How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Birmingham, AL
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Birmingham
- Kimbrough Land Surveying ServicesI called Benjamin in Early May 2021 and explained to him that I needed a survey of the property that my home sits on and wanted to have the adjoining two acres divided into two lots so that I could sell one of those lots with the sale of my home. We were to close on the home sale in Mid June. I actually sent him an email detailing the property division. He told me that it wouldn’t be a problem to have it done in time for my closing which was 6 weeks out. The week before my closing I contacted him to see what was going on. Attempted calls, but realized quickly that Benjamin rarely takes phone calls and he answers voice mails with texts or emails. He told me that he would be out that Thursday to do the survey and would have the completed document to me a couple of days before closing. He messaged me on Thursday and told me it would be Saturday. He came on that Saturday and done some of the work, but due to it raining he said he would have to come back the following week to finish. By that point My closing had been pushed back 2 weeks due to issues with the buyer, so I told him it would be no problem but I needed it as soon as possible. Two weeks later, after several messages left and emails sent, he produced the survey of the property that had the home on it the day before my closing. During that same time period he informed me that I would need to submit an application to my county planning commission to have the 2 acre lot divided and that he would provide me a preliminary plat to accompany that application. He told me that the application had to be in by a certain day in July to be on their docket for August. In the days leading up to that deadline I reached out to him to see when he would have me the plat. He told me that he would have it to me the day before the deadline. After prompting him again the day before the deadline, he got the plat to me at 5:30 pm on the day of the deadline. I immediately submitted the application. The next day I received a call from the planning commission and was told that it was one day too late for the August docket, that it would be on the September 9 docket. On September 9 the planning commission approved my preliminary plat with some minor revisions that needed to be done by the surveyor. They emailed Benjamin and myself with those revisions. After a couple of days without hearing from Benjamin, I attempted to call him with no answer. I sent him a text and email asking if he had received their email. He replied with a simple “yes”. It has now been almost 7 weeks and after promising 2 different times that he would have it completed, he still has not completed my final plat for this property. I have today left him another voicemail asking for a callback. Benjamin has been very unprofessional in breaking promises of timeframes; in not answering phone calls; not returning phone calls from voicemails left, but rather texting or emailing. Some messages were never responded to. I am a real estate professional and have opportunities to recommend many different companies for different services to my clients. I will never use nor recommend Kimbrough Land Surveying services to anyone
- Shiflett SurveyingVery well. Quick to respond. I wish there could have been more markers in place to define lines (b on quality). Office contact heather was very courteous. Also no method to make payment by charge; typically check or cash only. I was able to make arrangements to do a wire transfer though. Overall, I would hire again or recommend
- Shiflett SurveyingEverything went incredibly smooth. Never had the opportunity to meet the surveyor as I dealt with them over the phone but they were very friendly and reasonable. They initially identified they couldn't get to me for two weeks however they called back and said they had some time and the very next day were able to come out and complete the survey. Very satisfied with the service all around
- Bailey Land Group IncTim came to my lot and did a boundary survey of an odd shaped property approx 1 acre in size. He was very professional and did outstanding work. He went the extra mile to stake in my boundary line as well as placing permanent corner markers. He then came back a week later and took extra time to walk the lines with me to make sure everything was clear. I highly recommend Tim and Bailey Land Group to anyone in need of a survey or similar services. Very fairly priced for what was done
- Bailey Land Group IncThe only problem was that I had requested to be present for the survey but was not called back to confirm a time. I didn't know the work had been done until I received the bill. I thought a utility company must be doing work. The owner of the company returned my call and was the consummate professional in answering my questions reviewing the work and facilitating a brief communication between the surveyor who did the job and me. He sent out copies of the survey immediately and all was well
- Bailey Land Group IncMy initial telephone call was promptly returned. We discussed at length what I wanted and what they could do for me. The price was quoted, and the surveyor came to my house the very next day. Trouble free from beginning to end, thoroughly professional.
- Shiflett SurveyingI was more than satisfied with Shiflett Surveying. When I purchased my home this past summer, I was given a map of a survey at the closing that was conducted on the property over 25 yrs ago, and couldn't figure out where the property lines started and ended. I contacted Shiflett Surveying and gave them a copy of the survey (didn't show any angles) and was told that the map wasn't complete but they (Rodney) would try to locate the markers. When Rodney came over, he immediately got his "high tech" tools out and started looking for the markers. Long story short, Rodney and his assistant went all through the woods with their metal detectors and eventually located all boundary markers (they were buried deep in the ground) and marked them for me. If not for Rodney's determination and expertise, I still wouldn't know today of my property lines
- Bailey Land Group IncI called to inquire about the service on Thursday, the surveyor was there at 7:00 AM the next morning. A very thorough job was done. I received the survey in less than a week.
- Shiflett SurveyingI filled out a request for service on Angie's list on the weekend. On Monday, Mr. Shiflett's office contacted me to find out what exactly I wanted done. Within a week they had came to the property and flagged the corners.
- Shiflett SurveyingHe wasn't able to make it out on the original scheduled date but they worked to accommodate my needs, time-wise, and juggled their schedule so he could come out first thing the following morning. He encountered a discrepancy in what our deed shows as the property line and what had been marked by a previous surveyor years ago. They were very thorough in researching the discrepancy and kept me well informed along the way
Last update on October 25, 2021
Land Surveyors in Birmingham
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, building a new addition, or planning a new fence? It’s wise to survey your property. Here's how much it'll cost to hire a land surveyor.
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Find land surveyors in
- Center Point,
- Mountain Brook,
- Vestavia Hills,
- Cahaba Heights,
- Shoal Creek,
- Pleasant Grove,
- Mount Olive,
land surveyors in Birmingham
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!