Lifetime Chimneys LLC

West Bend, WI 53090

Family owned & operated.

12/08/2014

Judith H.

Their truck broke down and they were unable to immediately remove the debris. They did everything they could to try to get it cleaned up ASAP. Unfortunately, this left one of our neighbors unreasonably upset. Lifetime chimneys handled it really well.

Description of Work
They took our chimney down. It took them 2 days.

Category masonry, chimney repair

09/02/2014

robert Y.

The provider never got back to me with a quote.

Description of Work
Never got back to me.

08/16/2014

Matthew C.

price was in the middle of the 4 quotes. Daniel showed me the old chase and the new chase, confirming that the old chase needed to go. old chase was removed, new one installed complete cleanup and friendly service. would highly recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
replaced chimney chase with stainless steel chase.

06/03/2014

Timothy D.

They came out a couple of weeks ago.

Description of Work
I used Lifetime Chimneys LLC to rebuild our chimney. The tore it down to the roof, rebuilt it back up and then needed to put in a liner and cap it.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

05/13/2014

Rosemary J.

Completely satisfied with our choice of Lifetime Chimney. We were impressed by the efficiency of their two man crew, and appreciated their commitment to the scheduled dates despite the weather.

Description of Work
Tuckpointed and waterproofed approximately 12 foot fireplace chimney, replaced chimney cap and supporting brace. Tuckpointed and waterproofed 6 foot furnace chimney. Arrived on promised date although weather was cold and rainy. Worked steadily over 3 day period to complete work, despite having to work around changes in weather (periods of rain). Constructed and disassembled needed scaffolding quickly and efficiently, and performed cleanup of work area promptly. Excellent workmanship and customer interactions.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

01/13/2014

Emil Z.

Tuckpointed chimney and brickwork on house,put new internal stack inside of chimney for water heater, replaced broken fire brick in chimney.

Category masonry

01/07/2013

Mary M.

We hired Lifetime Chimney to clean and repair our chimney which had a crumbling cap, problems with the mortar and leaking. Daniel came out the same day we called to look at the chimney and give an estimate. He was very professional, providing options with price quotes so we could compare. He also made some suggestions to improve the look of the chimney. The crew came the next day. They were expert craftsmen and efficient. They completed the work quickly. We were extremely happy with the service and work performed.

Description of Work
Our chimney was in need of cleaning and had some maintenance issues, including a crumbling cap, problems with the mortar and leaking.

12/17/2012

Richard H.

On the first repair, the workers used beige colored bricks on the chimney to replace grey bricks. They used brown flashing to replace black flashing on the house that was colored white and grey. Upon my objection, the owner had the flashing replaced. Other houses in the neighborhood had the same bricks so we went with that rather than having the whole chimney done over. The owner was quite apologetic and so I hired him to do the second property. All was fine and they even replaced some missing shingles.

Description of Work
The workers installed new chimney liners and caps on two properties. Both chimneys needed extensive repair. On one, the bricks and flashing had to be replaced.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

12/17/2012

Peter T.

Very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Repaired chimney bricks and tuckpointed. Also waterproofed the chimney. Relined the furnace and hot water heater flues. Insulated the flues in the basement.

01/10/2012

Jeff F.

AVOID THIS COMPANY! Absolutely no customer service, very unprofessional. My experience up until the appointment date was good. Daniel was the technician that came to my home and was very professional and was able to answer all of my questions. Similarily, I corresponded multiple times with Debbie and Sue in order to set up my appointment for Saturday morning at 8:00AM. The date of the appointment is when the problems started. When nobody had shown up or called by 9:00, I attempted to call the office, but it was closed on Saturday. I then contacted my original technician who must have gotten in touch with the crew that was out performing work that morning. I finally received a call around 10:00 indicating they would be at my house at noon. The workers informed me that they were not given a specific time to be at my home that morning. The actual work performed was conducted in an efficient and timely manner. But I would have preferred the workers taken off their shoes or wore covers while trudging through the home into the basement. I was very frustrated with having wasted an entire morning sitting around at my home waiting for the tecs to show up and do the work. I wrote an e-mail to their customer service department indicating my frustration and requesting a discount on the work. Finally, after a week and a half I received a one line e-mail indicating that they had already given me the Angie's list discount and that if I had any additional questions I should contact the original technician (they provided his e-mail address). I don't know about you, but this is not what I consider customer service (even though the e-mail came from customerservice@lifetimechimneys.net). I want to hire and work with companies that stand behind their work and take their customer's concerns seriously. I am glad that I only had minor repair/tuckpointing done... I can't imagine having to deal with a more serious issue with this customer service department. In summary, it's apparent that an $800 job for LifeTime Chimney's doesn't even warrant a specific appointment time. Instead, they send their technicians whenever they complete their more important jobs for the day (even after telling me they'd be there at 8:00). It's also clear they don't take the voice of their customers very seriously. It took them over a week to respond to my complaint e-mail, and then I only received a one line e-mail telling me to e-mail the original technician. What a joke. Trust me, you don't want to do business with this company.

Description of Work
-Tuckpointing -Sealed furnace flue liner -Sealed mortar joint in flue between 1st and 2nd tile -Installed Chimney Cap -Installed protective collar on breach pipe for water heater

Category chimney repair

I am sorry that you are unhappy. Our office ladies always give a time frame as to when our technicians show up. I am sorry that the crew didn't get to the site until noon. That must have been frustrating and upsetting. Our priority is quality,safety, and cleanliness. Sorry about the the guys not wearing covers over their shoes. This issue has been address to all the workers. We only are able to issue one discount per household. The $100 off coupon is the one that was used. Thank you for notifying Lifetime about your concerns.

12/29/2011

gregory V.

I found them on Angie’s List. The person, who came out, inspected the chimney. He used a camera to go up and down the chimney. He found quite a few cracks in the flue. He determined that the best way to fix it would be to remove the cracked flue and put in a stainless steel liner and that is what I had the company do for me. I spent above $5,000 on the service. They were competitive for the cost of the repair. They came out on time on the set date. They cleaned up before they left. They were very good. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Lifetime Chimneys LLC for chimney inspection, a month ago. They also replaced the cracked flue with a stainless steel liner.

12/27/2011

Paul G.

I called first on Saturday, after a chimney fire. I left a message since they do not have work hours then. Daniel called me back about 15 minutes later and offered to come later in the afternoon, after other work he was doing. By then, I decided there was no emergency. He inspected the chimney on Tuesday, then returned on Thursday with the parts he needed, swept the chimney, installed the new parts and I was ready for warm and cozy fires with friends in the holidays.

Description of Work
I needed a chimney inspection and repair after a fire. There was damage at the chimney cap and I didn't know where else.

11/11/2011

Jodi Z.

When I contacted the company the receptionist was polite/professional and set up an appointment the following week to have the estimate done. They gave me a 2 hour time frame to be home and told me that they would call prior to their arrival. The day before the estimate I got a friendly reminder of the appointment time. The day of the appointment I got another call stating that they would have to cancel my estimate since they 'did not cover my area' and that the receptionist who made the appointment was new and did not realize that my home was outside of the coverage area. I understand that mistakes can be made but then they should remove from their ad that Milwaukee is in their coverage area. I wasted a day of vacation for nothing.

Description of Work
Requested estimate for work on chimney; tuckpointing, cap, flashing and cleaning.

08/15/2011

Tina B.

They are easy to work with and provided an honest bid. The workers were good. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Lifetime Chimneys to rebuild and reline my chimney.

07/28/2011

Mike R.

I got an estimate from many companies. Lifetime was one of the lowest bids but most comprehensive. They were not able to come on the date initially agreed upon due to weather but wrote to inform me. They began work on a Thursday, had rain delays, but communicated with me each step of the way. They kept the work area immaculate, were very friendly and professional, and even did something extra at no extra cost. I was very impressed with Lifetime and even referred them to someone else looking for chimney work.

Description of Work
They rebuilt a chimney and installed a chimney liner to went off into a boiler and seven water heaters.

07/15/2011

Melissa W.

They were very good. I liked that when they came to give the estimate the owner went up on the roof and actually took pictures of everything. He was able to show me specifically what needed to be fixed.

Description of Work
Lifetime Chimneys LLC did some work in our chimney in November 2008.

06/29/2011

Neal S.

Rebuilt one chimney from the roof up, and repaired another chimney with tuckpointing and replacement of brick.

Description of Work
This company was the most pleasurable business I have ever dealt with. If every business operated this way, we wouldn't need "Angie's List." When we began the process we came up with half of the final cost, and received a bill for the rest of it several weeks later. In that time my son had a major heart attack, at the age of 32, my lung disease worsened, and was going to require an out of state trip, and our finances fizzled. I called Lifetime shortly after all of this and explained it would take a little longer to get the money to them. They were most pleasant, and even offered to forgive the interest rate, but I would not allow that. It took much longer to pay them off than I thought, as I ended even further in debt with medical bills because of testing for a lung transplant. They have been wonderful, no threatening phone calls, just patient beyond reason. Their work was superior in every aspect, they were here when they were supposed to be, were professional, and obviously their personal value of human nature showed through in everything they did. AWESOME PEOPLE.

06/11/2011

Charles R.

As noted in the previous critique, I would use Dan Santamarie and his crew again. They were great!

Description of Work
My home was built in 1939 and the chimney was badly deteriorated. I got 7 bids to rebuild the chimney and put in a liner. Daniel Santamarie of Lifetime Chimneys gave me an estimate which was exceptional competitive. I have to admit, the range of estimated costs I got from the 7 contractors was in a very wide range. And while Dan's estimate was not the lowest, it was by far the best value given both his reputation and that of Lifetime Chimneys. Dan was polite, he explained the process, his bid package was complete and informative, and he even followed up with a phone call a few weeks following the bid to see if I had any further questions (he was the only contractor to follow up with a phone call after the bid). We set a date for the work to be done. With all the heavy rains, the work had to be pushed back a week and (again) I got a call from Dan's office notifying me of the delay. The woman who called could not have been more customer friendly. Dan and his crew arrived on the work date and as promised, finished the job in three days as we had discussed. Dan and his crew were, friendly, efficient, polit and very good craftsmen. They were a joy to work with and I would use them again. Just a first rate experience all around.

12/06/2010

ROSE K.

The work done was excellent, however they lack good follow through. The vendor came quickly to provide an estimate and provided 2 seperate estimates for two different types of work. We sent back the estimate with half the money down for what we wanted done on October 4th and it was deposited on October 12th. However we had to call several weeks later, in early November to find out what was going on. It would have been nice if they had called to tell us they received the check and had to order the materials or whatever, but we heard nothing from them and then were told they were extremely busy and would get back to us to schedule. They did call back the week of November to schedule it for December 2nd and showed up and completed the job. The bill came on December 4th and there is a note that they will charge interest if paid after 5 days. I understand they need their payment, but after having to wait so long I didn't appreciate that being highlighted.

Description of Work
Signed contract and sent half down in October. It wasn't until we called them a few times that they came to do the work. Their work is excellent but their follow through is not.

12/01/2010

Penny J.

Excellent experience. I contacted 3 companies for estimates. One gave me a quote over the phone ( 1 1/2 - 3 times the cost I paid to have the job done) but would not come out to see the job. The second came to see the job but would not give me a written estimate so I had no idea what they were actually going to do. LifeTime chimneys came to the house, looked at the work needed and even showed me photos taken with a digital camera to show me problems in the mortar of some places on the chimney. I received written material with color illustrations actually showing what a chimney liner was and how it was installed in the chimney and connected to the furnace. The day of the installation, the installers arrived on schedule, introduced themselves, and began their work. Work was done very promptly. When it was completed, they invited me outside so I could see the chimney cap and the flashing (from the ground :) After job was completed, the technician who cleans my furnace returned to check the air flow and told me what a nice job was done connecting the liner to the furnace itself.

Description of Work
Stainless steel liner installed; tuckpointing done where needed and chimney cap installed.

06/28/2010

Prasanthi C.

They did a fine job and found the real solution instead of suggesting unnecessary repair.

Description of Work
Lifetime Chimneys checked some issues we had and told us how to fix it about six days ago.

Category chimney repair

Must be wrong company, Lifetime Chimneys never has been to Illinois to do a repair job.

01/09/2009

JOSH B.

We chose them because of their good reputation on Angie's List. He explained everything he was going to do and answered any questions that I had. They used a drop cloth and kept everything clean.

Description of Work
We hired them to clean the inside of our chimney.

10/30/2008

Jo Anne K.

Very well, after they left you could not even tell they had ever been in the house. Very neat and professional.

Description of Work
They cleaned the chimney that had not been cleaned for a number of years and gave an estimate on some repair work that needs to be done.

06/12/2006

PAT M.

Work was done promptly and well. Appointment was on time. I thought the price was high, but I did feel confident that the job was done well.

Description of Work
Cleaned two clothes dryer vents.

Category dryer vent cleaning

03/10/2006

LIFE TIME CHIMNEY CAME TO MY HOUSE TO LOOK AT MY CHIMNEY. THEY ARRIVED AT THE TIME THAT THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD. THEY STARTED THE JOB BUT DID NOT HAVE ALL OF THE NECESSARY SUPPLIES TO COMPLETE THE JOB. IT TOOK THEM TWO WEEKS TO COMPLETE THE JOB.

Description of Work
MY CHIMNEY HAS BEEN CRACKING AT THE TOP DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS IN WAUKESHA, WISCONSIN.

Category chimney repair

IN MARCH, WEATHER IS ALWAYS A FACTOR. MORTAR DOES NOT SET PROPERLY IF THE WEATHER IS COLD OR WET. OUR CREW NEEDED TO WAIT FOR THE CONDITIONS TO BE FAVORABLE.

TK Mason,LLC

At TK Mason, LLC we do masonry repair and stonework. Some new construction, but primarily repair to brick, block, stone, cement and plaster. Available for sub-contracting.

Over the Top Roofing & Construction

Over the Top Roofing and Construction was established over a decade ago and have built a reputation for exceptional work and customer satisfaction. We have earned our reputation for excellence by delivering personalized service and expert installations. We can repair any damage to exterior of a home or building and make a difference in the appearance of your home. Over the Top Roofing and Construction has a perfect record with the BBB and we are fully bonded and insured. We know that choosing a contractor is a very important decision that you, the customer, will make because you live with the results of the work for years to come. Our customers know that they will receive outstanding workmanship and value for their dollar. Please note that we do charge credit card fees back to the customer.

Art Karos, LLC - DBA Art's Chimney & Stonework

Arthur Karos has been an expert in Masonry for 23 years and a Master Mason for 12 years. With 85 year of combined experience along with his five employed master Masons, you can expect the job to be expedited in a professional manner. We do chimney brick laying and stone work, chimney repair, flue installs & repair, ash-pits doors, stainless steel flue caps, Tuck Pointing, replace bricks, and insurance work for brick damage. Chimneys, masonry and stonework are done with expertise. We can custom match stone and color match mortar for Tuckpointing or masonry repair. FOR FASTER SERVICE, PLEASE USE ANGIE'S LIST MESSAGING!

Award 2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Chimney and dryer vent sweeping, chimney repair, reline, tuckpointing, and waterproofing, roof snow removal, flashing repair, interior video scan, remove animals, fireplace makeovers, gas logs, smoke and draft problems, stop water leaks, brick building restoration & gutter protection.