Biltwell Enterprises LLC

Founded 1991 • With Angi since July 2010

1.3

Additional phone numbers - (304) 680-2585 ( 304) 677-8454. Additional e-mail - biltwellenter@aol.com...

Basement Systems of West Virginia

We are a West Virginia family owned business that started in 2003 and are fully licensed and insured General Contractors. Our services include: basement and crawlspace waterproofing and repairs; foundation repairs (sagging floors, cracks and bows); basement finishing; radon testing and mitigation; and concrete leveling/lifting.

Baker's Waterproofing

Baker's Waterproofing, founded in 1975, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for our foundation repair, structural repair, crawlspace encapsulation, dehumidification and waterproofing needs. They are the one of the oldest and largest foundation repair companies in the country. Bakers Waterproofing is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes from water damage and foundation failure.

Offers by Baker's Waterproofing on Angi
Meredith Home Improvement

Meredith Home Improvements has been serving the Pittsburgh, PA area for over 40 years. We have been recognized as one of the best exterior home improvement companies in Pittsburgh for many years. We provide FREE INSPECTIONS, take NO DEPOSITS, and in most cases get paid on completion of each project trade. Please contact us at 412-831-9991 PA or 681-222-ROOF WV. "Protecting What Matters Most Since 1979!"

Offers by Meredith Home Improvement on Angi

09/27/2014

He acts professional until he gets your deposit.Then he will not show up for weeks and even when he does he is hours late. He will try to get you to accept a different job than he signed on for and give you a hundred different excuses as to why he cannot do the work. When he finally started the job we got a stop work order because he had not gotten a work permit with the city! He is a fraud. Do NOT do business with this man or give him any money!!

Description of Work
He was supposed to remove and replace old driveway and retaining wall.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways

07/22/2012

The wall looked good but it wasn't what I wanted. I even showed them a drawing of how I wanted it to look. The guys that did the work worked hard when they were there. It's just they weren't there like they should have been. They had other jobs that they were pulled off mine to go work on too.

Description of Work
Retaining wall built and culvert installed. Paid for in March, work started in April, finally finished in July! Was told all work could be done in 5 days max!! NOT!!! I asked if I could get a wall that curved back into the bank on both ends, that I got. Then I asked if I could get a wall that had an open place to walk up the bank in the middle, I was told that they would have to ask the boss. The next time they showed up, I had to work that day and when I got home the wall was built, and guess what, no opening. It was supposed to have gravel that came up to 6 - 8 inches from the top. Also not! It came up one block high. There is pipe behind the wall for drainage that is connected to the culvert. But the culvert was supposed to be concrete with removable grating so I could clean it out, I got plastic. In seven sections, with ten screws in each section! Lots of fun to take out 70 screws just to be able to clean it out!! Also there was to be a concrete catch basin that never appeared. Also all disturbed areas were to be seeded. didn't happen. I gave them half down, and when they finally did show up to start the job they dug the footer and wanted the progress payment. There were no materials in sight, we told them when we saw some progress THEN they would get another payment. Materials appeared, wall built, payment made. So finally it's finished. They came to get the final payment and was surprised to see that we had got my opening in the wall and with stone steps and a trellis!! Which they did not do!! And he wanted the final payment and couldn't understand why I said they weren't owed any more money. They didn't do what was in the agreement so I felt they weren't owed any more money. I had to spend a lot of time with taking the wall down and fixing what they didn't do. Long story short, I would never hire them again for any project.

Category hardscaping

This complaint was filed 2 years ago.Howeever, we must say that a contractor has the legal right to correct the defects in work that was unsatisfactory to the consumer when notified in writing to do so. The customer is to do this in writing and provide and itemized list of the defects as well as a reasonable time to complete it. This was not done. they chose to just kep the money and decided to get what they want with it.The customer insisted there was no hurry to complete the project . They were going to be traveling and were not in a rush for it. i guess it was a misunderstanding. in the end the job was completed and they were satisfied . They kept the remaing monies to ensure they would get whatever they wanted.

06/05/2012

I have had a lot of problems with him. I signed a contract with him on August second of last year and during April of this year I decided to end the contract as he did not complete the job and was charging me nineteen thousand dollars for it. All he did was remove some shrubbery, dug a trench for a footer wall and busted up my existing driveway. He then left and was never to be seen again. I ended up having a warrant out for him which ended up with the state police and he eventually got arrested. He is a major flease ball as far I am concerned. He did not have a contractor’s license in most states. I would recommend no one else to get stuck with him. I would not use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Biltwell Enterprises LLC as my contractor. He performs services such as evacuation, concrete, painting walls, foundation, basement waterproofing and concrete driveways.

Category concrete driveways,basement waterproofing,foundation repair,stamped concrete

Inaccurate information. Grossly skewed to damage the reputation of the company. Hence , the slanderous and derogatory verbage and name calling by the customer of one of the principals of the company. We will and have risen above it.

04/06/2012

Read above. How I even got hooked up with Biltwell is they called to see if I needed any estimates regarding services they offered, it was a mass calling list I suspect, which I don't have a problem with, companies have to make money and have o get their name out there. However it was funny, even after Kurt came out in dominion post newspaper as a fraud, his company was still calling that mass calling list because I got called again...for goodness sake. Kurt appeared in March in the dominion post, I don't have h exact date but have kept a copy of the paper to remind me how close I was at being scammed and a reminder of how we have to do our research, get contracts and fight for our rights!

Description of Work
I had Kurt the Biltwell owner come to my house and give me an estimate on several jobs big and small. This was the end of the summer 2011. I was waiting on a settlement from flooding that occurred in my basement and had told Kurt I would contact him when I got the money. That was just the beginning, over the next few months Kurt would just stop by our house and ask us for an update, constantly asking if we got the money. This raised a red flag for me and so I decided to do some better research. After a short period of googling, I found many complaints regarding biltwell enterprise. Jobs hadn't been completed, more and more money was being asked for, job sites left a mess, biltwell didn't even do the work, they contracted everything out, and so on. I called biltwell's secretary and told her of my findings, I told her I would not being hiring Kurt unless he took me to his current job site and I got to speak to the client. Time went by, a month or two and then out of the blue again Kurt started showing back up at my house, leaving his card, asking about money, talking to my husband as if he didn't know what was going on. Then one day, I open the dominion post newspaper and BAM in the local section is a picture of Kurt and how he has ripped off many clients and now action was being taken. I thought for sure this would be the end of Kurt....just a few days ago, his secretary called me once again (I think they had a mass calling list somehow) and asked me if I needed any estimates on concrete, retaining walls, etc. I twas going to tell the secretary to scr** off but I just told her no not at all, she hung up quickly. Biltwell enterprise and Kurt are a complete rip off, be warned, thank goodness they never got a penny from me.

Category basement remodeling

06/28/2011

What a nightmare! I called five people who all told me he had done a fantastic job for them. We signed the contract at the end of January. They were to replace an exterior door, replace two double-hung windows with a single slider, and build a fenced in area. I paid half of the total job. They were supposed to start by replacing the door and the windows right away, but months passed. They finally started the fence in late April. After having dug some holes, the guy calls and says he wants a progress payment. Mind you, they had received the down payment for the door and windows, which they hadn't even touched yet. And a few holes in my yard is a LONG way from being a fence. I refused. Then they did do some work on the fence and were promising the door and window would arrive in just a couple of days. So I made a partial payment on the work done. By the end of May, they had not replaced the door or the windows. Finally, he said the new window had arrived, but it wasn't the right size or style. They would have had to cut the brick on my house to make it fit. No way!! After waiting all this time, I got suspicious they might have never even ordered my door, based on inconsistent remarks as to when it would arrive. I repeatedly asked for documentation showing the order, but they never were able to show any. Then they just stopped showing up and would not return my phone calls. I finally sent a registered letter saying if they didn't get back in touch with me I would go to the State Attorney General's office. With that threat, I was able to (a) cancel the portion of the contract related to the door and windows, (b) get a refund on what I had paid in excess of just the fence, and (c) get a contract modification signed specifying everything from what constituted a work day to the amount of time they had to complete the work on the fence. They finally finished it. The job isn't great and I don't expect it to last too long. BIG LESSON LEARNED!

Description of Work
Contracted with them to replace an exterior door, two windows, and build a fence.

Category fencing,replacement windows,doors

In response to this complaint that was almost 3 years ago. We settled with the customer to alleviate any further ill feeling by both parties. There were some tense monents but in the end we both walked away satisfied. i guess you cant make everyone happy. We did our part to make the custoner feel that they got thier moneys worth so we setteld at the amount they thought was fair. The only difference was that we didnt slander her in our experiece. 3 years later we are performing at a higher level and on projects much larger than a fence for a few household pets.

We at Biltwell Enterprises like to make a house a home. We provide turnkey services doing all of the permit process, contracting and engineering when neccessary. We do the entire project not parts of it. e.g The entire concrete driveway not patch work , a new deck not deck repair. etc

Biltwell Enterprises will not do Commercial Excavating projects, Asphalt work or build a new home.