VALLE GARDENING & LANDSCAPING

California: Contractors
03/31/2022

P.O. BOX 5099

Redwood City, CA 94063

At VALLE GARDENING & LANDSCAPING Our goal is to remodel, as well as to build innovative, beautiful and enduring landscapes, hardscapes and softscapes. We want to meet the individual needs of our clients and also welcome sketches, drawings and blueprints. We love working with the client's initial ideas and then enhance those ideas with our expertise and skills. We will make a client's dream happen within their priorities and budgets. We are willing to work with the client to provide alternatives and to keep costs reasonable low without compromising quality. We do not subcontract any piece of the work, unless it is needed due to the nature of the job and/or city code requirements. Our license number is #835115. The first visit is free of charge and we are also available for competitive bidding. We encourage our clients and prospective clients to browse our website which will give a very accurate picture of the type of work we do. If you are considering doing any project, please email or call and we'll get back to you promptly. We can only give specific recommendations in person as our clients deserve personal attention. Thank you for considering our company....

4.3

4.1

4.4

lawn & landscaping (79)hardscaping (29)irrigation system (12)decks & porches (8)Patios (7)stone & gravel (7)lighting (5)concrete repair (5)landscape lighting (4)drain pipe installation (4)masonry (3)general contractors (3)

09/03/2021

Carol B.

Frank and Colin are a great team! Frank’s knowledge is exceptional; he is an engineer by training and his expertise in designing a beautiful landscape reflects his artistic eye. Frank often send out Colin to perform the work; he is friendly and extremely courteous; he is also one of the hardest-working landscapers! He works diligently all day long: for us that meant digging out eight root-impacted rose trees in order to bring in two different kinds of soil and replant the roses! This was such hard work! He has been working in our front and back yards replacing cheap bender board with steel bender board, replacing, repairing, and adding new irrigation, compacting the soil and placing easy-to-walk-on gravel in a small area, and he will also be rebuilding our 38-year-old front porch. He is also a skilled carpenter! I can’t say enough good things about Colin’s work ethic and attitude.

Description of Work
Front and Back garden design and New wooden porch

Category contractors,decks,lighting,pavers, gravel,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/03/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your review, my team and I are very happy working for you and [Member Name Removed], we do appreciate yours and [Member Name Removed] deep knowledge of what we are doing, and the great taste for the outdoor. ... Your review is a great feed back to our never ending goal "make sure we give our best to our clients". Thank you again and I'm sorry it took me a little while to answer your review

05/26/2020

Colleen M.

Very well. He listened to what I wanted and came up with the perfect plan. The only thing unexpected was underestimating the amount of material needed to finish the project. Workers were kind and curtious and did a great job.

Description of Work
Remove grass. Level area for shed. Build two raised planters. Place rock and fill planters. Remove and replant tree.

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Review for VALLE GARDENING & LANDSCAPING - P.O. BOX 5099, Redwood City, CA - 38599676

Thank you for the review, it was very delightful working for you, Just as a small token of clarification for the reeders, I estimated a full pallet of blocks to build 2 planters irregular shape, and yes we needed about 7 more blocks to perfectly finish the top of the small planters, under $30 of blocks cost, comparing with the total project it represent under 1% material increment. I prefer not to over estimate materials and get just what we need, in the event is required, getting more materials and its installation is at not charge, but the material cost is. I think is fair. I would say, I got 99% accuracy in the total project, It was very nice and inspiring doing the design and installing it, thank you for the opportunity.

10/22/2018

Ruth S.

no one showed up for their appointments. and there was no call to let me know. the same with two other that you recomended.

Description of Work
lawn care mowing and weeding

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], I strongly and respectfully suggest you that before writing any review, read your own messages, that is a very normal and common practice. On Tuesday October 16th, 2018, I responded to you request through Angies list message center, same as you sent the message to us, which literals says: "" Thank you for considering our services, but we don't do mowing nor weeding, we do landscape design and installation. If you need our services in that regard, we will be happy to help you. Frank"" I did not receive any feed back from you regarding the services that we provide. Therefore, I assumed you found some other company to do your garden/yard maintenance. We never made any appointment; therefore, we were not supposed to show up. I don't know about the other 2 contractor that you are referring to, so I make no comments in that regard. A simple apology from you would be appreciated from the people who takes the time to read informative reviews. Thank you Frank

11/01/2017

Martha S.

It took me a long time to hire a gardening service because I was worried about my husband's reaction; he really hated to hire service people, thinking I should be doing this work and not paying someone else; however, our yard was such a mess and terribly overgrown because of all the rain we had last winter, I just took charge and started to look at the reviews on Angies' list. Valle Gardening and Landscaping had very good reviews and they are close to my home. When I called I was very impressed that Frank Valle, the owner, picked up; I didn't have to leave a voicemail and wonder if anyone would return my call! We set up an appointment and Frank came to my home; he looked at our yard and said it is basically low-maintenance, and after the initial clean-up, my yard would require only as-needed maintenance. I really appreciated his honesty; the as-needed arraignment will save me a lot of money. We scheduled the initial Clean-Up which was a full day for two workers, Colin and Alex; our yard was literally a jungle because of the huge rainfall we had last winter and the lack of any maintenance since my husband hasn't been able to work in our yard. Colin and Alex came early and both worked non-stop except for a short lunch break; I couldn't believe how hard they worked clearing out all the debris and trimming the over-growth; they blew all the leaves and debris and gathered everything in piles and haled it off our property, and believe me there was a lot, Colin and Alex were amazed. I was so grateful - they left our yard spotless! In addition to being very hard workers, Colin and Alex were very personable, friendly and courteous. The entire experience was exceptional! In addition, I asked Frank if his team could build a deck in our backyard; we used to have a lawn but due to the drought and our tall trees the lawn didn't survive; so now it's all unsightly weeds and in the winter it's a sea of sticky mud; I thought it would be a good idea to cover half the yard with the deck and the other half with lovely shrubs and flowers (a project for Spring). I was happy that Colin was assigned to build our deck because I knew he was a hard worker and pleasant to be around. To prepare for the deck, he had to dig out at least 2 feet of dirt; that was a very difficult and strenuous job because the ground was so dense and hard; I again couldn't believe how hard he worked, especially in such hot weather; but finally he was ready to install our beautiful redwood deck; he made it flush with the patio sliding glass door so my husband would have no trouble coming out to enjoy the deck. Colin did a wonderful job! He measured carefully at every stage and paid attention to details and was very meticulous; I was very impressed with his expertise. My husband and I love our deck and I will think fondly of Colin who did such a fantastic job!

Description of Work
I needed to hire a gardening service. My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease 3 years and is unable to do any yard work; before he became disabled, he did all the yard work which is a huge job since we have a quarter acre property. I also wanted a deck to be installed in our back yard.

Work Completed On 07/20/2017

Thank you very much for your review, I'm glad we were able to help, and you and your husband are very happy. Frank

06/10/2017

Patrick L.

I have Frank and his team installed an artificial lawn for me. The quote was reasonable (better than HomeDepot). The old lawn was first removed. Then they graded and leveled the ground to extreme precision. The installed lawn is so flat and level that I can practice golf on it!

Description of Work
Install artificial lawn in front yard.

Work Completed On 06/10/2017

Review for VALLE GARDENING & LANDSCAPING - P.O. BOX 5099, Redwood City, CA - 35216745

Thank you for the review, I appreciate that; also I'd add the fact of working together as a team, with close and effective communication makes my job easier, I can make my clients very happy so my crews and myself. As a token, the gravel that you choose, is slight different than the regular gravel, and that is exactly what makes the big difference in the finishes, with no extra cost in your end. I like that I think we all do. Frank

03/22/2017

Diane O.

We hired them to build stairs in our backyard. I like Frank's design expertise and his knowledge, even though we weren't able to give him a lot of information about what we wanted. As we spoke he was able to glean what we needed and come back with a real good approximation and it was great.

Description of Work
Came out and talked about what we wanted, listened and came back with plans that were great. They built stairs in our backyard and left the area clean.

Work Completed On 07/01/2016

Thank you for the review, very precise and straight to the point, I love it, just like the designing and installation work that we did. I'm so glad you're happy with the design and work done. That's our never ending goal. Frank

12/02/2016

Alexander D.

Frank and his team did an amazing job. They transformed the landscape of our completely unusable and unmaintained yard into something very usable and beautiful. Frank is honest and very reliable. His prices are of great value and he takes great pride in his work, which shows. The craftsmanship is excellent. It is also a plus that he has an engineering background which dovetails so well with his work now as a designer and builder. He works very closely with you to get what you want in the job and is very flexible in making changes as the project proceeds. He is very knowledgable and has a good design eye (that you have to be willing to give a small leap of faith to when he describes to you his vision for your project). He is extremely responsive by phone, email, or text, and is very prompt in getting back to you. He did such a great job with us, we just kept extending the scope of the project because we loved his work. His staff is also highly trustworthy and has an exceptional work ethic. We would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
We had Frank do a large project (nearly 1/3 acre) involving a complete re-do of our hardscaping and landscaping on a relatively large hillside property. This involved tiering a hillside which was seriously eroding and actually sloughing off into the pool. He re-did our fencing and completely re-did our pool deck. He converted a whole area of yard which was just messy and unkempt into a usable, safe, play area with artificial turf, a sitting area, and firepit. Electrical for all of the outdoor area was also done. And he replanted the entire property (with irrigation) with drought and deer resistant plants which are of minimal maintenance.

Category concrete repair,decks,fencing,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lighting,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

Work Completed On 12/02/2016

Thank you for the review, and the very accurate description of the job, my crew and myself, we appreciate that. I will love to mention the fire pit in the back yard brings a very warm ambiance and invite to stay and enjoy for longer time the entire landscape. We had fun designing and building the protection for the yard, retaining walls and drainage solutions and so forth; and the new outdoor living style for you and your loved ones. Frank

09/07/2016

marjie H.

He was great... cheerful with a lot of creative ideas, and answered all our questions about durability and costs and drought-tolerance of the various options. If we pay a landscaper to do something, he would be the one.

Description of Work
guy came and answered our questions for landscaping the back yard/patio area...

Work Completed On 09/07/2016

Thank you for your review, I enjoyed our designing and pricing discussion, I think it was very fruitful, and you got the ideas and procedures that you needed to know. Frank

03/29/2016

Kay R.

We were looking for ideas to update a Spanish style atrium. The owner, Frank, was very professional, with extensive experience designing and building structures for gardens. We were looking for tree and plant recommendations, which he doesn't do. Frank did send an example of a structure he'd built for his own home, but the price was well outside our budget.

Description of Work
Design consultation for 14x16 atrium

Work Completed On 01/08/2015

03/12/2016

Lawrence W.

lthough Frank was nice enough he did not come up with any new ideas about what we might do with our yard and driveway, thet is anymore than someone coming out to give a free estimate. If we decide to hire him to do the work I will update my evaluation.

Description of Work
He came out and looked at the yard and driveway and suggested pavers. He thought the ideas we had were OK.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/22/2016

I understand you have taken the time to write this review; in my case, just to be fair with the Angies list readers, here are my comments: Due to your and your wife time constraint, we expend about 45 minutes discussing the front and back yard landscape alternatives. Both were very clear that your concern in the front yard was just to enlarge the driveway with a very affordable alternative, which indeed is what you thought, doing it with plain concrete. However, the concrete driveway shows several structural cracks, I suggested it would be more cost efficient to replace the entire driveway; however, thinking in 2 phases driveway improvement, I suggested pavers, I’m glad you liked the idea. Per your request I took the time to make measurements and quote you the 2 sides of the driveway that you intended to enlarge; You also asked me how much would be the cost for just one side, 172 sqf, $2,500, and I gladly gave you the quote per each side, including the other 154 sqf of the other side. Regarding the back yard: Your idea was settled in removing the damaged concrete patio and installing a redwood deck, about 600 sqf . In terms of design and cost efficiency, I suggested NOT to remove the concrete, but build up a new patio out of pavers, replace the disjointed steel supports of the outdoor shade structure to match the existing beautiful post holding the porch. We discussed the shape of the patio, as well as the shape of the planting beds, I also suggested to install pavers in the small pathway going to the side yard; however, your thoughts were that there was no need of it, because the concrete still looks in good condition, despite it does not flow with any new patio design. We discussed the alternatives in paver colors, as well as briefly the patterns. We expend time discussing the proposed new patio grading and its high difference in inches from the french door to the outter edge of the patio. I’m glad you were there and were able to better explain to your wife the cost efficient and large improvement that would be achieved in regrading the patio. Regarding giving estimate to prospective clients, that is a very standard practice, that’s helps the clients to make better informed decisions; independently from their budget. I believe I achieved my goal in 45 minutes of designing discussion, and answering budget questions for different materials alternatives for the front and back yard. I’m sorry if you don’t feel the same way, but is understandable, you missed about 15 minutes when I came to our appointment, and your wife missed about 15-20 minutes at the end of the discussion. Per our agreement, I look forward for your update regarding what route will you take. Frank

BUILD & MAINTAIN LANDSCAPING, DESIGN & INSTALL SMALL & LARGE HARDSCAPE & SOFTSCAPE, PLANTING, LANDSCAPE LIGHTING, TREES, SHRUBS, PERENNIALS. RETAINING WALLS, DECKS & PATIOS. ENTRYWAY, DRIVEWAYS. PATHWAYS, PAVERS WORK, STONE PATIOS AND WALLS, BRICK WORK, STUCCO FENCING, WATER CASCADE.

ask for details