Secure Construction Company Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2008

4280 16th St Rd

Huntington, WV 25701

At Secure Construction Company Inc., our philosophy is tried, tested, and true: If it isn't done right, it isn't worth doing at all. We refuse to do any job poorly just to save some money now, because in the end a poorly done job will end up costing more. We pride ourselves in quality workmanship done in timely manner, exceeding a homeowner's expectations. We understand that making the decision to remodel or not can be quite a daunting task, even small changes can make a dramatic difference to the appearance or functionality of your home. Secure Construction's highly trained and friendly staff work closely with the homeowner throughout the remodeling process, from the initial planning to the final clean-up, to ensure that the entire process goes as smoothly as possible and the end result turns their house into their perfect dream home. We would love to talk with you about your project, big or small, that will complete your perfect dream home. Award winning....

07/27/2020

thomas B.

Recently I noticed a section of gutter had disconnected and . collapsed.. I called to exercise my warranty, I heard nothing for several weeks and emailed with the same message. A couple more weeks passed with no reply until last week a crew came to my door and in very short order made the repair at no cost to me. Communications could have been better but the end rresult is what matters. Positive experience overall.

Description of Work
Several years ago I had my home re-roofed and gutters replaced.

Category gutter repair,roofing,woodworking

05/15/2020

Sharon M.

No response to direct emails (plural).

Description of Work
Porch flooring

Category woodworking

06/03/2019

Jesse P.

I called and asked for an estimate to repair my porch and siding. The contractor showed up for the estimate. However, the estimator quickly left and said the company was not interested in the work. He said that it would cost $40,000 just to repair my porch. This was an absolute joke of an estimate. I got the porch work done for $6,200. Buyer beware.

Description of Work
Porch and siding repairs

Category decks,siding

09/19/2017

Brad P.

Great work ethic and service was superb

Description of Work
New roof installed

08/15/2017

Sandy H.

Very pleased with this company, and it's employees. Would recommend without hesitation.

Description of Work
Gutters, downspouts, metal mesh gutter guards

Category gutter repair

01/09/2017

Kathryn C.

Everything went as expected. Work men were polite and cleaned up each day before they left. I was totally satisfied with the project from start to finish

Description of Work
They replaced the roof on my house

12/27/2016

Patrick M.

We didn't end up using them because they were booked up and we needed it done sooner. They gave us a good bid though and my husband was impressed with them. The owner was professional and helpful. He had good suggestions.

Description of Work
They gave us a bid.

Category handyman service

11/17/2016

Kathy R.

Everything went very well. We worked with Jason and he was amazing. He did a very thorough job explaining everything up front and made some great suggestions for some corrective measures that were needed from wear and tear with the old roof. The follow up was excellent and when the crew was scheduled to come out they were always on time. The workmanship was very, very good and everyone was very professional. Throughout the roof replacement, the crew did an amazing job keeping all the debris picked up as they went along. They were very careful with all of the scrubs around the house as well as the pool area. After the job was completed, the owner took the time to come by and look everything over to ensure my mom and dad were pleased with everything. They were extremely please with the whole project, how amazing the new roof looked and how much of a pleasure it was to meet everyone from Secure Roofing. I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing anything done on their roof. These people are fantastic and they truly have a passion in what they are doing!

Description of Work
My parents roof needed to be replaced.

Category gutter repair,roofing

11/05/2016

Benjamin S.

Great speed and easy to deal with. They have good financing options too. I confused myself a bit with the financing, but figured it out eventually. Overall a great experience, and we're draining water away from the house now instead of onto it. Can't ask for more than that. Look forward to paying off this project so we can do another one.

Description of Work
I had some drainage fixed and gutters replaced. It was a fair amount of work. Secure came out in a hurry and got me a quote and the work was done in short order after that.

Category gutter repair

10/10/2016

Richard S.

They were expensive, but their crew was efficient and courteous.

Description of Work
Repair Loose shingles

Category ceramic tile,roofing

03/21/2016

James H.

Originally expected after signing the contract in late October that the work would be done in three weeks sometime in mid to late November or at the latest early December. A combination of things militated to delay the day for fulfillment of the contract until I called in early January. They got backed up with the holidays and vacations and then there was some bad weather the net effect it work they'd committed to doing late last year did not get done until early this year and I am not certain that if I'd not called when I did that it would have been done when it was. As for the quality of their work I seems to be outstanding. The men they sent were efficient at least to this laymen's eyes. I expect to use these folks for other jobs that I am planing in the future but I think I will not be quite so understanding about delays has I was this time around.

Description of Work
replaced gutters on back side of the house with larger gutters. Installed an additional down spout on front of house. Leveled or re-leveled the gutters all the way around the house. Fixed a leaking corner gutter.

Category gutter repair,plumbing,remodeling,roofing

01/27/2016

Shadow W.

The crew was always on time and very professional. They cleaned up as they worked and the job site was spotless when they would leave for the day. The owner Eddie had one thing in mind and that was that the client is happy and pleased with their product and how you job turned out. I am going to have more work done and this company will be at the top of the list to perform any future work that we have to do. We would like to thank them for a wonderful experience.

Description of Work
Installed new metal roof, 6 inch Gutters and down spouts, vinyl siding.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding

01/12/2016

William P.

They did a beautiful job on a house with lots of different levels. Several other contracts did not even bother giving us an estimate. The job was going to invoke a lot of cutting and trim. Others did not want to take the time, I especially liked that they gave in an estimate on the spot, no run around about getting back with us at a later time, and they came in right on the estimate. The e,payees were polite and cleaned up after themselves everyday. I would knot hesitate to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Installe metal roof

12/10/2015

Lonnie S.

They got a little late start, because of falling behind on another larger job, due to weather. I had no trouble in contacting them so that I could stay updated on their progress there. Was contacted the day before they started, as we had agreed. They actually started the day before Thanksgiving! Showed up on time and worked very hard, not even taking a break all day. They were back to work first thing Friday morning. It then rained for the next four days, but were back again even before it was completely clear to finish the work. No leaks or other problems during the rain break. They also, while roofing, replaced a lot of rotten boards that the last roofer had just shingled over. Overall - they worked hard, did excellent work and were as on time as was possible. The "B" on pricing was just that, depending on what work you needed performed, some jobs were a little out of my price range. But, they do high quality work. I do highly recommend them, and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Shingled house and garage, hung gutters on garage, patched hole in side of garage, pressure washed house

Category gutter repair,roofing,pressure washing

12/08/2015

Mark and Faye S.

Excellent. They came over and gave an estimate the same day I called. Once I decided to use them, they measured the cap and installed it promptly. The custom chimney cap looked well made (I am not trained to know exactly what it should look like, but it definitely was neat work.) The chimney was very high up and some contractors did not want to do it so I was grateful for the secure constructions willingness and prompt service.

Description of Work
fabricated and installed a Chimney rain cap

Category roofing,chimney caps,chimney repair

10/27/2015

Deborah P.

They were prompt in responding to give me an estimate but when they arrived they tried to sell me 6 inch gutters for my home. 6 inch gutters are used on commercial buildings and not necessary for residential homes. The estimate was 4 times more expensive than other estimates I got. I decided not to hire them even though I had read positive estimates from others.

Description of Work
I had asked provider for estimate to install continuous gutters.

Category gutter repair,roofing

09/24/2015

Sant Subaqh K.

my brother and I are disabled veterans and Eddie Keller was able to help with our rain gutters and since we were ripped off by another Barboursville WV. construction company he fixed our rain gutters for free. they no longer leak. They have been leaking for years and probably did damage to our foundation. i am so grateful for his help! i feel very lucky i was able to find such an honorable and reliable company for this work. i would recommend them over any company i have dealt with for the last 15 years i have been living here. now i can begin to repair the damage from all the years of water damage and start painting etc. i will enjoy this work.

Description of Work
this company was able to help me where another company gave us bad service. he was honorable and provided professional service in a timely manner.

07/23/2015

Kimberly C.

Roofers were able to tear off and replace roof on back of house on first day. Several days of heavy rain interrupted the job. Came back to put front part of roof on, but found that the metal company had delivered two bent panels, so panels were re-ordered. I notified company when panels were delivered. They returned in 2 days to finish the job. The workmanship appears very good. Secure Construction was very responsive to my calls. The company owner visited the site today to make sure everything was performed to our satisfaction and provide our warranty information. Even though Secure Construction was not the least expensive bid we received, I decided to go with their company because of the 10 year workmanship warranty and the lifetime screws used on our metal roofing project.

Description of Work
Replacement of existing shingle roof with metal roof. Tore off all old roofing, making repairs to wood where needed, provided pipe boots, and flashing for chimney.

07/07/2015

Matthew R.

Based on the cost, we had them repair the vent boot and replace the ridge vent. The work was performed in a timely manner. The leak has been properly fixed. Eddie's estimate on the expense and time involved in the repair was right on target. I chose not to have them repair the bathroom ceiling due to the cost involved.

Description of Work
Eddie performed an inspection on the roof of my extension to find the source a of leak into the bathroom ceiling. He identified the rubber boot around the plumbing vent as the source of the leak. While on the roof, he also identified damage to the ridge vent. He performed a complete inspection of the roof, including all of the flashing and the condition of the shingles. He provided estimates for repairing the boot, the ridge vent and replacing the entire roof. He also included an estimate for repairing the damaged dry wall in the bathroom.

05/15/2015

Susan G.

Altogether I think I spent $11000. I had a chimney leak and they rebuilt the chimney and redid the flashing and sub contract the other work for the masonry repair. They were awesome. They also worked on a few little issues with the roof. The staff was great, timely, they took into consideration my work schedule and they were as prompt as they could be. They had to do the work in segments because of weather. The job took them about a month.

Description of Work
I used Secure Construction around last November to do roof and chimney repair.

Category roofing,chimney repair

05/12/2015

Rita S.

After coming to the home, we were explained to that they can not do the type of work we require of a chimney mason.

Description of Work
This company said they could not do the type of chimney work we needed. Back to square one.

Category roofing,chimney repair

04/23/2015

David H.

After I sent a second email telling them I was moving on to another project they sent me the following email: "Our office staff unexpectedly took off this week, and therefore was unable to respond to your last message. would it be possible to still come bid on your project." I would not recommend any company that has a staff that unexpectedly takes a week off.

Description of Work
Did not respond to my request for a quote for 2 weeks.

02/25/2015

Richard D.

They replaced my roof in the past, and I used them again because I was very pleased with the quality of work they did on the roof. They're very professional and very responsive. Their work ethic was very good. There was a little lag time for them to come out and look at it, probably a couple of weeks, but it was the middle of winter, so I was understanding that. They came and looked at it and had to manufacture a new cap for my chimney. They were there that day and they came back on the weekend and they fixed it.

Description of Work
They repaired my chimney and installed a chimney cap.

Category roofing,chimney caps,chimney repair

02/11/2015

Bill S.

Horrible. No contact, no show for appointments. Beware.

Description of Work
Called a few times to set up an appointment. Finally got one scheduled and the estimator had to cancel at the last minute, and promised to call me in a few days to reschedule. Never heard back from him. Called the home office 3 times and left messages, but never got a return call. Very unprofessional. Would not recommend.

01/23/2015

Kelly P.

Prompt, fast, efficient, quiet, clean, polite, perfectionist professionals. A quote was given, they did the job for the amount quoted. No hidden price surprises. The job was perfect. The men were very quiet and concentrated on the job being performed. There was no loud discussions, no trash mouth etc. They cleaned up beautifully, which was very important to me due to having dogs that freely roam the yard. I did not want any of them stepping on old nails, etc. Part of my metal roof not included in the quote was coming lose and needed some extra nails put in to secure it. I asked Eddie if they would tack it down and he had the men do it for me free of charge. I have dealt with many supposed professionals who do not do professional work. But I am so pleased with Secure Construction's work that I would love to hire them again when the time comes. Other companies should use Secure Construction as their yardstick that they need to measure up to.

Description of Work
Removed old roof shingles and installed new ons.