Basement Systems of West Virginia

Founded 2003 • With Angi since September 2009

1807 W Pike St Suite C

Clarksburg, WV 26301

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We are a West Virginia family owned business that started in 2003 and are fully licensed and insured General Contractors. Our services include: basement and crawlspace waterproofing and repairs; foundation repairs (sagging floors, cracks and bows); basement finishing; radon testing and mitigation; and concrete leveling/lifting....

4.4

basement waterproofing (44)foundation repair (9)well & water pump repair (9)mudjacking (7)drain pipe installation (5)excavating (4)concrete repair (4)radon mitigation (1)insulation (1)decks & porches (1)basement remodeling (8)

10/31/2019

Robert M.

Internal drain tile systems with advanced sump pumps were installed in two basements. They also added the wall coverings to channel any wall leaks to the system. It works perfectly! The employees of Basement Systems are amazing - everyone is professional and helpful. The work was completed quickly. They cleaned up the job site. My basements were a lost cause - now they are restored and I can use them again. Thanks!

Description of Work
Complete water fixes for 2 wet basements

Category concrete repair, remodeling, basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

10/30/2019

Allison M.

The guys that fixed my crawlspace were great. I had standing water, that i didn't even know about. They fixed everything. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Crawl Space Flooding, Sump Pump, Dehumidifier, barrier

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

07/06/2019

pam K.

It was a pleasure to have them advise me on my home in Berkeley Springs, WV. The original estimate was not changed due to my house having an ancient type of foundation that precluded them from cutting into the cement floor for the tile drains. The alternative was sheeting applied to the walls with a "guttering" type baseboard that collects the water and gravity drains it to the sump pump. " hollow plastic baseboard is installed along the base of basement walls to form a drainage channel that directs water to a sump pump system. A baseboard-type drainage system is sometimes recommended when the basement slab is too thin to accommodate a French Drain." It cost $5000 to install the entire drainage system and sump pump in 2017. Works so well no moisture for the past 2 years. Had maintenance done on original work for $178 in 7/2019. I hope it lasts for years to come.

Description of Work
2017 Installed sump pump in basement, 2019 maintenance of sump pump

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/06/2019

[Member Name Removed] thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the work we did. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We look forward to helping you with any projects in the future! Thank you!!

10/02/2018

David E.

Excellent Job on all fronts. Forman where absolutely professional and completed the work in a timely manner. I will definitely hire them for future projects should they arise.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the work we did. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We look forward to helping you with any projects in the future! Thank you!!

09/26/2018

John P.

Basement systems of West Virginia is seriously amazing!! I’d hire them all over again if I ever have another house with the issue I’ve had in this house I been telling everyone how great basement systems of West Virginia really is.. Give them a chance you won’t be let down!!

Description of Work
Sealing and water proofing basement

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

Review for Basement Systems of West Virginia - 1807 W Pike St, Clarksburg, WV - 37426420

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the work we did. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and including pictures. Thank you!!

07/09/2018

Kristina H.

Basement systems were very professional from the very first phone call. They provided information before our inspection in an informationa booklet. They arrived on time and were friendly and throughout. Unfortunately they were unable to ultimately help with our water problem, however I would highly recommend them in the future.

Description of Work
Basement inspection

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

[Member Name Removed] thank you so much for your review. We are sorry that we weren't able to help you with your water problem. We are here if you need anything else in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. Thank you!!

03/19/2018

Debbie N.

They could not help me since he said it was not a foundation issue, rather a poured wall and suggested I might contact a structural engineer to design a plan to give to a contractor. He was very accomodating and waded through 15" of snow to get to me. He called the following Monday with an explanation as to what he would recommend.

Description of Work
I needed a consultation about a wall that was deteriorated

Work Completed On 03/14/2018

[Member Name Removed] thank you so much for your review. We are sorry that we weren't able to help you with your foundation issue. We are here if you need anything else in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. Thank you!!

11/07/2017

Janet C.

They were very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. The thing that i like the most is that they showed up on time. they left the basement leak and since then I had no problem the water in the basement. They have a transferable lifetime warranty. And I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
They fixed the water problem in the basement/ installed dewatering system for the basement.

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the work we did. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. Thank you!!

10/31/2017

Barbara B.

The workers were very professional and sincere. They finished the work on time and were very easy to work with.

Description of Work
The crawl space under my house flooded ruining the plumbing, beams, insulation and causing major mold problems.

Category concrete repair, insulation, wells, drain pipe, mudjacking

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

[Member Information Removed], we are glad that you are happy with the work we did and we want to thank you for the opportunity. Our crews work hard everyday and we are glad you saw that. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to give us a call! Thank you!!

10/30/2017

Margaretha D.

It went pretty well. Just one glitch, which was resolved by borrowing a longer ladder. Not the installers fault, as they had not been informed as to the height of our roof. Once they got to the house they set right to work and worked very hard until eight o'clock at night to finish the job. The only other minor issue involved hiring an electrician for the fan, as head office could not tell me when in the process his services would be required. It would be useful for future customers to know that. I will recommend Basement Systems to anyone who needs their services.

Description of Work
We needed a radon removal system installed in the basement.

Category radon testing, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you are happy with the work.

02/24/2017

Rodney B.

They were very friendly and professional only took 2 days to complete. Cleaned up the mess and made us feel better about improving and securing our home.

Description of Work
Installed power braces, installed sump pump system, installed 2 gutter drains.

Work Completed On 07/15/2015

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback!

12/14/2016

Rodney B.

They provided us with a detailed estimate over 2 hours. Once we accepted guys were amazing and professional, the entire job was completed in 2 days. Cleaned up the mess and made our basement a functional room again!!! You will be very pleased with the service you receive.

Description of Work
We had the Power Brace wall system and Water Guard System installed in our basement. New gutter drains on both sides of the house!

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/05/2015

Thank you so much for your great feedback!

10/31/2016

James P.

This company was outstanding to work with. They informed me that what they were doing would not cure the problem but it would divert the water into the drainage system. They went above what they told me they would do. They told me they had to dig a hole in the front lawn for the water to drain into but the foreman said he would not mess up the fron lawn and he hand dug 6' deep to connect to the storm drainage system. The basement is now dry as a bone now. I purchased another home in the area a couple of years later and called the company to fix the basement in that house and was told they could not work in this area now. I was very disappointed because they truly do outstanding work.

Description of Work
Water proofing of basement.

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

Mr. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear that our crew not only met but exceeded your expectations. We are also slightly confused by the fact we could not assist you with the other house you purchased. We proudly cover the entire state of West Virginia. As long as that house is in this state, we are at your service. Please feel free to contact our office, Toll Free, at 888-619-1300 and we will be glad to assist you in the future. Just ask for me, Pat, if you have any problems. Thanks again.

07/01/2016

Carol W.

I wish I had called a different company. I'm sure there is an alternative to this dealer, if you can locate one in another area. 1) The salesperson gave us incorrect information about the warranty, 2) the business office had the wrong date, 3) the foreman brought out the wrong contract, 4) the invoice was completely incorrect: I had to write my own. However, all that can be forgotten in time. What I want to warn people about MOST IMPORTANTLY is that the caulking they use has an added fragrance: it's been 6 weeks and we're still getting the odor not only inside the house, but when we've opened the crawl space door to air it out, the odor can also be smelled outside. Unbelievably, it comes back into the house through the open window above the crawl space door. I will say that the vapor barrier (Clean Space) is a good product, and the installers worked really hard. My complaints were sent directly to the president of this company, with not a hint of response. Do yourself a favor and avoid hiring Basement Systems of West Virginia.

Description of Work
Vapor barrier for crawl space

Work Completed On 05/18/2016

09/28/2015

jon C.

Raising the driveway with foam worked great. Calking was below expectations. They had to return and repair some areas. Overall work was B.

Description of Work
Raised driveway and walks with hydro-form. Calked all cracks and edges

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

Unfortunately, the caulking pulled away from the concrete, which will occur from time to time. We always stand behind our work, so we returned to the site and fixed the issue. We are glad you are happy with the results!

07/24/2015

Jennifer M.

The 1st crew that showed up was supposed to dig the holes for the anchors and shoot the anchors from the house out into our yard. After 6+ hrs of digging with shovels and post hole diggers, they gave up and said they would have to leave it for the next crew because of rocks and the tree in our yard. So for 3 days we had massive holes in our yard. The next crew were scheduled to start on Monday but we were never given a time. At 9 I called to see when they were coming. I was told between 11 and 11:30. At 2, I called back to see why they STILL weren't there. They finally arrived at 2:45. Tuesday they were supposed to be there by l2:30, but at 2 they called and said, sorry we aren't coming. Finally, on Wednesday, they showed up when they said they were going to and actually put in a full days work. Thursday, 2 guys came back to finish the final touches. Friday, they came around 5 to put in the jacks because they needed the blocks to cure. As for the work, when they finally decided to work, they worked hard and efficiently. They cleaned up after themselves, reseeded my yard and made sure everything was how we expected it. The new walls are great. The new sump pump seems to be working great and the jacks are much more sturdy than our previous supports.

Description of Work
We had two walls in our basement/crawlspace area that needed to be reinforced. Basement Systems put blew in those 2 walls, along with the anchors to make the walls more secure. They also put 3 jacks under our house because the supports that we had were rotting out because of water damage from the walls and a new sump pump.

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 07/16/2015

( members name removed) , we certainly understand your frustration. As a small business that strives to provide each and every one of our customers with the best service possible, we clearly did not provide you with the service YOU expected, or what WE expected to provide you. Clearly, we should have communicated more and better with you. The main reason for the delays in completing this work came down to our having to rely on another contractor. The concrete company that provided us with the concrete for a similar spray concrete project completed right before yours was nearly an hour and a half late in arriving and also provided us with a batch of concrete that was unacceptable. In addition, this contractor accidentally dumped a large amount of concrete on the other customers' driveway, which we had to clean up. To clean up our equipment as well as this customers' driveway before the very quick-drying concrete set up, we were working frantically. By the time we cleaned up this mess (that was not caused by anything we did), it was too late in the day to complete your project. Despite all of these challenges, we should have communicated better with you. We are glad that overall you are happy with the results. We worked long hours to complete your project and are proud to have served you. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as it helps us to become an even better company! Please don't hesitate to call us in the future if you need further assistance. We promise to provide you with the quality of service (and communication) that YOU expect and what WE expect to provide ALL of our customers.

06/05/2015

Peggy A.

Initial contact and sales presentation was very professional and informative. Although the job was expensive, the warranty is exceptional. The work crew worked very hard, often putting in 10 hours per day. Cleanup was generally good. This was a major foundation installment and its reliability will not be tested for several months.

Description of Work
Installation of basement waterproofing.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/02/2015

02/01/2015

Karl E.

Workmen showed up as scheduled, Readily took care of some minor requests I had related to the job but not part of the contract. Cleaned up after work was completed and explained things I should do to make sure installation always performed as it was supposed to.

Description of Work
Encapsulated Crawl Space

Work Completed On 05/15/2014

11/22/2014

Brandi S.

This company is the epitome of what a contractor should be. They show up when they say they will, they are responsive, and they are just all around a reliable company. Unfortunately, we couldn't afford the price. The job was likely worth the price, but we personally could not afford it. I'd still use them if a situation arose that I had to have services done as opposed to an optional situation like crawlspace encapsulation. I'd recommend them to anyone that needed their services.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate for crawlspace encapsulation and the repair of floor joists

Work Completed On 08/30/2013

10/09/2014

Bill M.

They came late on the day agreed to but finish before dark. The late arrival worked well because I did not have to leave work early. They charged the amount was fair and within the estimate.

Description of Work
Filled voids under concrete around a in ground pool.

Work Completed On 07/29/2014

08/26/2014

Robert W.

In doing so, I had to get my sewer line checked out. There was an issue. I had to invest $40,000 on a new sewer line, but I wouldn't of known about that if they didn't come out. It was a win/lose situation. Everything that they could do on their end of things to help, they did.

Description of Work
I had a floor that was gradually sinking. They level floors.

Category mudjacking, foundation repair, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/16/2014

08/14/2014

David S.

The project took two days. It involved jackhammering about 65 feet of concrete 6 inches wide next to the indoor block wall. The concrete was super hard and that task was hard work. Installation of the below ground drainage system and sump pump went smoothly. All jack hammered material was carried out one 5 gallon bucket at a time. Needless to say there was a lot of dust created indoors. Perhaps they could invent a better way to suppress or deal with that dust. We have had one hard rain since the installation, and not a single drop of water appeared in an area that would have previously seen water.

Description of Work
Installed a proprietary drainage system including sump pump, to eliminate a basement water problem.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, mudjacking

Work Completed On 08/07/2014