Grand Appliance and TV

Wauwatosa, WI 53226

appliances

08/31/2021

Brenda S.

Wayne, our salesman from the Layton Ave store was Awesome! Install was a nightmare. the guy who installed the dishwasher and microwave was good.....knew what he was doing. 👍🏻 When it came time to install refrig., stove and washer/dryer.......2 guys came by, barely spoke English, were in a hurry and botched the refrig. Install. We had to have another team come out to take care of the refrig. They did not take off the plastic on appliances, forgot to turn on the gas for the dryer, what a joke. They did not show us how to operate any appliance they installed. They need additional training, or be fired for horrible service.

Description of Work
Installing all our appliances

Category appliance repair

10/12/2019

Debra B.

After receiving wall oven unit, we found warming drawer light did not work. Called Thermador thinking we may not be operating correctly and was told our unit was manufactured in 2012. Almost 8 years old and now Customer Service is telling us we can't return it, use the warranty for repair. That is unacceptable as we know that in a few years parts will not be available. We were also told there are still newer units available of the same model. Our salesman, Kevin Novak, indicated the models have been updated as if none were available. Poor customer service, phone calls often not returned, install person who does not work for the store is very difficult to schedule installs with and not very accommodating. I would not refer anyone to Grand Appliance and am still fighting for a new replacement unit!

Description of Work
In August this year purchased 4 major appliances including a 3 unit wall oven which was a floor sample.

03/21/2016

ELVIN P.

It cost me a penny. It cost me a little bit of money. I think that companies try to...if they don't have a product, they try to get another one in and charge you a little bit more and I just don't like that. If you say you got a sale, give that person a sale and if you don't have that product, give them a little break on the product that you are going to give them for the product you don't have.

Description of Work
It was for appliance sales.

06/25/2015

William W.

Description of Work
Removed my old washer & dryer and installed a new washer & dryer in my basement. They did a nice job, good experience all around. I paid more than I would have if I had purchased equipment on Amazon and hired a plumber or handyman to do the install. But I believe the difference is cost was made up by the quality of the experience and if something goes wrong I know they'll stand behind their work. I suggest using them for any service they provide.

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

05/09/2015

Harlan W.

I walked into their showroom. It had taken quit some time prior to someone assisting me. Anyway, this top rated model Samsung refrigerator, this Grand Appliance store does stock nor did they have it to see either. We read about it earlier and viewed it at a local Lowe's. So, one good thing was that they had honored a sale that had just ended two days prior. This ended up costing at least $800.00 less, which was the good part. You will have to twist some arms, stomp your feet and threaten them you'll take your business elsewhere if they don't. And, you might have to really carry out your threats. I ended up speaking with manager Bryan Komas. He seems nice enough. However, on this day, we paid them entirely for this refrigerator and had to wait at least 10 days to actually receive it at our home. They'll set up a delivery date at the store. With a supposed 3 hrs. delivery window time on the date. Someone will call you the night or so before hand. This time window is just an estimate, as it really turned out. The delivery guys were late. They showed at about 4 pm. You'll have to be proactive with these people. They won't be with you. Give the store your mobile # unless you want to be "handcuffed" and wait ALL day for your delivery. I called and had to speak with Bryan again and ask them where and when we'd get our Samsung as promised. He followed up with the delivery guys, then they finally had called me to let me know that they were coming. Only to even be later after saying they were 30 mins. away when in reality nearly another 1 hr. If you're patient, and content with slightly above average service, then you'll like shopping here. The prices are competitively good. Deal with Mr. Brian Komas if you're not making any head way. Scott is also helpful. UPDATED (6/5/15): We have been having troubles already with our new 4 weeks new (old) Samsung refrigerator. This Grand Appliance store is ending up being very proactively helpful here. Samsung is not as much. A contracted authorized repair facility Sierra Inc. is going out of business. They have pulled on our cranks for weeks we've had these noise problems. And, they (Sierra Inc., a Samsung authorized warranty agent) NEVER repaired our refrigerator as they had said they would. Anyway, Grand Appliance is exchanging our refrigerator for another new one. And, as they should be. Either same model again or another brand to our choosing. We're going to try the LG instead. This Samsung is quite annoying and troubling with the loud popping, crackling expansion and contraction noises. The fan to the refrigerator compartment, developed an annoying growling noise as well. Yes, their operations manual says some is normal, but ours was unacceptably loud due to the smaller home we have. For this reason, I'm steering clear of Samsung. I'm not sold on Samsung's customer service follow on warranty either. Be leary on buying anything because of a warranty. Ask questions of others first. For the company's reputation and actual experiences, then make your decisions. I'm surprised at Samsung here. I had thought that they'd be a lot better given favorable reviews.

Description of Work
We had purchased the top rated Samsung RF25HMEDBSR 25 cu. ft. French 4 door refrigerator here. It's being returned for a new untroubled one. Read UPDATE below, please.

04/02/2015

Robert S.

Description of Work
We bought a new washer. They delivered and installed it and removed the old broken washer. Because we had no washer, we wanted the new one delivered quickly. Grand had the washer delivered within a few days of our first call.

03/11/2015

LISA W.

01/22/2015

Joe B.

I really wish you could give zero stars to a company but that is not an option. I have never had a worse customer service experience in my life. The manager, Bryan, and his assistant Joe are about as incompetent and insincere as they come. We purchased our washing machine 2 years ago with the description that this was a premium product. We have since had it serviced THREE times. This last event left us without a washer for 3.5 weeks. In a family with 4 kids that doesn't work out very well. When I called the store directly, having met with an even worse experience from the extended warranty company, I was informed that it's not uncommon to be without your appliance for 3-4 weeks while waiting for covered repairs. Ridiculous. These people pride themselves on a great customer service experience? I found that my experience was anything but that. No one takes responsibility. Everyone seems to 'have to talk to someone higher up' in order for anything to happen. Their president must be extremely busy or as incompetent as his employees. I warn EVERYONE, consider going somewhere else to purchase any appliance. This place is a joke at best.

Description of Work
Washing machine and dryer sale.

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

We apologize that your experience left you so obviously frustrated. We were in contact with the extended warranty provider throughout the process in an effort to expedite your case. Repairs were attempted, and when that did not work, you were approved for an exchange.

12/20/2014

Aquilino L.

We worked with them through our builder. They were able to ask us what we wanted out of them and kind of guide us to what they had and the discounts. They were really open to whatever, but they were still helpful with things. Everything was fine. There was no trouble with the quality of their merchandise. When I had them come, they got back to me right away.

Description of Work
We bought our appliances from Grand Appliance and TV. We bought for the whole house. We bought the washer and dryer, dishwasher, stove, refrigerator and whole system.

Category appliance sales, tv sales

06/04/2014

Marie S.

The service was excellent.

Description of Work
Grand Appliance and TV provided me an appliance sale service. They did all our appliances considering the kitchen.

04/01/2014

dominic F.

They have a good sale. Their service is really good. They're prompt. Their prices are very competitive.

Description of Work
I go to Grand Appliance and TV for appliance services.

05/15/2013

Pamela E.

I have had problems with freezers in the past so I did purchase an extra warrantee. The purchase and delivery went very well. They were very helpful. I did check out several different stores. I did not want to order something without being able to see it and check it out in person. I was able to do this at Grand.

Description of Work
I purchased a Whirlpool freezer and warrantee.

03/03/2013

Carole M.

Very satisfied with purchase experience and results in kitchen appearance.

Description of Work
I had researched refrigerator and dishwasher brands and knew what features and brands would probably be preferred. Went to the store on a Saturday. The store manager knows his products well, could immediately go to the models with features I requested and could answer questions and explain differences between models. He was attentive without being at all pushy. He coordinated delivery and installer (required a new line for icemaker) for the next Tuesday. One item came from store and one from central warehouse. Delivery was on time and installation was efficient. I spent a bit more than planned due to my selection, but prices were competitive with other stores.

08/15/2012

MRS GLORIA M F.

The one good thing about them was that the sales woman was very helpful and good about measuring the refrigerator for me and the area it need to fit in. The refrigerator that they sent me though was one previously sent to another that had been repaired before. Some of the inside parts and the instruction book were missing. I did get the instruction book from the, but a few weeks later the fridge needed repaired. The repair man confirmed that the refrigerator had been repaired before, after Grand had told me I had received a brand new one. In the end we contacted Kitchen Aid and under warranty, I was sent a brand new fridge. I would not recommend them to anyone else.

Description of Work
Purchased a new Kitchen Aid refrigerator.

07/26/2012

Anne B.

I purchased the dishwasher on a Saturday morning. First thing Monday I received a call from Shawn (perhaps spelled Sean!) to arrange delivery; we set it for Tuesday around 4 p.m. Around 1 PM on Tuesday, Shawn called to say they were closer to my house than their next delivery so they could swing by now if that would work for me. They arrived 15 minutes later, introduced themselves, and went to work removing the old dishwasher. Throughout they remained professional and courteous with a can-do attitude. When something minor went wrong with the installation (I don't know what -- someone might have gotten a finger pinched) I heard one of exclaim something like and quot;Oh Fudge Cake!and quot; instead of cussing. I was so impressed that I called the Grand Appliances while they were still packing up in the driveway and thanked them for sending this team; of all the appliances I have purchased in a 30-year-marriage, this has been by far the best experience. Also, the dishwasher is light years better than our old one. Sign me up for Team Bosch.

Description of Work
I purchased a dishwasher. Grand Appliances is a local company I've purchased from before. The dishwasher was top-rated by Consumer Reports, the salesperson I dealt with was professional. The team who delivered and installed the new dishwasher, independent installers organized as Builders Plus, were The. Best. Installers. I've come across in 30 years of buying major appliances. (There was no problem with the person who delivered the washing machine a year ago, either, but an under-the-counter dishwasher is a bigger job than connecting hoses on a washing machine, and the installation of the previous dishwasher was not a happy experience so I was expecting trouble this time as well.)

07/06/2012

June H.

I did have a very bad experience with delivery of some items, however upon contacting Customer Service, I had immediate action to resolve all my issues. In fact I would say this is the BEST Customer Service experiance I have had in years. The microwave deivered was not the item I purchased, they replaced it next day. The washer was scratched during installation (a very tight fit for a large size stacked washer and dryer) within two days customer service sent me matching touch-up paint. The installers accidently got very sticky tape goo on my kitchen floor while installing the large refrigerator. They immediately worked to clean up the problem, as best as they could, however the floor remained sticky and with several black spots. I talked to Customer Service and agreed that I would attempt to use my new floor steam cleaner to resolve the problem, if this did not work they were prepared to send out a professional service to clean up the mess. Gladly the floor steamer did remove the goo and the spots. And finally I would say that the stacked washer and dryer were delivered and installed however I did not use them for about 3 weeks -- I had not moved back into the house for some time after the installation. The first day I went to us the new High Efficiency (HE) Washer I found that there was no instruction manual. Only a dryer manual. I called Customer Service, yet again, and the next day in the mail I received a manual for the machine. Delivery of my appliances came on three different dates, and Grand was very easy to work with to schedule these different appliances as the tradesmen needed them.

Description of Work
I purchased all new appliances, to replace those destroyed in a house fire. Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washer and Dryer. Salesman was very helpful. Knew which brands were the best in each catagory of appliance. I did my homework regarding prices and Grand did meet lower prices that I found.

02/21/2012

JIM L.

They were very helpful and answered all of my questions. The delivery men were careless when unloading the machine off of the truck, they partially dropped it on the street. I discussed this with the management and they were going to address it.

Description of Work
.I bought a washing machine.

06/18/2010

ANN U.

I ordered a new refrigerator which was delivered exactly as promised. Sales rep was friendly and helpful but not aggressive. I had done my research and was pretty much decided on what I wanted prior to visiting the store. Delivery was exactly within the time frame they gave me. Delivery workers were speedy and professional. They removed all packaging material.

Description of Work
I ordered a new 21 cubic foot refrigerator. Service included delivery, set-up and removal of the old refrigerator.

Apex Audio/Video LLC

Apex Audio/Video was founded on the principle that simplicity is paramount in every clients connected home. Over our many years of service we have provided the latest in TV installation, home theater, home automation, whole house audio, WiFi networking, video surveillance and new construction pre-wiring. Its not about buying the latest gadget. Its about finding the product that fits your lifestyle. We began working in this field because of our passion for audio/video, now it’s our turn to bring that passion home to you.

2022 Super Service Award

Dave's Appliance Service

Dave’s Appliance Service is proud to provide superior customer service and appliance repair to clients in Milwaukee, Waukesha and surrounding counties. Specializing in all major appliance repair, including refrigerator repair and washer repair, the experts at Dave’s appliance service can fix any appliance quickly and affordably. Dave’s Appliance Service is a family-owned and operated company and has provided top-notch appliance repair in Milwaukee for over 50 years. Our reputation for quality, reliable service is one of the best in the business. Dave’s appliance service repairs all your favorite name brands including Frigidaire, GE, Sears, LG, Bosch, Hotpoint and Whirlpool. Additional phone - (414) 358-0007.

Offers Coupon

Correct Cabling

Hello there! I hope I can earn your business. Please see my website and Google business profile for Correct Cabling LLC to see more work samples and customer reviews. We bring a lot of value with the right knowledge, tools, and work ethic we bring to every project. I have cabled thousands of homes and would treat your home or business like my own. Thank you for your interest!

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

Sales appliance including television, audio system, home theater, dryer, washer, mattress & bbq.