What happens when your new barbecue won't fit in the space left by the old one? Check out how this homeowner overcame that issue in his outdoor kitchen.
Compare quotes from top antique appraisers
Get matched with top antique appraisers in Milwaukee, WI
There are 3 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Milwaukee
- SHEILA'S FINE JEWELRY SHOPI have been using Shiela's for about 2 years now for all of my jewelry needs and I will never go anywhere else. Shiela and Mike (owners) have been in the jewelry business for many years and are very knowledgeable about diamonds, gold, gemstones, etc. They are very fair in price for what you get, not only for repairs and appraisals but for sales. And they are also just great people: Very accommodating, courteous, professional, knowledgeable and treat each customer with value. If you need something ordered, even a rare diamond, they can do that, and their price will be lower than anybody else's, I can tell you that
- Barbara EashBarbara was puncutal, professional and fast. She was very curteous and knowledable appraising the antiques we wanted to value for later sale. She knew historical information and value of the antique items and told approximate age. I would recommend her and would work with her again.
- HAMILTON JEWELERSIt went extremely well. First some background. These rings were purchased from the Hamilton store in Lawrenceville, NJ These people have been in business over 100 years and have an excellent reputation. The Lawrenceville store has since been closed and the closest store is in Princeton, NJ. We now live in Milwaukee; and on our trips to the East Coast we stop in the store where they clean and inspect the rings for free. As mentioned earlier, three diamonds were loose in the setting. This repair would normally have taken 10 days to 2 weeks. But since we were not able to stay but 3 more days, Hamilton agreed to complete the work by "closing time" (5PM) on Sat 9-6-14. On Saturday, we arrived early at 4:15PM and the work was completed. The ring was sparkling clean and beautifully polished. But there's more. Hamilton's service is "over the top". Now, the engagement ring (that did not require repair) although clean, looked dull next to the wedding ring. But at our request, they polished the engagement ring on the spot and at no additional charge. The two rings now look beautiful together. We were on our way in less than 30 minutes. We gave them a "C" on professionalism only because of an annoying practice of theirs to quiz customers as to how much they paid for their jewelry. And this quiz is conducted within earshot of the public. They need to devise a better way to get this information. Plus we don't understand why they need it. In any case, because of their "over the top" service our respect for them has been renewed. We give them an "A". They earned it
- Derzon Coins & JewelryShe explained the process she was using to assess the quality of the sterling, and explained how she knew what was sterling but underweight (90% or European) or was silverplate. She weighed each item with care and then provided us with a check on the spot.
- HOMANS GOLDSMITH DIRECTTeresa is very knowledgeable jeweler and helped us out a great deal with this appraisal even staying later than hours posted. Thank you again, Homan's Goldsmith Direct!
- Derzon Coins & JewelryThe staff at Derzon's got to me pretty quickly. I just showed up with a bucket of old coins that my grandmother had left to my family when she died. The lady who helped us was SUPER fast; she just flipped through the coins one by one and could tell us whether it was worth it for us to sell it, to "spend it" (not worth more than face value), or to "give it to any kids we knew!" (not worth what Grandma paid for it; memorial coins, etc). We had a stack of Indian Head pennies and she checked them more carefully, looking for rare ones, just in case we had one and didn't recognize it. We also had gold coins and she paid us the fair market value for the gold in the coin, as well as the silver content of older American coins. They purchase foreign coin by the pound (I don't think they specialize in rare/antique foreign coin) and I had some old foreign coins, so I just brought them home so my husband could add them to his small coin collection. I left in less than 30 minutes with a big check! Super easy and fast
- Barbara EashBarbara was excellent! She was thorough but quick. I didn't think that she would get thru all the items in the time I planned for but she did. The information she gave us (giving approximate time periods, etc) was interesting and some items ended up being worth more than I anticipated. It gave me a good idea on the value of items I plan to sell and a value for the items I plan to pass on to my children. I would definitely use Barbara again
- HOMANS GOLDSMITH DIRECTI brought in multiple pieces of jewlery for insurance appraisal as well as pieces that needed repair, many of them quite old. They immediately discussed each individual piece with me, giving me information regarding appraisals and options for repairs. I was most impressed with the thoroughness of knowledge both possessed regarding types of older jewlery. They really knew their stuff. In addition, they were very honest about what repairing would entail and whether or not repair was even possible given the condition of a piece and the metals used in construction. They were also honest about the appraisals and, if the various gems were more difficult to identify, the need to send them out for more expert identification so as to make the appraisal as accurate as possible. They were prompt in delivery of service within the time frame they promised. The prices, given the services performed, were very reasonable. I will absolutely use their services again and would put them at the top of my list if I want to buy any jewelry in the future
- The GoldFatherHe is the best in giving the true value of your possession like gold. He comes to your place and does the appraisal in an honest way. We definitely trust him so much and will certainly use his services again in the future.
- THE JEWLERY CENTERThe store seemed very busy but everone was served in a timely and professional manner. The service was provided within their time estimate. The appraisals were explained to my satisfaction. Overall, this was a good experience.
Jewelry Appraisers in Milwaukee
- Business Description:We are a national appraisal association of 300 members. We appraise antiques and art. Some members are dealers and gallery owners but all of us are anxious to serve you. Check our websites http://www.newenglandappraisers.org (click) "Find an Appraiser" for names and phone numbers of our membersRecent Review:Great! Patricia arrived at my home at appointed time and was very professional .Dolores C.
- Business Description:Specialize in everything RUGS. We work with all types of rugs; rug cleaning, repair & restoration, buying/selling/trading rugs, rug appraisals, antique rugs, stairway rug installation, rug hanging, etc.Recent Review:Definitely cleaned the rug and enhanced the color. Pet urine stains could not be removed, but the rug no longer smelled like urine, which was much appreciated!Liza D.
- Business Description:Johnson, Inc. (a Numismatics co.), Nationally known, specializes in Coins, Currency, and Gold & Silver bullion items. We have two categories of service: Online Face to Face personalized service or In-Home for Florida residents. Estate acquisitions and trusts is our specialty. Our ONLINE APPRAISAL Service allows your items and our specialty to meet face to face regardless of distance. We back all our services up with your guaranteed satisfaction! Call or schedule your services todayRecent Review:VERY pleasant! Jewelry was appraised, check was issued (later deposited and cleared), and hospitality was a plus.Ed S.
- Business Description:Whether you're selling a diamond engagement ring, your mother’s Tiffany jewelry, Your father's Gold & Silver Coin collection, or it's time to sell a Rolex watch you no longer wear, we'll appraise your jewelry for its highest worth, then make you an offer you can’t refuse. At Global, we make selling your jewelry, diamonds and gold valuables an honest, private and free experience via free mail-in service via FedEx insured overnight shippingRecent Review:your referral is too far away. I'm in CA. They are in NYStacie D.
- Business Description:Brew City specializes in the buying and selling of antiques, collectibles, vintage toys and most items 20-30 years or older. Brew City Auctions & Estate Sales is a licensed auction company and a full service estate liquidation company, that can handle everything from start to finish. Brew City and our team of experts is the resource you need to help with your estate liquidation. We will work with you to understand your needs and offer the best possible tailored solution. Our goal is to elim..
- Business Description:Welcome to Lyle Husar Designs "One of America's Most Trusted Names in Fine Diamonds & Jewelry" ™. Lyle Husar Design is located in Brookfield, Wisconsin and provides the full-service jewelry store needs of Greater Milwaukee, Waukesha, Lake Country and Southeastern Wisconsin. Our attentive and knowledgeable customer excellence team strives to exceed your expectations and our on-site professional services include award-winning jewelry design, watch & jewelry repair, gemological services, insuran..Recent Review:I purchased a very expensive, Rado watch from them several years ago. over the years there have been a few issues which have always been taken care of at no charge, including battery replacement. Recently, a link broke. I was told there would be a fee for having it fixed, I stated I was under the impression that the watch had a lifetime guarantee. I was mistaken. They were very polite and I said to go ahead and fix the watch. When I went to pick it up, Mr. Husar came out and explained that they no longer sell that line of watches, in fact there is no one locally who does. Mr. Husar SR. who is retired, went to the effort of locating the Rado piece that was needed, having it shipped to them, and he repaired the watch, at no charge, They wanted to maintain a happy customer and they certainly have. It is very nice to see such generous, courteous customer service. I would recommend them for their honesty, fair prices, professionalism and excellent customer service! <br /STEPHEN L.
- Business Description:We are the oldest continualy producing Stained Glass Studio in Milwaukee. Established in 1903, We provide a wide range of services pertaining to Leaded Glass and Stained Glass. We restore your old masterpieces to replacing one single pane of clear glass in a divided light window--- No job is considered to small. If you have an issue with you windows please try our studio. Estimates are usually free of charge. All of our work is done in house by our staffRecent Review:.I had several potential providers look at the existing panels to see if they could be repaired. The unanimous vote was no, that new panels needed to be fabricated. Andrew's price was 2/3 of others. His workmanship was impeccable. He made the panels and then applied a multi-step patina so that the leaded would match original leading in other places in my home. The installation process was extremely meticulous and careful. He was able to remove old molding without damaging it and was able to reuse it in the installation of the new panels. Andrew is an artist and a perfectionist. I highly recommend him! <br /DAVID A.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated.Recent Review:The whole process went extremely well as described above. <br />Mary D.
- Business Description:GoldFellow® is a nationwide buyer of Gold, Silver, Platinum and Diamonds with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We have a reputation for honesty and superior customer service, having completed over 500,000 transactions. Our founder appeared on America's Money Class with Suze Orman to teach consumers how to sell gold. You can sell your unwanted gold to us using our free insured FedEx® service or by visiting one of our stores. For more information about our company or to find a l..
- Business Description:Complete solution for estate sales, home content liquidations, & appraisal services
See all 3 highly rated companies in MilwaukeeJoin Angi now
Find antique appraisers in
antique appraisers in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Derzon Coins & Jewelry2069 S 108th St
- Derzon Coins & Jewelry
- Fisher Precious Metals2151 W. Hillsboro Blvd. Suite 210
Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Fisher Precious Metals
- HOMANS GOLDSMITH DIRECT2387 S 102ND ST
- HOMANS GOLDSMITH DIRECT
- MAME'S SHOPPEN7020 Main St
- MAME'S SHOPPE
- New England Appraisers Assoc6973 Crestridge Road
- New England Appraisers Assoc
- Scott's Jewelry Shop880 North Grand Avenue Downtown Waukesha, near the 5 corners
- Sell It Now StorePO Box 425
- SHALLOW JEWELERS8919 W GREENFIELD AVE
- Shorewood Coin Shop3409 N. Oakland Ave.
- STRACK'S ANTIQUES9955 W Forest Home ave
Hales Corners, Wisconsin
- Scott's Jewelry Shop
- We Bay Auctions,LLC5029 West Howard
- We Bay Auctions,LLC