Berk's Electrical and Lighting

Founded 1974 • With Angi since April 2005

327 S Tustin St

Orange, CA 92866

Berk’s Electrical & Lighting is here to provide you with great quality electrical services at very low and affordable rates! We are family owned and operated since 1974 and pride ourselves on providing our customers with great value and 100% satisfaction. Residential & Commercial. Our friendly, considerate and highly skilled electricians prioritize for electrical safety and customer satisfaction. We have proudly earned the trust and repeat business of thousands of Orange County residents and business owners and have served the community of greater Orange County for over 30 years! We stand by our guarantee of providing customers with the highest quality electrical services....

12/15/2018

Patrick M.

I made an appointment in mid November. They showed up fairly close to on-time and the the person who looked over the job was very helpful. He made some suggestions (up sell a little) that I liked and he said the were really busy and that it would probably take a week to get me a quote. I have checked back a few times and still have no quote. I realize that that time of the year is really busy. My normal electrician who is over the top fantastic is booked until 2nd quarter. I decided to give Angies list a try since I have had good luck there. Here we are in January and still no quote. I am giving up now and because nobody every tried to reach out I will base my review on that. You can tell me you are too busy and that is honest or you can tell me you don't want the job. Don't promise and not deliver because I will write a review. I will say that usually Super Service Award winners make sure to at the very least follow up. In this case not so much. I think this is the first bad review I have had to make here.

Description of Work
I had several lights to add externally and garage. Additional outlets to add to garage

Category electrician

Our apologies, over the holidays we were too short staffed to effectively send out all free estimates. Though we're back fully staffed, we will try to better notify our customers of any delays we may experience. We hope your work was taken good care of and thanks for the feedback.

08/27/2018

Susan L.

I hired Berk's Electrical & Lighting company to replace a light over my kitchen sink. They also checked out a fluorescent light I was having problems with. A part was broken, so the electrician took it to see if he could replace the part. Unfortunately, he misplaced the part, so I would have to purchase a completely new fixture. Two days later, I get a call from Jeff. He said it was their fault and that they would install a new light fixture at no cost to me! I was stunned! I was impressed! I realized then that I was working with a company that had both integrity and class! Thanks, Berk's Electrical! I will call you first for future electrical work! Sue L.

Description of Work
Kitchen light replaced

07/18/2018

Alexander T.

Gerardo performed the task like a pro. He was very knowledgeable. I would hire Berk's Electrical again. I did ask if I was going to receive a discount for using Angie's network, he told me it would be 5%, but the web site said 10%, but I did not want to argue.

Description of Work
Replacing a dimmer switch in the dining room

06/25/2018

Patricia T.

Electrician Michael quickly and accurately figured out where the problem was with the electrical wiring and fixed it. His work was great in every way.

Description of Work
Find out why hall outlet was dead and fix it

12/19/2017

KAM H.

Over $4000 was spent on this project. The shear wall was cut by mistake by the employee of the company, causing him to be fired after I complained. More concerning was the damaged and cut wires inside the wall (close to the stove and gas line) which was taped up WITHOUT my knowledge, covered by a patched up wall. Luckily this was discovered by another contractor hired to work on the kitchen remodeling during the same period of time. The wire was finally replaced by my insistence, prior to repair of the "shear wall in the kitchen". The company refunded me the repair of the damaged shear wall but no credit was issued for over and over delayed work, poor quality workman ship and likely unqualified employees. I requested a credit to be made for all the above issues but it was declined again. I was even charged full prize for an outdoor fixture replacement which was not done as the power came from the neighbor, but regardless "charged for the time" !! . I replaced wall switch plate myself as not done despite a new recess light installation! Finally I was told a dimmer timer could not be placed in the bathroom!? which I did it myself later! The office and owner are very polite and nice but I don't think they have the right manpower for a quality work. (at least did not have when hired by me!). I hired them trusting the reviews on Angie's list. My mistake.

Description of Work
backyard flood light installation, recess light installation in the TV room, LED light exchanges etc

Category electrician,lighting

12/06/2017

David D.

Price seemed a little high, but otherwise no issues.

Description of Work
Install outdoor electrical outlet.

11/13/2017

aniket S.

Not good. came over to look over the projects. took pics & said would call me in a week with pricing.. No call back after a week, so i called & said he is still working on it & would get me something with in a week. Another week went by & still no word from them, I called back & they said he'll have something over to me tonight. Never Happened. So I will not be working with them or referring anyone to them.

Description of Work
Asked for Multiple jobs at my resident, such as adding ceiling fans , add modem/Cable line in the living room, & add recess lighting.

Category electrician

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, our circumstances of being short staffed that week had us backed up with processing our free of charge estimates. We're again a full team and are processing estimates promptly and will be sure to provide more accurate estimate processing timeframes moving forward.

07/11/2017

Linda S.

We have used Berk's Electrical several times for repairs at our home in Irvine. They have always sent out extremely qualified, competent and cordial electricians. This time, one of our circuit breakers broke down and half of our kitchen power went out, including the microwave and refrigerator. I called Berk's at 8:00 a.m. this morning and Kevin Brown was at our house by 11:00 a.m. to fix the problem. He knew exactly what to do. We also discussed with him what to do about having too many appliances on one circuit as our home is about 40 years old and newer homes have dedicated lines for large appliances like the refrigerator. Kevin offered several suggestions and his recommendation. He's going to go back to the office to get quotes for additional work, should we decide to make the improvements. I highly recommend using Berk's and definitely ask for Kevin. He's great! And I got a 10% discount because of Angie's List membership.

Description of Work
Circuit breaker was broken.

Category electrician

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

06/15/2017

Thomas K.

They were outstanding and I will hire them again if I need electrical work.

Description of Work
Electrical.

05/17/2017

Philip F.

My wife and I were extremely happy with the work performed. The technician was prompt, arriving at the agreed to time and he was very professional. He perfectly balanced each of the fans and rotate without any wobble.

Description of Work
Installed 4 ceiling fans in our home.

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Total Home Environmental HVAC

Choose Total Home Environmental for the Best Heating and Cooling Services in Torrance. When you have a malfunctioning air conditioner, you will more than likely do whatever it takes to get it working properly again. You don’t want to have to fix it by yourself, so your first move should be to find a company you can trust. We are that company at Total Home Environmental. We have been in the business for years, so we really know our way around air conditioners, heaters, and HVAC in general. You can call us at 310-272-5701 to find out more about us and to see why you should turn to us as your next air conditioning company in Torrance, CA.

Offers by Total Home Environmental HVAC on Angi
    Cool Air Technologies Inc

🌟🌟SUPER SERVICE AWARD Winner🏆🌟🌟 Awarded 14 consecutive Years in a row! Thank you for visiting our profile. Cool Air Technologies was started over 22 years ago by Bill and Trish McIntosh. We are a small Mom and Pop company that services all of Orange County. We provide service on all makes and models. And we offer free no-pressure bids on new equipment. We accept AMEX MC, VISA and offer up to 2 Year Financing on new equipment as well. A little over 14 years ago, a few customers put us on Angie's List. And ever since we've been honored to have consecutively receive the Super Service Award (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. It's an honor that is only bestowed upon 2% of Angie's List contractors. It is determined by Price, Customer Service, Quality, and Professionalism. We have also maintained a 5 Star Rating on Google as well as Yelp. Altogether there are over 2500 reviews on our company. We are proud of our awards. And we hope that your experience with us goes beyond your expectations. :) ‘Every job is backed by my personal guarantee that you will be completely satisfied." Bill McIntosh -owner of Cool Air Technologies. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to serve you! Bringing you comfort from our family to yours! Please contact us directly at (714) 731-9292 or (800) 453-0444

Offers by Cool Air Technologies Inc on Angi
    Baker Electric Home Energy

Built on over 80 years of electrical contracting expertise and lead by 4 generations of Bakers, Baker Electric Home Energy has become a trusted partner for thousands of homeowners throughout Southern California. Since 2007 we’ve designed, engineered and installed over 13,000 residential solar systems and we have you to thank. During that time, many of you provided ideas and made requests for innovative solutions to manage and use the solar energy you produce every day. We listened and as a result of those requests we’ve expanded our portfolio of products to now include Heating & Air and Smart Home solutions. You’ve trusted us with your renewable energy and now we can show you how to manage and use that power to create an affordable, comfortable and convenient lifestyle. And to ensure you get only the best, we’re proudly offering products from companies like LG, Panasonic, SolarEdge, Curb, Tesla, Lutron, Nest, Google, Control4, Carrier, Lennox, and ActiveTek Environmental. Our sincere appreciation for your business. Your trust in our company, its people, products and services is more important than you know. Welcome to Baker Electric Home Energy!

Electrical Work, Lighting, Troubleshooting Specialists, Aluminum Wiring Upgrades, Ceiling Fans Installed, Data Wiring, TV Wiring, Telephone Wiring, Recessed Lighting, Track Lighting, Patio & Yard Lighting, Panel Upgrades, Dedicated Circuits, Circuit Breaker Replacements, Custom Lighting, Fluorescent Repairs, Landscape Lighting, Pool & Spa Hook Ups & Dryer