The cost to install an electric fence depends on your yard size and how many animals you own. We’ll cover all the costs of installing an electric fence here.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Pittsburgh, PA
There are 10 highly-rated local dog fence installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dog Fencing Reviews in Pittsburgh
- PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLCKudos to Pittsburgh Pet Fence for consistently providing outstanding customer service! Each time I’ve interacted with any member of Pittsburgh Pet Fence team (from my initial install and over a course of 6+ years), my customer experience has been 2nd to none. Over the past two weeks, I contacted Pittsburgh Pet Fence twice. The first time, Candy worked with me over the phone to diagnose and resolve the root cause of the problem over the phone to help me avoid incurring the expense. Earlier this week, I called again. Candy and Ed worked with me via FaceTime to diagnose the problem. Again, they were trying to save me from potentially incurring the unnecessary expense of a home visit and to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. In both recent customer service calls, not only were timely resolution and unnecessary expenses top of mind by Candy and Ed they also responded to my calls in a very timely manner, with a positive attitude and with respect. If your family is like ours, we count on the safety of our dogs everyday from the protection provided by the fence. Therefore, timely service is a must. I could only wish more of my experiences with other service providers were as positive as mine have been with Pittsburgh Pet Fence. Keep up the excellent service Pittsburgh Pet Fence
- PetStopRyan was amazing! He's competent, friendly, and VERY reasonably priced. I will definitely use him again!
- PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLCI had a great experience with Maurice and PPF as a whole! I called PPF after seeing so many of their signs in my neighborhood & reading up on their online reviews. They were efficient, professional & took the time to explain everything during the training session. 10 out of 10 would recommend
- PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLCFabulous overall: great pet fence quality, professional and seamless installation, user friendly interface, top notch training. Our dogs were seriously trained within a day, and they're not the brightest pups. Almost a week out now and they don't even get near the flags. We just had a jogger run by with a barking dog and our crazy lab mix stayed in our yard. INCREDIBLE! Ed and his team were responsive, reliable, and efficient. The entire process - from getting a quote to installing the fence to personalized training - was smooth and professional. And pricing was very fair as well. I would absolutely recommend Pittsburgh Pet Fence to anyone in a heartbeat. Thank you to Ed and your team
- Dog Guard of Greater PittsburghWe are so pleased with the service and professionalism of Gary and his team! Before installation, and the office staff was always courteous and informative. Gary and the installation team worked through rough terrain and installed the fencing on seven acres of our property so our Anatolian Sheperds could have more freedom. The training was easy and Gary walked me through the process so I could reinforce positive behaviors. I highly recommend Dog Guard of Greater Pittsburgh. They are truly exceptional
- Dog Guard of Greater PittsburghGary and his team are the best in the industry! They were cheaper than Invisible Fence or a regular fence, and they got the underground fence installed quickly and efficiently in just a couple of hours. Our two dogs (one Min Pin, one Great Pyrenees) are adjusting really well after the training. Nobody has escaped, and they’re happy to lounge outside in the sun
- Ingelido Fence, LLCIt was excellent! Gary came out for an estimate right away, and as soon as the snow melted a crew was here working. It only took them 2 days! The price was comparable to other companies who gave me quotes, but Gary was much nicer to work with than some of the other men I met. Everybody was really nice. and, most importantly, I felt safe
- PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLCThis company is AMAZING! Ed, Candy, and the entire staff were such a pleasure to work with from start to finish! The initial introduction of their fencing, installation, and training far exceeded any and all expectations that we had. It was truly remarkable to see how quickly our puppy was learning their new boundaries. We could not be happier with our decision to go with Pittsburgh Pet Fence and we are so excited to finally give our pup the opportunity to run free, while also remaining safe within our yard. You can tell they all take such pride in their work and it definitely shows in the thorough service that they provide and the level of care that they show towards your animal. If you’re even considering an invisible fence, give them a call, you will NOT be disappointed!
- Affordable Fence & Railing LLCGot three estimates for a ~350' vinyl privacy fence. Affordable Fence was by far the most reasonable estimate. We signed the proposal the end of May, and due to covid-19, installation didn't start until August. But since we already had a fence in place, that was OK. Once installation started, the crew showed up every day, on time, and worked full days. They also did a very good job of cleaning up after themselves, and keeping us informed of any issues. All in all, EXCELLENT. Highly recommend
- PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLCPittsburgh Pet Fence was so great to work with from the very first phone call! They were thorough and walked through every step. The were great at communicating before the install and their turnaround times on getting back to you were super quick. Everyone was super friendly and helped to answer all questions I had! If you’re in the market for a fence for your fur baby I highly recommend Pittsburgh pet fence
Last update on May 22, 2022
Dog Fence Installers in Pittsburgh
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dog fence installer articles
Learn about keeping rabbits out of garden patches using common methods. Find out which organic and man-made deterrents, such as fences, are most effective.
Keep your dog safe by securing your yard and offering more stimulation and schooling. These tips will help keep your pup from running away from home.
Find dog fence installers in
Fence Companies in Pittsburgh, PA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Blaine Fence304 Eagle Mill Rd
Butler, Pennsylvania 16001
- Blaine Fence
- Garner Construction Services LLC1058 Dry Dam Rd
Jeannette, Pennsylvania 15644
- Garner Construction Services LLC
- McWilliams Renovations2304 Longcrest Avenue
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania 15102
- McWilliams Renovations
- Redrock Fence Inc2824 Lincoln Wy
White Oak, Pennsylvania 15131
- Redrock Fence Inc
Dog fence installers that service Pittsburgh
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.