Superior Roofing

California: Contractors
11/30/2023

3017 Fruitvale Ave

Bakersfield, CA 93308

Superior Roofing has been locally owned and operated since 2005. Sergio Olmos, the owner, was born and raised in the Kern County area. Over the years we have done hundreds of reroofs and thousands of repairs in Bakersfield and throughout Kern County, Tulare County, Fresno County, and other surrounding areas. Superior Roofing 3017 Fruitvale Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93308 (661) 679-6923...

roofing (35)skylight installation (2)

01/08/2021

Thomas E.

They did an excellent job for a great price. They did a good job. I haven't have a roof leak in 5 years

Description of Work
They reroof my patio.

Work Completed On 01/08/2017

01/28/2020

Dennis P.

Would not quote us a price for the leak ~ only wanted to do a larger portion of our roof quoting a $1900 + price ~~ never got back to me regarding a price for the leak

Description of Work
A leak In a corner of our roof

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

09/28/2019

Howard P.

First had problems scheduling appointment. They did come out and inspected roof. Said they would call with estimate. Five days later and still no estimate. That worried me so I went with someone else.

Description of Work
Replace roof.

Cost $0.01

12/27/2018

Thomas E.

Sergio and his crew notably Monet in the front office with Gilberto and Manuel in the field were very professional and treated us with the utmost priority and importance. They replaced all the damaged areas, completely re-roofed both patios with a modern technique that is very impressive and it came with a 10 year warranty. They also replaced the composition shingles on our home roof that lead to the air conditioner. All went extremely well and I would highly recommend hiring them for any roofing issue. The day after completion, the first rains hit and there were absolutely zero leaks. Sergio honored our Angie’s list 5% discount as well, great job!

Description of Work
Our patio roof leaked terribly and there were the beginnings of wood rot. A lot of damage needed to be repaired and both roofs needed complete replacement. They are both flat roofs that used the traditional roll roofing with drip edge.

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

09/30/2018

Elena U.

Great response. Great price and service. They even cleaned my roof of pine needle debris.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

09/06/2018

Norman D.

They didn’t call me to tell my when they were going to start job and when I called I was told that they would call me right back that the guy was on another line. He never called me back

Description of Work
Roof on garage and patio

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

04/15/2017

Kathy Y.

I had two technicians here all day from 8:30 until 4:30 doing the job. Was very pleased with all of the work that was completed. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
I had two pretty good sized leaks that I needed to have repaired. I also had all of the valleys cleaned , all pipes and penetrations resealed, reseal cracked tiles and replaced as needed.

Work Completed On 03/09/2017

03/29/2017

rowena P.

Owner came out and provided a price on the spot. We scheduled with them and they were reliable/fast. I recommend this company!

Description of Work
Roof repair over garage area.

Work Completed On 03/29/2017

01/27/2017

James S.

Scheduled me in between the rain and I was ready for the next storm...no leaks.

Description of Work
Roof repair in a valley

Work Completed On 01/06/2017

Thank you for the rest review. Give us a call if there's anything else you need from us thx again.

11/27/2016

Donna J G.

I chose Superior because I could communicate by email to ask my questions and clarify any concerns before during and after the work. I received one other bid to know that the price was fair. I learned a lot from both companies in order to make my decisions. I opted for a thick, 50-year life roof which added to the price, but I will save me heating and cooling costs. Of course it included the required extra insulation in the ceiling crawl space which will also help the bills. I absolutely love the patio cover. I lived here for years without one. It is pretty standard and I chose white roofing. It stayed pretty cool all summer. The painting was done by another professional who did an oil-based primer and paint to extend its life. I waited too long to do this review and have forgotten most of what I had thought of when the work was done. There is only one small flaw in one shingle over the garage that prevents me from saying it was a perfect job. I would hire this business again and have recommended them to others. To all who have their garage roof replaced, if you can see the wood roof from inside and if it has gaps, cover everything in the garage. I didn't even think about it and am still finding old roof debris. Superior offered to clean up the garage, but I didn't allow them to do it.

Description of Work
re-roof for 1256 sq ft home plus separate 2 1/2 car garage with patio cover added between them and across half the back of house

Work Completed On 02/19/2016

07/19/2016

Sherrie V.

The owner came the same day as I called for an estimate. He was very professional and provided pictures of the sections of my roof needing repairs. Since, he received good reviews on Angie's List I decided to approve his quote. There were two workers who completed my repairs and they were very professional, had the work completed in a day, and most important cleaned up their area. The only concern I had was they cancelled the first time scheduled due to not having the materials, and then said they would be there the following day, but did not show up or call. (Fourth of July weekend) However, the following Monday, they did complete the job.

Description of Work
Roofing Repairs

Work Completed On 07/05/2016

07/13/2016

Rebecca W.

The company did a wonderful job. They finished in 3 days as expected and the bill was no more than the estimate. They are licensed to spray in new insulation if needed, which keeps the cost down. They did leave some garbage behind but came back and cleaned it up in a timely manner. There were no complaints from my tenants as to conduct or professionalism. I can't believe how much nicer the house looks with a new roof.

Description of Work
I needed my roof removed and replaced

Work Completed On 07/02/2016

10/17/2014

Thomas N.

It was my first time using the company and everything went very well. Two technicians came out and completed the job in about 3 hours. They were very professional and efficient workers. The company president even came out to take a look at the job to make sure it was done correctly. I was very happy with the work they did. He had excellent customer service and follow up after the job. They were great with the cleanup after the service. Their pricing is very reasonable and scheduling was easy. I would highly recommend them to do work on anyone's roof.

Description of Work
I hired the company to replace some tiles on the roof.

Work Completed On 10/29/2013

03/15/2014

Carole H.

I had 3 appraisals and really liked Superior Roofing. He combined all the others had said they would do for a much more reasonable price. He said it would take 3 days, they finished in 2 days. They were on time and cleaned each day. They did a great job. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and replaced with new roof and replaced rotten boards. Put in new flashings. Also added new vents.

Work Completed On 02/20/2014

02/27/2014

Matthew M.

The price for the work was less than several other companies in town and the quality of the work is very good. There were some things that weren't finished up during the initial job, but crews were sent out immediately to take care of it. No complaints. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a roofer.

Description of Work
New torchdown roof was put on my outside patio in the backyard.

Work Completed On 12/20/2013

01/30/2014

Daniel P.

I recently contracted Superior roofing to repair my leaking roof. During the last set of heavy rains, my skylight and the bathroom vent located a few feet above it on the roof-line were leaking significantly. Taking a look on Angie's list, I selected Superior roofing based on their high rating. The owner scheduled a time to come out for an estimate and I took that time off to be here. He did not arrive, and, after three hours, I contacted him. He came late, but provided me with an estimate of $575 after looking over the interior and exterior issues. The owner stated that I would need a new skylight, one full bundle of shingles, and that the area under the HVAC unit would need to be re-shingled. A thorough water testing was also promised. After setting up an appointment for arrival, his first set of employees arrived a few hours late. This was a major negative since daylight was burning and work would be rushed. The new skylight was installed, and shingles were laid down, rather quickly for what was promised. When I asked the employees to perform a water test, they suggested that I do it by myself since the "mastic" needed to dry. It didn't make sense to me that I would be asked to water test the issue when I am paying them to fix the leak, so I told them they would need to come back and they agreed. I went up on the roof and noticed that the area under the HVAC was not re-shingled and there was a lot of mastic spread around. I went ahead and called the owner on Friday, telling him about the issues and that we still needed to water test, and he stated he would send someone out that day...it didn't happen. I contacted him again the following Monday morning and he sent someone out within 30 minutes, apologizing since no one came out on Friday. This time, he sent out a foreman who told me that I would need to stand in the attic during the water test...again, this just seems unprofessional since I am not a roofing expert. He ended up going inside after I told him that the work needed to be tested and saw several leaks coming through...the problem, with the exception of the skylight leak, was still present. The foreman and his worker uncovered some issues and asked me if I had shingles they could use. I took my leftover shingles out of the garage, from my personal stash, and they used some of them for the repair and took the rest with them. The foreman then knocked on the door to tell me that he was sorry. He stated the previous team rushed the job and that he took things down to the board to address the issue. He also stated that he would perform a final water test. After his team was done, I looked up on the roof and noticed, from far away, shingles were buckling. Apparently, the team thought it would be wise to place a few 1x2, hand broken, pieces of untreated wood under the HVAC stand to shim it up as a replacement of the treated wood they tore out. I went up on the roof and noticed the shingles, as well as the other repairs, were under a lot of stress and were indeed buckling. I contacted the owner via text message and sent a picture of the issue...no response. It is now several days later, and I have HVAC contractors up on the roof repairing the mistakes. I also picked up 30+ nails and had clean the patio cover on my roof since the employees decided to blow debris down and leave them there. In summation, I have listed the major points below: 1. Detailed invoices need to provided on time. I am still waiting for my final copy. 2. They should not insist on their customers conducting or assisting in water testing or any other duty. 3. They need to show up on time, not several hours late. I lost many hours waiting around. 4. The work and details necessary to fix the issues seem to get lost as they are passing the information down the chain of command. 5. The employees need to do a better job of cleaning up. 6. On both visits, I needed to provide a ladder for them to access the attic. The foreman, on the second visit, decided it would be wise to stand on the closet shelf while coming down, damaging it. 7. The owner should come and evaluate the work of his employees in order to make sure things are up to his licensed standards. I will not be utilizing Superior roofing for any new work in the future and cannot recommend them because of my experience. I like their prices, but they aren't so good when one has to pay for another contractor to clean up their mistakes.

Description of Work
Superior Roofing was contracted to perform repairs to my roof that would fix leaks on or around the following: bathroom skylight, bathroom vent. I walked the owner through everything, detailing issues in order to get the best estimate and service.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 04/17/2013

12/02/2013

Leslie M.

Went very well. Repairs were done promptly and at price negotiated. Assesed my roof and repaired all tiles needed not just the ones from the leak.

Description of Work
Repaired roof tiles where they had cracked or slipped

Work Completed On 11/27/2013

11/20/2013

Kimberly N.

Superior Roofing is exactly that...SUPERIOR, in every way! When I contacted Sergio, he was able to meet with me right away. He was early and very professional, provided me with brochures and I received the quote within one business day. I initially met with three different roofing companies and felt very comfortable with Sergio. He seemed honest and trustworthy. He worked with me on the price which I really appreciated. The foreman and crew were all very punctual & professional. I was impressed at how fast the whole process was and I know that was because Sergio had a great crew who were dedicated and focused on the job. Throughout the job, Sergio often stopped by to check on the status of the job, his foreman, crew and me. They cleaned up around my property at the end of each day. When the job was completed, I couldn't have been happier. Everything went smooth and my roof looks amazing! I have had many positive comments from neighbors and friends and have recommended Superior Roofing to anyone who asks! I would highly recommend anyone interested in having any roofing work done, to obtain a quote from Superior Roofing. Thank you to Sergio and his great team! I was more than impressed from start to finish and would hire them again and again for any roofing needs.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on my house, carport, and garage.

Work Completed On 10/13/2013

10/31/2013

Dana M.

Was ahead of schedule and very responsive.

Description of Work
Removed old wood shingles, installed OSB and new architectural asphalt shingles.

Work Completed On 10/04/2013

09/25/2013

patsy A.

Job was a mess with removal of all the wood shake, but yard was cleaned up each day before they left. New tile looks beautiful. We are very happy with how the project turned out. The owner, Sergio, came by every day and always came by if we called with a concern.

Description of Work
Removed 25 year old wood shake roof and replaced with lite cement tile.

Work Completed On 05/23/2013

05/20/2013

David O.

Not well!!! Two day project took five days with many issues during the project. Company name not indicative of workmanship.

Description of Work
Roof repairs

Work Completed On 12/01/2012

Thanks for the comments about my company. [member name removed] and[member name removed] are a very nice couple. I'm not going to debate about the duration of the job cause yes a two day job did turn into a 5 day job that is correct. I will not also debate on why that was the case either. We had many delays and hold up due to the homeowners schedule. I have a team of professionals that work for me an when none of them wanted to work with [member name removed] that's where I had issues. I went through 2 framers and finally the 3rd one was able to satisfy him. These are framers that had been framing for over 20yrs. I hold no hard feeling against the Orts but i wish in the comments they would have mentioned the final job turned out exactly the way they wanted. That's what they told me anyways. In construction there are sometimes many delays and some people don't understand that. Also [member name removed] and [member name removed] if you guys read this I would like to collect the remaining $300 you owe me for the job. Just mail it to my office. Good luck to any other contractor that does work for te Orts. For anyone else fell free to call me about these comments and I will go over in detail why exactly happened on this job. Thank you Sergio 661-703-8736 thx

03/25/2013

Joshua G.

Tenants at one of our commercial rental properties called letting me know that the roof was leaking again. Called a few places, but some did not return the phone call and others did not service my area. Superior Roofing was the only one who returned my phone call and serviced my area from the list of vendors on Angie's List. Even though the price was a little out of my budget, after the owner explained to me what the issue was and the reason why the leaks were returning after paying a different roofing company for repairs a little over 2 years ago, I agreed to have them work on the roof with the modifications they suggested. They did guarantee their work for 1 year. So, we will keep an eye out on any roof leaks within this time period. Overall, we were very satisfied with them. We will be having them service another one of our commercial buildings within a month or two for a tenant that will be moving in.

Description of Work
The roof of a commercial building was leaking. Superior Roofing came out to assess issue. Crickets had to be built in order to divert the water to the drainage. Hot mopped the new crickets. Covered any holes and cracks.

Work Completed On 03/15/2013