Cupertino Plumbing

Founded 1965 • With Angi since December 2004

Over the years, we have strived to provide excellent plumbing services to our customers by using the most effective techniques to solve plumbing problems. Even though we have taken advantage of newer technology to accomplish such things as trench less sewer and water line replacement, our

4.2

3.9

4.4

plumbers (57)drain cleaning (6)water heaters (5)drywall (5)home remodeling (2)drain pipe installation (2)water damage restoration (2)stucco (1)water softeners (1)

02/17/2020

Akshay S.

They were really prompt and Danny was awesome in helping replace a lot of bad pipes and also install the water softener.

Description of Work
Pipe repair and water softener install

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

01/26/2020

Fred G.

The work went very well. The technician did a great job and the work was professionally performed.

Description of Work
How water tank was replaced and the installation of an expansion tank. The gas shut-off valve was also replaced with a up to date unit.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

06/26/2019

Donna W.

He was very pleasant & professional. Prompt. He gave me a free estimate for replacement. However, when I got my next estimate they told me that the faucet was just stuck, opened it & I didn't need anything done.

Description of Work
Thought I needed to replace a bathtub faucet.

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

01/07/2019

Lester S.

Fine. Maybe a little expensive to change a wax seal, but I certainly did not want to do that, and it was done quickly, professionally, and I needed it done that day since we were having a get together at our house the next day. I would recommend.

Description of Work
Leak from upstairs toilet into downstairs ceiling

Category drywall, plumbing, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 12/27/2018

09/13/2018

John C.

I have a new go-to plumber. I received two calls from them yesterday almost immediately after requesting service, another today to confirm, and a call from the technician to tell me he was on the way. He even arrived early. Prompt, courteous service is becoming rare and it's nice that Cupertino Plumbing extended both.

Description of Work
Valve and drain repair

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

10/27/2017

Rosemarie S.

Owner, Frank came out and gave us a quote and was very professional. We really liked the fact we would have water every night during the installation. We were really impressed with the workers, especially Robert, very friendly and answered all of my questions. Everyone was on time and very considerate of the house. They cleaned up every day and kept us informed of everything going on. We will continue to use them for any addition plumbing issues.

Description of Work
Repiping of entire house.

Work Completed On 10/24/2017

09/20/2017

William G.

Angel and Isaac did outstanding work on a difficult project.

Description of Work
Sewer pipes replaced. Sump pump Installed. Water circulation pump installed

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

01/24/2017

Shyama M.

It went very well. They finished on time, were very professional. They explained each step and told us what to expect. All the people were polite and considerate. When something unexpected cropped up, they worked with us to solve the problem to our satisfaction. Frank, the owner, is very mellow and puts you at ease .

Description of Work
We repiped our home, changed old galvanized pipes to copper.

Category drywall, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/09/2017

Dave Y.

Fantastic! Cupertino Plumbing responded very quickly, explained in detail the situation, and a written estimate for repairs. Price was very reasonable, and there was minimum "down time" for tenants in building. Frank, the owner, showed pictures of broker pipes under building, explained what pipes could be repaired/replaced & his employees are very professional & knowledgeable. For our management company, Cupertino Plumbing does an excellent job.

Description of Work
repair/replace sewer line in commercial building

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

Dave Y.

excellent, Cupertino Plumbing worked around normal business hours, (Saturdays & evenings) Did not interfere with patients or dentists. Cupertino Plumbing price was very reasonable, professional & knowledgeable employees and kept me updated on the progress. Finished project ahead of schedule and under budget.

Description of Work
repipe professional dental building

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/14/2016

Greg T.

Cupertino plumbing did a great job and would recomend them highly! Very professional, Were there when they said and went out of thier way to keep inconvience to a minimum! They finished when they said they would and actually did more work then was first thought as some other pipes under the house were old and needed replacing.

Description of Work
Main sewer line to house

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

JAN V.

The work was done by three groups of skilled workmen who specialized in specific functions - pipe installation, drywall repair/texturing, and fixture installation/repair. The work spanned a total of 8 days. They did an excellent job and cleaned up after themselves each day before leaving.

Description of Work
Replaced galvanized pipes with copper pipes on ground floor and second floor. Repaired sagging/ leaking waistline to kitchen area. Repaired drywall on ceiling and walls.

Category drywall, plumbing

Work Completed On 01/19/2017

09/15/2014

Donald N.

Generally things were okay, but then there were little things like one of the sprinkler heads got broken and nobody seemed to know how that happened so in the middle of the night when the sprinklers when on there was a fountain coming out of the sprinkler head. Their people are really great. You get different people sometimes depending on what kind of job we have done. The big issue was that they had to know when they break something, but they did not do anything. We found the broken sprinkler head later, after they were gone so my husband fixed that. The people are easy to work with, but it would be nice if there was a sort of end-of-the-project conception. I don't recall that there was one, but I might suggest a test run of the system while they are still there so we can make sure nothing bad is going to happen. If I remember they were pretty good about punctuality.

Description of Work
Quite some time ago we had to have a full copper re-pipe and I am pretty sure we used Cupertino Plumbing.

Work Completed On 09/15/2004

09/12/2014

MELISSA M.

I had a Bradford White WARRANTY REPLACEMENT water heater installation. This was the first water heater I purchased that was not installed by a company that exclusively installs water heaters. I would not recommend them for water heater installations. Bradford White covered the water heater replacement under the existing warranty but California changed emission requirements so a different model had to be installed. ********** I had to pay $295.00 for the upgrade difference. here's the breakdown what I had that was under warranty: from internet lookup 2014 price 50 Gallon - 40,000 BTU Defender Safety System Atmospheric Vent Energy Saver Residential Water Heater (Nat Gas) Manufacturer Part Number: MI5036FBN Price $549.00/EA here is what Cupertino Plumbing installed: from internet lookup 2014 price Bradford White U4-5036FRN 50 Gallon 40,000 BTU Residential Ultra Low NOx High EF Energy Saver Gas Water Heater Our Price:$497.70 ****** PG & E currently has a residential gas water heater rebate of $200.00 for California customers BUT MY NEWLY INSTALLED REPLACEMENT WATER HEATER DOES NOT MEET THE ENERGY SAVINGS required for the rebate and btw there are so many water heaters that do! not only did I miss out on the rebate - but also on future energy savings The install was lengthy and the plumber had to be called back to fix a leak. This company did not get a permit to do the install - everyone else I talked to does and all previous installs for my house were permitted. The owner of Cupertino Plumbing said he was not aware of the PG & E rebate - told me it was $30 if there was one. I am very regretful that I selected this company - also the bid for the water heater only companies was almost 40% lower than what I paid. I could have gotten a 12 year warrantied new water heater installed that met the energy rebate requirements for the same price I paid for this not so great for 2014 water heater.

Description of Work
replaced Bradford White 50 gallon water heater that was leaking and was covered by the Bradford White Company under the six year warranty period.

Cost $1,113.93

Work Completed On 09/10/2014

03/12/2014

Rosario D.

Chose them based on Angie's list reference in their advertising. Couldn't remove cover plate because screws were stuck. Seemed to fix leak but charged $119 for materials, not sure what was replaced. Said properly fixing leak would cost $900 to remove tiles to replace faucet. Repairing the wall would cost extra. Less than a year later, the same faucet is leaking again. I've read that the business was sold around 2011 and the service is no longer the same quality as previous owner. This experience makes me question the value of Angie's list recommendations, which might be base on old information that no longer applies.

Description of Work
Tried to fix leaking shower faucet.

Work Completed On 03/19/2013

01/19/2014

Roland F.

The plumber arrived as promised and did a fine job of replacing the complicated broken section and clearing a difficult blockage. He worked diligently and cleaned up upon completion.

Description of Work
I had a break in an awkward place in the kitchen drain.

Work Completed On 09/26/2013

03/06/2013

Ann S.

From start to finish, I was extremely pleased with the service that I received from Cupertino Plumbing. I had already had bids from two other plumbers before contacting Cupertino Plumbing. As soon as I spoke with Carol on the phone, I felt confident that this was the company I would use for my plumbing needs. Carol took the time to explain in layperson's language what the plumber would be doing. She was very patient with answering all my questions. When the plumber (Tom) showed up at my home, he, too, showed me this same patience and courtesy in explaining his work to me. I could not have been more pleased with Tom and his work. He was very courteous, respectful and neat while in my home and did an excellent job in installing all my new faucets even with some that required some difficult installation. He was always prompt in his arrival each morning and I felt very comfortable having him working in my home. I was also pleased when Carol contacted me at the completion of the project to check to make sure that I was happy with the work that had been done. I will definitely use Cupertino Plumbing again and will recommend their service to others.Reviewed By: Ann

Description of Work
Installation of new faucets throughout our home.

Work Completed On 10/01/2011

Robert T.

The previous company couldn't do the part that was up between the walls because they would have to knock the tile down, but Cupertino Plumbing was able to get the job complete just fine. I think the workmanship was great but sometimes you get a little confusion when talking with people in the office. Also, their scheduling was not that clear because they didn't clearly state it. I was mostly interested in the quality of workmanship and the price. I am considering hiring them for an additional project.

Description of Work
I hired them to install some shower heads and finish a repipe started by someone else.

Work Completed On 02/08/2012

Meridee W.

I would only recommend them for the repipe.

Description of Work
I have hired them for a whole house repipe.

Work Completed On 05/05/2010

Meridee W.

I think the remodel is a job that don't do very often.

Description of Work
I hired them for Bathroom remodel after we hired them for a repipe.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/20/2010

09/05/2012

Celeste K.

I had 3 estimates for the job and Frank Cardia ,the owner, was the only one who gave me a simple straight forward plan to install the drainage and water supply to the utility space. Unfortunatly, when he emailed me his estimate, he forgot to include the water supply pipes. It was not a itemized estimate, so I did not realize he had forgotten the water installation. I accepted the bid, but when his worker came to do the job, he knew nothing about installing the cold and hot water. I had to schedule a second work day (I cna only do Saturdays because of work) The next time the worker came out, he started to install the new copper pipes for the cold and hot water, but was concerned that he would break off the old galvanized pipes, and when he went to the main to turn off the water he insisted that the polyethylene piping that had been installed from the main to the house would fail and should first be replaced, and by the way, I should probably replaced all the old galvanized pipes with new copper pipes while I was doing it. I researched the polyethylene piping that had been done on the main, found out it was only about 10 years old and should last another 15 years, if not longer. The galvanized would have to go at some time, but as I have only owned the house for 1 year, I was not prepared to do a repipe yet, as I was in the middle of a landscaped job. The owner came to give me an estimate though, (after I called him to find out why he was late for the appointment, just like he was for the first estimate---he had forgotten the appointments both times) I expressed my distress with the information his worker was giving me, in the light of the polyethylene being well accepted by some plumbers, and the fact that I had already had to schedule 2 Saturday work days, and would now have to do a 3 one, when he had not indicated that it would take more than one in the beginning. He was apologetic, did give me a resonable estimate for a copper re-pipe, despite being on a concrete slab, and when the original job was finally finished, it is very satisfactory.

Description of Work
I had my washer (with all the accompaning plumbing) moved from the garage to a new utility room. There was no existing plumbing in the utility room. This included installing ,a drain pipe from the washer thru a wall at the back of the garage to a sewage pump, and from the pump at the back of the garage to the sewer line at the front of the garage. Also had to install new copper pipe for cold and hot water, from the front of the garage to the back of the garage and thru the wall to the washing machine. They also moved the washer and installed if for me.

Work Completed On 08/11/2012

06/13/2012

THERESE L.

I recommended Cupertino Plumbing to my neighbor from past experience not knowing that they have been sold and not the same owners as before. The experience was terrible. The person on the job was very inexperienced. It took a very long time to determine the issue, where another plumber diagnosed immediately.I think it is important to know that the business has been sold and is not the same Cupertino Plumbing that people may have used previously in the last 20 years. The quality and experience is NOT the same

Description of Work
There was leak in my main valve. They attempted to replace the valve and it was the whole line that needed replacing. I used another vendor to do the work.

Work Completed On 04/20/2012

01/26/2012

Jon S.

GREAT - Done over the phone at no cost

Description of Work
I called in for an estimate. Described the problem over the phone and the they resolved the issue.