When it comes to lead paint abatement, you’ve got a lot of options. Here’s how much it costs to remove lead paint and the cost factors to consider.
Get matched with top lead abatement contractors in Boston, MA
There are 14 highly-rated local lead abatement contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Lead Paint Removal Reviews in Boston
- Northeast Lead Inspections IncTom was wonderful--we had a packed timeline as we had to move in within 3 weeks of closing; he was willing to meet us the day after closing, and then worked with our deleading company to be available for the reinspection the moment they completed their work. We're so appreciative for the promptness!
- All Out DeleadingThis is the third time I have hired Peter Larkin, and he did not disappoint! Just before leaving on a vacation of several weeks to the West, my tenant informed me that she is 20 weeks pregnant. I was certain that the 1900s 2 BR 1 BA condo we were renting to the couple had lead in it, so I obtained a lead inspection from ASAP Environmental (also excellent) and found that there was a small amount of lead in the kitchen windowsill and 2 doorjambs that needed removal. In the building common areas, there was also a small amount of lead in the basement doorjamb and wainscoting touch-up needed in the stairwell. Despite recently having experienced a death in his family, Peter was able to get our job completely done (lead paint removal and repainting), re-inspected, and in full compliance prior to my tenant's return. The job passed on the first reinspection, and the crew left everything neat and tidy. I am so grateful for his reasonable pricing and his professionalism
- Northeast Lead Inspections IncTom did an excellent job inspecting my property for lead. From the time I reached out, it took only two days for him to schedule, inspect, and deliver the reports. Highly recommend for anyone looking for lead inspections in the Boston area!
- Chilins Painting & RemodelingKevin and his crew always exceed expectations. I have had a fantastic working relationship with Kevin over the past few years. When I need to have some painting/drywall/carpentry work completed he is always one of my first calls. He is always professional, honest, fair and communicates with the customers very well. Kevin and his team comes highly recommended
- All Out DeleadingPeter is great! He was easy to work with and very responsive, and he really bent over backwards to help us out. He shuffled his schedule around to do some deleading for us on short notice, and he got it done perfectly. We called him on a Thursday, gave him the lead inspection report on the following Monday, and he was able to do the work on that Wednesday and Thursday! (Which, to be clear, was only legally possible because the unit was unoccupied. Otherwise there is a waiting period.) Although he surely could have charged a premium given the timing, his quote was more affordable than quotes from two other companies (and those companies couldn't do the work until later in the month). When the crew from All Out Deleading came to do the work, they were polite and very efficient, and Peter's brother Brian was a thoughtful and friendly supervisor. They scraped carefully and thoroughly, and they left the scraped surfaces bare and smooth with the curves and edges well preserved. Peter also instilled confidence by explaining everything well, being cautious, and not overpromising. Before taking the job, he was very careful to explain that there is always a small chance of the dust wipe test not passing after deleading work. He wanted to make sure that we had a contingency plan for where to stay if one of the wipes did not pass and his crew needed to take another day to come back and do more cleaning. Of course, the inspection and the wipes passed with no trouble, but I appreciated his care, foresight, and thoughtfulness in making sure to consider all possible outcomes that might affect us, even if they were unlikely. he also always answered the phone or called back quickly and stayed on top of any follow up. Bottom line: when we do some more deleading in a few months, we will absolutely be calling him
- Harvard Environmental ServicesGary was very professional , explained the entire process to us, good communication and price. Highly recomend.
- All Out DeleadingThanks to Peter Larkin and All Out Deleading, I was finally able to close out a long, frustrating saga of getting my lead-paint-covered, dilapidated windows replaced, along with some general deleading. Just to summarize, the work was done quickly and professionally and the windows themselves are of high quality, efficient, (Mercury Excelum EOS+) and look good, too! Peter was very responsive and communicated well throughout the process, and never fed me even an ounce of BS. You might have to remember to call him sometimes, but he's always there when you do. I thought the price was very reasonable for the scope of work (about $17k for 25 double glazed windows plus assorted exterior lead abatement, clean up etc) and was definitely lower than some others I found. If you're going crazy figuring out how to navigate Mass lead laws while also getting some actually good windows out of the process, just call Peter and he'll take care of you. Anyway, read on for the saga, if you're interested. I started the process of finding someone to replace my lead-paint-covered windows last September, and let me tell you I have learned a lot more about state lead remediation requirements than I had ever imagined I would. Let me just caution anyone in the same situation that there are two licenses/certifications that a contractor can have, a "lead safe" and an "authorized deleader," and for windows you need the latter if you want to end up with a certificate of deleading. Anyway, after drudging through the state's PDF list of contractors I ended up contacting one lead remediation firm, who strung me along for a few weeks before ghosting me by November. Then I found someone else, got a quote, took measurements, was all set before discovering they didn't have the "authorized deleader" certification, which would have prevented me from getting a certificate of deleading upon subsequent inspection. So I couldn't use them. Finally I called Peter in late February to come by and take a look by early March, which he did. Then Covid-19 happened and the world fell apart just a bit. Long story short, between waiting out the surge here in Mass and general pandemic related delays, we were back on track in the summer for taking measurements and able to order the windows. In the meantime, a crew was sent over to do some of the exterior work like wrapping the sills in aluminum. Peter's crew started the installation process literally the day after the windows arrived, which was the first week of November (storing them in my garage overnight). Be aware that you'll need to be out of the house for the duration of the work. Window delivery was a Thursday, they started work Friday, by Monday the lead inspector was back in, on Tuesday the results were back from the lab, and on Wednesday we were home. I will say that the floors were cleaner then we left them, and the windows looked great. Throughout this process, Peter either picked up the phone every time I called him, or called me back right after. He was always straight and open with me regarding when things were possible, the reason for any delays, and what potential pitfalls were. He was also extremely knowledgeable about government deleading requirements and could walk me through the details, which believe me, is something you want. And in the end when it came time to pay the final installment, there were no surprises. So if you want to save yourself a big confusing hassle and solve your lead paint problem, call Peter Larkin and let him take care of it
- Northeast Lead Inspections IncTom Cosco from Northeast Lead inspectors was excellent. He was punctual with good customer service. He recommended a contractor who did the work thoroughly and efficiently. Went above and beyond. Would absolutely hire again and recommend to anyone.
- All Out DeleadingPeter, his brother and their crew were professional, skilled and communicative. Peter graciously allowed an earlier start time although we didn’t need it in the end. He was courteous and efficient and his skilled crew finished work in a timely way. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend All Out Deleading
- All Out DeleadingPeter and his crew were superb, affordable, and I highly recommend them without hesitation. Peter was prompt, efficient, professional, flexible, and courteous throughout. Due to COVID-19, work on the exterior had to be suspended for a while, but they returned to finish the job promptly and for both the apartment and then the rest of common areas and exterior they passed the inspection on the first round. Everything was clearly spelled out and designed to minimize effort on our part and inconvenience to tenants. They have done many houses in JP over the years, including, it turned out, another property we were buying years ago. Highly recommend and would definitely use again
Last update on April 29, 2022
Lead Paint Removal Experts in Boston
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lead paint removal expert articles
New regulations for Maryland rental property owners aim to curb lead paint in homes. It's estimated that more than 300,000 units will now be affected.
Contractors play an essential role in lead paint safety, so homeowners should take the time to research and hire a pro with the proper certification. We outline how.
Find lead abatement contractors in
lead abatement contractors in Boston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A D CONSTRUCTION LLC1750 Washington St Suite B1
Boston, Massachusetts 02118
- All Out Deleading9 Shenandoah St
Boston, Massachusetts 02124
- ASAP Environmental Inc1 Arcadia St
Boston, Massachusetts 02122
- Caledonia Construction & Affordable Deleading119-121 Sydney St
Boston, Massachusetts 02125
- HEALY PAINTING AND CONTRACTING INC1773 Dorchester Ave
Boston, Massachusetts 02124
- Mass Removal & Demolition19 Wordsworth St 2
Boston, Massachusetts 02128
- Quality Services, Inc.29 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
- The House Doctors349 Marlborough St Unit 3
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
- A D CONSTRUCTION LLC
- 1ST ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRACTORS4 Boston Road
Southborough, Massachusetts 01772
- 1ST ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRACTORS
- Absolute Resource Associates124 HERITAGE AVE
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801
- ACCU-FORDABLE LEAD PAINT INSPECTION81 N MAIN ST
NORTH EASTON, Massachusetts 02356
- AirCare Environmental Services1 Colgate Way
Canton, Massachusetts 02021
- All Clean Environmental Services, Inc.1052 River St
Hyde Park, Massachusetts 02136
- Alpha Construction LLC4 Peter Parley Rd # 2
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts 02130
- Alpine Environmental Inc275 Billerica Rd Suite 2B
Chelmsford, Massachusetts 01824
- Anderson Lead Inspections45 Packard Rd
Stow, Massachusetts 01775
- Absolute Resource Associates
- Catchlight Painting93R Border St
Newton, Massachusetts 02465
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Boston65 Shawmut Rd Suite 3
Canton, Massachusetts 02021
- Clarke Painting, Inc.963 Main St.
Westbrook, Maine 04092
- Color Matters Painting, Inc.58 Stevens St
Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752
- COMMONWEALTH CONTRACTING INC146 CRESTHILL RD
Brighton, Massachusetts 02135
- Complete Property Care8 Alton Place Suite 4
Brookline, Massachusetts 02446
- COMPLETE SERVICES33 PHILOMENA AVE # B
Revere, Massachusetts 02151
- Catchlight Painting
- Paul Davis Emergencey Services Of Newton MA121 D Riverneck Rd.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts 02458
- Paul Davis Restoration / Emergency Services215 Plain St.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts 02760
- Peniel Environmental Solutions, LLC778 Elm St Ste C
Milford, New Hampshire 03055
- ProClaim Public Insurance Adjusters3423 Piedmont Rd NE STE 350
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
- Paul Davis Emergencey Services Of Newton MA
- Quality Window & Door Inc17 Cassandra Rd
East Weymouth, Massachusetts 02189
- Quality Window & Door Inc
- Ultimate Painters4 Phillips St
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Ultimate Painters
- Vision Painting & Remodeling Inc114 Antwerp St
Brighton, Massachusetts 02135
- Vision Painting & Remodeling Inc