Indianapolis area electricians discuss how to choose light fixtures and light bulbs, what problems to avoid and who to hire to install new lighting.
Find top lamp repair service in Pittsburgh, PA
There are 8 top-rated lamp repair service in your area and 3 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Lamp Repair Reviews in Pittsburgh
- KaBone EnterprisesTJ & Jimmy are an outstanding crew. If you’re looking for an excavation contractor, call these guys. They communicate really well, do super work, really fair price, and are just all around nice guys. They took my backyard from a mess of mud, holes, and rubble to what’s about to be a sweet lawn! Highly recommend
- KANGAROO PLUMBING INCThis is the third time I have hired Kangaroo Plumbing. ?The first time was a minor repair in a prior home; the second time I had Kangaroo replace two antique (read 1920) toilets, tear out an old basement sink and install a new one across the basement and next to my washer/dryer; and put in a new intake line from the street; and repair broken exterior faucets on the house. ?In every case, John, the owner, was thorough, completed the work in a timely manner, and delivered as promised. ? In the most recent job, I had been getting water in my basement almost from the day I purchased it. ?I had several people come and look at the problem, and no one could figure out where it was coming from--it was 'just ground water' or 'an old house' and I was going to have to deal with it. ?When John was doing the other work on my house, he offered to take a look at it, and at first, he couldn't figure it out, but instead of just charging me and walking away, he stayed several hours, running water through gutters, trying various things, until he figured it out--proudly pointing to water running in by basement on a dry summer day. ? John dug up my concrete basement floor, replaced all of the broken gutter drain pipes that were the cause of the problem and in the process noticed that the drain pipes were on the wrong side of the back-up valve, which was old and needed to be replaced as well. ?He actually identified an inexpensive and non-invasive 'workaround' for both that was nothing short of ingenious, practically cost me nothing, and solved that problem in what was actually a pretty elegant way. Since then, we have had many, many rain storms and I have not had a drop of water in the basement. ?Almost as importantly, his service was impeccable throughout. ?He left the basement cleaner than he found it and followed up after the rainstorm on his own to see if there was any water. ?Everything was done to code--he is an experienced plumber and one that I will rely on long into the future. Highly Highly Recommend
- Pittsburgh Plating & Lamp Svc Coservice was performed promptly and work was high quality. Only grump what that they promised to call when work was completed but failed to do so. But the work was done on time.
- Pittsburgh Plating & Lamp Svc CoOne of the sockets in an old lamp stopped working, and because it's one of a set and of better quality than what is available in the stores, I needed a repair job. I dropped the lamp off on a Thursday and it was ready to pick up on Saturday. The location is in Etna on Route 8, but there is plenty of parking so access is easy. The only draw back for some people might be the limited hours....4 to 7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 10 to 4 on Saturday, but those hours worked for me
- TYPHOON LIGHTINGI have a beautiful lamp which has always given me trouble. It's a three-way lamp, but it never worked on the highest wattage. I had it repaired once, but the repair did nothing to help. I finally decided to try, again. I took the lamp to Typhoon. I was immediately impressed because (and don't laugh) they have their very own little parking lot. They're on a street that's never easy to park on, so that made me happy. I was told the repair would be $40. That also pleased me because I thought it would be more than that. They gave me a ticket and said they'd call when the lamp was ready. I got a call the very next day that the lamp had been fixed! I had expected to wait at least a week. When i went to pick up the lamp, the charge was less than I had been told the cost would be. The lamp now works perfectly. I know I'm supposed to say exactly what was done to the lamp, but I'm not clear on exactly what it was. They told me, but I've forgotten. In any case they replaced something. Oh, I remember: it was the socket. Their store is very nice. I didn't need another light fixture, but I was impressed by the lovely and unusual lamps I saw there. The staff was very friendly and warm
- Pittsburgh Gas Grill & HeaterThey replaced the broken parts, installed a new light, and fixed the flow of the gas to the burners which kept blowing out in strong winds. Their customer service was excellent!
- Pittsburgh Plating & Lamp Svc CoWe brought the lamps in just before the family arrives for the holiday and they were repaired as promised in three days. The staff was friendly and professional. Great experience highly recommend.
- LIGHTING BY ERIK INCThe repairman exceeded my expectations by completing the repair so quickly, despite the fact that I had come in initially without an appointment. He was very polite, professional, and knowledgeable, and his promptness greatly shortened the time we had to spend ''in the dark.''
- Pittsburgh Plating & Lamp Svc CoVery reasonable cost and great quality. Dropped off on Saturday and was ready for pick up the next Saturday.
- TYPHOON LIGHTINGHad a broken crystal lamp that needed put together. They did the impossible and figured out how to put it together. The glue didn't hold, and I took it back and they made it right. They were great to work with and will definitely go back.
Last update on June 5, 2021
Lamp Repair Service in Pittsburgh
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lamp repair service articles
Installing a dimmer switch is as easy as installing a regular light switch. Learn how to wire a dimmer switch and when a wall dimmer switch won't work out.
Lighting is often overlooked, but one of the quick changes that can transform a room. An interior decorator shares lighting tips to light up your room.
Find lamp repair shops in
lamp repair shops in Pittsburgh
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 3 Point Group2101 Moredale St
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15210
- CrownHandyman4935 Hatfield St
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15201
- Handyman-D205 summit dr
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15238
- HENRY BAKKILA CUSTOM STAINED GLASS501 BROOKDALE DR
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15215
- King Electric5300 Perrysville Rd
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15229
- LIGHTING BY ERIK INC3109 W LIBERTY AVE
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15216
- Pittsburgh Plating & Lamp Svc Co597 Butler St
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15223
- ROLLIERS HARDWARE600 WASHINGTON RD
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15228
- TYPHOON LIGHTING1130 S BRADDOCK AVE
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15218
- WILLIAMS STAINED GLASS1115 CASTLE SHANNON BLVD
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15234
- 3 Point Group
- Arista Electrical & Tech Services LLC177 Druid Dr
McMurray, Pennsylvania 15317
- Arista Electrical & Tech Services LLC
- BANKS ELECTRIC INC2540 NORTHVIEW DR
IRWIN, Pennsylvania 15642
- BANKS ELECTRIC INC
- DAN THE HANDYMAN919 RANDOLPH AVE.
East Butler, Pennsylvania 16029
- DAN THE HANDYMAN
- J K Handyman LLC 1307 William St
Mc Kees Rocks, Pennsylvania 15136
- J K Handyman LLC
- Larry HalversonPO Box 276
Claysville, Pennsylvania 15323
- Larry Halverson