Wisconsin Chimney Technicians Inc

Founded 1981 • With Angi since October 2002

1110 S West Ave

Waukesha, WI 53186

Dba: Wisconsin Chimney Technicians, Air Duct & Chimney Cleaners of WI, Air Duct & Chimney Cleaners of Wisconsin Inc. Award winning....

05/04/2020

Mike C.

Responded very quickly with a estimate. Competitively priced. Knowledgeable. Good installation. Good clean up.

Description of Work
chimney chase replacement

Category chimney caps

04/29/2017

Chet J.

Very good. Not the cheapest but do a very thorough job. They do the White House fireplace. We had leaks in the stone and since they came out we have had nothing since.

Description of Work
Two chimney repairs and had to redo the chimney.

Category chimney repair

03/02/2017

Charles P.

They were very good. I have nothing negative to say. I think the price was good for what they did. They showed up when they said they were.

Description of Work
I used Wisconsin Chimney Technicians Inc for chimney sweep and repair.

01/02/2017

Mary R.

The chimney looks great. The matched the bricks of the house perfectly.

Description of Work
We had bricks falling off the chimney. When they came, they said we needed a new chimney liner; moisture was causing the bricks to fall off.

Category chimney repair

09/13/2016

Joel F.

It went well. I think their pricing was good.

02/25/2015

Michael M.

I am pleased with the worked performed.

Description of Work
Installed chimney screen and replaced damper.

02/05/2015

Curt M.

Very honest, prompt and reasonably priced. Did a very professional job, Owner of company came to house to oversee the project

Description of Work
repaired flue and installed new liner

12/30/2014

Mark B.

Went very well.. Very professional explained everything they were doing.. Very very clean. Our chimney had not been cleaned in over 10 years so there was major soot to be removed.. We have very light colored carpeting in room they took extreme precaution to make sure no dirt got outside the fireplace.. When they left everything was spotless.. Could not have asked for better service..they even showed up early for the appointment

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected chimney

12/10/2014

anne S.

The technician was prompt and very nice. He was straight forward on how he could do any repairs. He even catered to my daughter and he put a piece of felt in the chimney to make it look like Santa’s coat!

Description of Work
They performed a chimney sweep.

12/03/2014

Louisa S.

They came out 2 weeks prior to clean and check my chimney at an additional cost. I had asked them to bring the part to fix the starter and although they had a photo in advance they did not bring the part on the first visit. They had to set up a separate appointment. They seemed to do adequate work. The chimney no longer smells like smoke when you walk by it and the gas starter works.

Description of Work
Installed a gas starter in my chimney.

11/24/2014

Donn B.

Provider gave me a straight answer and only suggested I consider a liner for chimney.

Description of Work
inspection to determine if chimney was safe to use.

11/24/2014

Nancy M.

We received 2 estimates and this was considerable cheaper than the other estimate for the same work. We have worked with this company before so we were very comfortable going with them. They did a great job - my only complaint would be that I had to follow up with them several times to get the appointment scheduled.

Description of Work
Replaced the chimney liner, replaced the pipe leading from the hot water heater to the chimney, and repaired some bricks

Category chimney sweep,masonry,water heater repair,chimney repair

10/17/2014

KARL S.

I have a double fireplace chimney which has been leaking water down the chimney portion in the garage during heavy rainfall for years, and the exterior brick was slowly crumbling at the top around the crown. I just had a roof job done where the roofers seriously botched the lower flashing installation on the garage roof. When they fixed the flashing I did not know for sure how much of the remaining leakage was still the flashing or chimney, so I had the chimney work done. I got three quotes, and Wisconsin Chimney Technicians was the most professional and their quote was competitive. I didn?t like the solution one company proposed to fix the leakage (rebuild the crown instead of installing a new cap, at the same cost with a few other things), and the other was so busy they could only come when I wasn't home and didn't address all my concerns in the proposal, didn't even look at the furnace chimney. Jim did the quote and I believe Tony did the work. I did not meet Tony but Jim seemed very knowledgeable and polite; he recommended a cap to bring the chimney up to code and stop the deterioration of the brick. I signed the contract on June 11 and they did the work on July 14, about when they promised. It was one day of work. I have no complaints, they left the roof very clean when they were done. I was concerned about the the broken brick being overlooked, which Jim thought was the reason for the leakage. He did not want to replace but instead seal the brick because it was bonded to the flashing. However they were communicating well (unlike the roofers) and the brick and all other issues were fixed by Tony without my intervention. After the work was done I verified the chimney was water tight, as well as the flashing; now there?s no leakage into the garage at all even in heavy rainfall. I?m very pleased with their work and the cap and new tiles look sharp. The cost cited above was after the 5% Angie's List discount. I give A's for cost only when there are deeper discounts.

Description of Work
Installed cap on fireplace chimney and tuck pointed the furnace chimney. On the fireplace chimney they removed the old crown and poured a new overhanging cap, installed two new top 13”x13” tiles with new stainless steel flue caps, sealed a broken brick at the lower flashing, and applied water repellent over all.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces,dryer vent cleaning

09/26/2014

Raymond M.

They were very good and efficient. They did not leave any dirt and cleaned up really well. They were helpful and I would recommend them for further jobs. They did the work and it looks good. Their price was lower than some so it was very good. The quality was excellent.

Description of Work
I used Wisconsin Chimney Technicians.

09/19/2014

damon F.

Jeff came by during our scheduled appointment and I asked if he would assess my chimney to see if any of the bricks was were loose as was told to me by another person. After assessing the chimney he concluded that it could use some tuckpointing but it wasn't necessary and that the bricks were pretty intact and he did not notice any loose bricks. I appreciated him for his honesty and time so I told him that I would not do anything with my chimney if I did not need to at that time. I offered to pay him for his time but he refused to accept my offer since he understood it was numbers game. Instead he told me if I wanted to donate my money to donate to the Salvation Army where it could be used towards a good cause in helping others in need.

Description of Work
Jeff came by during our scheduled appointment and I asked if he would assess my chimney to see if any of the bricks was were loose.

09/19/2014

Frank S.

The job was done very well. Since that job they have been very helpful with advice concerning other issues.

Description of Work
Corrected leaks in roof and waterproofed chimney.

06/23/2014

Linda N.

They were able to complete the work the same day. I was very satisfied with their work and knowledge I would call them back again if I had any other structural problems.

Description of Work
They inspected my chimney inside and out. Before doing any repair they took photos and showed me where the problem areas were.

05/28/2014

Brady W.

Jeff was GREAT! Super knowledgeable and pin pointed the repair problem others couldn't figure out. He took his time and was a straight shooter. He was honest and communicate our options along with his recommendations. This is the guy and company for your chimney and fireplace needs.

Description of Work
Figured out the reason I was smelling a toxic plastic burning smell that my natural insert fireplace was giving off when the fire got really hot.

03/18/2014

Sal C.

Wisconsin Chimney Technicians did an excellent job. The Technician "Jim Stewart" was very good at his work. He came on time, answered a lot of questions I had, he is a professional and a good craftsman at his job. I am very satisfied with Wisconsin Chimney Technicians and will continue to call this company for any inside or outside Chimney work. Sal Cardello

Description of Work
Swept the Chimney, tuck pointed and reset hearth

03/03/2014

Diane C.

They arrived as scheduled and completed the work within the time anticipated. They installed proper scaffolding in what was a difficult area and seemed to take pride in their work. Cleanup was efficient and complete, and overall, I was impressed with their professional approach to the repair. Their price was a little higher than another chimney company's quote, but I feel the professional result has been worth the extra money. In fact, I'm having them back this spring to repair another chimney on the house.

Description of Work
The workmen rebuilt the chimney from the flashing up. They installed new flue ties and crown and also installed a new cap.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

02/27/2014

Torbeck T.

They did what they said they would do and they cleaned up especially after fixing the fireplace. They did what they were supposed to do. I thought they were reasonably priced. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Wisconsin Chimney Technicians Inc. came out and cleaned the chimney. I asked them about the firebox so he had to order the parts. He came back and repaired a crack in the back of the firebox last October.

02/19/2014

Dave T.

It went great. Very thorough, and very aware of potential soot problems in the house. The room was spotless after he was done.

Description of Work
Cleaned the chimney and fireplace

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

01/06/2014

Linda B.

They responded right away, they came by within 3 hours, they cleaned my chimney, inspected. Installed a hat or umbrella on the top to keep the critters out. We inquired about an insert as our chimney is old. He had a catolog, called in gave us a quote right there. The only complaint I had, was that he never got back to us as promised, regarding locals in the area, who were willing to let us see his work.

01/03/2014

zhimin L.

It went well for the inspection work he did.

Description of Work
Jeff came to my house on time and inspected the chimney and other things for free. He explained how chimney works in an illustrative and professional way and gave good suggestions about potential work to do for the chimney. His quote for the work is the lowest among all companies I got quote for. The only drawback is I'll have to wait till next Spring before his guys can start the chimney work, which is too long and I want someone to work on my chimney ASAP. So I did not go with his company.

12/29/2013

Michael H.

Cleaned and inspected chimney. Inspected chimney chase cap and recommended replacement. Provided useful information on installing a gas insert. I was pleased with the professionalism and knowledge of the chimney sweep. We had a chimney fire in the spring because I neglected to have it cleaned. It was a mess! I'm not sure how Wisconsin Chimney Technicians stacks up price wise but they seem to have a flawless reputation. I was more convened about avoiding another fire and so price was not a strong consideration.

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

Over the Top Roofing & Construction

Over the Top Roofing and Construction was established over a decade ago and have built a reputation for exceptional work and customer satisfaction. We have earned our reputation for excellence by delivering personalized service and expert installations. We can repair any damage to exterior of a home or building and make a difference in the appearance of your home. Over the Top Roofing and Construction has a perfect record with the BBB and we are fully bonded and insured. We know that choosing a contractor is a very important decision that you, the customer, will make because you live with the results of the work for years to come. Our customers know that they will receive outstanding workmanship and value for their dollar. Please note that we do charge credit card fees back to the customer.

Butler Chimneys LLC

Butler chimneys is a full service chimney company. We offer all the quality of the big guys, at a little guy price. We were founded on the principal: "Just because you can charge more doesn't me you should charge more".

Pratt's Professional Chimney Service

Pratt's Professional Chimney Service is a Family and Veteran owned and operated full service chimney company! We pride our-selves in providing the highest quality of workmanship at the fairest possible price! Our chimney sweeps are Nationally Certified and our company is a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild. Our honest and friendly service is unmatched. We truly care about the safety and security of your family and will treat your home as if it was our own. We Strive to be the best and run our company with Honesty, Integrity, and Quality Workmanship.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Chimney cleaning & relining, chimney & masonry repair, stainless steel & copper flue caps, leak detection & repair, & dryer vent cleaning repair.