Panhandle Cleaning & Restoration

Founded 1977 • With Angi since August 2010

2.1

42 38th Street

Wheeling, WV 26003

Panhandle Cleaning and Restoration is the leading provider of disaster recovery services in the Ohio Valley. Panhandle was founded in 1977 by Robert C. Contraguerro, Sr., whose commitment to fairness, honesty, and quality work helped the company quickly establish a reputation for the quality of its services and the professionalism of its team. We’re a full service contractor, which means that we’ll take you through every step of the recovery process, from the initial assessment to any necessary reconstruction. We have extensive experience working with all the major insurance providers, and we will always work to ensure that your out-of-pocket expenses are kept at a minimum. We will also provide detailed, itemized estimates and appraisals for your insurance company, so you don’t have to worry about the claims process. All of our employees are licensed and certified in their areas of expertise, and they have all been given extensive training. We also hold regular seminars and training sessions to ensure that our team members are kept up to date on all the latest advancements in the industry. As a result of all our training and experience, our staff is capable of handling any kind of disaster scenario. We offer 24/7/365 emergency services—which means that you can call us any time, day or night, for any property damage emergency. We have more than 3,000 pieces of state-of-the-art equipment, such as infrared moisture detection cameras and large loss dehumidifiers, so we can deal with any kind of property disaster. Panhandle Cleaning and Restoration is a proud member of Disaster Kleenup International (DKI). Panhandle’s partnership with DKI allows us access to the most sophisticated and up-to-date training programs available. Our DKI partnership is just one more reason we are the Ohio Valley’s choice for disaster cleanup....

07/18/2022

Dane W.

DO NOT USE PANHANDLE unless you will be on-site every minute to supervise their employees. We hired them for a clean-up at our home and could not be there when they were working. Upon checking on their work we found our entire home had be ransacked (someone had gone through everything including our bedroom drawers and my office file cabinets and bookcase) leaving definite indications of his searches. We still don't have a complete list of missing items. When apprised of our discovery to someone representing himself as the office manager in Wheeling he offered no apology, but instead commented on the turnover he has to endure in his workforce. Although their work was to our satisfaction, I would not trust the people they send out.

Description of Work
Clean-up, removal of carpets and flooring.

Category biohazard cleanup

08/28/2020

Cathy S.

Initially the temporary fix was ok, but it took 2 years and not all of the work was completed. Out of frustration we gave up on them. We had 3 different job supervisors during that time. Never hire them .

Description of Work
Tree fell on house and garage

Category gutter repair, roofing, home builders

08/08/2020

lisa F.

the drying out went good they had to tear out ceiling and floor but it’s been 3 months and i can’t get them to come back and put it all back together . i’ve called 10 times and they keep saying it’s ready they just need to come get pictures . The guy will say he’s coming at certain time but he Never shows up and I never hear from them

Description of Work
i had a bathroom leak that rain down stairs to my dinning room

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

01/28/2017

Susan N.

Great. They were very detail oriented and professional. They were punctual and didn't stop until the job was done. They were very considerate of our home and kept the mess to a minimum. Very please with the job they did!

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category water damage restoration, home builders

08/25/2016

Raymond or Karen C.

The cleanup was very satisfactory, but as far as the reconstruction or whatever, we were not satisfied. We hired him to do the restoration. I asked one of the person who oversees the job about how long it would take and he said, "Oh we might finish it within 4 to 6 weeks." He said, "We might," and they took over a year. They weren't really finished, they had some electrical work to finish. The guy that did the electrical work for us came back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. They would often call early in the morning, without warning, and say, "We're going to send so and so out to do such and such." The last time they called us early and said, "We're going to send this electrician out," we told him to stay away, we didn't really want him around the house anymore. It was in the winter and it was extremely cold and the water line broke everywhere. Having been kind of greedy, they went around and signed up all these people and they didn't have employees to get the jobs done in a reasonable length of time. They did come right out and got rid of the mold. They would have somebody come in and start a job and then he would disappear and you wouldn't see him for a month. Maybe they sent the same person or maybe they sent somebody else who didn't really know what was done before. We couldn't live in the house for a very, very long time. We had to rent and live somewhere else. Now we did come back and forth as much as we could because we saw early on that we really needed to keep an eye on them. We couldn't do that all the time. I think we ended up paying more than the insurance gave us.

Description of Work
We had a water line break years ago and they came in and did everything from the cleanup to a rebuild.

07/14/2016

Nancy S.

Description of Work
had 5 rooms, hallway, stairwell painted. They put on wrong finish of paint (semigloss where I wanted satin, flat where I wanted satin finish) They were prompt, fast, neat, nice guys, but I left house to be out of the way and the wrong paint was on when I returned. Colors were correct. I was too timid to speak up, so my fault there, but I was stuck with wrong paint.

01/21/2016

Raymond or Karen C.

The workmanship was poor and there was some damage to our property while we were away. The did attempt to fix some of the damages, but to this day we are finding more. They also said they could be finished within 6 weeks, but it ended up taking a year to complete.

Description of Work
We had a water line break, and they came in and tore out the damaged walls and floors and tested for mold.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

04/16/2015

susan R.

Description of Work
They took a rug to be cleaned after a flood and never returned it. Even after many calls, they said that they didn't have it. Communication was poor; many different people were involved and no one knew what the other said or did.

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration

01/28/2015

Dottie P.

I was 100%+ percent satisfied with the work Frank and Derek did cleaning the ductwork at my house! They were extremely professional, conscientious, and courteous. Before starting, they explained what they were going to do, showed me the equipment they would be using and explained how it worked! They were very agreeable to take before and after pictures of the trunk lines and machine filters in the event I need them for legal proceedings against my builder. They were careful not to damage anything in the work area and left it vacuumed and wiped squeaky clean. In addition to being respectful of my belongings, they were also respectful of the company?s, double checking to make sure they were leaving with all the things they had used during the process. They took 1 break while they were here. They took it at the separate times, so work never stopped! Amazing! I was a little apprehensive because of the many negative experiences I?ve had while building my house. I honestly was afraid this might not be a good one either. I am delighted to say my fears were completely unfounded.

Description of Work
Cleaned the air duct system, including the furnace.

10/16/2014

Jody G.

They didn't send a bill for 4 months. They won't explain the bill.

Description of Work
There was a water main break that caused a leak in my basement. I called them to come out and do the repair. I told them to be there at 1:30. They came at 12:00 (noon). They were already there when I came home; unauthorized. They entered through the garage door. They gave me a paper asked me to sign that the work was done. They charged 1600.00 for 2 hours work.

09/02/2014

Judy B.

The came out the next day. They do everything! They replaced the flooring and cabinets in the kitchen. Every worker explained everything they were doing and why they were doing it.

Description of Work
We had a hot water pipe burst in our basement.

04/14/2014

Karen C.

First, had to wait nearly 2 weeks for an appointment. They did not show. When I subsequently called to inquire about the no show, I was told that there was an emergency. They made no attempt to notify me of this emergency (which I would have understood) and when I questioned why they did not contact me to reschedule, I was told "it must have been an oversight". Indeed. Second, there is a $125 non-refundable charge for an estimate which I found to be outrageous.

Description of Work
Did not keep scheduled appointment to provide an estimate for mold removal in my bathroom.

Category carpet cleaners

01/24/2013

Mary E.

Had a water main break while at work which damaged our 1800 sq. ft. finished basement. Company was good at removing furniture and removing water and drying out basement to prevent further damage. Also good at tearing out and hauling away. Promised that everything would be done in 6 weeks but it took approximately 5 months. Would promise to come but no one would show up. Placed calls to owner and he would promise again to come but would not. Workmanship was horrible. My husband did a lot of the work that they were paid to do as well as fixing things that they messed up. Had one carpenter that knew what he was doing but he was spread so thin that he couldn't keep up. Finally threatened to fire them and they finished the job. We are still fixing some of the issues they caused. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Horrible Experience.

07/28/2012

john B.

they promised us roughly 3 months and it took roughly over 8 months and work was shabby to say and cost my insurance company plenty....

Description of Work
my home was involved in a fire. my entire formal living room, dining room, and kitchen were destroyed. The firefighters suggested panhandle cleaning and restoration. they rebuilt the rooms. put on new siding and roof. As of todays date 07/28/2012 i have called and emailed panhandle cleaning and restoration to come back and fix my siding because it continues to come loose also the new kitchen counter top has raised up and i still have not got anywhere with them. the owner of panhandle talked us in signing off on insurance paperwork and insured us the work would be done and taken care of, unfortunately 99% of the work was done and we did not realize he was getting paid. Also he took short cuts in fixing the house, 1 example is they were suppose to replace the insulation in the roof above the bedrooms and when the insurance adjuster came she found out they did not, so panhandle did replace the insulation and tried to recharge the insurance company for it when the insurance company already paid them for replacing the insulation. Also the foundation on my home got cracked because there where no gutters on house during winter and panhandle and my insurance did not pay for it (go figure house insurance supposedly dont cover foundations!!!!) So i am forced to save money up and pay for the foundation in the future with most likely at a cost no less than $10,000.00 to me "thanks panhandle for such a great job....wrong". I have also heard of other horror stories concerning panhandle cleaning and restoration....i warn anyone who attempts to use the.....find someone else because alot of local fire departments suggest them and may not know how shabby their work is.....

Category carpet cleaners

Omega Enviro Tech, LLC

We offer quality and affordable mold testing and remediation services. We provide state of the art- advanced monitoring, detection and disinfection methods. Our objective is to eliminate the rapid spread of indoor bacteria and pathogens by reducing microbial density. Focusing on Microbial Detection and (IAQ) Indoor Air Quality Testing with laboratory analysis. Offering mitigation to abatement solutions of potential volatile chemicals, micro-organisms, and bioaerosols. The combination of our proven services benefit everyone by ensuring our customers gain the knowledge to maintain the healthiest indoor environment.

Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet

Gutter Helmet Gutter Protection | Proudly Serving Local Homeowners Since 1981 Never Clean Your Gutters Again! Gutter Helmet is the one-time investment with a lifetime of benefits. Our system installs over your existing full-sized rain gutters, and we offer the only true four-season/365 day-a-year total rainwater management protection system. Trusted by over a million customers nationwide, we guarantee your gutters will remain free flowing and clog free from all debris with our triple lifetime, transferable performance warranty. Call to learn more about the Gutter Helmet difference and schedule your free demonstration and estimate today. (877) 779-8048. Senior & military discounts available.

Offers by Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet on Angi
    Meredith Home Improvement

Meredith Home Improvements has been serving the Pittsburgh, PA area for over 40 years. We have been recognized as one of the best exterior home improvement companies in Pittsburgh for many years. We provide FREE INSPECTIONS, take NO DEPOSITS, and in most cases get paid on completion of each project trade. Please contact us at 412-831-9991 PA or 681-222-ROOF WV. "Protecting What Matters Most Since 1979!"

Offers by Meredith Home Improvement on Angi