For her bathroom remodel, Angie's List member Jessica Khan found the right contractor to install an accent wall, pull-out drawers and a unique shower.
Get matched with top building architects in Fresno, CA
There are 3 highly-rated local building architects.
Matching on Angi
Recent Architect Reviews in Fresno
- ESL DesignsHad a great experience contacting David at ESL Designs. We were about to put an offer on a house, but the inspection report indicated that there could be potential foundation issues. I sent the home inspection to David, and he gave us great feedback that led us to passing on this house. He knows what he’s doing and is straight to the point. I recommend
- ESL DesignsWe are extremely happy with our decision to hire ESL Designs to generate the plans for our upcoming remodeling project at our house. We needed to have a full remodeling that included an addition at the back of the house. ESL was recommended to us by one of the contractors that we met before deciding who will do the actual remodeling. The work was done pretty fast, by a very professional team of people at the company and we are happy to recommend them to others how are looking to hire a company for construction plans
- SOD Home GroupI had an exceptional experience in this company. When you see these great reviews up here: they’re true! Oren, our contractor with SOD Home Group, proved that house construction projects don’t have to be a nightmare but can be a pleasure if you find the right person to take you through it. Our old house seriously needed a remodel, and I didn’t have any personal preferences for any contractor; I lucked out when Oren came to interview. I liked Oren’s friendly, straightforward manner, devoid of slickness or hard sell, and his experience in construction was obvious as he walked me through the process. Oren spent time in the planning stage to find out what I wanted and discussed ideas that would work with the space. This is important: he is not the designer, he is the builder and will tell you what is structurally possible. Once a plan is agreed upon, his designer Eden put everything in several designs and after this stage is approved… then the crew do the work but i selected the fixtures, tile, paint color, etc. Oren had many useful resources to help, but I had a great idea of what I wanted needed. On the business end, once I committed to the job, the contract was clear, covering a schedule of payments and stages. Oren kept me up to date with what he needed from my end and when the crew was going to show up, etc..; all the teams came on time and work diligently. What a great combination: an experienced contractor with talented people skills who wants me to be happy with the job and makes it pleasant and easy! He’s been there for my every question and issue and gets back to me right away. I’m impressed by Oren’s team, all very professional people who do excellent, clean work while treating the area with respect; there’s not one guy working in my house that I wouldn’t have back (we are all working from home because of the pandemic). I’m impressed by the beautiful work that is being done and how creative and collaborative this team is. So summarizing: I found an honest, personable, skilled contractor backed by a wonderful team of professionals who are doing what they promised. No games here. I feel supported if questions come up and absolutely admire how they do business. The prices are fair and I feel that I have good value and guidance. I’m thrilled with Oren and SOD Home Group (including the staffers at the home office) and wouldn’t go looking anywhere else for my future projects
- Stangby DesignsMy project came out even better than expected. Josh was super easy to work with and he listened to my expectations and was able to customize the infrastructure and landscaping to meet my needs and follow through with the work in a timely and cost-efficient manner. I would highly recommend his company
- Concept Design groupSigned the contract on April 4, 2021 and he handed me the plans on June 3, 2022. It took him 14 months to complete and that is not with full county approval to build. I had already paid him $31,000 and in May 2022 he stated that I would need another $20,000 to get county approval. I told him I was done and just wanted what he had. Original contract stated 3 weeks and I would have 2 plans to choose from and they could be modified. After 3 weeks he stated he needed the deed. I got it for him on the 4th day. He stated he had not started anything yet, so I told him I would like the house to be a little bigger. Add 500sq ft and include an office in 200 - 250 sq ft office in that with the rest being spread out. He presented me with a plan that was 3000+ sq ft. That was way too big and completely off from what I had asked for. I emailed him the exact instructions, drew up exactly what I wanted in the floor plan. He finally got me a workable floor plan on June 11th. Three weeks had turned into 4 months. The rest of the plans were supposed to take a couple months. He would never contact me; I always had to reach out to him to find out where we were at. There were months he never worked on it. I told him I wasn't happy with all the extra time it was taking. I told him I felt my project wasn't important to him. I even offered for him to give the money back if he did not have time for my project and I would go elsewhere. He stated he felt he was getting it done when he could and he would not refund the money. He would tell me that he would call and then didn't for several weeks. He would finally call and tell me he had to finish a couple things. He stated he would call and set up an appointment, but I wouldn't hear from him for several weeks until I reached out. The only times he would contact me would be to tell me I needed to give him money for things that he never mentioned in the beginning, $3500 for a beam plan, $1000 for Sprinkler plans, etc. I mentioned all this to him, he stated it was something I had to pay for and wasn't included in the bill for him. I stated I understood that, but why didn't he ever mention it in the beginning. He said the contract states it wouldn't cover fees and certain other things, but all I knew about was permits. He never informed me of all the extra expenses. He finally set up the outside of the house. I was not given any options of how I wanted it. Windows, doors, roofing all set and unable to change anything. I was not even given 2 different options of what I might like. It was just done. After everything, he still did not submit the plans to the County for approval until at least December, 8 months after we started when this part was supposed to only take 3 months. When he told me that I was going to have to come up with another $20,000 for plans for the Water Well and Septic Tank that are already on the property, I was done. That is when I told him I was not going to build the house here and I just wanted the plans. He finally gave me the plans, but I do not even know if they are complete. He handed me everything without any folders, tubes, nothing. $31,000 to him, $8,000 for extra expenses, $1,700 for permits and he could not even put the documents in containers to keep them from getting ruined. The edges of the plans were already messed up from the rubber bands. He now wants the final $2,800 from the estimate. No, sorry it took me so long. No, let me give you a discount of a few dollars. Just pay up. The original idea was to have them design it, and have his construction company build it, but that is definitely not happening. The topping of all this was that he knew how important getting this house done was. I lost my house in the Creek Fire (California Wild Fire). It was a devastating loss and left my son and I having to live with family. He had bigger projects and it was very apparent my house was not important enough for him to finish timely. I will never work with this company again, and I do not recommend them to anyone else
- 3D Designs By DavidOur project went great! Do not pursue your landscape dream without hiring 3D Design! My first thoughts were that my husband and I could design our own landscape & pavilion and/or use the pool contractor's design. Luckily before we moved forward we heard about David through a well known general contractor in the area. We knew a few things, It had to fulfill our needs and wants, it had to be done right and of course we wanted it to add value to our home. Well, we hired David. He listened to everything we wanted right down to the most people we would be entertaining. He assured us that after the first 3D design, he would keep working until we were 100 percent satisfied. Can you believe that David nailed it on the first try! His design was beautiful and so functional, something we could of never imagined. We took his design, passed it on to our contractors and before we knew it our back yard matched right up with David's original design. I think our contractors appreciated David as much as we did. No misdesigns, no job delays, no "I didn't know it would look like that". Our new backyard is everything we imagined and more! One of the best investments we've ever made! Thank you David! UPDATE: We've enjoyed our pool now since early spring through summer and now fall, still no design regrets! I never imagined we would be out in the pavilion every evening enjoying TV, movies and entertaining on the weekends. The kids are coming home all the time now! Haha! It has been more than what I ever expected! Tobbie Biglion
- 3D Designs By DavidDavid created our Garden of Eden quickly and efficiently. His 3D designs allowed us to see the endHe listened to our needs and wants and helped us determine the order of events and coordinate multiple contractors. I would recommend 3D Designs by David to anyone looking for a creative but realistic touch. The end result is gorgeous
- Western Landcape Development, INC.Avoid this company like the plague. Underestimated bid, does not perform promised work, intrudes into your personal life (must be entertained), Guarantee is worthless, substandard materials used, substituted items picked with inferior quality products but charged more than better quality items, the work he does will begin to fall apart after two years (do not let him shorten the statute of limitation from four years to two). Very personable but his word is worth nothing
Last update on June 8, 2022
Architects in Fresno
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful architect articles
We wondered how these futuristic houses might look if they’re drawn. What science-fiction style home design solution would you like to see become a reality?
Some roofing issues can be resolved with a simple repair, while others require a full roof replacement. One provider explains how to tell the difference.
Find building architects in
building architects in Fresno
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
Allston, Massachusetts 02134
- Arcbazar Inc
- Color Your Carpet9800 Beach Blvd
Jacksonville, Florida 32246
- Color Your Carpet
- DesignYourBasement.com7636 Pennsylvania Ct
Denver, Colorado 80229
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- Liebes Architects660 Mission St Ste 400
San Francisco, California 94105
- Liebes Architects
- Toth Construction3516 Infusion Way
Clovis, California 93619
- Toth Construction
- V-Construction1809 N Carson Ave
Clovis, California 93619
- W B E Inc1865 Herndon Ave
Clovis, California 93611
- W B E Inc