If you’re reshingling your roof, you may be wondering whether you should repair or replace your skylights while you’re at it too. We’ll cover the best way to handle your skylights, along with other considerations like cost and lifespan.
Get matched with top skylight installers in Grand Rapids, MI
There are 15 highly-rated local skylight installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Skylight Installation Reviews in Grand Rapids
- Sharp Construction LLCI own multiple properties and I have had experience with the worst imaginable roofer (literally all summer to do a 2-day job which only lasted 6 years) to so-so roofers, to quality roofing. Unfortunately, you really don’t know what you have with a roof until time goes by – maybe years. I have also learned that there must a million ways to cut corners in roofing and the homeowner simply doesn’t know what they don’t know – until later…..For me, I want the job done right, to last: Quality. I can’t imagine any other parameter that matters with a roof. But how do you know? I chose Sharp to do 2 roofing jobs: including my home. I chose them because of the transferable GAF Golden Pledge Warranty ( [*** Link removed ***] ). GAF carries the warranty – not the local roofer who might be gone tomorrow. With these 2 jobs, I only had Golden Pledge roofers give me a quote. The quotes were basically all the same. Of that group, Sharp was the most responsive, in every way. In fact, I would say that Derrick bent over backwards for me to deal with wind damage/insurance on one job. That’s a great story in itself. The crews did it right by every parameter including dealing with the problems that show up when the shingles are off. That will happen too, whether you find out or not. I know that roofing can be seen as a commodity where you go for as cheap a price as possible. I’ve learned it’s not and my review is to help the next person not make the same mistakes I made in the past when I was less informed. Do it right and save yourself all the hassle from a cheapo roofer doing a lousy job. One last thing, don’t let the friendly, smooth talking of the roof salesman sell you. What you want is demonstrable, tangible quality- that’s a lasting warranty from a company that’s going to be around. They have to prove it too. Either way, you’re going to pay. Quality costs less as time goes by
- Avalon Building ConceptsAwesome. The house was built in the 1880's. Tons of character, but needed a lot of work. It was most economical to do it all at once. The guys were super hard workers, honest, and didn't cut any corners. They were proud of their work and never cut corners. They had to rebuild parts of the roof, but did it right rather than putting a bandaid on it. Larry Sidebotham supervised the project--super responsive, made it easy to understand, and was really straightforward. We had priced the project out with other companies. Avalon's price was competive. The thing that stood out for us was the quality and how they solved problems as they arose instead of just putting blinders on and cranking out the job
- Avalon Building ConceptsA price A quality B responsiveness A puncality A professional They did a good job. Jeremy was very helpful and knowledgeable. They set up ladders and got right to work in the morning. It took about two days to complete. Whenever I had a question the crew leader was accommodating and answered. Found a few nails after the fact, and it took about three weeks for them to come back and do the interior trim on the skylight. Very happy with the outcome. Looks great
- Avalon Building ConceptsThe first time they put in 2 new skylights and replaced the ones that I had. I could not be more pleased with them and they have been wonderful. I then had them come out for a second job, they did some repair work in my ceiling where I had a leak and they found it and fixed it for me. On top of fixing the ceiling and did repaired the fascia on the front of my home that had been knocked off by a tree. They also did some repair work on my roof. They are my go to company when I need work done. I have had a good relationship with this company. They fella who comes out and gives estimates is always good to work with. The leader of the work, Todd, has always been good to work with as well. The jobs that I have had done, the price has been good and fair
- Avalon Building ConceptsIt went soooooo good! These guys are the best in the business as far as we're concerned. After calling them, their rep called back and then came out the next day to look at the project, he called several times over the next week, then he had the crew that was doing the work, come out and look at the project. Then the company's owner came out to talk to us. We agreed to hire their company, made a small deposit and agreed on a start date. They could not start on the day planned due to rain, but they were here on site everyday that the weather cooperated. These guys were amazing!!! They work LONG(12 hour days) HOT HOT DAYS! And after the long day on the job they CLEANED everything up out of the yard. The team leader spoke to us about any concerns he had and advised that the plywood would would have to be replaced, he also took LOTS of pictures of each triangle he had to replace. They even came on Saturday one week because they had had two rain days that week! We just can't say enough GREAT things about this company and their crew of workers. At the end of the job, these guys felt like part of the family. We are thoroughly happy with the job they did AND the price
- Avalon Building ConceptsVery pleased with their work. They were professional and all work was competed ?to our satisfaction. Highly recommend.
- Avalon Building ConceptsThe installers (Todd & GG) did such a fantastic job on installing everything and a very through job of cleaning up, you never knew they had been there, except for the beautiful sunlight lighting up four previously dark & dreary rooms. These guys worked for two days in the snow and freezing cold, never taking a break to get the job done. The difference between Avalon and other companies is that Avalon employees are not only extremely good at what they do, they take pride in their work, which is a rarity these days. This was my third experience dealing with Avalon Building Concepts & their rep. Larry, and it certainly won?t be my last. I have a list of remodeling projects for 2016 and Avalon is the only company I will ever deal with again. You get what you pay for & these guys are the BEST
- Avalon Building ConceptsCarl and his crew did good work. They really seemed to work with us on what we wanted. Avalon was recommended by neighbors and that carried the most weight. Avalon gave us a crew that was used to working on historic house. I know that this isn't the easiest roof to do, so I really liked how you tailored the choice of the crew to the needs of the project
- Avalon Building ConceptsThey went the extra mile to make sure the skylight was leak proof and were very professional. They wanted to make sure I was satisfied with their work.
- Avalon Building ConceptsVery pleased with their work. They were professional and all work was competed to our satisfaction. Highly recommend.
Skylight Installers in Grand Rapids
- Business Description:We are a full service Building and Remodeling Company. Servicing the Grand Rapids area for 20 years.Recent Review:We are so happy with the work that Ralph did in our home. His attention to detail was amazing and the finished product exceeded all of my expectations!Candace B.
- Business Description:Since 1975 the Dennison family has been protecting, enhancing and helping to increase the value of their customer’s homes with superior workmanship and top-notch service. Over 5,000 satisfied Roofing, Gutter Topper & Seamless Gutter customers, Members of the National, State & Local Home Builders Associations, Former Executive Board Member & Current Member of the Professional Roofers Advisory Council. We specialize in using products made and manufactured in the U.S.ARecent Review:Exactly as expected. Estimate was just a few dollars different than insurance estimate. Professional presentation for estimate process. Installation crew was hard working, technically proficient and personable. Recommended Denison to many neighbors with similar hail damaged roofs. They are all pleased with the quality and workmanshipBob S.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated, our West Michigan and Grand Rapids roofing company has built a superb reputation for high-quality roof repair and roof tear-off/replacement installation work that withstands West Michigan’s roughest weather. Our team of project managers and highly trained estimators work hard to create the right solution for your home. We offer a wide range of roofing products, including lifetime shingles, impact-resistant shingles, plus metal, cedar and slate roof options. We also ..Recent Review:Outstanding work! The crew did a great job, above and beyond. Very courteous, professional and hardworking. They took great care to protect my wife’s perennials...nothing was damaged. Immaculate cleanup. Worked 12+ hours straight to get the job doneRandy B.
- Business Description:Sharp Construction is a GAF Master Elite certified contractor serving the West Michigan Community. We specialize in insurance losses; helping homeowners navigate the paperwork, mediate with adjusters, and installing Golden Pledge, lifetime warranted roof systems. Our wonderful Team, equipped with tools like roof simulators, onsite quoting capabilities, and financing options; will make the process of purchasing a new roof an exciting one! We know you will be happy to have joined the many other..Recent Review:I own multiple properties and I have had experience with the worst imaginable roofer (literally all summer to do a 2-day job which only lasted 6 years) to so-so roofers, to quality roofing. Unfortunately, you really don’t know what you have with a roof until time goes by – maybe years. I have also learned that there must a million ways to cut corners in roofing and the homeowner simply doesn’t know what they don’t know – until later…..For me, I want the job done right, to last: Quality. I can’t imagine any other parameter that matters with a roof. But how do you know? I chose Sharp to do 2 roofing jobs: including my home. I chose them because of the transferable GAF Golden Pledge Warranty ( [*** Link removed ***] ). GAF carries the warranty – not the local roofer who might be gone tomorrow. With these 2 jobs, I only had Golden Pledge roofers give me a quote. The quotes were basically all the same. Of that group, Sharp was the most responsive, in every way. In fact, I would say that Derrick bent over backwards for me to deal with wind damage/insurance on one job. That’s a great story in itself. The crews did it right by every parameter including dealing with the problems that show up when the shingles are off. That will happen too, whether you find out or not. I know that roofing can be seen as a commodity where you go for as cheap a price as possible. I’ve learned it’s not and my review is to help the next person not make the same mistakes I made in the past when I was less informed. Do it right and save yourself all the hassle from a cheapo roofer doing a lousy job. One last thing, don’t let the friendly, smooth talking of the roof salesman sell you. What you want is demonstrable, tangible quality- that’s a lasting warranty from a company that’s going to be around. They have to prove it too. Either way, you’re going to pay. Quality costs less as time goes byGreg O.
- Business Description:We are a family-owned business, providing high quality service for Roof repairs, Roof replacements and Metal roofing. We offer financing through Enerbank. We accept payment from most credit cards or by check. Please visit our website at www.wernerroofing.coRecent Review:We needed advice on a couple of estimates to replace the roof on my son's house near Boston, MA. We came across Kris Werner's excellent and comprehensive essay on the different types of shingles and roofing materials and I decided to call him to ask if he could comment on two estimates we had obtained. Mr. Werner very graciously agreed to review the estimates and comment on the pro and con of each. We are grateful for Mr. Werner's comments and for his kindness. We live in New York, but we'd definitely hire Werner Roofing if we lived in MIEsther S.
- Business Description:At Infinity Home Improvement, we make it our mission to combine excellent employees with superior products so that our customers can know that the job will be done right. This in turn lets our customers enjoy all the best life has to offer: safety, security, peace of mind, and a sense of family that will endure. That's why our expertly trained and experienced team is equipped to handle any size remodeling project from roofing jobs to siding projects and Gutter Helmet installationRecent Review:The work was spelled out well and the pricing was acceptable. The work crew was professional, polite, hard working, and they completed the work within the schedule promised. They did a good job cleaning up after themselves before leaving. Assistance in setting up financing was offered and accepted with no problems. I would hire Infinity Home Improvement againRobert J.
- Business Description:TallBoys Window Cleaning is owned and operated solely by Ben Shantz (that is, by me). I accept payment in the forms of check or cash. Referrals earn a $25 credit for both the customer doing the referring as well as the customer being referred. Restrictions applyRecent Review:One of the best experiences I've ever had with a local company. Kevin and his team did an amazing job on our siding and windows. They went above and beyond. I will definitely use them the next time we get our windows and siding cleanedAndy R.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated company that strives to service all your home improvements needs. We use the industries highest quality material and install them with the best installers in the business. With every job we do we guarantee the highest quality at the lowest priceRecent Review:Friendly yet professional. Outstanding results. Straight shooters who go above and beyond. Having my bathroom done next.William C.
- Business Description:Here at Renaissance Roofing & Exteriors, we have a reputation for customer service and quality spanning over 20 years in Grand Rapids and throughout West Michigan. We specialize in all home improvement projects - roof replacement, window replacement, siding, doors, gutters, decking, outdoor living, and interior remodeling. We understand that your home's remodeling project is unique and because of this, you need a home improvement specialist in Grand Rapids that you can trust to get the job do..Recent Review:Never called or showed for the estimatePat S.
- Business Description:Based in the heart of Grand Rapids, Montell Construction proudly offers Top Rated Roofing, Windows, Siding and Custom Additions to all of West Michigan. Family Owned and Operated, our goal is simply to surpass all of your expectations. We offer Free/No Obligation Estimates to assist you with your next Home Improvement Project. Fully Licensed and Insured matched with quality products and True Craftsmanship to provide you with the best completed projectRecent Review:Donald Perry came out and took care of it. Excellent work!Colleen R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful skylight installer articles
Adding a skylight is a home improvement that lets natural light in a room. Whether to use a pro or tackle the job depends on your experience with DIY projects.
Dormers, additions with windows protruding from a home's roof, provide a remodeling option to increase interior space for bedrooms, bathrooms and closets.
Find skylight installers in
skylight installers in Grand Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Above Roofing Inc1731 De Went Dr
- ACTION ROOFING, INC.740 TAYLOR AVE A
Grand Haven, Michigan
- AMADEUS REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION23726 S County Line Rd
Sand Lake, Michigan
- Amber Valley Construction5103 Clyde Park Ave SW
- Avalon Building Concepts5017 Division Ave S
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Above Roofing Inc
- Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers717 St. Joseph Drive, 266
Saint Joseph, Michigan
- Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers
- Infinity Home Improvement & Gutter Helmet of Michigan852 47th St SW
- Infinity Home Improvement & Gutter Helmet of Michigan
- Landis Roofing220 E Lewis St
- Landis Roofing
- New Leaf Construction LLC1251 Century SW
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- North Kent Contractors16673 Tyrone Ave
Kent City, Michigan
- Northern Lights Construction12627 144th Avenue
Grand Haven, Michigan
- Novak's Remodeling and Repair1419 W LAKEWOOD BLVD
- NYSTROM BUILDERS LLC5995 12 Mile Rd NE
- New Leaf Construction LLC