TECHNOSPEAK CORPORATION

Founded 2006 • With Angi since September 2006

9133 S La Cienega Blvd Suite 220

INGLEWOOD, CA 90301

We provide the following services to our clients: (1) Whole-house Wi-fi System Sales, Design, Installation and Service (2) Smart Home System Sales, Design Installation and Service (3) Home Theater System Sales, Design, Installation and Service (4) Camera System and Security System Sales, Design,

08/21/2017

Dave R.

Very satisfied. It was a complex, expensive job and the team improvised and troubleshot brilliantly.

Description of Work
Wifi relays installed throughout a very large house.

Category electrician, computer repair, home automation

04/12/2017

Gary L.

They fixed the problem quickly and were very friendly.

Description of Work
Needed an infrared receiver fixed on my television.

Category home theater design, cable tv service

03/03/2017

Colin T.

Technospeak is the best for home theatre/home electronic installation. The work is excellent. They are very knowledgeable regarding their products and what products would best suit their customers. The work is clean, reliable, and labeled and coded so that it makes for ease of use. They are a little pricey but it is will worth it. I have called them out on more than one occasion since the first installation as our needs have changed over the years and I will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Home Theatre install. 2009. Installed our home theatre system when we moved back in following our remodel. I have since used them to integrate a home security system, repair and reprogram a damaged system remote, and install and program system additions and changes.

12/03/2016

Christine K.

Great! Punctual. Expertise. Great customer service and follow up.

Description of Work
We have used Technospeak for all of our home audio-visual needs for many years. Everything from a complete home theater set-up to programming a universal remote control.

Category home theater design, satellite tv service, cable tv service

03/09/2016

Jason R.

Technospeak installed our LG 65 inch flatscreen and the accompanying surround sound system. They built a metal rack for all the components (receiver, DVD player, etc), mounted the wall speakers and ran speaker wire. Their work was decent but their prices are extremely high. We also had them install and program a universal remote to control all the components, which is very touchy and cannot be reprogrammed by us. Last time we called them to reprogram the remote it cost us several hundred dollars for the service call!

Description of Work
Install flat screen and surround sound system in living room

Category home theater design, satellite tv service

Thanks for your review [Member Name Removed]. The last invoice we had for you was 65% of what you quoted ($3,000 not $4,500). Of that, only $875 was labor and the rest equipment. The equipment included a 1x 32U Rack with all the shelves, power supplies, Rack vents, etc., 3x Klipsch Gallery Speakers, 1x Lo Pro tilting wall mount, 1x blu-ray player. All equipment prices were matched to Amazon so if you consider Amazon expensive than it seems it would appear that way. You also saw all the prices upfront before the contract was signed and before the project begins so you had every opportunity to not purchase the equipment before we started and would not be out a single penny. I suppose we are to blame for you not reading the contract before you signed it? If so, we are sorry about that. The Universal Remote was $900 programmed which included both the remote, a central processor unit so the equipment can stay behind closed doors and the programming to provide "1-touch" control of your system. The estimate was also sent to you upfront with the price above so you had every opportunity to not move forward and not be out a dime. The last service call we had for you to adjust the remote programming as you purchased a new blu-ray player later in the year was $179.99, not several hundred dollars. We are not sure where you are getting your prices from but they are not an accurate account of the project we did with you. If you feel your remote is not working correctly, please give us a call so we can fix the issue rather than posting an inaccurate and negative review.

09/25/2015

richard K.

We have spent about $50,000 with this company and they don't care of it works. They just want to keep charging!

Description of Work
set up an audio visuual system. It was very expensive. One of the new tvs has a universal remote that doesn't work Every service call costs about $200. After a year of complaining, and spending over a $1000, it still didn't work. Technospeak kept blaming the cable company. We have found out the remote is improperky wired. Technospeak has said the cable company techs are "stupid" and refuse to come in fix the remote withoput another service charge. .

Category electrician, home theater design

We are very sorry that [Member Name Removed]felt he needed to give us an F review for the system we put in. As you can guess from the price of the system, there were numerous AV systems, whole house wifi, distributed audio, multiple TVs etc that were also installed and have not been an issue. Since [Member Name Removed] is not mentioning those systems we thought we would. When [Member Name Removed] originally contacted us about the remote not working properly, we came and found that the Cable box had failed. It is hard for people to separate issues between components when they have a rack full of equipment so all he knew was he couldn't watch TV. The Cable company came and replaced the box but forgot to put the IR emitter back on the cable box, which is the only wiring that will allow the Universal remote to control the box. [Member Name Removed] called us again and we came and put the IR emitter back on the box even thought it should have been the cable company doing it as they were the ones who took the equipment out to begin with. Then after some time, the second cable box had a power supply failure. The cable company came out, replaced the box, did not put the emitter back on the cable box and disconnected the blu-ray player (by accident of course). So we came back and fixed all that. We then urged [Member Name Removed] to get DirecTV for his paid TV service as those boxes don't have as many problems. Additionally, the boxes have IP control so we won't need an emitter to control them. He ignored this. [Member Name Removed] then called us again and demanded we fix the issue for free. We explained to him that although we could sympathize with his situation, we were not the cause and again recommended he switch providers so we could remove the IR emitter and eliminate the issue. He ignored this as well. He then wrote us a threatening email that said if we didn't come up and fix it for free he was going with another company. We then didn't hear from [Member Name Removed] for about 5 months up until a couple of days ago (I guess the other provider thing didn't work out). Not getting what he wanted and not wanting to accept our recommendations for a solution he must have decided the best course of action was to give a failing review. We are not sure what else we could have done and are a bit puzzled by his knee jerk reaction.

09/22/2015

Steve N.

The overall installation and service were great. The finished product was excellent and they also did a great job setting up the sound bar in our living room, and showing my wife how the components worked (even set her up to the bluetooth streaming option). The entire job took 7.5 hours - much longer than I had anticipated - but I do not believe it was because they were slow or incompetent - rather the job just took that long due to the existing setup that had to be removed first. As the job took too long for me to stay, I left after the first three hours and told the installation team (two people) to call my cell with any questions, etc. Prior to leaving, one of the technicians also asked me if I would like to install CAT6 cabling for a very incremental cost of roughly $12 - appreciated the option and said yes. As my wife is far from tech savvy, I made sure to remind them to call me with any questions. After coming home and receiving the final bill, the only hiccup with their service was the fact that the HDMI cables they had used (4K, in-wall, 3D capable) cost me nearly $300 in additional costs I was not expecting. I had existing HDMI cables and would have understood if in-wall cables were different - but looking quickly online I could have saved nearly $200 providing my own. I understand quality may have played a part, but the only thing I took issue with was not being warned or notified before of installing something that was going to almost 30% to the final bill. With that said, there was a small issue with one of the sound bar systems that Technospeak sent out a technician to correct the following weekend without any additional cost. Their overall service was outstanding, I just wish they were more aware of giving notice prior to installing costly parts.

Description of Work
Installed two TVs (65" and 70") on an articulating and tilt mount in two different rooms. Installed alternative power source for each TV, and removed existing surround speakers. Also installed and set up two soundbars with rear speakers for each TV.

Category home theater design

We thank [Member Name Removed] for letting us install his system and appreciate his business. We installed the HDMI cables we did as they had the following specs required for the job: (1) They were Riser rated for in-wall use. Many other cheaper HDMI cables do not have this rating, which technically means they cannot be installed in the wall without violating buidling code: (2) They are rated for HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, 4k specs that many will hear about once native 4k content becomes widely used. Many cheaper HDMI cables do not have this spec. Thus, although it appears that all HDMI cables are the same and there is no point in buying more expensive ones, that is not the case. We installed the more expensive cables at Steve's place to future proof him for the new upcoming resolution formats. There were 3 15ft HDMI cables and 2 10ft HDMI cables in the install for an average cost of $60.

08/12/2015

Derek B.

I called Tecnospeak in desperation and feelings of great failure as I had failed at my DIY installation. Steve reassured me that I should not feel like a failure, but my situation was common. He sent a crew out the next day at the exact time he promised. They assessed the situation, gave me a reasonable estimate (they could have easily taken advantage of me in my desperate, frustrated state) and quickly started the job. Finished it in about an hour and now I am set up for the present and the future.

Description of Work
Ran new HDMI and CAT cable in wall for repositioning of Television. Had to open up wall.

Category home theater design, home automation

07/27/2015

Ed B.

Technospeak was there promptly, and did an excellent job on the installation.

Description of Work
Installed new blu ray player. Programmed remote

07/14/2015

Keith K.

This is the second time we've used Technospeak. They know what they are doing, prompt, professional and courteous. They installed a wfif network for us as well. Everything is working great.

Description of Work
Fixed faulty data wiring that had shut down TV and audio.

04/10/2015

Matt G.

I was only interested in companies that worked with Logitech Harmony remotes, because I found several didn?t. So I called TechnoSpeak and the representative who answered the phone confirmed that they did, in fact, work with Logitech Harmony remotes. So I scheduled a consultation (which requires a $100 fee) and got an estimate that included ? shockingly ? an email from owner Steve Janz explaining that they do not, in fact, work with Harmony remotes. I wrote back okay, but the $100 should be refunded because I was clear in my initial phone conversation that I needed a company that worked with Harmony remotes. He just denied that ever happened and refused to refund the $100. I was totally flabbergasted. It?s probably the single worst experience I?ve ever had with a company. Here?s the kicker: for this very simple reconfiguration job, TechnoSpeak?s estimate came out to $433.50. The next day, Geek Squad did the job ? including programming my remote ? for $200, less than half as much.

Description of Work
I needed a simple reconfiguration involving several components, plus the reprogramming of my Logitech Harmony Remote.

Category home theater design

[member name removed] spoke with 3 people in our office including myself. His first employee contact at Technospeak confirmed that he never mentioned a Harmony remote in his scope of work. I also had a conversation with [member name removed] myself to discuss the scope of work, and the Harmony remote was not mentioned in that conversation either. We do not support Harmony remotes as we find them unreliable in practice and do not want to stand behind a product that is unreliable. We offered [member name removed] 4 other remote options which we believe are more reliable than the Harmony remote he already owned. We honestly felt that he would be better suited with one of these products after we listened to how he wanted to control his equipment. He would be purchasing a remote from us which is why our quote was more expensive than Geek Squad (who programmed the Harmony remote he already owned). Our Site Survey fee has never been refundable since the start of our company. It is always the clients option to move forward or not once they have paid the site survey fee and received the estimate. If the client moves forward, the site survey fee gets credited back to them. If they do not, they are out the site survey fee. The same transaction occurs with any major appliance in your home. Whether it be your washer, dryer, dishwasher, oven, microwave, etc. all will charge you a fee to come look at it that is not refundable and will be applied to the repair of that appliance should you move forward. This INCLUDES any appliance purchased at Best Buy. As to why this client feels we deserve F's across the board when all we were doing was following our business policies that have been in place since we opened our doors in 2006, we are equally as flabbergasted.

12/23/2014

SEAN H.

I'm a difficult customer for a company like Technospeak. I'm very technical myself, and generally have strong opinions about how things should be done. Most companies have their preferred ways of doing stuff, and (understandably) don't want their customers getting their fingers too much into the details. Steve and his team handled this wonderfully. They openly talked to me about how to do things, pros and cons, and let me have my say. But they also clearly brought their extensive experience and knowledge to the table, and made sure things were done correctly regardless of what I'd originally wanted. It ended up being a really nice collaboration, in which I got something much better than I was expecting, but I still felt like my voice was heard. Aside from wanting to have input, I am also extremely picky. For example, network wall plates need to be perfectly straight. Cabling in racks needs to be neat and tidy. Programming needs to be intuitive. Equipment needs to be chosen carefully, with the future in mind. Steve and his team exceeded my expectations in this regard. Interestingly, they manage to do that at a price that was better than any other bid I got. This type of work isn't cheap, but I found Technospeak's pricing to be extremely competitive. And when I bought equipment from them (e.g. a plasma TV), the prices were great. I've interacted with a lot of people at Technospeak, and every one of them has been knowledgable and professional. They solve problems efficiently, respect our home, and make sure I understand what's happening for the future. I don't at all get the feeling that they're trying to "lock me in" to needing their services, which a lot of these companies seem to want to do. Paradoxically, that makes me much more inclined to continue calling them for help, even if it's something I could probably figure out on my own. I know they're not going to rip me off, and their experience almost always allows them to fix stuff faster than I could. Steve is running a busy company, but he has always made himself available to me for questions or concerns. I think he's struck a great balance of finding trustworthy employees to handle routine stuff, while also keeping close oversight and being available for trickier projects. I think in terms of person-hours, Technospeak has done more work for me than any other contractor I've worked with in the ten years I've been a homeowner. And while no one is perfect, I have found Technospeak to be one of the most reliable companies I've worked with as well. I have absolutely no hesitation to contact Steve and team for any A/V, home automation, or technical project I might consider doing.

Description of Work
This has been an ongoing project/relationship for a home theater and home automation system. Before we moved into our house, they did extensive work including (in no particular order): * Add Control4 Home Automation system for controlling all A/V as well as some lighting * Cat-6 network to most rooms in the house * Additional coax and phone to some rooms * Add structured wiring enclosure and equipment rack in a central closet * Re-route existing coax and audio wiring to the wiring closet * Mount TVs with all wiring through the walls and equipment hidden in closets * Add in-ceiling speakers in two rooms (augmenting existing speakers in two rooms and on the patio) After this project, they have done incremental work to mount an additional TV (which we purchased from them), expand the Control4 lighting control to most of the rest of the house, and helped with some troubleshooting.

Category electrician, home theater design, computer repair, home automation

Tom W.

I've known the company for a while and they did some work for me on my previous home. I don't know much about them and they does the same work that they do so I used them.

Description of Work
I think they're fine. I only used them twice and it's been a while. They installed a new headset and upgrade my sound system.

Randolph B.

They did a great job. I think the price was reasonable. It was not cheap but given what they have done for me has been fine this three to four years and it has worked out great. It was well-worth whatever it was I paid them. The price was a little pricy but still perfectly reasonable. It was a very technical system. I called them back one time I had another issue. They were quite expensive for what I was able to do very cheaply by myself, but they were excellent.

Description of Work
Technospeak Corporation helped organize my television and some of the music in the house.

chengwei C.

It was good. They were professional. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They did me a home media consultation.

08/11/2014

Sandra C.

I have used Technospeak many times, and they have done an excellent job each time. This particular time, they reprogrammed the remote and installed a new lamp. They had to come back (it's complicated) but they charge you once, and keep on it until it is completed. I would use them every time.

Description of Work
Fix remote functioning and install new lamp in T. V.

02/14/2014

Linda W.

In January of 2013, Technospeak installed a cable to hard-wire the Sling unit for our DishTV so that we?d get better reception on our mobile devices. It worked great for a while, and then it failed. A few times over the past week (Feb. 2014), my wife and I tried to view recordings form our DVR via our iPads, and got an unwatchable image, then a notice saying our bandwidth was too low. I called Technospeak yesterday and spoke first with Mark, then with Steve, to schedule someone to come out today (Feb. 14) to diagnose the problem and restore the image quality back to what it was after the cable installation last year. An appointment was made today for 1:00PM. I work out of our home, and my day is filled with scheduled phone calls, meetings, and various errands around town. So if I make an appointment for 1:00, I have to block that time, and schedule everything else around it, which I?m happy to do if I know the appointment will be kept. Today was an especially busy day, but I carved out 1:00-2:30 to be available for the technicians. I had a conference call scheduled at 2:30, another meeting at 4:00 and a lot of errands. A little before 1:00, I got a call from Mark saying the guys were stuck at a job across town and were running late, but would be with me as soon as they could. I pushed my call and my meeting a half-hour to accommodate the late arrival. However, I received two more calls from Mark saying the guys were even further delayed. Now my schedule was falling apart. By pushing my call to 4:15, my meeting got cancelled altogether (A meeting I scheduled a month ago.) And forget the errands. The guys finally arrived at 4:00 ? a full three hours after the scheduled time. Then came the thing you always fear ? I went to show them the problem with the reception on the mobile devices, and everything was working fine? like when your car makes a terrible noise all week, then you finally bring it into the mechanic and it purrs like a kitten. It was a mystery to me and the two technicians, but the good news was I?d make my 4:15 conference call. I've always believed that when you schedule a service call, you?re obligated to pay for the call, even if the technician points out that you failed to turn on the on/off switch. In this case, the service call was a hefty $170, but because THE TECHNICIANS WERE THREE HOURS LATE, and I had to keep rescheduling my day and lost an important meeting because they didn?t hold up their end of the bargain, I thought there might be some wriggle room. The technician called Mark to see if I?d be entitled to a break. Mark?s response was ?no,? I?d owe the full $170. But if anything went wrong over the next couple of days, they?d come out again. (When I originally scheduled, I told them I?d be leaving on business the next morning, so the 2-day grace period did me little good.) I got on the phone with Steve to remind him that his guys came THREE HOURS LATE, and that I thought a compromise was in order. Meet them halfway? $85? $100? Mark talked about the traffic the techs encountered going across town and that the earlier appointment took longer than expected, etc. I said that wasn?t my problem, as my time is as valuable as theirs, and I didn?t appreciate wasting three hours, when I could have been seeing to my other obligations during that blocked time. I wasn?t refusing to pay for the call ? I simply thought an adjustment was appropriate. Mark kept telling me it was Steve?s decision, but when I asked to speak with Steve, he was conveniently ?on hold with tech support? and couldn?t get to the phone. Because my conference call was coming any minute, and I couldn?t reschedule it yet again, I gave up on Steve, Mark, and Techospeak altogether, gave the tech a check for the full $170, and thought I?d tell you of my experience. In the future, my home electronic and TV needs will be handled by a company that understands my time is as valuable as theirs, and there are obligations on both ends of every bargain.

Description of Work
Arrived three hours late for a service call to my house to fix a problem that cleared up before they got there. (See details.)

Category satellite tv service

The [member names removed] are leaving out a few details of this transaction. Steve (myself) spent an hour on the phone with [member name removed] the day before troubleshooting the issue for which their was no charge. This was a system that was worked without issue for an entire year. At that time, the client was informed prior to the appointment of the service call fee of $179.99 for 0 minutes to 2 hours. They agreed to that fee over the phone and scheduled the appointment. Steve also informed the client that part of the issue with movie buffering was that they were on a 2.5Mbps wireless DSL connection, which isn't nearly fast enough for streaming movies reliably. This is a proven fact and can be verified with any of the streaming Video providers such as : Netflix, VUDU, HULU, Amazon prime etc. On the day of the appointment we had a troubleshooting project that took longer to resolve then we estimated. Part of the problem was we had to wait for the DirecTV tech to resolve the DirecTV issue before we could resolve ours. We explained to the [member name removed] that they would likely not be a big fan of us leaving in the middle of a troubleshooting call before it was done so we were extending the same courtesy to the other client. As you can see from our Angie's List reviews, we have good customer services despite what the [member names removed] believe. As part of this service, we had to upgrade our accounting system from Quickbooks Pro to Quickbooks Enterprise. When the [member names removed] called, I was 2.5 hours into a tech support call with Quickbooks and was the only one who could continue the call to its completion and get the accounting system in place. I was not avoiding anything and would have been happy to talk on the phone had I been able to break away. However, Marc who is our office manager had already reiterated our policies that I would just repeat on the phone with the client. I am not sure why compromising the policies we already have in place and most of our customers have no issue with is considered bad customer service-- especially when the customer was aware of and agreed to these policies ahead of the appointment (plus the free troubleshooting the day before) However Angie's List gives people the right to complain regardless.

11/11/2013

Donna H.

Pulled cable wiring, rewired and moved stereo equipment.

Description of Work
Pulled cable wiring, rewired and moved stereo equipment.

Category home theater design, cable tv service

09/24/2013

Robin S.

The closet immediately started overheating after the components were installed. Technospeak came out and assessed the situation and installed a fan. Unfortunately it was the incorrect fan, thus the closet is still overheating. Additionally the security cameras that were installed in the front and rear of our home did not function at night from the get go. The picture is foggy and blurred, utterly impossible to see anything except what appears to be clouds. Techno Speak has come out to try to fix the cameras, however they still do not function and they have tried to say we or our contractors have broken them. TecnoSpeak will not stand behind the product they recommended, purchased on our behalf and "professionally installed". Moreover, TechnoSpeak has not made any attempt to rectify the situation with the closet that is still overheats nor have they facilitated us to remedy the issues with the cameras that they recommended and installed. Whoever responded to my review is a completely out of their mind and lying to salvage their reputation! I did not even bother to read the entire response because once I got to the previous AV company walked off the job I knew it was a waste of time!!!!! WE DID NOT ASK FOR THE CHEAPEST COMPONENTS POSSIBLE!!! THE EQUIPMENT WE PURCHASED THROUGH OUR FIRST AV GUY IS TOP OF THE LINE, SOME OF THE BEST ON THE MARKET! THE COMPONENTS TECHNOSPEAK INSTALLED IS CHEAP AND NONFUNCTIONING! FURTHERMORE, TECHNOSPEAK INSTALLED THE CAMERA'S AT AN ANGLE THAT IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER AND TRYING TO SAY OUR ROOFER BROKE THEM. We bid out with a second company because our previous guy was too busy... two months out and we did not want to wait. TECHNOSPEAK IS DELUSIONAL! Bottom line: TECHNOSPEAK DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT OR INSTALLATION and are lying to salvage their reputation!

Description of Work
Rewire, install our home theatre (components in an audio closet) and security cameras to be compatible with our iPad & iPhones

Category home theater design

We are very sorry that (removed member name) and her husband (removed member name) have had a bad experience with Technospeak, however they should also make sure they fully disclose all that has happened. Technospeak was the second AV company to work on this project as the first AV company walked away from the job. The reason for this was the client did everything they could to get the cheapest possible price from the company and then found everything they could wrong with the project even if it wasn't even remotely related. We know this because they had done the same thing with us and we drew the same conclusion as the previous AV company did. In fact, they have done the same thing to their Roofing contractor and are currently suing them (per Robin).. When we arrived at the job, we expressed our concern that the AV closet was too small for the components that were to be put in. However as the wires were already run, the closet was already built and the client did not want to pay for redoing everything, we proceeded forward. We recommended a fan system to the client but they did not want to pay the price of that fan system. We recommended another and they did not want to pay for that either. By the time we got to a fan they would pay for, the fan was not sufficient to exhuast the cabinet. We told them we would be happy to install one of the larger fan system as long as they paid for the parts and install. They would not. One camera was installed shortly after their remodel was finished. It was working fine for about a year before they decided to replace the roof. (removed member name) confirmed this in his various email conversations with us. They wanted an additional camera installed in the front of their house, but we could not get there with a wire because of the roof line in the house. They had hired a roof contractor to replace their roof. We told them that when the roof was off would be a good time for us to run the wire for the front camera. They did not want to pay us to do this so they got their roof contractor to agree to do it for free. Their roof contractor did not run the wire as promised and we ended up doing it for free as we were trying to provide solutions to them instead of telling them they were pretty much screwed. Additionally, the roofing contractor removed the camera we had installed from a year before and NAILED it to a piece of wood on the side of the house to get it out of their way. Those cameras contain very intricate and sensitive circuitry and was obviously damaged from the blunt force of the hammer hitting the piece of wood. We went back to put the camera back up and could see that is was damaged and the picture was now fuzzy. We told the client the camera was damaged from getting removed and nailed to the wall and that it would need to get replaced for a cost of $199. Their response to this was that it was our camera from before so we should give them a new one for free even though it had been working fine for a year before the roof was removed. We suggested that they talk to the roofing contractor about damaging the camera but they would not. The overarching theme here it that this client wants more and more and more but does not want to pay anything for it. We have told them on numerous occassions that we would be happy to help them but we have to charge for additional parts and labor to do so. Any other business out there would do the same. As we have told them many times in the past, we would be happy to help them resolve their issues, but there will be additional parts and labor that needs to be paid for to do so.

09/23/2013

Donald C.

Very punctual, personable, efficient, Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Installed printer, computer repair

Category computer repair

07/16/2013

Elyse H.

I found them through Angie's list and I scheduled it. Everything was A plus through the installation but basically as soon as the installation was done just complete night and day difference in service. I had an issue that came up immediately after they were done with the installation, some of my equipment wasn't turning on and so I called them back. I wasn't blaming them for it happening. I said, "This very well could be a bad coincidence but it's out of my expertise. Could you guys come back out and just take a look? Tell me I'm not crazy" and stuff like that. I'm on the phone with them and I'm explaining exactly what happened. I told them, "You guys came. You were great. After you guys left I was reorganizing the cables and all the equipment and then this happened" And then they took me up to the CEO of the company actually and he told me, "Unfortunately, you've voided your warranty and we can't come back out. We can come back out it will be an additional $250 to look" and I was like, "What are you talking about? I was in my warranty" and they were saying that I moved my stuff around and that voided the warranty. It's in the contract. They were just very condescending at that point trying to make me feel like I didn't know the paper work I signed which I did. They were right about that. I guess technically that voided the warranty. With their very tricky wording they were exploiting it to the fullest for themselves. As soon as they got their money they were just not helpful and would not come back out. I guess it's his business he can do whatever he wants. In my opinion, when I was on phone with him I said, "I just spent like $1200 with you. I'm just asking you to come take a look. You guys are the pros that's why I'm asking this. You were here 24 hours ago. I'm not trying to jip you out of anything. I'm not being unreasonable" But he just became like a robot after that. Would not even budge. There was no human being elements. He was like, "We're all being reasonable here" I did get the issue resolved on my own. I had to do my own research and buy some of my own parts and stuff like that. Again, I'm not even saying they were the cause of why it broke. I don't think they were. But customer service after the fact was just mind-boggling! They were good while they were here. They were punctual and they were on time. Like I said I was very impressed with them as they were doing the work.

Description of Work
Technospeak Corporation wall mounted our TV over our fireplace. We purchased the wall mounts through them and they did the installation.

Category home theater design

We are sorry this customer felt like he was treated poorly however we do have our policies in place for a reason. As is customary with all our clients, we paid 50% of the project up front and the rest was supposed to be paid after the project was done and he was happy. The estimate was for $1,550 and the invoice was $1,200 as we got the job finished sooner than estimated. Then the customer decided to move his subwoofer to the other side of the room after we left and ripped the subwoofer cord out of the subwoofer-- damaging it (according to him it no longer worked after he ripped the cord out). He then calls the next day and says that if we don't drive back out to his residence and help him for free that we are "throwing him to the wolves" and "don't care about our clients at all"' etc, etc. Additionally he says he won't pay the remainder of his bill until we come out. He did eventually pay the balance about two months later. We do pride ourselves on our good customer service, however when a customer repeatedly insults our customer service reputation to correct a mistake they made, we will not be as responsive.

06/28/2013

Dorothy J. J.

They are great. The owner himself came out and he took care of every issue that I presented. I thought their price was fair.

Description of Work
I used Technospeak Corporation for home theater installation.

05/16/2013

Diane B.

All they needed to do was add an extension. It turned out pretty well. They came out promptly and did the work quickly. They had a minimum charge of $250. The owner also talked to my daughter over the phone extensively about our setup. I have a lot of cords and they organized them and tied them up for us.

Description of Work
We had a cord that the original installer had cut too short. When we turned the TV it broke off.

04/22/2013

Virginia N.

Young man arrived exactly on time. Went through each item on my list. I think he was here about 2.5 hours.

Description of Work
I had a list of little things, but it was a long list! For example: show vacation pics I had downloaded to my iPad on my tv using apple tv, show me how to download audiobooks from the public library, repair connection between my wireless printer & my pc, show me how to scan receipts into my computer, etc.

Category home theater design, computer repair

03/15/2013

Eric W.

I really don't like that this company charges $100 just to come give an estimate. I realize it takes time to give an estimate, but that's just part of this type of business. He was here at my place for only about 20 minutes or so and that cost us $100 which kind of forces you to use them regardless of the estimate because you already feel invested at $100. (Had I known this before my spouse set it up, I would probably have kept looking for other companies.) As far as the work goes, they did do a great job with the installation. No complaints there. I would say that it seemed to me these guys had more construction/installation knowledge than they did actual sound knowledge which did disappoint me a little. I'm somewhat of an audio-phile and I know that you can have great speakers but not have great sound if you don't set it up optimally. These guys definitely know their stuff when it comes to the construction/installation process, but did not seem to know more than me about what makes good sound and even seemed to probably know a little less. So if you're looking for someone to advise you on good sound, I would not recommend them especially for the cost. However, back to the actual work/installation, I can say they did an excellent job of running/installing the wires and everything works great and looks great. They replace the drywall, but you have to do the patching yourself. One of the guys was definitely better than the other at cutting the drywall out which made his much easier to patch and cover without being noticeable at all. The guys did seem to work hard and efficiently - they were not wasting time or messing around. They were working the entire time they were here. Still overall, I wouldn't say their price was great. It wasn't outrageous, which is why we went with them (after being $100 in for the estimate), but I think you could probably have the work done for a slightly better price. (For comparison, we had an electrician do some installation as well and when he had to cut through drywall to run wires, he had a simple drill attachment that got that done in a fraction of the time it took these sound guys to do it the way they did.) The only part of the work that was disappointing was the "hole" cut for us to run the hdmi cable and power cable from the TV through the wall. Two weeks later (after having our place painted) when we went to do that we discovered the hole that was cut through one of the wall studs was no where near big enough for the either end of the TV power cord to fit through. Granted, it might have been as big as he could make it, but he didn't point that out to us or let us know. We ended up having to cut the power cord in two run it through the wall, then splice it back together. Not a huge deal, but a surprise that should not have been a surprise. Overall, I am satisfied with the work that was done and although I feel the price was not the best, I would pay it again if I found that all companies charge that much. But of course after paying for an estimate from these guys, we didn't check with any other companies since we were already out $100.

Description of Work
Install 2 Ceiling Speakers in rear of room - run wires through wall/ceiling from receiver to those speakers Run wires from receiver through wall/ceiling to rear of room and install subwoofer connection at base of wall. Run wires from receiver through wall to speaker mounts on columns on each side of TV. Cut holes to be able to run wires from receiver through wall and out again to connect to TV.

Category home theater design

We thank the customer for this business and we are sorry that he had a less then optimal experience. What the customer did not mention is the $100 fee was credited against his invoice as we do with all customers. Thus the sight survey did not cost him anything. In regards to any audio questions he felt did not get answered to his satisfaction, we invite him to call into the office at any time and get those questions answered. The customer purchased all the speakers we installed on his own and we made the best installation choices we could to balance optimal audio quality with minimal wall damage. Were they the speakers we would have chosen for him based on the listening tastes he told us during the site survey? No. However we are happy to install any equipment a customer has purchased on their own and is not able to install and setup on their own. It is stated very clearly in the contract Eric signed prior to project start that when we do retrofit wiring in a home there will be some drywall cutting and it will not be restored to its original appearance by us. We can however recommend a great drywall contractor should our clients ask us. We thank the customer for this business and hope that he will continue to use us in the future.