recommend this company

Category drywall, water damage restoration, interior painters

Customer approved detailed proposal prior to commencement of work. The proposal clearly states that our price of $1000 was to extract water and remove carpet and padding (proposal also details areas in the home as well as the size of the areas). We were not contracted to remove drywall or spray any areas. We are glad to hear that your issue was resolved.

04/08/2014

Richard F.

It was a bad. I thought I was hiring professionals for the price I was paying. They took shelves off the wall and when they replaced them, they left a shelf hanging on the wall, because they did not know how to put it back, and just left one off the wall. They left two rooms completely unpainted. Door frames unpainted, base boards unpainted, trim work not done. Paint on my mirror, paint on my French door, they sprayed painted a ceiling and got spray paint on three door knobs. They never covered the door knobs before spray painting. Instead of filling holes like I was told they would fill, they just painted over the holes. I had nails which I overlooked on the base boards, they painted the nails instead of pulling them. They left the trim in the living room unpainted. If these are professionals, this is the worst I have seen. When I complained to one of the supervisor's, he took pictures and took it back to the shop. I was told by the office manager that they have been reprimanded. After the painters came back, they still missed a lot of stuff in my home. I then spoke to the paint supervisor, who said he would take care of everything. I refused to tell them if anything was wrong after this. I took care of the items they messed up on. For what I paid, this was the worst company I had hired to do a job. They were happy to get my money, $4,649.50, for the paint job which was the worst I have ever seen "professionals" do. I would never recommend these guys for a paint job. After reading the reviews on Angie's list for this company, I was very disappointed with the painters. After paying the money I never heard from the company, even though they knew how frustrated I was for the job they did. As long as they got paid it did not matter. As for the carpet and kitchen floor. This was a different crew. They were good, I have no complaints about the carpet or they way they cleaned my kitchen floor. I would recommend them for the carpet and floor, but not the painting.

Description of Work
To paint my entire house to place on the market. I received a discount to have the house empty before they painted. They also carpeted and cleaned my kitchen floor.

12/22/2013

Joanna C.

My initial choice did not adhere to the concrete slab. Tim Duggins brought the manufacturer to my home and even though the manufacturer did not stand behind the product, Tim Duggins did make the situation right! Excellent customer service. My next choice of tile has been very satisfactory. I'll be happy to use them again!

Description of Work
Flooring for living/dining room & foyer.

Category flooring contractor, floor cleaning

12/06/2013

David K.

Josh is great, very responsive, made me feel like they cared. I think the job I gave them was a little too large. About 120 sheets of sheet rock, just about the whole new house and I think this is not their speciality to do a whole house. I feel they are much more suited to repairs, additions and this type of work where the job is over in a week, not 6. So in general of all the florida contractors I hired, I would say Josh and his team are near the top and I would recommend them to anyone for a small to medium job.

Category drywall

11/11/2013

Erika S.

I called to get an estimate for drywall repair and scheduled a time for him to come out and do the estimate. 15 minutes before the estimate time he called and had me describe the situation. He said he didn't need to come by and that he would call me back to schedule a time to fix it. Two weeks later I called his receptionist and tried to schedule a time for him to do the repairs. She said she would have to get a hold of him and have him call me back. It's been another two weeks with no callback.

Description of Work
Never scheduled work/returned calls

Category drywall

We made multiple attempts to contact you and left messages for you to return the call. We are so disappointed that we were not able to reach you and take care of the work that you needed done. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this caused for you and hope that you were able to your repairs completed in a timely manner.

10/22/2013

Joseph K.

We called on Friday to have the carpeting in our dining/living area stretched and cleaned. Despite having some computer problems, the receptionist was able to schedule an appointment for the next Monday between 1 and 2 PM. Just before 1 PM on Monday, Dan called and told us that he was on the way. He and Chris arrived by 1:15 and began their work. We had removed most of the light furniture from the area. Chris and Dan worked around the dining table and sofa. They re-stretched the carpet quickly and fixed a problem with carpet attachment at the sliding door to the balcony. The cleaning also went quickly with special attention to a couple of areas. Dan explained everything and took extra care in repositioning the sofa for us. The carpet was still a bit damp after 4 hours as Dan had explained and was completely dry by the next morning. It now looks freshly installed. Dan and Chris were very professional and quick. We would not hesitate recommending them and Duggins Services in the future.

Description of Work
Dan and Chris re-stretched and cleaned the carpet in our condo unit.

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation

10/10/2013

Ladonna V.

The representative was late, and the person I spoke with on the phone advised me 'he forgot to call' me. He never made it out for the estimate. At that point, if they couldn't be there on time, I didn't want them there at all.

Description of Work
They were supposed to come out for an estimate on new floors in my home.

Category flooring contractor

Unfortunately, there are times when even the laid plans go awry. The nature of this business is to meet with the potential customer at their home and make sure to cover all possible repairs so that we can provide a comprehensive estimate of the work to be completed. Appointments times are scheduled solely off of information that the customer provides when they contact us, there are times when we arrive at the customers home and realize that more time will be needed. When this happens we make every attempt to contact the next appointment and notify them that we will be tardy. When we contacted you to inform you of the delay you stated that you wanted to cancel the appointment because we were late, that is why we did not show up. We hope that you were able to have the repairs made and apologize again for the misunderstanding.

07/01/2013

Joanna O.

They have been great. We have actually called them back on several occasions for more work.

Description of Work
They initially did the exterior painting. They did the drywall and painted the interior of a storage building we had built.

Category drywall, interior painters

06/11/2013

Edward W.

So far they have done excellent work, and they have been great with communication and coordination! They really take pride in their craft.

Description of Work
They have been doing some remodeling for me.

Category remodeling

05/15/2013

Mildred M. C.

They clean my carpet once a year. They are really good. I am pleased with their work and everything. I think, I have used them three times since I have been here.

Description of Work
I used Duggins Services for carpet cleaning service.

Category carpet cleaners

01/25/2013

ALEX B.

Duggins was recommended to me by another carpet cleaning service. I brought a 35-year-old Chinese wool rug into them to be repaired and cleaned. They did an excellent job of the repair and the cleaning. I was concerned about bleeding since I had been told it could possibly be a problem. There was no bleeding they did an excellent job of cleaning it. They could not get all of the stains out, but there was a urine stain from a pet that had been in for years that we can previously attempted to remove. Can't blame them for not being able to get it out.

Description of Work
They repaired and cleaned a 35-year-old Chinese rug.

Category carpet installation, interior painters, oriental rug cleaning

12/17/2012

Robert H.

As stated above I would use this company for certain jobs. I would not allow the subcontractor they used to lay my floors back in my house. I was treated fairly and professionally. The quotes I was given I thought was completely fair which is the reason we had 3 different job completed at one time.

Description of Work
We used this company to preform 3 different jobs: Exterior Painting, Interior Drywall and installing Laminate Flooring. 1st Exterior Painting- The crew Duggins sent out to do the Exterior Painting did a wonderful job. They power washed the whole house plus all the concrete front and back. They then replaced some rotting wood, chalked and sealed the whole house. The house was completely hand painted and the house looked completely different. The job was done in a timely manner and we where very happy with this service. I would have no problem using this company to paint again. 2nd Interior Drywall- They had a separate crew take care of the drywall. Both projects where from a leaking ceiling. It took less then a day to fix the problems. They came out and took care of business. Both spots blended in well with the other parts of the ceiling and unless you knew exactly where the problem was you wouldn't know any work had been done. 3rd Laminate Flooring- This is the part only of this company I would not use again. They sent out a subcontractor for this job. They showed up on time. The flooring we had was purchased elsewhere. The contractor had never laid the type of flooring that we had purchased. This contractor spent the first day trying to figure out how to lay the new flooring. They went thru about 6 boxes of laminate flooring before they decided to call the manufacture to see what the problem was. After speaking to the manufacture they packed up and went home about 2pm. The next day they showed back up and after a discussing what was going to happen my floors finally got laid. There where some very large gaps left at the walls which they informed me would be covered up by the 1/4 round. It did not. After these guys left I had to pull the floors back up after ordering more flooring and relay a big portion of what these guys did. This of course cost me time and money which was not replaced by Duggins. I would not let this subcontractor back into my house for any reason. Very sloppy work. Duggins Services as a company where very fair with the estimates and the work actually preformed by Duggins Employees was done ontime and very well. I would use them again.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, house painters

10/30/2012

Clifford N.

It was a good experience. They were prompt and worked in a neat and careful manner. I felt the cost was appropriate for the work accomplished. The quality of the work was excellent.

Description of Work
Duggins Services repaired a water damaged drywall ceiling and repainted it and several other areas in house that required painting.

Category drywall, interior painters

09/11/2012

Michael M.

My son put his foot through the ceiling over the weekend. I called Duggins Services of Pensacola FL. Monday after enrolling in Agies list. They were out the nest day for estimates and the work was done the following week.

Description of Work
***Update*** They replaced the floors in my kitchen and bathroom. The bathroom is fine, but the kitchen floor has lots of wrinkles in the flooring, they said it was because of moisture coming up, but even after I fixed the issue and had a new dry subfloor installed there were more wrinkles that showed up. I would never use them again*** Had to remove the ceiling plasterboard and replace. Removed and re-installed all mortar boards. Plastered the the cracts around the light electrical box. Asked how much it would be to repair a door frame busted from a burglary. They did it for no cost due to it only requiring the proper screw to assemble. Could not have a better experience with a contractor. He is now in my contact list and I have hired them to do further repairs.

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

As discussed at the time of of the estimate. The sub floor was saturated and needed to be replaced, at that time you said that you did not want to incur that expense and would take your chances installing the floor over the damaged sub floor.

07/24/2012

Anita D.

They applied a sealant on my tile. The work was very good. Everything turned out great.

Description of Work
They cleaned my tile.

Category ceramic tile

06/01/2012

Andrea D.

They are very professional. They did a very very good job on everything. We are still currently using this company, they are coming today to finish a threshold on a door.

Description of Work
I used Duggins Services for painting services. They painted three exterior doors, put in a new door and cleaned our carpet.

Category carpet cleaners, house painters, interior painters, doors