Home appraisals can come in low, even during an ultra-hot real estate market. Here’s what to do when a home appraisal is lower than expected.
Get matched with top antique appraisers in Milwaukee, WI
There are 3 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Milwaukee
- SHEILA'S FINE JEWELRY SHOPI have been using Shiela's for about 2 years now for all of my jewelry needs and I will never go anywhere else. Shiela and Mike (owners) have been in the jewelry business for many years and are very knowledgeable about diamonds, gold, gemstones, etc. They are very fair in price for what you get, not only for repairs and appraisals but for sales. And they are also just great people: Very accommodating, courteous, professional, knowledgeable and treat each customer with value. If you need something ordered, even a rare diamond, they can do that, and their price will be lower than anybody else's, I can tell you that
- Barbara EashBarbara was knowledgeable on a wide variety of antiques and collectibles. She really maximized the value of the time she spent here. I highly recommend her, as did the person who referred her to me.
- THE JEWLERY CENTERThe store seemed very busy but everone was served in a timely and professional manner. The service was provided within their time estimate. The appraisals were explained to my satisfaction. Overall, this was a good experience.
- HOMANS GOLDSMITH DIRECTI brought in multiple pieces of jewlery for insurance appraisal as well as pieces that needed repair, many of them quite old. They immediately discussed each individual piece with me, giving me information regarding appraisals and options for repairs. I was most impressed with the thoroughness of knowledge both possessed regarding types of older jewlery. They really knew their stuff. In addition, they were very honest about what repairing would entail and whether or not repair was even possible given the condition of a piece and the metals used in construction. They were also honest about the appraisals and, if the various gems were more difficult to identify, the need to send them out for more expert identification so as to make the appraisal as accurate as possible. They were prompt in delivery of service within the time frame they promised. The prices, given the services performed, were very reasonable. I will absolutely use their services again and would put them at the top of my list if I want to buy any jewelry in the future
- Derzon Coins & JewelryWent into their store with a bin full of my late mother's jewelry to be appraised. Waited on fairly quick. Appraisal was done on the spot. I sold the jewelry that had any worth to Derzon's and got a check immediately.
- PAUL'S JEWELERS INCI called ahead about bringing in an engagement ring with wedding band to appraise. Over the phone, I was given appraisal prices of $50 for the first piece and each additional piece was $20. The owner spoke with me and said she would count the ring set as one piece. I decided to bring in several additional pieces for appraisal at the discounted price. I wanted to stay while my jewelry was appraised and it appears that's the way they do buisiness. I was invited to pull up a seat while my pieces were inspected and the jeweler/owner explained different things to me as she went along. At the end of an hour and 10 minutes, I walked out with written appraisils for my pieces that fully detailed/descriped my jewelry and, in some cases, included a hand drawn diagram. The jeweler also suggested a band for an oversized antique ring she appraised after hearing from me that I never wear it because it is too big. I bought that for $12 and she attached it before I left the store. My appointment started on time but we were interrupted several times by customers and phone calls. That is the reason I only gave a "B" on punctuality. The disruptions weren't terrible and the jeweler made it clear to the callers/customers that she only had a few minutes to answer questions before returning to my appraisal. When I first placed my call, I didn't expect to pay as much for the first appraisal, so again I gave a "B" for cost. That being said, I really have no idea what the market price is and the one other jeweler I checked with charged less but did not give the discount on subsequent pieces. I found that discount to be a good incentive. Also, I noted that I should have brought in one other piece of jewelry that I had overlooked, and the jeweler said she would give me the discount price on it if I returned. I appreciate that and plan to go back for that and to have my own wedding set sized. All in all, I felt well served
- HAMILTON JEWELERSIt went extremely well. First some background. These rings were purchased from the Hamilton store in Lawrenceville, NJ These people have been in business over 100 years and have an excellent reputation. The Lawrenceville store has since been closed and the closest store is in Princeton, NJ. We now live in Milwaukee; and on our trips to the East Coast we stop in the store where they clean and inspect the rings for free. As mentioned earlier, three diamonds were loose in the setting. This repair would normally have taken 10 days to 2 weeks. But since we were not able to stay but 3 more days, Hamilton agreed to complete the work by "closing time" (5PM) on Sat 9-6-14. On Saturday, we arrived early at 4:15PM and the work was completed. The ring was sparkling clean and beautifully polished. But there's more. Hamilton's service is "over the top". Now, the engagement ring (that did not require repair) although clean, looked dull next to the wedding ring. But at our request, they polished the engagement ring on the spot and at no additional charge. The two rings now look beautiful together. We were on our way in less than 30 minutes. We gave them a "C" on professionalism only because of an annoying practice of theirs to quiz customers as to how much they paid for their jewelry. And this quiz is conducted within earshot of the public. They need to devise a better way to get this information. Plus we don't understand why they need it. In any case, because of their "over the top" service our respect for them has been renewed. We give them an "A". They earned it
- Derzon Coins & JewelryShe explained the process she was using to assess the quality of the sterling, and explained how she knew what was sterling but underweight (90% or European) or was silverplate. She weighed each item with care and then provided us with a check on the spot.
- Barbara EashBarbara was puncutal, professional and fast. She was very curteous and knowledable appraising the antiques we wanted to value for later sale. She knew historical information and value of the antique items and told approximate age. I would recommend her and would work with her again.
- The GoldFatherHe is the best in giving the true value of your possession like gold. He comes to your place and does the appraisal in an honest way. We definitely trust him so much and will certainly use his services again in the future.
Last update on August 17, 2018
Jewelry Appraisers in Milwaukee
Explore our Solution Center for helpful jewelry appraiser articles
Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or refinance, you’ll need a good home appraiser. We’ll show you what to look for when hiring a home appraiser.
Find antique appraisers in
- West Milwaukee,
- West Allis,
- Whitefish Bay,
- River Hills,
- Brown Deer,
- Elm Grove,
- Fox Point,
- Saint Francis,
- New Berlin,
- Hales Corners,
- South Milwaukee,
- Menomonee Falls,
- Oak Creek,
antique appraisers in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Global Gold and Silver7 W 45th St Ste # 1200
New York, New York 10036
- Global Gold and Silver
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers7853 Gunn Hwy. #189
Tampa, Florida 33626
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers
- New England Appraisers Assoc6973 Crestridge Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
- New England Appraisers Assoc