Get matched with top antique appraisers in San Antonio, TX
There are 2 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local Pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best Pro for the job.
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in San Antonio
- Alonso Jewelry DesignsVery good. Marc and others at Alonso's were very professional. I took my estate items and Marc reviewed quickly to determine what needed appraising. I left my items there overnight and went back the next day. His pricing was reasonable compared to other nearby Jewelers. He provided photo document for each item, plus a very nice portfolio for insurance or probate inventory. I was very pleased. I was also pleased with the work done to my wedding band. I would recommend Alonso's to my friends and family
- Rialto JewelryEverything was fantastic. My wife and I designed a custom wedding band for me and they created it for us.We have a few items that they are going repair also. We have also used them to appaise about 5 items.
- Royal EleganceI really liked the work. She was very professional and very thorough with her work. She was very knowledgeable. I will absolutely use her again.
- Rialto JewelryMy wife had a diamond anniversary ring with a cracked 1.5 carat center diamond (yes that's possible) and intended to file an insurance claim to get it replaced. We used Angies List to pick Rialto. Luis first worked with us in providing appraisal and other information to support the insurance claim. He then guided us in finding the right diamond to replace the cracked one. In the process, he educated us on diamonds, not only the conventional color and quality, but cut and other features, such as "hearts and arrows", as well. Other, larger jewelers may have more diamonds, but Luis has easy access to multiple diamond distributors and can find the right diamond for you in a few days. Within a week, we looked at five high quality diamonds, and, using Luis's guidance and knowledge, my wife picked the one she wanted. Luis took care of the rest, including sending the cracked diamond back to our insurance company. In the process, my wife had found a second diamond she liked almost as much as the one she picked. I was so pleased with Luis that I decided to have him make a pendant using that diamond for my wife's Christmas present. In the 40+ years my wife and I have been married, we have brought tens of thousands of dollars in jewelery. We've purchased jewelry from Dallas to New York, from small jewelers and large. We've never has as positive an experience as we did with Luis. I would encourage anyone who has jewelry needs, either simple repair or relatively large purchase, to visit Rialto before making a decision. Seldom do you find a jeweler, such as Luis, who is both knowledgable and trustworthy
- DENNIS JEWELRY COThey seem to be very competent. This is the first time we've dealt with a jewelry appraisal in many years and they did a good job.
- Vogt Appraisers & AuctioneersIt is my favorite auction in town. Some days they will auction off a $20,000 brand new piece of furniture and another day they will have one for $1750. You never know what you are going to get there. I would recommend going one time before you are ready to purchase anything because the auctioneer is really, really fast. He is probably one of the most difficult ones to understand. They are really good to work with. They have guys that will load everything up. They are really fast. If I want to buy something and leave, they will check me out right then because auctions can go on for several hours. It is an elite auction for this area and the only thing comparable would be an antique shop. They also do appraisals of pieces
- Jewelry Judge San AntonioStephanie was very helpful to me from the first phone call! I had called a few other jewelers and they treated me like a number and were not forthcoming with much information. Stephanie gave me several (more affordable) options and made what felt like an overwhelming process very manageable. I always sensed she was treating me very fairly and ethically. She told me right from the start what my options were, what she would charge and how I could deal with the various pieces in the estate. She even offered to re-string a broken strand of pearls I had at no charge. She is an enthusiastic, vivacious person and I highly recommend her services
- PENALOZA & SONSThey are great and it went perfect; wonderful. It did not take long to get my jewelry back I give them all A's and will use them again in the future.
- PENALOZA & SONSWhen my partner's mother died, we didn't know what jewelry was real and what was fake. This place was recommended by Moretti's Fine Jewelry. Moretti's is the only San Antonio member of the American Gem Society, but doesn't do appraisals unless you're buying/selling there. The woman at the counter of Penaloza and Sons was able to quickly eliminate some pieces. A week later, I got a call explaining that two remaining pieces were costume jewelry, but all the rest was real, and would cost $600 to appraise. Two weeks later, the appraisal was done for exactly that cost, including photos, thorough descriptions of each piece, and the base price used for the metal. The jewels had been cleaned as well. (The total value of jewelry was about $30,000.) The appraiser has a graduate gemologist degree, and the store is open on Saturdays
- PAUL CROSSMAN AUTO APPRAISALHe looked at it and took about five minutes and said he'd get back to me. He got back to me the next week and mailed me my appraisal so I would know what to ask for when I sold the car.
Last update on October 14, 2017
Jewelry Appraisers in San Antonio
Johnson, Inc. (a Numismatics co.), Nationally known, specializes in Coins, Currency, and Gold & Silver bullion items. We have two categories of service: Online Face to Face personalized service or In-Home for Florida residents. Estate acquisitions and trusts is our specialty. Our ONLINE APPRAISAL Service allows your items and our specialty to meet face to face regardless of distance. We back all our services up with your guaranteed satisfaction! Call or schedule your services today
"Although I was very disappointed in the value of my collection, Suzanne herself was wonderful and very very helpful. She was very amenable to coming on my schedule, spending an extra hour of her time and all in all just a wonderful lady."
We are a national appraisal association of 300 members. We appraise antiques and art. Some members are dealers and gallery owners but all of us are anxious to serve you. Check our websites http://www.newenglandappraisers.org (click) "Find an Appraiser" for names and phone numbers of our members.
"It went well. As a matter of fact, I was trying to reach them again. I need to call them back to take the items and I never got to do that. They were very good. They gave me a good estimate. They explained the antique furniture to be restored. I dealt with several pieces and they've separated each one for me. Their place wasn't close to me so I thought that it was really nice that they took the time to come so far down to do an estimate. They're clear on what needed to be done in how they explained the process that they're going to use to do it. We discussed some alternatives if necessary. There were some pieces that I had trouble finding knobs and they gave me a website to look for them. If not, they would do it. I thought that it was really good. They did a wonderful job. They could have called me back.
Whether you're selling a diamond engagement ring, your mother’s Tiffany jewelry, Your father's Gold & Silver Coin collection, or it's time to sell a Rolex watch you no longer wear, we'll appraise your jewelry for its highest worth, then make you an offer you can’t refuse. At Global, we make selling your jewelry, diamonds and gold valuables an honest, private and free experience via free mail-in service via FedEx insured overnight shipping
"The very first time I came to the location, I was greeted by a very nice gentleman who was dressed in a suit and was very professional. He was very honest and not pushy. I felt comfortable during the transaction. This impression made me believe that I could use them for future needs. <br /> <br /> This last time I went, unfortunately the gentleman I worked with originally was no longer there. Instead, I worked with someone else who was very unprofessional and really aggressive. He was digging at what I had to sell and before I left said make sure you leave a good review for me on Yelp. When I went to pick up a piece he was fixing, he was sure to tell me he didn't see a review from me on Yelp. He put me in a position where i felt like he would be less trustworthy if i hadn't given him a good review. <br /> <br /> Now, I feel like I don't have someone reputable to go to.
Come and explore over 25,000 Sq Ft. Facility of elegance, charm and with a touch of whimsy and flair for the eclectic.
Retail jewelry, repairs and appraisals and custom made jewelry. Appraisals done for insurance and estate planning.
"I contacted Mark Sadovsky Jewelers on or about July 02, 2014 and spoke to Mark. I inquired as to his business hours, as I wanted my Masonic ring looked at. Mark told me that on Thursdays, he stayed open until 6:00PM. I explained to him that I worked in downtown San Antonio, TX and would not get off work until 5:30PM. Depending upon traffic, I expected to arrive at 6:00PM or shortly afterwards. Mark told me that he would wait on me, even if it was after 6:00PM. <br /> Upon my arrival on Thursday afternoon July 03, 2014, Mark and his wife greeted me and inspected my ring. Mark could find nothing wrong with it, other than it needed a good cleaning. Mark polished the ring and did not charge me. <br /> He and his wife were so pleasant to deal with and welcoming. My wife and I will be patronizing their business. We being new to the area, they were such a breath of fresh air. <br />
We are full service jewelers, and one of only three American Gem Society stores in the San Antonio area. The store has a jeweler on site. Small repairs and watch batteries can be done while you wait. Our staff of ten includes one Registered jeweler, three Graduate Gemologists, and four Certified sales associates. The average jewelry experience of our staff is over 18 years
"I wanted to surprise my husband for his birthday with a nice birthstone ring and I was very happy with the service provided by C. Aaron Penaloza Jewelers. I purchased a semi-mount gold ring through Penaloza Jewelers and requested that they mount a Star Sapphire that I previously purchased as a center stone. They did an excellent job of guiding me through the process of selecting a semi-mount ring and in the selection of the center stone. Throughout the process they were professional, the work was completed on time, and the finished product quite handsome. <br />
For four decades, Vogt Auction Galleries has been South Texas' leading auction house, specializing in San Antonio and Texas estates. We also feature antiques and art from the U.S.A., Western & Eastern Europe and Old Russia. We have sold more than 1 million lots with total sales volume of more than $100,000,000. Do you have quality estate pieces you are thinking about selling? Call us first - we can tell you what you have and give you a free informal appraisal. We'll tell you if your piece is ..
"Vogt Galleries are really good. They are a family run business. I think the Dad is in charge and the sons help out. I think they have been around for 30 years. They are awesome. They are 24/7 accessible. They are really good about responding to email or cell phone. I think they are really personable. They make it a lot of fun. They have pretty good prices too. They have really good quality stuff. They have stuff from all over Europe. They also have a lot of rustic stuff.
"When my partner's mother died, we didn't know what jewelry was real and what was fake. This place was recommended by Moretti's Fine Jewelry. Moretti's is the only San Antonio member of the American Gem Society, but doesn't do appraisals unless you're buying/selling there. The woman at the counter of Penaloza and Sons was able to quickly eliminate some pieces. A week later, I got a call explaining that two remaining pieces were costume jewelry, but all the rest was real, and would cost $600 to appraise. Two weeks later, the appraisal was done for exactly that cost, including photos, thorough descriptions of each piece, and the base price used for the metal. The jewels had been cleaned as well. (The total value of jewelry was about $30,000.) The appraiser has a graduate gemologist degree, and the store is open on Saturdays.
Full service estate sales and liquidations, downsizing sales and consultation, appraisals for probate and equitable distribution, non cash charitable donations to IRS specifications, insurance claims and insurance planning appraisals. The only estate and appraisal company in San Antonio with two accredited appraisers, both members of the International Society of Appraisers in good standing. In business since 1995. Member American Society of Estate Liquidators, International Foundation for Art..
San Antonio's leading jewelry retail store. We have a huge variety of engagement and fashion diamond jewelry which includes everything from men's and women's jewelry and watches, with custom pieces to loose diamonds. We also sell all kinds of hip hop jewelry such as grillz, chains, rings, bracelets and more. Our pre-owned Rolex watches are our best sellers. We also do in-house repairs of jewelry and watches
Expert jewelry appraisals for insurance or estate value. Done by a Graduate Gemologist (GIA) with 22 years of appraisal experience. Member of National Association of Jewelry Appraisers.
Uncompromising quality and integrity in all of your precious metals purchases and sales. Specializing in gold & silver bullion. Avoid gold and silver retailers selling you their inventory at high premiums! We pay top prices for jewelry, sterling, diamonds and watches! Fisher Precious Metals is a national gold and silver dealer. Listed as a national dealer with the United States Mint, Fisher Precious Metals is a trusted resource for gold and silver coins and bars. Established in 1995, the firm..
"selling precious jewelry such as diamonds is a very stressful Mr. Fisher made you feel very conferrable educated you and put no pressure on sale. He did a thorough check on all pieces gave a fair price. I cant say enough except Thank you"
credit cards accepted on website through paypal Check website often for specials and coupons We are a small, 2 instructor operation and keep classes small to give you the attention you need.
GoldFellow® is a nationwide buyer of Gold, Silver, Platinum and Diamonds with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We have a reputation for honesty and superior customer service, having completed over 500,000 transactions. Our founder appeared on America's Money Class with Suze Orman to teach consumers how to sell gold. You can sell your unwanted gold to us using our free insured FedEx® service or by visiting one of our stores. For more information about our company or to find a l..
The most honest & trusted precious metal buyer. Please check our customer testimonials! We buy gold, silver, platinum, jewelry & coins. We pay more than pawn shops, jewelry stores & dealers in Seguin, New Braunfels, McQueeney, Gonzales, Luling, San Marcos, La Vernia & surrounding areas!
"They were a big high dealer. He told me he pretty much does that kind of thing but it was for a pay scale. It was like $50.00 per piece of jewelry. He was looking over my stuff like jade, ivory and a whole lot of stuff. He just pushed it aside and was not too impressed. I even showed him my grandmother’s ring which was two big diamonds. One was my great grandmother and my grandmother. They combine my wedding rings. It was platinum and he just smeared at it. He was telling me about his exclusive contract with somebody to do appraisal. I had to take all my stuff to him. He just told me verbally that it was custom jewelry. I charge for a piece of jewelry. So it was an average if I ask how much it cost to keep it up I could not afford it. He did the bare minimum to explain how much it would cost him to do everything. He was like moody. He was like I was wasting his valuable time with my custom jewelry. He asked me if I was selling the stuff to get cash. So I told him I was getting my house financed and insured by USAA and they require an appraisal for the jewelry that comes under the coverage. Later on in the week I was up at a mall and there was a jeweler and I walked over to them and asked if they do appraisal here. We will place the jewelry and send it to New York that’s where the experts are. They guarantee the bonds and everything on the evaluation. It was like a world organization. It would not take too long but they would charge by the piece. If I have to get the jewelry appraised I would go back to that guy in the mall and not to the high-end jeweler. They were so nice to me and treated me like a customer. Not like some old lady looking around to sell some of her jewelry.
Caring Transitions is a compassionate and professional solution for senior relocation, downsizing, estate sale and online auction services. We're a family owned franchise in San Antonio. We have a variety of services that we customize for every individual client.
Rialto Jewelry has been in business since 1984 and has multiple locations throughout Texas. Luis Guerra is the owner operator and will be in the store to assist you with all your jewelry needs. If you cannot find what you are looking for, our staff will assist you in the process of creating a custom design to fit your needs. We make jewelry by hand or by computer aided design (Cad-Cam) depending on the difficulty of the piece. We have repairmen trained in all aspects of jewelry repair. Fr..
"Amazing! I found Rialto Jewelers on Angie's List. They had great reviews and I had absolutely no idea where to go to get a custom ring designed. The reviews on Angie's List were so positive about Luis that I decided to visit with him. From the first discussion it was apparent that he was very knowlegeable, giving me his opinion of what would look good and woudn't; thoughtful as he considered various options and fair. We worked on the design over a few month period (I wasn't in a rush and it was over the Christmas holiday). He explained each step of the process; sent me computer images; had me back to look at the wax cast; then had me in again to look at the ring before the stones were set. At each stage I was able to make modifications if needed. His priority was to create a ring that I would absolutely love and he was successful! he advised a euro shank (as it is more comfortable) aqnd a comfort fit - I was skeptical about the euro shank as it is a slightly flat bottom to the ring and I am wearing it with two anniversary bands that are round on the bottom - but it sits perfectly and it doesn't spin from the weight of the stones. He selected beautiful diamonds to circle each of the three stones. I was a little concerned that the ring may be "too much" as I went from a simple setting of three good size diamonds - to a wider band, diamonds down the sides and halos on all three stones - but the ring is stunning - absolutely stunning! <br /> <br />Luis gave me a price and said it might be below that and wouldn't be over it - he kept to his word on that which I appreciated. It is hard to find a jeweler who you trust - but Luis is easy to trust. He offered to buy my remainding gold from the necklace that I used to make the ring, and I had already contacted other jewelers on the price that they would offer and he was the highest of the few that I spoke with. Again, he seems more concerned with building long term customers as opposed to making the most out of every sale. Every time I was in the store there were repeat customers in there coming back for something - that speaks volumes! I will never use another jeweler even though he is a distance from my home, it is definitely worth the drive! <br />
See all 2 highly rated companies in San AntonioJoin Angi now
Find antique appraisers in
antique appraisers in San Antonio
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Jewelry Judge San Antonio8000 W I-10 Ste 600
San Antonio, Texas 78230
- Jewelry Judge San Antonio
- Global Gold and Silver7 W 45th St Ste # 1200
New York, New York 10036
- Global Gold and Silver
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers7853 Gunn Hwy. #189
Tampa, Florida 33626
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers
- New England Appraisers Assoc6973 Crestridge Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
- New England Appraisers Assoc