Precision Environmental, Inc.

Founded 1982 • With Angi since March 2006

2945 Townsgate Rd. Suite 200

Westlake Village, CA 91361

Everything, Handled With Care Since 1982, your partner in Environmental Remediation, Water Damage Restoration, Eco-Friendly Pest Control, Insulation, and Demolition....

11/27/2017

Diane P.

It was a good job.

Description of Work
Asbestos removal

11/22/2017

Beth D.

Great. There were a coupe of setbacks but the project went smoothly, they were very professional, and CLEAN! Also very polite.

Description of Work
Renovate room, and paint

Category drywall, mold removal

10/18/2017

Alissa Y.

The project went well. Jay put me in contact with the contracting side to help put my rooms back together after they were done with the removal. Based on my meeting with the contractor, i would not feel comfortable having him in my home again. It didn’t help that he also never sent me the estimate even though he came to my house to review the scope of work.

Description of Work
I need two rooms decontaminated of mold because of a leak from the outside of my house. They also removed some asbestos for me as well. It was great working with Jay and Carlos! They were responsive and answered all my questions.

Category asbestos removal, mold removal

08/02/2017

Cary H.

The two-man brew was very thorough and professional and completed the work in a few hours.

Description of Work
Removed and disposed of 2 transite asbestos bent pipes nd 7 asbestos insulated floor heating vents.

06/26/2017

Melin B.

They were careful to put plastic everywhere. It smelled for a couple of days but was told that was to be expected. I would hire them again. We then had a plasterer but a super smooth finish and when dry 2 days the painters came in. $2200. (Price a bit high next time would get more bids for plasters)

Description of Work
Remove aesbestos cottage cheese ceiling in living room and entry hall. $1700.

01/11/2016

Barbara W.

Category drywall, asbestos removal

03/22/2015

Thomas L.

As part of a kitchen remodel, the old drywall tested positive for both asbestos and lead based paint. Our general contractor recommended Precision Environmental and called them to prepare a quote. Within an hour of the call, their representative was at our door and a quote delivered in about 24 hours. The crew showed up on the appointed day and time. They prepared the work area with a containment and filtration system to keep the rest of the house clean. They completed the task of removing all the appliances, cabinetry and contaminated drywall on the second day. They left the house and yard in very clean condition. Overall, they we very responsive, timely and their staff friendly. We don't know whether anyone might have done it for less but the price was reasonable considering the extent of the precautions they took.

Description of Work
Abatement of asbestos containing material and removal of lead paint.

06/11/2014

Teresa A.

Description of Work
Precision came to give an estimate for asbestos and lead removal in our home that needed to be done before a remodel. The inspection done was not thorough. Areas that needed treatment went unnoticed and therefore in estimated, and if we had used Precision, untreaded.

Category asbestos removal

Hi (Member name removed), We have repeatedly tried to contact you by phone but have been unsuccessful to discuss this matter. Precision is a remediation and abatement company, we never identify asbestos or mold. Best practices in our industry is for an independent environmental consultant to test suspect areas and make recommendations for remediation or abatement. If a consultant confirmed asbestos containing materials in the home, the customer would then decide and inform us of what materials tested positive and how much of it they would like us to remove. For instance, there may be asbestos in the joint compound in the drywall and you are doing a remodel. It would only be prudent to abate the material in the areas of the remodel. Our estimator relied on your instructions as to the areas you wanted to abate and submitted a proposal based on those instructions. There is no doubt that there was more asbestos containing materials in the home, but unless you specify that you want all of it removed throughout the entire home, we have to rely on the scope of work that you have set out for us. We understand that remodels sometimes expand and we can certainly amend a proposal based on any changes. If there are any questions as to whether or not a certain material is asbestos containing or not, that needs to be directed to your environmental consultant. We never identify asbestos, that can only be done through testing. Please call us if you have the opportunity, I would really like to hear if there are more details to the situation that I may be unaware of. Take care, Jehremy Foster 805-797-0039

10/02/2012

Matthew W.

It went well, they were punctual and flexible when I needed to reschedule, and professional. I got another quote from another company and Precision's quote blew it out of the water and the quote matched the final price.

Description of Work
removal of asbestos - cottage cheese ceiling in the garage and removal of asbestos tile and mastic adhesive in large adjoining patio room.

06/25/2012

Fannie T.

Their service was pleasant and they did timely work. They left my house clean.

Description of Work
They came out for asbestos abatement.

09/12/2010

Jim W.

I had a pipe burst in an upstairs bathroom, damaging the the bathroom and the bedroom below. Kim Buttars of Precision was the most professional person I dealt with through this entire process. The only reason he did not perform the work was that it turned out to be covered by my homeowners insurance and the insurance company had me use their contractor. Even though he didn't get the job, Kim helped me with what I needed to discuss with my insurance company and he pointed out several things other companies completly missed. I would use Precision in a heartbeat, they are professional, polite, prompt and they explain things in layman's terms.

Description of Work
Estimate for water damage & mold remediation.

07/18/2010

melissa E.

It was more than six months ago that the work was done, so I don't recall the story from start to finish. But I do remember that the guys were on time, the area was sealed off appropriately, and they did not take longer than was detailed in the proposal. Also, at some point during the process, it became evident that there was mold that went beyond the scope of the work that was quoted. I was given the option of having them get all of the mold (which extended up to other floors of our complex) or to just go as far as was originally quoted. I opted to go with what was originally quoted, and they were fine with that. If I lived in a stand alone house, then I would probably get all of the mold taken care of, but since I am in a condo complex, that's a different story. The workers removed the inside structure of the cabinets that were affected, removed the drywall and insulation, scraped down the inner walls and framing, and then applied the heat process that kills the mold. Everything was sealed off, and there was a machine outside that was hooked up to the kitchen area that sucked all the bad air out while this was going on. They bagged up all the moldy stuff and removed it all from the premises.

Description of Work
There was mold in between the walls behind my kitchen counters. The area that was affected by mold only entailed about 75% of the full length of the cabinets and one section of cabinet wasn't affected at all. Precision Environmental was the only company that proposed to get rid of the mold without losing the kitchen countertop and cabinet doors in their entirety. Their method of mold remediation allowed them to be able to keep those fixtures in place while still treating the affected areas. This was a major reason that I decided to use them. The cost to replace kitchen cabinets and countertops would have been alot more than I could afford. Also, we liked their guy, Mark, who came out to our condo to see the problem and give us the estimate. He wasn't overly B.S.ish with us, and understood that we do not live in Beverly Hills and do not have that sort of budget to work with. It is unfortunate that sometimes you can be at the mercy of unscrupulous mold remediators who will jack up their prices and prey on your fears. Luckily, there are also people like Precision Environmental who will actually work with you to resolve your problem in a satisfying manner.

06/23/2010

GREGORY & ELEANOR F.

Asked about the problem. They told us we didn't have to worry about it and they wouldn't need to come out or charge us. They didn't try to rip us off, so we were really happy with that.

Description of Work
Told them about an Asbestos situation.

03/11/2010

HOWARD F.

It was almost like surveying except it is just your house on the property. They took the measurements around the house to put in a deck. My experience with them was good. They did what they said they were going to do for the price they said. They were recommended to me by my landscaper. It's hard to compare their price because their service is so specialized.

Description of Work
Precision Environmental came out in September or November and took measurements of the height levels of all the structures and the ground all around.

Category land surveyor

04/03/2009

Michelle G.

Problems started on day one. In my opinion, the problems are a result of internal communication problems. Sales guaranteed me certain things during the bidding phase and operations failed to follow through. Operations made commitments that weren't communicated to accounting. You get the picture. I was told the project manager was going to be on-site during the majority of the job, this turned out not to be true. Not only that but he wasn't available on day one to discuss the project and communicate a quote for additional work that needed to be completed. As I tried to get the information needed to prevent a work stoppage, the head of operations lied to me in an attempt to keep me from contacting the general manager of the company. They had very poor attention to detail. Unfortunately, the total lack of professionalism on the part of management overshadowed the fact that the individuals actually doing the real work did a good job. I put N/A for cost v. estimate as this was a bit of a 'let's see what we have as we progress' situation. Due to that, communication was that much more critical. A window was broken during the job. No big deal....but I'm still waiting for communication with regards to who is going to replace the window and when it will be done. Finally, I started getting collection calls before the work site had been cleared.

Description of Work
A hot water pipe sprung a leak under my home while a tenant was on vacation. Company handled removal of wet building material and clean-up of resulting mold. They failed to pass the first environmental test and passed on the second.

Category water damage restoration

This project was a very difficult and complicated project. We made sure that our best people were assigned to the project to ensure our client was taken care of. On the first day of the project our lead project manager met with the client and reviewed the scope of work to ensure all of us were on the same page. During the process of doing the original contract we found that mold lead into other areas. Prior to seeking a change order with the client, our policy is to perform all the demolition per the original contract so we only go back to our client with one change order and not multiple. As soon as we finished all the demolition on the original contract our project manager reviewed the jobsite personally to ensure we covered everything we could see in the change order. At 7 pm that same night, we called our client to explain what additional work we thought needed to be done. The next day we continued performing cleaning within our containment while she decided if she wanted to do the additional work. Once she decided to do the additional work, we immediately continued the work. At no time did we lie to the client and when she asked to speak to me, the General Manager, she was directed to me. I explained there would be no work stoppage because we still had a lot of work to perform under the original contract and as soon as she decided on the additional work we could proceed. In regards to the clearance sampling, we cleaned the work area and contact an independent testing company to inspect it. The independent person inspected the area and felt the area was clean and met his visual clearance criteria. He did take the sample and the sample result did show mold in the air. We immediately returned and re-cleaned the work area at no charge and passed the second round of clearance sampling. Lastly, we communicated that we broke the window during the demolition phase of our project and that we would replace the window once the work was completed and cleared. The window has been replaced and the client was made right. Jon Nelson

02/25/2009

DONNA K. B.

My downstairs condominium unit is prone to leaks from above. In September 2007, the master bathroom was flooded from the toilet upstairs. This incident occurred during exceptionally hot weather. I had already arranged for mold testing because I smelled something musty when demolition started for a shower project. I called another company I'd used in the past. The representative gave me a low-ball quote and said he didn't think the ceiling needed to be torn down. My mold inspector, as well as Charles from Precision, thought otherwise. I elected to pay a bit more, and I'm glad I did! The work was thorough, and the Remediators took care to preserve a sample from that ceiling, which proved to be infested with stachybotrys, which showed up in the post-testing. There's a good chance that Precision Environmental saved my cat and me from breathing these mold spores.

Description of Work
I was very impressed by this company! Everything was handled promptly and expertly. Communication, via telephone or e-mail, was responsive and helpful. I had mold remediation done by Precision Environmental and would not hesitate to use the company again, if needed.

10/16/2007

DONNA K. B.

I'd just hired an independent mold testing company because my upstairs neighbor's toilet flooded my bathroom. Stachybotrys mold was found in the air. Precision Environmental thought the ceiling should be taken down, but wanted to preserve as much of it as possible. As it turned out, mold was found in the ceiling and the entire area demolished. Precision Environmental's employees were prompt, efficient, professional, courteous, and cleaned the area thoroughly. They even preserved a ceiling sample for post-remediation testing. As a mold veteran, I particularly appreciated the ease of contracting with this company via e-mail and FAX.

Description of Work
Mold remediation in a small bathroom, including demolishing the ceiling and disposing of insulation material and vinyl flooring. As a precaution, an additional fan was used in my adjacent bedroom.

09/04/2007

ELIZABETH B.

I obtained quotes from a number of companies for mold remediation. I was most impressed by Precision Environmental. They were clear, provided a detailed and easy to understand estimate, and use a thermapure heat treatment to treat any mold that was out of reach (no other companies did this). They also were most cost effective. They arrived on time, performed the work as promised, contained the work and really cleaned out everything well. Both of my bathrooms had to be demolished and they kept the dust as well contained as possible. All in all, I was very pleased with their work and the results.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation, Residential

PuroClean of West Simi Valley

WE DO NOT OFFER MOLD TESTING AT THIS TIME Fire restoration and water damage repair are all-too-common needs for homes and businesses in Simi Valley, CA. The physical and emotional devastation resulting from wildfires and flooding may seem unbearable. However, PuroClean of West Simi Valley is the restoration company you can trust to get you on the road to recovery, quickly and with care. We provide fire restoration and smoke odor removal, as well as water damage repair, mold remediation, and biohazard cleanup. Our IICRC certified technicians are dedicated to exceeding your expectations by valuing your feelings and opinions while providing superior service. Are you searching for a restoration company because of damage to your commercial or residential property in Simi Valley, West Hills, Bell Canyon, Woodland Hills, Calabasas, or Malibu? Don’t hesitate to contact us anytime, 24/7, at (805) 424-1221.

Offers by PuroClean of West Simi Valley on Angi
    Coast View Plumbing and Restoration

At Coast View Plumbing and Restoration, timing is everything! We are a top rated plumbing , leak detection and water damage repair and restoration company proudly serving the surrounding areas for over 20 years. Our 1st priority is getting you back on track and restoring your property in a timely manner. This includes having our entire team of professionals help you throughout the process. LICENSE# 516246.

ZVN Drywall

Locally owner business with over 20 years of experience. Passionate about serving our local community and continuing to deliver great customer service. Look forward to working with you and your home endeavors to make the house of your dream.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Precision Environmental, Inc.

How is Precision Environmental, Inc. overall rated?

Precision Environmental, Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Precision Environmental, Inc. open?

Precision Environmental, Inc. is open:

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

What payment options does Precision Environmental, Inc. provide

Precision Environmental, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Does Precision Environmental, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Precision Environmental, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Precision Environmental, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Precision Environmental, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Precision Environmental, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Precision Environmental, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Precision Environmental, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Precision Environmental, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Precision Environmental, Inc.?

No, Precision Environmental, Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Precision Environmental, Inc. offer?

Precision Environmental, Inc. offers the following services: Bed Bug Eradication , Mold, Lead, Asbestos Removal, Termite Control, Emergency Water Response, Odor Elimination.