The cost to install an electric fence depends on your yard size and how many animals you own. We’ll cover all the costs of installing an electric fence here.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Birmingham, AL
There are 4 highly-rated local dog fence installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dog Fencing Reviews in Birmingham
- Prime ManagementAfter an extensive search and interviewing 4-5 different contractors, we selected Matt of Prime Management and couldn't be happier with our decision. Start to finish, this was a 11 days process to completely gut and remodel our kitchen and make a few renovations to our den. Matt was not only the most cost effective, he managed relationships with most of the vendors including flooring, cabinets and counter-top. He also had recommendations for tile, appliances and each vendor I spoke with had nothing but terrific things to say about their relationship with Matt. Matt, his designer and the entire crew were professional, accommodating and highly skilled. Matt and crew did not flinch at our requests and frequently offered suggestions to make our ideas come to reality in an even better capacity. Matt was very responsive to texts and phone calls, and would visit our house frequently to check in on progress and inform us of next steps. I'm thrilled with our new kitchen and our new living room, and wouldn't change a thing. I highly recommend Matt and Prime Management for your next job
- Olympic FenceThey did an excellent job. My only complaint was being rescheduled a couple of times. I love my new fence.
- Prime ManagementI had to get our roof repaired ASAP because it had some holes on it due to an accident and it was announced to rain for the next few days LUCKY ME! I requested quotes off Angie's List from a few different services and Matt got back to me within 30 minutes. I told him how severe my situation was and he said although his main services weren't roofing he still had experience in it and could help me out. Matt went above and beyond honestly! His crew was on top fixing my roof the very next day and within 2 days they were done. Matt charged me a pretty competitive price but I paid it because my situation was delicate and because Matt provided one **** of a service. Thanks again Matt and to your team as well
- Prime ManagementI wanted to remodeling the kitchen and bathroom on my first floor, and a friend of mine from Pelham, AL recommended these guys to me after I saw the excellent work they did on my friend's kitchen in her co-op. They came out gave me a quote based on needed repairs and my ideas for modifications and guided me through what was possible. Throughout the project they were professional and they made the process of choosing cabinets and fixtures easy and helped me to stay within my established budget. Their finished work is very polished. All corners are plumb and surfaces level, best of all they finished the work on schedule. I highly recommend Matt and his team they exceeded my expectations
- Prime ManagementFinding a good contractor is very difficult especially when you are dealing with COVID-19. I usually get 3 bids and compare notes and go from there but sometimes it can be difficult to just obtain 3 bids, most are either too busy or don't care to call you back or forget to send you an estimate. Prime Management was not one of those companies. Matt (the owner) came just a few days after I called the office for an estimate and he answered all my questions with an estimate right on the spot. In the end, I have decided to hire Prime Management not because of their pricing (very competitive) but because they kept in touch with me and answered questions I had after the quote being sent. Do yourself a favor and hire Prime Management for your roofing needs. You won't regret it. Thank you ( Matt ) Prime Management
- Prime ManagementMatt showed up timely and inspected our roof quickly to find the source of a leak. Extremely professional and very friendly. He emailed us written documentation and a quote for the necessary repair within just 30 min. We've interacted with many other roofers and inspectors and he is by far the best in every category. We wish we'd have known about him initially. I'll be recommending prime management to every homeowner I k
- Prime ManagementWe had a really good experience with prime management. They did the entire roof and were hard at work for 2 weeks to get the job done. They discovered some wood that had rotted and added a bit more to their estimate to accommodate these repairs. They informed us ahead of time that this was a possibility. We also really liked the pictures that we received detailing progress of the house. All in all a great experience with wonderful staff and workers
- Prime ManagementMy husband & I appreciate the excellent work done by Prime Management in tearing out our old roof repairing. Had Matt come in to inspect my roof twice already, and both times, he was honest in his assessment and did not try to oversell the damages. This crew repaired my metal roof. Definitely would trust these guys to do any type of roof work
- Prime ManagementMy elderly parents are selling their condo and needed some major roof repair before putting on the market. Prime Management gave us a lower price quote than 3 other roofing services I checked into, and did an amazing job! They did an entire flat roof tear off and replacement which came out beautifully. We were extremely pleased with their work and Matt was so flexible and patient with my parents, who are definitely not the easiest to work with! Now we can't wait to put this place on the market and get ABOVE our asking price
- Prime ManagementMatt timely and took care of repairing my roof, and my neighbor's roof, quickly. He gave me a price and fixed the roof in the same day. Price was higher than I might have found with a local handyman, but I wanted it done before another storm hit and Ted was able to make that happen on the same day he gave me a quote. Timely service made it worth the extra money. Plus, he did give me a discount off the original bid. I would recommend Prime Management
Last update on August 7, 2020
Dog Fence Installers in Birmingham
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dog fence installer articles
An invisible fence is one of many options you have for keeping your beloved dog safe. Learn how it works, as well as the pros, cons, and costs.
Does your normally cool-headed dog go berzerk when they spot your neighbor’s pooch through a fence? Try these 7 tips to prevent dog fence fighting.
Find dog fence installers in
- Center Point,
- Mountain Brook,
- Vestavia Hills,
- Cahaba Heights,
- Shoal Creek,
- Pleasant Grove,
- Mount Olive,
Fence Companies in Birmingham, AL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Alabama Fence and Deck240 Commerce Pkwy
Pelham, Alabama 35124
- Alabama Fence and Deck
- J&K Fencing, Inc109 Pebble Dr
Alabaster, Alabama 35007
- J&K Fencing, Inc
- Olympic FenceP.O. Box 63
Maylene, Alabama 35114
- Olympic Fence
- Pet Playgrounds - West Haven48 Myrtle Ave
West Haven, Connecticut 06516
- Pet Playgrounds - West Haven
- Quinney Contracting38 Amber Ln
Dixons Mills, Alabama 36736
- Quinney Contracting
- Ralph Bidwell ( Handyman )1301 Meadow Ln
Mulga, Alabama 35118
- Ralph Bidwell ( Handyman )
Dog fence installers that service Birmingham
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.