Home appraisals can come in low, even during an ultra-hot real estate market. Here’s what to do when a home appraisal is lower than expected.
Get matched with top antique appraisers in New Orleans, LA
There are 2 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in New Orleans
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTSI've had jewelry appraised while I waited and it was fascinating to see exactly what each piece was and chat with Ira. He even cleaned my jewelry for me while I waited.
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTSI was only in town for the weekend and Ira agreed to meet me on Sunday. I had quite a few pieces that were handed down to us by family and we needed values and insurance paperwork. He let me know which pieces were worth appraising and which were not. Ira was very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. I enjoyed working with him and already have plans to take a few more pieces to him next week
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTSEverything went well. The appraiser thoroughly assessed the pieces I brought and gave me an excellent deal.
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTSMr. Savoie was a pleasure to work with. I called on a Friday and was able to schedule an appointment for Saturday afternoon. He was very thorough in his appraisal and explained the process very clearly. He is very friendly and knows the gem industry very well. He recommended an insurance company with a local agent. I highly recommend Mr. Savoie and I will return to him for future needs
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTSIra completed an appraisal on my new engagement ring. I called the day before and was lucky enough to get in for an appointment the following day. Ira took his time and was very informative and helpful. He was very professional, but yet very friendly. He described in detail exactly what I had and what it was worth. He provided two copies of the documents, one for my records and one for the insurance company in addition to a photograph of my ring. It was a new ring and luckily I had him look at it when I did as he pointed out that one of the diamonds was not set correctly. The flawed setting is difficult to see to the naked eye and if he had not informed me there is a good chance I would have lost it. Although I could not get the repair done at his shop, he had provided recommendations for locations that could do the repair per my request. Overall, I would recommend Ira to anyone looking for a fair appraisal to someone who truly knows the business
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTSHis approach was very professional, and his vast knowledge was obvious when speaking with him regarding the appraisals. I feel very confident in his appraisals, and his honesty of informing me which pieces were not valuable, and therefore not worth appraising. I have spread the word to my friends about his services, and will definitely take my business to him in the future
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTSI purchased an expensive ring on Ebay and had three days to decide whether to keep it or not. Ira recognized the timeliness of the matter and took me right in. He was very forthright from the beginning by telling me he would tell me the truth no matter how brutal it might be. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. The ring was not quite up to the specs I had purchased, but it was close. Ira pointed out the flaws and gave me a fair and honest appraisal. His documentation and paperwork on all three pieces were thorough and professional. He offered advice on care and insurance. I honestly believe he knows his craft and more importantly enjoys what he does. Ira is a good man. His assistant, whose name escapes me, could not have been more polite and accommodating as well
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTSI met with Ira at his office and he went through all of the jewelry pieces that I brought with me. He advised me which pieces he thought should be appraised and which he thought probably weren't worth enough to insure. I left the jewelry with him after he completed a full inventory and gave me a receipt. He told me that he would start work the next day, but then would be out of town, so would not complete the work until the following Monday. On Monday he called to tell me that he had one more valuation to get from a source and that the work would be completed by 5 PM that afternoon. I decided that I would rather meet with him the following morning. I met with him the following morning, as scheduled, and he first gave me the total appraisal value, which I was not prepared for, and then he went through each individual piece and gave me its valuation. He took pictures of each piece and had a valuation sheet for each piece. He made two copies of the documentation and pictures, one for me and one for my insurance company. Then he boxed everything up and gave it to me and then walked me to my car. I was very pleased with his service and wouldn't hesitate to use his services again and I would certainly recommend him to a friend
Last update on September 24, 2015
Jewelry Appraisers in New Orleans
Explore our Solution Center for helpful jewelry appraiser articles
Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or refinance, you’ll need a good home appraiser. We’ll show you what to look for when hiring a home appraiser.
Find antique appraisers in
- Belle Chasse,
- Bridge City,
- River Ridge,
- Saint Bernard,
- Jean Lafitte,
antique appraisers in New Orleans
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Global Gold and Silver7 W 45th St Ste # 1200
New York, New York 10036
- Global Gold and Silver
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers7853 Gunn Hwy. #189
Tampa, Florida 33626
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers
- New England Appraisers Assoc6973 Crestridge Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
- New England Appraisers Assoc
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTS804 N CAUSEWAY BLVD STE E
Metairie, Louisiana 70001
- SAVOIE FINE JEWELRY APPRAISERS & CONSULTANTS