Fireplaces boost your home’s coziness factor, but they produce soot, which can cause black stains on your fireplace and hearth. Follow this step-by-step guide to clean soot from your fireplace yourself, plus get professional fireplace cleaning costs.
Get matched with top chimney sweeps in Modesto, CA
There are 3 highly-rated local chimney sweeps.
Recent Chimney Sweep Reviews in Modesto
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceHe patiently answered all my dumb questions. He was nice and friendly, but professional. I will hire him again in a couple of years to come out and clean the chimney.
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceWe cannot do the work right now but it is nice to know what needs to be done. He was friendly, a hard worker and explained everything well. We are very happy with the work that was performed.
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceFor chimney sweep, yes, I used Mike's Mobile Screen and Chimney Service. The cost approximately was 150. They were very good. We were able to get an appointment within a couple of days of me calling them. It was exactly as they described it. They came out, they did it and they cleaned it. I was actually impressed with how un-invasive the cleaning was actually. They cut down weeds and I didn't have to move a lot of stuff. They were very good. I actually wasn't even home when they were here. I am going with what my husband was saying. We were happy with them
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceThe service was great. The technician was friendly and very thorough. I was amazed that I received a call before my appointment to let me know that the technician was going to be late since he was experiencing personal car trouble. Once the technician arrived at my home, he started right away. He performed a visual examination on everything. The cap of the chimney, the damper, and everything in between. Next came the cleaning. The technician placed a drop cloth on our rug to prevent any debris from landing on it. Then vacuuming and brushing. Once that was complete, he removed the equipment from the living room very quickly. There was really no down time with his performance. At every stage of the process, the technician kept me abreast on what he was doing and where he had to go. Finally, the technician sat down with me to go over all his findings. Our chimney cap was not secured properly, the damper was not in correct working order, and we have slight water damage at the very top of the chimney where the cap would rest. After reviewing the findings, the technician offered to secure the chimney cap, and get the damper back into working order. There was an additional cost of $30 for this extra work but I was willing to pay for it. Once the additional services were complete, I paid with my credit card and received a copy of inspection. Our inspection took a little over an hour to complete
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceDrew, from Mike's Mobile did an outstanding job of cleaning, inspecting and repairing my fireplace. On both visits, Drew was courteous, respectful and efficient in his work. After the cleaning and inspection, he provided me with a detailed list of issues and an estimated cost of repair. He took the time to explain the "cause and effect" of the problems and helped me prioritize the repair list (I am a senior on a budget). At no time, was I pressured to have the work done and I advised Drew I would have to study my budget before scheduling any work. I was not only impressed with Drew's work but also with the fact that this company does the work as scheduled, informs you of problems and does NOT pressure you in any way to have the repair work done. There's NO high pressure sales, just superior workmanship and outstanding customer service! After analyzing my budget, I spoke with Mike (the owner) he personally and he assured me that they do everything possible to come as close to their repair estimation as possible. And indeed they do!! I would NOT hesitate to recommend Mike's Mobile Screen and Chimney service to anyone! My personal opinion is that this is a company who places customer service, quality work and honesty and integrity at the top of their list. They have gained my trust, confidence and loyalty
- Gary Dias Pro Chimney ServiceGary's service was wonderful. He was communicative, punctual, and his work ridiculously neat/clean for any job, let alone something as naturally dirty as soot and creosote removal. Gary was able to show us unsafe cracks in our chimney's interior, which helped us decide to install a gas insert and protected us from lighting what could have been a dangerous wood fire. Terrific job, very happy
- Gary Dias Pro Chimney ServiceGARY DID A GREAT JOB AND WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL! HE DID NOT PERFORM ANY WORK THAT WAS NOT NEEDED! I WILL ASK GARY TO RETURN NEXT YEAR TO CLEAN MY CHIMNEY!
- McDonald Chimney ServiceThe technician arrived on the appointment date and even at the exact time of the appointment. The fireplace was cleaned very professionally and the fireplace inspection was very detailed. I was truly impressed with the knowledge he gave me and pointed out possible repairs need in the future. I was also impressed with the detailed written inspection report and that this data will be placed in their database. I was told that I will receive a phone call in the Spring to set up an appointment for a free fireplace inspection to ensure the integrity of the fireplace is still operating satisfactorily and to ensure compliance with fire safety codes
- CALIFORNIA CHIMNEY SWEEPCALIFORNIA CHIMNEY SWEEP RETURNED ALL CALLS AND WAS ON TIME WHEN THEY CAME OUT. THE GENTELMAN INSPECTED THE CRACK IN THE CHIMNEY AND SAIDS IT WAS FINE. AFTER THE CHIMNEY WAS CLEANED THERE WAS NO MESS LEFT FOR US TO CLEAN UP.
- A to Z Chimney ServicesThe service went fine. They did exactly what the deal had stated. They were prompt and courteous. They were great with the clean up afterwards. The scheduling was fine, as well.
Chimney Sweeps in Modesto
- Business Description:D & R is a construction company that specializes in chimney inspection and cleaning, repair, and fireplace insert installation (gas, wood, and pellet devices). We install, repair and upgrade fire burning devices. We also reline masonry and metal chimneys. After installation we send a digital report of our finding. We provide nationally certified inspections and cleaning by technicians licensed by the Chimney Safety Institute of America.Recent Review:Very courteous , on time and professionalTracy W.
- Business Description:With over 6 years of experience ,Fast Fix Sliding Door Repair is committed to excellence every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests and make their concerns the basis of our business. Call us todayRecent Review:It was great I was truly satisfied with the customer service and the performance this company didkeyontae b.
- Business Description:Expert Chimney & Fireplace Care I have been providing professional chimney & fireplace inspections, cleaning & repairs since 1994 to thousands of satisfied customers. Our service area includes Stanislaus, Merced & most of San Joaquin CountiesRecent Review:Gary's service was wonderful. He was communicative, punctual, and his work ridiculously neat/clean for any job, let alone something as naturally dirty as soot and creosote removal. Gary was able to show us unsafe cracks in our chimney's interior, which helped us decide to install a gas insert and protected us from lighting what could have been a dangerous wood fire. Terrific job, very happyShannon S.
- Business Description:Along with solar, heating and air conditioning installation, we also supply our customers with services like air conditioner and furnace maintenance/repairs. Honey’s is also a proud Dave Lennox Premier Dealer and offer a wide range of equipment that backs our commitment to excellence and our environmental responsibility . Our business is a reflection of the people we serve. We set out to do things differently. We looked outside our industry for inspiration, to companies that offer not only ex..Recent Review:Great customer service. Very helpful. Extremely affordable.lilia c.
- Business Description:Mike’s Mobile Screens has been serving the California Central Valley & Bay Area since 2002. We have established ourselves as a reputable company offering the highest quality in products, workmanship & professionalism in our trade. Our dedicated staff comes out to your home or business to give you a custom fit & professional installation for any screen application. As an independent dealer for all of our screen doors & components we constantly compare new additions to the market for the highes..Recent Review:Never showed as committed, no call either.Deborah M.
- Business Description:We are family owned and operated. Since 1989. We guarantee absolutely a mess-free environment. We provide a superb job at reasonable rates. We have the most modern equipment in the business and we provide a written report to our customers on every single job, big or smallRecent Review:At the end of last year I bought a wood-burning stove insert from Rick McDonald, who owns this business. I paid in full for the stove ($3660.91), leaving a balance of $1029.31 for labor and parts, which was to be paid after the installation was complete. Problems arose during the installation: 1) Rick didn't tell me the stove needed an electrical outlet to work. 2) Rick's workers broke my fireplace hearth by dropping the stove on it. These things made it necessary for Rick's workers to make three visits before the installation was complete. Each time his workers (his sons Tim and Ben) had to reschedule, they requested that I pay the full balance ($1029.31). THIS IS ILLEGAL. I explained that my husband and I have a policy that we don't pay the full amount until the job is finished. Each time I refused they became vindictive or abusive, threatening to take the stove away (although I'd already paid for it), threatening to install it improperly, refusing to do the paperwork for my rebate, refusing to take my credit card, and adding extra unauthorized charges to my bill. Although none of the difficulties were my fault, Rick yelled at me, calling me "the worst customer he ever had in 35 years". When I first dealt with them, he and his son Tim were very polite and knowledgeable. I was shocked to find them acting so unprofessionally when problems arose. Eventually everything was sorted out, but dealing with them was an exhausting ordeal. I had to threaten a bad review, complain to Mastercard, check with the state regarding the legality of contractors asking for full payment before the job is complete. It was the worst experience with workmen I've ever had, and I've hired a lot of them. I don't think they'd have been so abusive if I were a man. On their last visit I had my husband come from out of town to provide support. I really wouldn't hire these guysSCOTT A.
- Business Description:We are an owner operated family run business,serving the area for over 12 years. All fireplace and dryer vent cleanings are always performed by the owner and we are here year round to answer calls and provide knowledgeable answers to any questions you may have. We accept checks or cash and can bill escrow accounts and out of town property owners. And of course a senior discount
- Business Description:Brick House Masonry and Concrete Designs is a small family owned and ran company in California's beautiful Central Valley. We will design and build any project you can dream up!! Our company will never have hidden fees or any type of trip charges. We offer free estimates, free consultations, seven days a week. Call us any day, we are open and working every Sunday for your convenience. Brick House Masonry and Concrete Designs will strive to be the hardest working, safest company you ever dealt..
- Business Description:Stockton Ace Hardware is a locally owned Ace Hardware Store that has served Stockton and the surrounding area for more than 30 years. In addition to the items that you would expect a hardware store we fix stuff! If you can't fix it, we'll fix it, either at the store, or at your homeRecent Review:Bid was fair but we decided to wait to do the project in the future.Carolyn G.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated since 1999. Wayne has a background in heating and sheet metal and has been in the solid fuels industry since 1984, has been active in the state and national guilds and has held most of the industry certifications as the industry matured. He has designed and taught courses in chimney repair and gas service technology. He is currently a California State licensed contractor
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney sweep articles
Your chimney sweep may not wear a top hat and dance on the ceiling, but they will keep your home safe by providing chimney inspections and cleanings. Follow these steps to learn how to hire a qualified and trusted chimney sweep in your town.
Counting down the days until fireplace season? As a responsible fireplace owner, hiring a chimney sweep is your first step to a safe and cozy home. Check out the yearly prices for chimney cleanings, inspections, and common repairs.
Find chimney sweeps in
- French Camp
chimney sweeps in Modesto
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Clean Sweep Chimney Service1241 Champ Avenue
- A Clean Sweep Chimney Service
- Brick House Masonry and Concrete Designs1562 Clotilde Court
- Brick House Masonry and Concrete Designs
- D & R ConstructionP.O. Box 495
- D & R Construction
- Honey's Air & Solar501 Bitritto Way
- Honey's Air & Solar
- Professional Chimney & Venting Services1258 Sweet Pea Dr.
- Professional Chimney & Venting Services