Most phone repairs come from water damage from slipping out of a pocket into the toilet or a pool. To save your phone, pluck it out quickly and don’t turn it on. Get more tips for increasing the chances of your phone surviving its dip.
Get matched with top phone companies in Milwaukee, WI
There are 1 highly-rated local phone companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Phone Company Reviews in Milwaukee
- VONAGEThe process was very easy. Ordered our primary number to be tranferred from SBC to Vonage online. The process took about 15 min online. The phone adapter arrived 3 days later with a temporary number. Vonage did all the work with SBC to transfer the existing number. Voice mail is email enabled to it will notify you of vm via email or deliver vm to email via a wave file. No additional charges for unlisted. Very easy to use for someone with basic computer skills at 1/2 the price of SBC
- INFINITY TELECOMM/DING-A-LING TELEPHONESThey did a good job and the phones are in excellent condition. They told when they would come and what it would be the cost approximately. They cleaned up after they finished. It was good service.
- CENTURYTELThey are a decent company to do business with, and the lesser of two evils where I live. I have two issues with their internet service. Although it's listed as an option, I cannot access e-mails on line once they have been downloaded at home. I've marked "leave messages on the server for (2) days" several times on the CenturyTel website and the preference will not save (although all other preferences are noted and work) (and yes, I've changed the preferences in outlook too. I've managed this simple request on work, another personal account, etc., without problems, so while I'm not terribly technically savvy, I'm at least smart enough to understand that this is a CenturyTel issue and not me). Therefore, if I see something at home, but am accessing my e-mails on the road later, I cannot see anything which I'd previously read at home (or, if I've stupidly not turned off my computer at home, I cannot access a single e-mail through this account all day). Also, the on-line e-mail access seems to have issues at least once a day for up to an hour. Highly inconvenient. I've had to call a few times regarding other issues (mostly user error) and have received very helpful and kind help on the phone. Now when I have an hour or so to sit on hold, I'll have to call and ask why these problems occur. The telephone service has been flawless. CenturyTel, like most providers, offers a price break if you have all services through them, they do also offer dish or cable (not sure which, the local channels are fine for my needs)
- SBC/AT&TI purchased one of the "slower" internet services, but it works great for my needs. I purchased a wireless router that came with a rebate (which took about 6 months to get). I haven't had any problems with the service, and was able to set it up myself with some phone tech support.
- SBCTHE INSTALLER WAS GOOD, BUT THE PRICES ARE ALWAYS HIGH WITH SBC. IF YOU CAN SELECT A COMPETITOR I WOULD.
- SBCBAD, BAD, BAD. WHEN I CALLED TO SET UP SERVICE, THEIR VOICE MAIL SAID TO APPLY ON-LINE FOR FASTER SERVICE, SO I DID. THE SITE SAID THEY WOULD CONNECT NEW SERVICE ON FRIDAY AND THAT THEY WOULD SEND A FOLLOW UP E-MAIL TO CONFIRM THE INSTALLATION. FRIDAY CAME AND WENT, NO E-MAIL AND NO INSTALLATION. MY HUSBAND CALLED TO INQUIRE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAD US DOWN FOR A MONDAY INSTALLATION AND THAT ONE OF US WOULD HAVE TO BE THERE. IF MY HUSBAND HAD NOT CALLED, WE WOULD NEVER HAVE KNOWN TO BE THERE. THE OPERATOR THEN TOLD MY HUSBAND THAT WE MADE THE MISTAKE BY ORDERING SERVICE ON LINE AND THAT SHE WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE SOMETHING SO IMPORTANT OVER THE INTERNET. THE OPERATOR ALSO REFUSED TO TRANSFER MY HUSBAND TO A SUPERVISOR, THEN THEY HAD THE GALL TO ASK IF MY HUSBAND WAS HAPPY WITH SBC'S SERVICE. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO INSTALL SERVICE TODAY, BUT WE'LL SEE... WE WILL BE SWITCHING SERVICE, ONCE THE LINES ARE FINALLY TURNED ON
- MCLEOD USAWOULD PUT ME ON ETERNITY HOLD. NEVER RETURNED CALLS, EVEN WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD. WERE 3 WEEKS LATE INSTALLING NEW SERVICE.
- EARTHLINKIf you are going to get this product you must only have one phone and it has to be connected to the computer. All other phones throughout your home will not work, that is the part that I did not know. They did not tell me that other phones would not work, I could dial out, but could not have any incoming calls. They are holding my number and won't release it. If you end up getting True voice and you decide you no longer want it, they can hold your number up to 45 days
- INFINITY TELECOMM/DING-A-LING TELEPHONESI purchased new phones for our home in March of 2011 at the recommendation of a Ding-A-Ling salesman. The phones that they sold me were essentially an entire phone system for a business, NOT for individual home use. And of course this business phone system was extremely expensive. My family soon discovered that we could not figure out the phone system, even after we called in a specialist to configure it to home use. The specialist was very nice, but even he could not resolve the problem....its like putting a circle in a square peg. And no we are not elderly people who just can't figure it out, we have 2 children in grad school and a college student and even they were extremely frustrated with the phones. After 10 weeks of pulling our hair out over this new phone system, I gave up and decided to bring the phones back for store credit so we could purchase a more appropriate phone system (the phone system we should have been sold in the first place instead of an overly expensive phone system that was meant for a commercial business). Well this is when I really became fed up with Ding-A-Ling. I explained the problem and that I would like store credit, not a refund. A very angry little man refused to give me store credit despite the fact that I had all the warranty papers, the original receipt and one original box for the two phones. So not only was I sold a phone system that Ding-A-Ling should have never sold me just so they could squeeze an extra buck out of me, but they refused to give me store credit--a fair compromise for selling me the wrong phones that DO NOT WORK. I calmly tried to explain our plight but this angry man was having none of it---some customer service! So beware customers, the ding-a-lings over at Ding-A-Ling will try and sell you something you do not need and will not honor a store credit once you discover how they pulled the wool over your eyes. I will not be going back and neither should you
- THE NEIGHBORHOODTHE WHOLE BUSINESS WAS AWFUL, I WOULD NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN. THEY MADE PROMISE AFTER PROMISE BUT DID NOT DELIVER.
Last update on June 21, 2011
Landline Phone Service in Milwaukee
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful phone company articles
Use this cost guide to learn what you can expect to pay for a phone jack installation. The cost depends on labor rates, the intricacy of the wiring, and wall access.
Do you still need a landline? There are certain instances where you may still reap the benefits of having a landline, but alternatives are usually cheaper.
Find phone companies in
- West Milwaukee,
- West Allis,
- Whitefish Bay,
- River Hills,
- Brown Deer,
- Elm Grove,
- Fox Point,
- Saint Francis,
- New Berlin,
- Hales Corners,
- South Milwaukee,
- Menomonee Falls,
- Oak Creek,
phone companies in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- SBC722 N BROADWAY
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
- AROUND THE CLOCK CALL CTR21540 Prairie St Unit E
Chatsworth, California 91311
- AROUND THE CLOCK CALL CTR
- Elite Electrical Connections LLC3525 N 169th St
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53005
- Elite Electrical Connections LLC
- Refresh Computers820 E St Rd 434
Longwood, Florida 32750
- Refresh Computers
- Vetstelecom255 Bailey Plantation Dr
Richmond Hill, Georgia 31324