Brother's Garage Door Sales & Service LLC

Founded 1976 • With Angi since April 2008

PO Box 186 Hartland, WI 53029

Waukesha, WI 53188

39 years of experience in supplying area residents with expedient, high-quality services for any and all of their garage-door needs. Our family-owned and -operated business can help you discover a working garage door that you can appreciate. Our professional sales staff have years of experience helping homeowners find garage doors that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing so you don’t have to forsake beauty (or security!) in order to have new doors. Do not do commercial....

garage doors (51)door installation (5)

06/26/2021

Michelle T.

Called on a Friday at 4:30 pm for a suspected broken spring. Bob arrived within a half hour to help us free our trapped car. He happened to have the spring sizes needed on hand so he replaced both springs right away. Awesome service and people!

Description of Work
Garage door spring replacement

Work Completed On 06/25/2021

05/25/2021

JOHN B.

They came out the next day! Fast and friendly and fixed it quickly. They had excellent communication, too.

Description of Work
Repair broken cable on garage door.

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

01/14/2021

Anne W.

Brothers Garage Door Team is very professional, responsive and did an excellent job on replacing my garage door!

Description of Work
Replacement garage door

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

09/30/2020

Phyllis D.

My problem was analyzed over the phone. Brian came over that day to measure the size springs needed and to prepare the door for repair. He returned the next day and fixed the door. They're friendly, helpful and very professional. I'd definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Springs broke on the garage door

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

08/06/2020

Lorena Y.

Received call within 30 min and had service done same day.

Description of Work
Garage door repair.

Category doors

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Thank you.

01/24/2020

Nancy F.

I am so impressed with Bob - I've never had a technician figure out a problem in less than a minute and be more fair with price charged because it turned out to be a simple thing. A couple of weeks prior, I changed the fluorescent twisty bulbs (60W) with 100W LED's to brighten the garage, which it did. However, the LED's interfere with the signal for a remote door opener. This is not published often yet and Bob had just learned this from a customer that needed more than 1 service call because the servicing he performed didn't resolve the problem. So I am letting everyone out there know not to use LED bulbs in the overhead opener unit - you may have interference. Bob was very fair to only charge me the minimum service call charge of $65 and waived the $15 gas charge. Bob has a very professional, business-like demeanor and is very friendly and easy to talk to. I will hire Brothers Garage Door again in a nano-second.

Description of Work
figure out problem with garage door opener

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

Thank you for the review.

08/20/2019

Steven D.

Had both tension springs break on a rather heavy garage door. Brothers was very courteous in answering the initial call, and then in scheduling a timely appointment (next day). Workman was very prompt and courteous, and completed everything within his defined time frame. Price was reasonable for the work performed. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replace tension springs to garage door.

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

03/31/2019

shannon B.

Prompt, courteous, came out same day and did the repair at a fair price. Great family business and nice guys! Got a discount for being an Angie’s List member too.

Description of Work
Fixed broken garage door spring

Work Completed On 03/31/2019

01/28/2019

Helen A.

Response was great, as was the service and workmanship. I've used this outfit before, and will again if I ever need garage door service.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

12/15/2018

lynn G.

Very friendly and came to help me out.

Description of Work
my garage door open

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Let us know when you would like our service man/installer to come out and look at the opener situation to see if he can do something for you.

12/07/2018

James H.

Brother's replaced our old garage door. We received a very fair quote for a basic door, they arrived when they said they would and the door was replaced without any issues. Absolutely no complaints.

Description of Work
Replacement Garage Door

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

12/06/2018

Janna P.

Bob from Brother's Garage Door Sales & Service took care of our broken spring. Our door is in need of replacing but we are not quite ready to do replace it yet. It is starting to crack and bend at the bottom of the door and he went ahead and reinforced it without any change in the original price quoted for fixing the broken spring. Will definitely consider this company when it is time to get a new door.

Description of Work
We needed a broken spring replaced on our garage door

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

11/11/2018

Patricia P.

I thought that $95 was a bit too expensive for a 15-20 minute service call. This was a fall special as the usual price is $115. I realize that part of the fee included transportation and that I'm probably 25-30 miles away.

Description of Work
Garage door tuneup, no problems.

Work Completed On 11/07/2018

09/22/2018

Hailey F.

Great! He was there before we even got home and got right to the point. I wish everyone was like that who did these home services. Plus I got $20 off for finding them on Angies list; I was unaware of the discount and the lady on the phone plus the actual guy who came out told me. Appreciate the honesty and helpfullness!

Description of Work
Garage door was not working

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

09/06/2018

Glenn C.

I received a prompt callback after I left a vmail. While scheduling the appointment, I was reminded that a $30 Angie's List coupon discount would be applied. Brother's contacted me when another service call was canceled so that I could have the repair made without further delay. Bob arrived right on time and provided an accurate estimate of the time that the repair would require. Service was friendly, professional, and thorough, with parts that might fail in the future (cables, for example) checked and lubricated as appropriate in addition to the spring replacement. Overall, a great experience.

Description of Work
Replace broken garage door opener spring

Work Completed On 09/01/2018

09/05/2018

SARAH B.

We called last week to schedule an installation and they said someone would call Tuesday to give a window of time in which the work would be done today (Wednesday.) Nobody called yesterday so we called this morning to find out what was happening. They then told us someone would be here between 12 and 1. We then get a call from the actual repairman to say he does not work in our area because he feels unsafe here. That is of course his prerogative but we've just wasted a week of our time waiting to have this garage door fixed. They should say on their website or the scheduler should always check the address before confirming anything. There is actually a picture on the website of the service areas and all of Milwaukee is included - obviously misrepresents things. We live in the Riverwest neighborhood of Milwaukee.

Description of Work
New garage door opener.

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

08/31/2018

TOM H.

Very prompt, professional, and friendly. Plus I no longer have irritant I got beeping anymore. Bob came and diagnosed the problem, called his distributor to locate replacement. Came back two days later to install.

Description of Work
He determined the back up battery needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

08/06/2018

Paul K.

The job was done quickly. Plus, the pulleys were greased and one rail was realigned slightly. The door is functioning better because of the realignment.

Description of Work
The cables for a torsion spring garage door were replaced.

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

05/26/2018

Helen A.

When I called and described the problem and the age of the garage door, I was told it might need to be replaced, and a cost estimate was provided. I called late in the afternoon, and the repair was done the next morning. When the service man arrived, he diagnosed the problem as a relatively easy one to fix, and proceeded to do so. He also lubed the rollers and checked everything out. Excellent response, timeliness, and work. I couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
Chain adjusted and rollers lubed.

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

02/05/2018

CARRIE B.

The repair went great. Broken garage door spring was replaced. Explained well what was going on and what he would do. Also greased all other parts of the garage door. Brother's got us on their schedule sooner rather than later. They also quoted the price on the phone, asked if I had the Angie's coupon, and adjusted the price right away.

Description of Work
Garage door spring broken.

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

Thank you for the positive feedback and the opportunity to service your garage door needs. Karen Brothers Garage Doors

01/11/2018

Brian K.

Best small business experience I have had in years. Garage door spring broke the night before, called them at 8:30am, she said they would try and get someone out this afternoon but schedule is tight today. She said she would keep me updated. At 10:30 she called back, Bob finished a job early and could be here around 11:30. Bob calls from his cell phone at 11:10 and says his GPS says he will be here in 12 minutes. I had an older garage door which only had a spring on one side. He put a spring on both sides, door seems to go up and down smoother and quite. Bottom line - Bob was done in an hour and the price was reasonable. Bob's not into small talk, he just went to work and got it done. I wish every small business was like this one, it was just a great experience. FYI - never used them before, don't know them personally, just took them off of Angies list because they were at the top, now I know why.

Description of Work
Spring Broke on garage door

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

04/19/2017

Amanda S.

We called early Monday morning and he was there around 9.30am. Upon arrived, he replaced the chains (and "released" our van from the garage) and then discovered that the gears were extremely worn down on the garage door opener (possibly what was causing the "hiccupping"). He was very upfront about costs and options. We opted to replace the entire garage door opener, including openers and keypad. He arranged to return to next day to install it. When he installed it, he gave me a tutorial on the features of the new devices. Overall, knowledgeable, friendly, and very reasonably priced. We'd highly recommend.

Description of Work
Both the chains on our electronic garage door broke due to wear and tear, trapping our van inside (the emergency disconnect was also affected). The garage door had also been "hiccupping" on the way up and down prior to that.

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

03/08/2017

Chris E.

I called first thing in the morning and the work was done by noon. Great response and great work.

Description of Work
Replace broken spring