Waunakee Remodeling

Founded 1977 • With Angi since December 2006

1001 Frank H St

Waunakee, WI 53597

For over 35 years, the skilled craftsmen at Waunakee Remodeling have helped homeowners throughout the Waunakee, WI area transform their homes into beautiful, unique spaces. Planning and developing a remodeling project can be difficult. That’s why we do all the heavy-lifting, and leave the fun

01/05/2023

Todd C.

Extremely disappointed. I chose Waunakee Remodeling because of their excellent ratings but was clearly misinformed. Waunakee Remodeling replaced our roof and skylights. They were given carte blanche to make any necessary repairs. Several months after the work was completed, one of the skylights began to leak. After several emails and phone calls, the initial installer finally came to assess the problem. First, he claimed that several of the water stains were paint. They were not. Next, he blamed the extremely cold weather. The leak had occurred and been reported prior to the cold spell. Finally, he said the problem was with the house and not with their “impeccable” workmanship. However, the previous skylight did not have these issues.

Description of Work
New roof, new skylights

Category skylights

05/08/2020

Ellen L.

Excellent. They did great work, good quality, conscientious, and nice people.

Description of Work
They did bathroom and laundry remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

02/03/2020

Tim S.

Do not believe any of what this company says. They "repaired" our roof and we have had them back multiple times because it leaked almost from the first rain we had after they did the work and portions of the shingles fall off almost monthly. It took them three months to come out to "look at" the shingle issue and they simply refused to look at the leak issue--they needed to "send a different guy out" and they have simply NOT followed up. Most recently they began shifting blame citing very poor workmanship; astoundingly, however, they shifted blame to themselves. We literally have rubbermaid tubs full of water in our attic and they simply do not stand behind their work. Avoid this company at all costs! They have no integrity and they do not honor their warranties.

Description of Work
Roofing replace and repair

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We understand your frustration with your home remodeling project. We believe that we have gone above and beyond our contracted commitments for you as a customer. However, there are things that are out of our control and homeowners must still do their part to maintain their property. In your specific situation there were things that needed maintenance before a final solution could be made by Waunakee Remodeling. We feel that we have been very responsive to your requests and uphold our company to the highest standards of customer satisfaction. However, sometimes we are not the best fit for all projects. I am eager to come to an amicable solution regarding this issue

01/15/2018

Dennis H.

Beautifully. Waunakee has done other things for us and are always great to work with, from the estimator to the foreman to the craftsmen. I can't really say enough about their care and attention, not to mention their skills. These guys are good!

Description of Work
Remodeled open deck to screened in porch plus deck.

Category decks, remodeling

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for this amazing review. I look forward to sharing these kind words with our foreman, craftsmen, and estimator. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful customer experience with us. Best regards, Waunakee Remodeling

10/18/2017

Jeanne B.

Projects were done on time and within budget. The onsite foreman was great. We had some complaints about some of the deck staining and grout in the bathroom. the problem areas were replaced. Brian (our salesperson) came back out to take a look at the grout. The grout in the bathroom was likely due to getting it wet too soon after installation. The grout was replaced at no additional cost to us. We also had questions on our bathroom towel racks that had gotten loose - he fixed one and showed us how to tighten the other ones. Their response to issues was professional. We were very happy with their work.

Description of Work
Window replacements for the entire house, installed two sliding glass doors, remodeled bathroom, remodeled family room, installed deck.

Category decks, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are always striving to better our customer experience and your feedback is very much appreciated. We are so happy that you love all the work performed. Enjoy your new spaces!

07/25/2017

David L.

Some good work, had to supervise to correct many errors. Overall, we were dissatisfied, and felt they were unreasonable and overcharged for what was done. Left much cleaning work for us to do. Never followed up on cleaning out vents at the end. A lot of lacking in follow-through. A nightmare experience, took way longer to complete work than planned -- often came home to see skeletal crew, when much work was to be done still.. Questionable charges. Never resolved our request for reconciling costs. Can hear workers cursing, leaving cigarettes butts everywhere -- not professional. Just awful. We cannot understand their A rating, based on our experience.

Description of Work
Renovation work, exterior siding, replacement windows, steps, vaulting ceiling of one room, 2 - fireplace build-outs, balcony work.

Category remodeling, siding, replacement windows, doors

06/11/2017

Michael K.

Overall good--the windows look good, but they had to return to realign trim pieces and fix a broken tile.

Description of Work
Window replacement

04/13/2017

Anne T.

The door work did not go as well. The actual installation was fine but they left the biggest mess after they were done. They left wood shavings throughout the house. I had to pay $200 for a maid to come in and clean the house. I called the company to let them know I had a problem and the manager I talked to was very arrogant, and accusatory. He told me they already fired a guy but he did not apologize for anything. My neighbors had complained about them making loud noise from the radio. They told me I should have told them to send out a cleaning up service. I did not know they even had one and I don't know why they thought that was my responsibility to even ask. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
They replaced my windows and did a great job. Later I had them replace a front and back door.

03/13/2017

Dennis H.

Terrific. Quality job and great to work with. Love the porch.

Description of Work
Built screened porch, partly replacing existing deck.

Category decks

01/30/2017

Ben R.

Skylights - They went very well. They ran into issues but handled them quickly. The job looks very professional and clean. Gutters - We ran into major water damage issues on the fascia and siding in some areas. They walked us through the damaged areas, asked if wanted them fixed and quoted the work. This was cedar siding they were working on and did a fantastic job. Looking in at the areas they added now material you can't tell the difference, which is pretty amazing. They weren't cheap to start with and the addition of this repair certainly added a lot more. However, we had a high degree of confidence that they would do the work well for that price based on their professionalism.

Description of Work
3 Skylights installed. New gutters installed, including covers on the upper areas of the house.

Category gutter repair, siding, skylights

09/12/2016

Amy P.

Good. We replaced our old, ugly front door with a beautiful, high-quality full glass door. The installation was efficient. When the deadbolt didn't line up as well as it should, they came back the same day to adjust it. The sales person was helpful with all of our questions and not pushy in any way.

Description of Work
Front door replacement

Category doors

08/10/2016

Hem H.

Earlier this year (2016), I contracted Waunakee Remodeling to update my kitchen with flooring, countertops, gas installation, new sink, plumbing and major appliances. Consulting with Project Manager Ken Fennewald and Project Consultant Chad Trimble, we set out a plan for getting the job started, continued and completed. Starting: Floor plans were drawn, appliances/sink/faucet/countertops were chosen, scheduling was implemented and supplies ordered. Continuing: Gas piping, flooring, countertops, sink and plumbing were installed. Completion: Carpentry (wood-working and finishing details), inspection and final nit-picking adjustments. The people that helped make the project a success were: • Waunakee remodeling - Ken Fennewald - Project Manager - Chad Trimble - Project Consultant - Jenny - Designer - Sawyer and Cory - Carpenters • CarpetsPlus COLORTILE - Jeff Howery - Flooring Consultant - Bob - Installer • Avid Plumbing - Eric - Owner • Grand Appliances, Inc - Doug Haag - Building Account Manager - Installation crew (do not remember names, sorry) • Ideal Surfaces, Inc - Countertop Installers (do not remember names, sorry) The project was handled by very professional, friendly, knowledgeable and courteous people. They went way above my expectations to complete the job smoothly and on-time. I totally recommend Waunakee Remodeling and the subcontractors.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

Category electrician, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

06/01/2016

charles H.

The Waunakee guys arrived in less than a week and did an amazing job on the gutter. Cannot tell it was ever bent. As a bonus they unclogged a downspout that I had failed to get clean on multiple tries. From here forward, I will call Waunakee Remodeling first for gutter repairs and replacement. I could not be more satisfied with the result I got. I expect that when the next rain hits, the gutters will do their work.

Description of Work
Waunakee repaired a gutter that had been bent by a falling tree. The gutter had a total run of about 50ft, but only about 24 inches were bent and releasing lots of water when it rained. I contacted five gutter places with A ratings on AngiesList. Two said they don't do repairs. One said they would try to repair it, but their minimum charge is $250, so why not buy a whole new gutter for $350? Another was at first unresponsive, then said they don't do repairs, then a few days later attached an estimate of $300 to my front door. Finally I contacted Waunakee through its web page. Jeff phoned me within 10 minutes. I sent him two photos, said he could fix it for $200, and would send a couple guys out in week.

Category gutter repair

03/01/2016

MaryLee S.

They were very considerate, I had family staying at the time, but there was no inconvenience on our part. Their clean-up was very good! All waste material and equipment was removed, and except for the great new windows, one would not know that there had been work done. Since it has been several years since they have done any work for me, it is difficult to remember details, but all the workers from this company that have worked on my house have been very courteous and skilled.

Description of Work
Replace large window unit.

Category replacement windows

It's great to hear after all these years you still have a positive memory about your installation. We strive to provide the highest satisfaction possible through jobsite cleanliness, quality products and installation.

02/29/2016

Larry P.

Great crew. Minimal disruption. Fantastic daily clean up. Excellent finished quality.

Description of Work
Placed Anderson Renewal windows in the house. Replaced front door and screen door.

08/21/2015

Beth E.

They do very good work. They're pricey, but their workers are good. The communication is lacking, though. For example, my husband called them, left a voicemail, didn't hear anything for 10 days, then we got back from a walk and they left a message saying they'd be there 8:00am the following morning. They never follow up either to hear how the service went. Another thing that's lacking is they don't offer an Angie's List discount up front, and we have to specifically ask for it.

Description of Work
They put up gutter guards up on the front of our house At another time, they also re-sided our whole house

Category gutter repair, siding

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear you are happy with the quality of work we provide. We appreciate the feedback about communication as it is something we are continually improving on.

06/18/2015

MARILYN S.

Had serious mold problem in attic crawlspace; sought Waunakee Remodeling's advice. Was referred to insulation specialist they work with -- very pleased with work. Considered new siding to help with total house insulation needs. Received bids from 3 companies for new replacement roof and siding -- Waunakee was not lowest but we had confidence in their knowledge and professionalism. Work was explained in detail; schedule established and adhered to. Found serious problems with water-damage on side of house -- was repaired and work continued. Very satisfied with people who did work. Questions were answered clearly, showed up on time, worked a full day when weather permitted. Crew was extremely careful with outside plantings, etc. Will definitely use them again for any remodeling needs. Would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Complete new roof, siding, referred insulation specialist

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, water damage restoration, replacement windows

Thank you for choosing us! We appreciate you taking the time to write the detailed review. It sounds like you did your homework and it paid off for you.

06/01/2015

Mary L. M.

They were wonderful. They were so careful and they cleaned up after them. They did an excellent job. I will use them again. I wish I should have hired them for my other remodeling work.

Description of Work
They did all my patio doors and windows.

Category replacement windows, doors

It's very nice of you to say those wonderful things about our crews. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver and it's important to hear what your experience was. Thank you.

05/05/2015

Will T.

My wife and I contacted Waunakee Remodeling to bid on a kitchen/bath/bedroom addition for our home. We had previously used Waunakee Remodeling to do $20,000 in replacement windows and doors. We did have issues with the door replacement which was ordered incorrectly and quickly installed while we were away at work. After some discussion, they admitted the door had been incorrectly changed at the factory. Given that they had made good on their previous mistake, we thought we would try them again. I contacted them back in early March and was asked by Brian to call back and have someone else schedule him to come out - which, by the way, should have been my first clue as to how this would turn out. I was told by the scheduler that Brian could come out a week later - in the late afternoon. The day of the appointment, Brian called to see if I could meet him a couple of hours earlier since he was free and didn't want to wait if he didn't have to. Since I was already taking time off from work to meet him, I wasn't able to. Brian showed up and took a look at our plans and walked around the house a bit. He seemed confused by the fact that we were already working with a professional designer and liked the layout we had come up with. He didn't really take any measurements and did only a cursory look outside. He then told us he would go back to the office and come up with a detailed estimate that would take approximately one week. Three days later, we received an email with an estimate of approximately $235K - no details, no idea of the basis for it. As estimated, the per square foot cost was over $500. I sent a response back to Brian indicating that seemed more than a little extreme. I never received a reply. That is the last time I have or will contact Waunakee Remodeling.

Description of Work
Estimate for Kitchen/Bath/Bedroom addition. (estimate was $235000.00)

Category handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

Thank you for the feedback on your experience. This is very helpful for us in approaching future projects of this size. We are glad you gave us another opportunity to work with you and we will use this information to help improve the customer experience the future.

04/02/2015

Andy K.

Updated 4/3/2015 - Our porch remodeling with Waunakee Remodeling continues to go extremely well. This project has been one of the easiest work we have done on our house. The carpenters Eric and Justin are an incredible team and very pleasant to have at our house and do very exacting work. Gerry Schultz is the project manager and comes each day to check on progress and answer questions. Brian Brady is the consultant who designed the project and got the original estimate and was very helpful at the start of the project. This is the way a project should be done! Updated 6/2/2015 - Our porch project is finished and we continue to be incredibly happy with Waunakee Remodeling. There were some problems with a door to the porch and when we brought this up with Gerry - the project manager, he immediately sought a solution. A new door was quickly installed that was perfect. What impressed us in addition to the quality of the work was the intention to get every right and to our satisfaction. This is a high quality company and we plan to use them anytime we have remodeling plans for our old house. Bravo! We finally have a contractor who does fine work, is on schedule, and is a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
They have come to remodel our porch on an old house and are in process currently. I have been totally impressed at every step of the work - from the original estimate to the beginning of work. We made the contract in the late fall to start in the spring and the first week of good weather they were here working. The estimator, project manager, and construction crew are among the most professional I have ever come across. They come when they say they will and the work is going splendidly. Their suggestions are helpful and I am convinced the actual work is of the highest quality. This company excellent and I would recommend them for any project.

Category decks

Wow! This is an awesome review. We appreciate you as a customer and look forward to our lasting relationship! Thanks again for choosing us. Now go enjoy your new space!

04/01/2015

Mary H.

Project was initiated because old tub/shower was leaking into basement. Workers removed old tub/shower and replaced flooring under tub. They ripped out drywall around tub to insure there was no rot. They tore out old wall laminate, installed and painted new drywall, installed new vinyl floor, plus installed towel bars and other fixtures.They carefully removed and reinstalled window and cabinet trim. All carpenters, plumbers, electricians, drywallers, and painters were professional, clean, and friendly. Contractor worked hard to finish project in 2 weeks, as this was the only shower I had. They even inserted a temporary spout in the bathtub so I could take a bath, while they finished flooring, drywall, and painting. Both project consultant and contractor went out of their way to ensure I was happy every step of the way.

Description of Work
Remodeled small 1st floor bathroom, including new bath/shower surround

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you for your feedback. We always love to hear about projects like this where the focus was getting you back to normal as soon as possible. It's never fun to discover an issue with your home and I'm glad we were able to help you resolve it!

03/24/2015

Kenneth R.

It was great. The contractors were very competent.

Description of Work
They installed solar powered skylights.

Category skylights, solar panels

You've been a customer for us and we are glad you had another great experience.

03/24/2015

Elizabeth G.

It turned out really good. They did an excellent job. The windows were really drafty. They had to order windows so it took awhile. Very professional.

Description of Work
Three window installation.

Category replacement windows

We're happy to hear that the project went well. It's important to us to hear your concerns about the timeline. We always order custom size windows and it sounds like we could have done a better job communicating that timeline to you. Thanks again for the comments!

02/18/2015

Greg L.

Everything went smoothly. There was fast turn around and it was done in a day which were the outstanding features about them. I would recommend them. They are a little pricey.

Description of Work
Waunakee Remodeling is the only one I used to replace the windows.

Category replacement windows

Glad to hear we delivered on your expectations. Thanks for the feedback.

02/17/2015

Maelanie & Peter K.

Everything went very smoothly. They took our design ideas and incorporated them fully. They were very thorough. The trim work and specific tasks were taken carefully. After the first winter they called back in the spring to make sure the portico had not been damaged by the winter weather.

Description of Work
They built a portico over our side entrance.

Category doors, sunrooms

It's always good to hear that we brought your design dreams to life. We love collaborating on projects like yours. Thanks again.

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers Coupon

PC Fusion

We provide home automation installation, ideas, advice, and computer services. We use any product you prefer and like Google Nest Products, that control video doorbells, video surveillance, decorative home lighting installation, automated thermostats and automatic blinds, and window treatments that can be controlled through the internet from anywhere on any device. We work on computing devices, (desktops, laptops, and all of the automation devices we install). We can set-up your business servers to allow you to work from home or anywhere and get your business products repaired, optimized or upgraded, including virus removal and file restoration.

2022 Super Service Award

Dedicated Electric

Residential, Agricultural, and Commercial Electrician Master Electrician Owner/Operator 7 years of Experience Fully Licensed and Insured

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, Financing

Window Replacement, Roofing, Siding, Gutter Systems, Entry & Patio Doors, Screen Rooms, Three Season Rooms, Additions, Decks, Kitchens, Baths, Skylights, & Basements.