Central Services Co Inc

Founded 1974 • With Angi since October 2003

1409 Poplar Dr

Waukesha, WI 53188

For over 40 years, local homes and business have turned to us for award-winning landscape and design. Our friendly, family-owned and managed Milwaukee and Waukesha landscape company prides itself on designing unique, beautiful landscapes that add beauty and value. Trust our team of landscaping artists to bring your residential or commercial property to life with inspired designs that will transform how your property looks and feels....

08/08/2019

JOHN S.

at first there was some miscommunication between the sales rep and the guys. I hastily put in a review that I shouldn't have. Sarah called me when she saw the review and rightfully told me I should have contacted her and voiced all my concerns and they would have made it right. I voiced my concerns then and she bent over backwards to get the guys back out immediately to address the issues. they even went above and beyond adding a little extra to make my yard and border around the tree look very nice. I'm very happy with the work and I apologize to Sarah and the guys for my hasty review. I would definitely have them back again in the future if I need work done. by the way, it was a very busy time of year and all of the outdoor service Industries had a heavy backlog because of all the rain we had in the spring. I work in the service industry myself and know that when everyone has a full plate these little miscommunications happen, it's just the way of the world. they did a great job and went out of their way for me. Now I have to give Angie's List a bad review for making it impossible to go back and edit this paragraph, at least on my cell phone here

Description of Work
entire front yard removed, graded and seeded, Picket removed with large boulder put in place. mulch apron around tree and some miscellaneous filling in the backyard.

02/17/2017

Desiree P.

They were an awful company. I filed a complaint in the Better Business Bureau. They gave me a refund. They were rude to deal and they insisted that it wasn’t their fault when it obviously was. They were just the most horrible company to deal with. I wasn’t the first person to file a complaint. They had sent me an email and I had proof they were lying. They have been doing me for a couple of years and last year they missed an area that was self-contained. The rest of the lawn came up grass the frontal area started coming up weeds. I called them and they said they never missed an area. They said they will have to charge if I wanted it re-done. I contacted the owner and he said we don’t have to come out, we know what weeds look like, and then he denied it. I had to choose the Better Business and I had to choose something and I said ok a refund but they refused that and kept saying how I lied. It was ugly and awful. It was the most awful company to deal with. The guy that came out was nice and they would not admit that they missed an area. It was dealing with the owner that was awful.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization.

Category lawn treatment

02/04/2017

dan O.

Regular lawn treatment & they come four to five times a year.

Description of Work
Weed control, fertilization & lawn maintenance.

Category lawn service

09/28/2015

Douglas A.

The executive level review: This is an A+ contractor. The quality of their work is outstanding and they are tremendously easy to work with. Very professional. I called Central Services in early spring of 2015. My new house completed construction in late winter. They were one of 3 contractors that I contacted to get proposals on various levels of landscaping. I normally do all of my own general landscaping but with my new house, I wanted to get a 'proper' start. I have a home with an exposed basement and some relatively steep hills on either side of the house, as well as a wetland starting just off the rear of my yard. My home builder did NOT include landscaping and only went up to a rough grade. In spring, my yard was a hot mess. It was too much for a single person to tackle so I put together a list of highly reviewed contractors from Angie's List and requested quotes for a number of long term tasks with the understanding that the budget only allowed for a yard/grass and a proper drainage solution this year. This was also my opportunity to give some landscapers a test run to see who I might want to work with longer term on those items I cannot do myself. Gary stopped out and provided me with different ideas and a very detailed proposal. He listed the work that would be performed, the materials he was going to use, a estimated timeframe and their guarantees along with some helpful information on how to best support a newly seeded lawn. I can't tell you how important that second part was -- I mean he listed the varieties and percentages of seed, the type of soil used, etc. For the drainage, he drew out exactly where he would lay the PVC, how deep it would be buried, how it was prepped, etc. The other quotes I received were 'official' looking and nicely formatted but lacked in the important details that Gary provided. He even explained why his quote was likely to come in a bit higher than the others. After hemming and hawing for a few weeks, I chose a seperate company for the drainage solution. I struggled with the decision but it basically came down to price. It wasn't a big difference (~10%) but it was enough and the other landscaper has a significant number of A reviews on Angie's list. I figured they must be OK and this was an opportunity to save a few bucks. Well, I can tell you I am regretting that decision. I should've spent the couple hundred dollars more. It's probably going to cost me a lot more to fix what the other contractor did. I've posted that review under that contractor so I won't go into more detail. Suffice to say, after that experience, I decided I would give someone else a shot for installing the yard. I talked to Gary in early summer and informed him of my intentions to use him for my lawn. I communicated my desire to plant in early September and he was very accommodating. In late August, Gary contacted me and informed me I was 'next up'. A couple weeks before installing the lawn, he sent someone by to kill the weeds. Both of my neighbors have very nice, established lawns and I was a little worried about this. My lot was new construction -- tons of rocks and tons of weeds bordering beautiful lawns. They did a great job. They actually applied the weed killer right up to the edge of my lot. There was a very tight line where the weeds died and they managed not to accidentally kill any of my neighbors lawn. Outstanding work. A few days later, they removed the silt fence. They had that knocked out in no time and disposed of it for me. They then did a pass to remove the top layer of rocks and disposed of those as well. Then, just before Labor day, they installed my yard. Gary added over 100 yards of topsoil delivered. This was the primary reason I needed to hire out. I had done 20 yards earlier in the summer with a shovel and wheelbarrow and it was just too much. However, I know that the quality of the soil is critical in getting your yard started correctly so it was very important that it wasn't just any old topsoil used. CS used a very high quality soil with a compost mix. I later learned they source it from a company that I've used in the past due to the quality of soil they provide. I was thrilled with this. As it turned out, the 100 yards was not quite enough to get things graded properly so they had to order another 20 to supplement the original quote. I have NO problem with that change. It was well communicated and Gary had the change order to me quickly. I signed off immediately and there was no delay in the work. Gary's workers (Matt, in particular), busted their butts. They worked hard for two days straight to get the rocks removed, soil down, graded and seeded with a layer of straw on top. They started the heavy work on the Thursday before Labor Day and were done by Friday afternoon. I didn't think there was any way they were going to get it done before the weekend but they proved me wrong. So the communication and the effort leading up to and right through the work was excellent. However, that's only a part of the story. It's nice to have a smooth project but more important, to me, is the final result. I can tell you that I'm absolutely thrilled with the results. The skill, effort and materials that CS puts into their job show up in the results. After only a few days, I had a decent amount of fescue and rye popping up. This was very important to me because, as I mentioned, I have some steep hills and I was greatly concerned about run-off and watching all my seed and soil run into my backyard. Those hills were seriously eroding all summer and the work Gary's crew did defied the laws of physics. By getting some grass up quickly, the yard was able to establish a good base and firm up the soil to keep the seed and soil in place. I'm now 4 weeks removed and the grass has come up on about 95% of the yard. There are a couple of minor bald spots but those are mostly due watering issues due to location (either over or under watering). It's only rained a couple days in the last 30 but other than that, it's decent grass growing weather. The fact that they provided hoses and their yard Camel system (i.e. timer with multiple outlets) was an added benefit and played an important part in improving the overall results. Finally, learn from my mistakes. Don't just go with the landscaper with the most good reviews on Angie's List. Even if they have an excessive number of good reviews. Sometimes that is just good marketing. Occasionally, you have to dig a little deeper to find the true gems. Central Services is one of those gems. Also, make sure that any competing quotes provide the same level of detail as Central Services. Challenge them on anything that is not spelled out. Don't assume they will perform the same level of work for less. I can tell you, they won't. Frankly, to get over a half-acre of grass to grow where previously there was only weeds and rocks is amazing. The work CS did was outstanding and I will be using them for many future landscaping projects. Gary and his crew get an A+ from me. I don't give out A's freely -- it truly requires a special business and CS has met that criteria. Initially, I did have sticker shock over the price (from all 3 contractors, not just CS). Now that I've had it done, I can tell you that they earned every penny and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Killed weeds, removed rocks, added topsoil, graded and seeded new lawn

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,mulch

06/11/2015

candy S.

SHE CALLED AT 12:35 AND ASKED IF I WANTED TO RECHEDULE THE APPOINTMENT SINCE IT WAS RAINING. I TOLD HER IT WAS NOT RAINING IN OAK CREEK. sHE SAID SHE WAS ON HER WAY. AT 1:25 I CALLED AND ASKED WHERE WAS SHE AND ARE YOU PEOPLE USUALLY LATE. PERSON SAID NO, BUT I WILL CONTACT HER. A SNOTTY FEMALE GOT ON THE PHONE AND SAID SHE RAN INTO RAIN. WHEN I ASKED IF SHE SHOULD HAVE LEFT EARLIER SHE SAID SHE DID. IT DOES NOT TAKE AN HOUR TO GET TO OAK CREEK FROM WAUKESHA EVEN IN THE RAIN. TOLD THEM TO CANCEL SINCE THEY WERE VERY, SNOTTY AND UNRELIABLE

Description of Work
THE PROVIDER WAS SUPPOSE TO GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE AT 1:00 ON THUR THE 11TH OF JUNE. HER NAME WAS SARAH WHO WAS GIVING THE ESTIMATE

Category hardscaping

Sarah gave a courtesy call to [Member name removed], because it was raining quite hard and most clients do not want to walk around in their yard while it is raining. She remarked it was not raining there, so Sarah told her OK, great and she was on the way. [Member name removed] called back wondering when she would get there. We told her we would get a hold of Sarah and we called Sarah on the 2-way radio, she said she was three minutes away. We told [Member name removed] it was slow traveling due to the heavy rain and accidents. She said Sarah should have accounted for that and left earlier. That is why Sarah called to let her know she was on the way. There was not much more we could have done.

03/10/2014

James B.

We have contracted Central Services for two years, our lawn looks good -- have been VERY satisfied. They also did landscaping for us and did a great job. We would recommend them highly!

Description of Work
Yard service: weed control (excellent), fertilizer, etc.

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment

02/21/2014

SHARON H.

They were excellent. We would use them in the future for sure. They exceeded our expectations. They were expensive but they were right in line with all the other quotes that we were given.

Description of Work
We used Central Services for landscaping. They built a retaining wall.

Category hardscaping

08/26/2013

Frank S.

They are very good. I would use them again

Description of Work
I have hired Central Services for lanscaping around my home

05/15/2013

Linda G.

Gary had been out twice reviewing the project scope and patio design. He is always friendly and very professional. He is also very willing to produce a project in phases, for budgetary reasons. The final project plans are not yet complete.

Description of Work
Currently working with Gary on landscape design for back patio and also drainage issues around the home.

03/23/2013

Renae S.

We have a three quarter acre lot and it was a mess. I had hurt my back and wasn't able to rake or do any cleanup. I called and got a quote for Fall cleanup. I like they gave me a flat rate for our lot size. Two English speaking workers (I feel this is an important detail) came fully equipped to do the job. They parked their trucks on the street and put out traffic cones. They wore uniforms and were very professional. They did the job as I would have done it. They handpicked all the branches and shrub clippings off the lawn, under trees and garden beds. They cleaned up the entire property, not just the lawn. They worked in tandem, were very efficient and didn't miss a stick or leaf that I could find. They did everything I asked and I feel I got excellent value for my money. When they were done, they asked me how it looked and we took a walk around the property together. In the front, there were some fallen limbs hidden under a pine tree and they took care of it immediately. They were very professional, efficient and thorough. They started around 8 a.m. and finished about 3 p.m. I plan to use this company again in the coming Spring.

Description of Work
Fall clean up which included fallen branches, leaves and what I had left behind after trimming shrubs and trees.

Millennium Landscaping

We specialize in landscaping, lawn care, hardscaping, retaining walls, pavers, patios, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Grass Pros LLC

I have been in the industry for almost 8 years now but I have only owned my own business for almost three years. We offer competitive pricing and are a fully licensed and insured business right out of the lake country area.

Hoppe Tree Service

Our crew has the expertise and equipment for pruning jobs big and small. The equipment, experience, and knowledge of our team of arborists is second to none. Service matters... Hoppe Tree Service has won the Angies List Super Service Award for 18 years in a row from 2001-2018! Get a jump on your trees for this spring season. Contact us to have a certified arborist evaluate your trees! Whether it is pruning or removal work, or staying ahead of insect and diesase pests before it becomes too late. Our crew can help.

Offers by Hoppe Tree Service on Angi

Landscaping – Design, Tree & Shrub Installation, Decorative Stone Installation, Retaining Walls, Drainage Correction, Grading, Sodding, & Seeding. Grounds Maintenance – Lawn Care, Pruning, Mulching, Aeration, Mowing, Weed Control, Fertilization, Rolling, & Slit Seeding. Commercial Snow Removal.