PHARO HEATING AND COOLING

Founded 1983 • With Angi since February 2009

5341 W River Rd

Waunakee, WI 53597

Super Service Award winning Pharo Heating Company Inc is your local family owned Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) specialist. We specialize in the installation and service of residential and commercial systems. With service available 24/7 and free estimates on

02/13/2019

Bill H.

Tech arrived exactly when promised. Got to work and was done, cleaned up and paid in 1.5 hours. Neat installation. Connected copper tubing to hot soft water line over about 9 feet of ceiling via floor truss. All packaging, scraps and other debris removed from house. Very clean installation. Humidifier controlled from same solid state thermostat that runs the furnace and a/c, also installed by Pharo several years ago. Tech gave me brief and simple instructions on use and adjustment of humidity level. After a couple of days, humidity settled down to setting we desired and has been quiet and trouble-free since. Recommended.

Description of Work
Install whole-house humidifier on existing furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the feedback! We hope you enjoy your new Aprilaire Humidifier!

07/16/2018

Kevin V.

I've always been treated very well. They communicate well. When you have an appointment, they show up on time. They do a good job and thier prices are competitive.

Description of Work
They do an annual maintenace service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the nice review and providing feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to do this.

11/16/2016

Kevin B.

Smooth. He was (and always is) extremely punctual, arrived within a minute of the scheduled time. He got right to work, answered any questions I had, and I still made it to work on time!

Description of Work
He checked my furnace and humidifier and replaced both filters

10/04/2016

Anne D.

Great service - they do thorough inspections and repair if needed, and give very useful tips on preventive maintenance. Very responsive and great to work with.

Description of Work
Annual checks and service for my furnace and A/C.

06/07/2016

Jim Patch Jim P.

I have been using them for probably 20 years. We had built a house years ago; we are not living there anymore but they installed the AC and furnace so we just kept going to them.

Description of Work
It was just the heating.

06/07/2016

Jim Patch Jim P.

I would use them again. That was not the first time I used them. I have used them probably for 22 years.

Description of Work
I use Pharo. I last used them last fall. They worked on the heating.

02/29/2016

Mary W.

They do a great job. They stand behind their work.

Description of Work
There was a slight problem and they came back to fix the problem. They just fixed the problem.

04/24/2015

Wayne M.

The technician arrived right on schedule. He performed the checkup quickly and professionally. He also made suggestions for maintaining the AC unit. I couldn't be more pleased with the experience, and will call Pharo the next time I need any furnace or AC assistance.

Description of Work
Performed a checkup on AC.

01/19/2015

Florian P.

Very professional. Unlike others, Pharo did not recommend re-charge system as the temperature output was fine. They made a few other practical suggestions.

Description of Work
Provided and assessment on my current AC performance.

01/13/2015

Jim Patch Jim P.

They are always prompt, professional, courteous, and I can?t say too many good things about them. They have also installed a new air conditioning unit and have done a lot of maintenance work on our furnace over the years.

Description of Work
They did an inspection for us before we sold our home. They also wrote a letter that we could include in our sale for perspective owners.

12/27/2014

Mary C.

Excellent service. Arrived on time and quickly replaced the part.

Description of Work
The on call technician, John, talked me through a quick fix the night before so I would have heat. He was patient, knowledgeable, and respectful with me on the phone. Then the next day, he came out and replaced a faulty valve that was still under warranty.

11/11/2014

Bradley W.

very well, they will try to sell you on various components and an entire system upgrade.

Description of Work
HVAC system check up

09/08/2014

Kevin V.

They do an outstanding job. I have an older furnace/AC which they keep running without problems. I have asked them to keep me informed if there are any serious concerns with the systems. They provided me with a quote for a replacement system, which I will have them install if and when the need arises. Pharo Heating and Cooling has provided my regular maintenance service for many years and I recommend them without hesitation.

Description of Work
Annual Maintenance Contract. They provide spring service on the AC and fall service on the furnace.

09/06/2014

Brad L.

Ran into some permit issue or I would've pulled the trigger.

Description of Work
Quote for a gas line move.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas leak repair

08/25/2014

Mary R. C.

Excellent - a very stressful situation (unit in closet) turned out to no stress. First the office - coordinated everything from electrical bids to installation and answered all my questions. Worked with my schedule for all of this - excellent customer service. Installation - fantastic! They were professional and timed everything with the electrician. They were able to install the inside unit without tearing up the drywall!

Description of Work
Replacement of air conditioning system/requiring update of electrical to meet code. Inside unit (air exchange) plus outside unit. Inside unit was in very "tight" area in closet - concerned about tearing out drywall to remove and replace unit in closet.

07/14/2014

Marilyn M.

On time, clean, courteous, informative, polite.

Description of Work
Replace furnace /AC & add humidifier.

06/05/2014

Runi H.

Our A/C did not give cool air to reach the thermostat's temperature. Called the company and was told to wait and see overnight if cool air will kick in eventually (since it was pretty hot and humid that day, after long cold winter days). Overnight, A/C still not giving enough cool air, so we called next morning to have technician come that day (after 2pm). The lady at their office was very nice, she called around 3:25pm to inform that our request is still on their schedule that day, but technician was just running late. Around 4:45pm, technician showed up promptly, checked, and found out outdoor unit's capacitor was not working. He replaced the capacitor. Work was very quick, I think less than 15 minutes total.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor on A/C outdoor unit.

05/05/2014

Cheryl J.

Extremely well! On time, neat and friendly.

Description of Work
New air conditioner installed.

02/20/2014

Judith H.

I didn't notice my furnace wasn't working until early evening. The sun had been out all day and kept my home fairly warm. So I knew I'd be in for after hour pricing. The temperature outside was near zero and my inside temperature was dropping 1-2 degrees/hour. I called Pharo (since they were the original installers of the furnace) and their answering service took the call. A technician called me back within 10 minutes. I explained my problem and he said he'd be over in 45 minutes (he had to drive from his home to Madison). He also very clearly explained the additional off hour charge and made sure I was ok with paying that rate. With the outdoor temperature dropping below zero - I couldn't afford to wait until morning - so I agreed to the additional charges. Jeff arrived on time and did some basic troubleshooting on my furnace. He was truly dismayed to identify the circuit board as the failed component. He was hoping it was a less expensive part. He did not have a replacement in his truck - so he left to hunt one down. He went to a co-worker's and searched his truck and didn't find the part. He then went back to the shop and searched there. Over an hour had passed and I was worried he wasn't able to find the part. He came back about 90 minutes later with the part. He said he almost gave up searching in the shop but eventually found the part. It took him all of 10 minutes to install it. I appreciated the fact that Jeff went the extra mile to find the part for me that night. He could have easily said I'd have to wait until the next day. He was courteous, genuinely concerned and made sure I didn't go without heat for the night. He again explained the additional cost and basically it cost me $100 more for the off hour labor and trip charge. I did not feel I was overcharged and it was worth it for me to get my heat restored that evening. I have had Pharo come out and service my furnace/AC unit in the past. Each time they have been courteous, prompt and fully resolved the problem without a return visit. I am very pleased with their technicians and customer service and highly recommend them as a service provider. I am a happy customer.1

Description of Work
The provider replaced the furnace circuit board

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

01/31/2014

Jason L.

They showed up promptly at 8:05, went right to work, they completed a new furnace install in 3 hours that included clean up and walking me through the controls.

Description of Work
Install of a new furnace.

01/27/2014

Mary W.

Our furnace ignitor failed the day after Thanksgiving. Pharo did a temporary repair and replaced the furnace (almost 20 years old) today.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and air filter.

01/23/2014

Jeffrey O.

The visit went very well. The tech was professional, knowledgeable, very helpful, explained what he was doing and why he was doing it. There was an obscure issue with the thermostat that controls my heat pump system, and while he didn't have the immediate answer, he had a contact in the industry that was able to give him the information that he needed. I don't give all A's lightly for the Angie's List ratings, but I did give all A's for this experience.

Description of Work
Provider came the same day to fix an issue with my furnace. The furnace would only heat up to 50°F. I also have a heat pump system that was causing my air conditioning system to run almost constantly even though the outside temps were below freezing; I asked that they look into this as well.

01/15/2014

KATHLEEN S.

These guys are just great. Beyond the checkup mentioned above they replaced our furnace a couple years ago (old one had a CO leak) with a much more efficient one that seems like it will pay for itself in several years with lower gas bills. The AC went out on one of those 100 degree days a year and a half ago, of course it was a Friday night at 11 PM. The service guy was here in about 40 minutes and fixed it. They come once a year to check the AC too. They are always on time, always polite, and don't seem to mind me watching what they're doing because I'm overly curious. They are very professional. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
This was the an annual checkup on the furnace they installed and the price included an Aprilaire air filter and the humidifier filter thing.

11/27/2013

mary K.

TERRIBLE !! As mentioned, I contacted them based on an ad to complete a simple check. I presumed they would clean the firing points and possibly inform me of the conditions of my duct work. However, he arrived on time, I showed him where the thermostat and the furnace was, then left him to go upstairs. He drilled holes in my PVC pipe, held his gauge to it and came up to report i had a 'bad heat exchanger.' I asked what that meant. He stated "its dangerous to turn on the furnace, carbon monoxide count is too high." I was stunned. We've never had a problem with the furnace or the AC. He then told me either I would have to get the exchanger replaced OR buy a new furnace -- for about $2700.00 The most disturbing fact was that he was way too enthusiastic to get the serial / model # to provide the replacement. This made me suspicious. My gutt instincts were activated.... At that point I told him I'd have to talk it over w family. He still wanted the full $120. I told him to get his manager on the phone and agreed to pay $40 trip charge and that was it. I then purchased two new CO detectors and my sister gave me another very trusted & costly detector. Since we've had frosty weather up here, and 3 detectors on each floor, all in working order, not once -- NOT ONCE -- has any alarmed. As a nurse, I know the S/S of CO poisoning. and not once-- NOT ONCE --- has any of us woke w/ headache, nausea, etc. My opinion is Pharo stays in business by suckering people into buying new furnaces. BUYER BEWARE

Description of Work
The contact was initiated for them to come do a winter check on my 14 yr old furnace. Their tech came and within 8 minutes was back upstairs to inform me I needed a new furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], We are sorry you feel that way however we stand behind our technicians findings and recommendation. When we do a furnace check-up, one of the first things we do is to test the carbon monoxide levels in the furnace to see if the unit is safe to operate. If your heat exchanger is cracked or failing, then you will have elevated carbon monoxide levels that can be dangerous if left unresolved. The furnace vents these gases outside through the exhaust vent so your in-home carobon monoxide detectors are probably not going to pick it up unless it is not exhausting properly. Since our technician found elevated CO levels, which were over 100ppm, in the furnace exhaust we would recommend replacing your furnace or heat exchanger. If you do not trust us, then please contact another heating contractor and get their opinion. As a nurse you should know the dangers in CO poisoning and take the matter serious. We are a reputable company that has been providing honest service for 30 years and we believe our reviews and loyal customer base supports this. Pharo Heating & Cooling

11/01/2013

Stephen O.

Working with Pharo was a pleasure. They showed up promptly for our consultation and did not try to up-sell us. After the consultation we were provided with an installation date, and this was honored. When the installation crew arrived, they were courteous and explained what they were going to be doing. Upon completion, they walked us through the installation so we fully understood everything, and cleaned up any mess they made.

Description of Work
Pharo replaced our furnace and air conditioner

Arrow Exterior Design

At Arrow Exterior Design we offer roofing, siding, windows and decking. We don't believe in high pressure sales to get you to work with us. We want you to be comfortable in trusting Arrow Exterior Design with your home and help you get your job done. We have been in business for 4 years, but combine for many years of experience in this business. We are family owned and Russ, the owner is a veteran. Evenings, Saturdays's and Sunday's by appointment only.

Offers Coupon

Dedicated Electric

Residential, Agricultural, and Commercial Electrician Master Electrician Owner/Operator 7 years of Experience Fully Licensed and Insured

Barehand Electric, LLC

Electrical contractor serving the communities surrounding Madison and western Dane county. We offer commercial, industrial, residential service as well as 24-hour service. Barehand electric will deliver the quality you demand with the customer service you expect on every project, every time. We look forward to the opportunity to work for you.

2022 Super Service Award

Free Estimates on Installation/Replacement
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential & Commercial HVAC, furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioning, geothermal systems, radiant (in-floor) heating, sheet metal, boilers, ventilation systems, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, air cleaners/purifiers & UV lights, thermostats and controls, zoning, gas pipe, supply registers and return grilles.

Duct cleaning, A/C window unit repair.