New regulations for Maryland rental property owners aim to curb lead paint in homes. It's estimated that more than 300,000 units will now be affected.
Get matched with top lead abatement contractors in Austin, TX
There are 3 highly-rated local lead abatement contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Lead Paint Removal Reviews in Austin
- DHGC IncI just don't have enough nice things to say about Dwayne and his crew. I purchased a fixer-upper with a 203K loan, which requires a ton of paperwork and special circumstances on the part of the general contractor, so even before work began on the house Dwayne patiently waded through the piles of paperwork I sent him. When we met to discuss the work to be done, Dwayne was very receptive to the fact that I was operating on a budget and made great suggestions about where and how I could save on things. He caught an error by my inspector and made a roof repair that, if it had gone unnoticed, would have resulted in water damage over time. He suggested building an enclosure for the laundry next to the house to replace the pvc piping snaking across my lawn to the carport, and the finished enclosure is exactly what I had in mind without giving him much direction at all. All the work done by his crew (Richard and Patrick) was done impeccably. There were a lot of small projects as well as the flooring, which is absolutely their crowning achievement. They couldn't have been more courteous or clean, and worked late into the evenings toward the end of the project. The HVAC, electrical, roofing, and tile were all done by subcontractors who did a great job and followed up on any issues the inspectors came across swiftly. The only problem we had was with the plumbing company (CASA in Round Rock) who put us behind schedule and dispatched a person for a repair without the correct equipment on a Friday afternoon, leaving me without functioning plumbing over a weekend. Dwayne could not have handled this situation any more professionally. He communicated clearly to me where the problem occurred and made every effort to ensure that I would be comfortable over the weekend, as well as working with me on the cost to compensate me for my inconvenience. When, at last we thought all the repairs were finished and I wound up needing a new water heater unexpectedly, Dwayne very generously offered to install it free of charge, and even picked it up from Home Depot after I ordered it and brought it into the house. While the plumbing situation was frustrating, Dwayne and Richard went well above and beyond what I would have expected in remuneration. Mine was not the only project Dwayne was overseeing during the month his crew worked on my house, and while there were times when he was difficult to get a hold of, at no point did I feel in the dark about anything that was happening. Even though he was clearly very busy, he made time to come by the house most days to check on the progress and communicate to me where everything stood. I didn't occupy the house until the last week of the project, but the site was left clean and secure at the end of each day when I went by to check on the progress, and while I was there Richard or Dwayne always gave me an update on what had been done and would was yet to come before they left for the day. Overall, my experience with DHGC was excellent, and I plan to hire them in the future for any projects I have that I can't tackle on my own. I would recommend them to anyone needing remodeling work done, and as I understand it, they do new construction as well
- Handyman Connection of Austin-WestlakeKevin was very nice. He came about three days after I called (he was about thirty minutes late, but no big deal), made a lot of really helpful suggestions, and basically told me I'd be better off removing the lead paint myself -- no kids in the house, no pets, and abatement is really expensive. I appreciated his honesty, but asked for the quote anyway, since I have roommates and didn't want to risk their health. He said he'd email me the quote. Instead, this morning (7/23/2012) I received an email from Kevin: "I hope you had a great weekend. I regretfully must decline your request for demoing your kitchen. We have recently decided to not take on projects in which lead paint is present. I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. I wish you the best of luck with your remodeling project. Have a great day!" I'm not really sure why it took Kevin four days to email me and tell me he wouldn't give me a quote. I'm also not sure why Handyman Connection would suddenly effectively decide not to deal with any houses older then 1978. This seems like a cop-out, particularly in Hyde Park, where nearly everything is older than 1978. Mostly I'm just annoyed that they waited so long to tell me. A simple, "Hey, sorry, we're concerned about the liability" would have been enough
- Stallion Construction Co.I paid him a lot of money and he didn't even complete half the work. His contractors caused more damages to my home and he refused to fix the issue. He wouldn't return my calls or visit my home to review the work that was done. He refused to give me the glass inserts that I've paid him for that goes with the new cabinets ordered and his contractors damaged my new cabinets while trying to install them. Cabinets have cracked frames, multiple screw holes (because they had to take them down and put them up multiple times because they put them up wrong). They caused more drywall damage to my home while trying to install the granite countertops and multiple holes where they cut the drywall in the ceiling trying to put up the recessed lighting. I have chipped paint / scratches on my new cabinets along with screw holes through the outer frames. The doors are not aligned and they cut through all the cabinet crown molding trying to put the molding on and did not replace the material. This is the worst company when it comes to customer service response and if you want good quality work
Last update on July 23, 2012
Lead Paint Removal Experts in Austin
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lead paint removal expert articles
Angi secretly shopped painters, remodelers, window contractors and hardware stores to test their lead-safety knowledge. The results may surprise you.
Before you buy an older house, there are certain things the seller or real estate agent are legally required to tell you about potential lead paint hazards.
Find lead abatement contractors in
- Round Rock,
- Cross Roads,
- Del Valle,
- Cedar Creek,
- Cedar Park
lead abatement contractors in Austin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- GreenWorks Inspections & Engineering106 E 6th St Suite 900
Austin, Texas 78701
- Handyman Connection of Austin-Westlake6429 Burnet Ln
Austin, Texas 78757
- Lone Star Premier Services815A Brazos St #160
Austin, Texas 78701
- Partners Remodeling Restoration & Waterproofing3219 Harpers Ferry Ln
Austin, Texas 78745
- Stallion Construction Co.P.O. Box 150093
Austin, Texas 78715
- GreenWorks Inspections & Engineering
- DHGC IncPO Box 7312
Round Rock, Texas 78683
- DHGC Inc
- Itech Environmental Services2121 Grandview Dr
Fort Worth, Texas 76112
- Itech Environmental Services