Bazaar Home Decorating Center

Founded 1969 • With Angi since January 2002

21950 Watertown Rd

Waukesha, WI 53186

We have been decorating Milwaukee Area homes since 1969. We specialize in custom fashions, custom blinds & shades, custom closets, home organizing solutions, in-stock fabric, custom ordered fabric, and drapery hardware. We are your one-stop store for all your decorating needs. We provide a 7 year warranty on all the custom blinds and shade that we sell; if something happens, we repair them for right in our store....

05/16/2020

Laurel M.

Awesome Experience! We just moved into a new home and needed shades for our bedrooms and the kitchen. We had an idea of what we wanted, but were overwhelmed by all the choices. Enter Mary - she was able to help us navigate all the choices and educated us on the features of each kind of fabric and shade. She provided us with options without being pushy and quoted each one so we would have an idea of the cost. We really appreciated that and never felt like she was just interested in the 'sale'. We found exactly what we wanted. Mary was friendly, knowledgeable, polite and responsive. She always got back to us the same day. We opted to do the install ourselves, but she made sure to let us know that she was available by phone to do any troubleshooting that might occur. She followed up on all calls promptly, and checked in to make sure that we loved our shades - which we do! Would highly recommend Mary at Bazaar Home Decorating!!!

Description of Work
Consult & measure for kitchen & bedroom shades

07/31/2018

Al B.

Purchase and installation of 4 blinds. One blind was for 3 windows. Previously we had 1 blind for each of the 3 blinds. Was told couldn't do that by sales person. When they were.installing the blinds, the installers said it could of been done. In October of 2017, I took the blind in because it would not go up any longer. They told me it was a very heavy blind, implying that the weight caused it. They fixed it. It worked fine until June of 2018, it started not go up all the way. I took it in and they fixed it. It worked fine for less then 2 months. It starting against not stay up. When raised to the top it immediately drops down approximately 12 inches. I will never use the again. Hopefully I can find 3 small blinds the same color to match the other 3 in the room. I will never use them again

Description of Work
4 new blinds

Category window treatments

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. I apologize for the confusion on the ordering of the 3 shades versus 1 shade. The sales person who sold this to you, does not work here anymore. So am I unable to answer why that happened. As for the repair. I would like to have a technician come out at no charge and fix this shade in your home at no charge so that the shade will stay up. I am not sure why this did not get fixed when you brought the shade in. But this will be addressed. Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you, Dan Anheuser Bazaar Home Decorating [phone number removed]

07/10/2018

David L.

Excellent. Hired them 30 years ago. Didn't need them back until now. Quality Materials. Outstanding service. Great Selection. The Best.

Description of Work
New Vertical Blinds for Sliding Doors leading out to patio. New Horizontal Blinds for Living Room.

08/31/2017

JOHN S.

Wonderful experience. Robin the designer was amazing with help picking fabric to suggestions for details on the shade. The installer was amazing. Have used them in the past with the same results. Very happy. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
A new roman shade for our family room window.

06/20/2017

Deb B.

Exceeded our expectations Entire staff that we encountered was very attentive and went that extra step to insure our needs were met, and to make excellent suggestions that fit our needs

Description of Work
Full house window treatments

12/05/2016

Charles L.

The staff was very helpful in selecting fabric.

Description of Work
Purchased upholstery fabric.

Category alterations

12/22/2014

Colleen E.

I found this provider to be a good resource. Selection of my window treatments went quickly, but I didn't feel rushed. I called with additional questions and was promptly answered. Other family members have used this provider in the past and I would recommend their service to others.

Description of Work
Supplied information and expertise regarding the sale and installation of window treatments.

04/03/2014

Mary B.

Bazaar was there as promised on the day we asked them to and they were successful with all the blinds. The trouble started with our drapes. First, the vendor they used to do the cleaning was 2 days late with their part of the work so bazaar had to make a second trip to do the install of the drapes. Most of them went up well, except for one set. These were hung two inches too high so floor length drapes are now too far off the floor. Also, the tops of these were never properly tacked to the wall so they droop. The owner Cheryl promised to talk with the installers and get back to us with a solution but we never heard from them again. I would not recommend their work.

Description of Work
We asked Bazaar to uninstall, clean and reinstall all our blinds and drapes in our home.

Category blind cleaning, window treatments

02/23/2014

Steven S.

Everything went perfect and the staff was outstanding, a breath of fresh air!!

Description of Work
Helped us choose blinds and did the install.

Category closet systems

02/21/2014

Ruth O.

I indicated that I really could use help making sure I was ordering enough fabric and lining up the repeat and Michelle provided tips and took the time to explain. I could order the same fabric from online providers and it may even be less expensive - but I continue to go to Bazaar for the expertise and friendly service.

Description of Work
I went into Bazaar and Michelle helped me out with 4 projects ranging from valances to pillows.

Category alterations

02/21/2014

Pete B.

I will never go back there again!!!

Description of Work
I came to them after work and although I made six figures they treated me as if they thought I couldn't afford their product or service.

02/09/2014

Lori L.

She showed up on time, spent time with me, gave me ideas, and ordered a blind for me. Very professional and helpful. She followed through months later to find out if I needed any more blinds. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I requested a consultant to come to my home and give me ideas and take measurements for window blinds.

01/19/2014

Tracy / Brian Q.

it went well. I have used them before and while they are not cheap they do good work and I will continue to use them.

Description of Work
Blinds & shades -

01/16/2014

Kathleen P.

Very nice people. We had an issue with one order and it took a number of phone calls to get it fixed but they did stand behind their products and fix it. We've used them for three houses of window treatment and they have good prices and knowledgeable staff. My only recommendation is to have them come and measure for you - that way if there is a mistake they will fix it. Different window treatments (based upon vendor and product chosen) have different measurement requirements. I would use them again.

Kathleen S.

Installed Hunter Douglas vertical blind.

Description of Work
I used BAZAAR HOME DECORATING CENTER

Paul M.

The string broke within 3 months. There was no warranty as I was told.

Description of Work
Bazaar restrung 2 blinds for $100.00.

Category closet systems

Patricia A B.

Product came in according to their projections. Price was fair.

Description of Work
They were very helpful in helping me determine what product was appropriate and in color selection.

Category closet systems, alterations

12/15/2013

William C.

Shade didn't open or close with remote

Category handyman service

12/14/2013

Katherine M.

Bazaar Home Decorating Center installed numerous window blinds, as well as closet systems throughout my home. The quality of all products installed is absolutely outstanding! Their customer service, professionalism and down to earth and friendly personalities was over the top! I would definitely use them again and already have recommended them to my friends.

Description of Work

Category blind cleaning, closet systems, handyman service, alterations, window treatments

12/13/2013

Scott R.

Stephanie came out to our home and measured for pleated shades. She was punctual and professional. We waited a couple of months to order.Once we placed the order, she promptly notified us when our order was in. I did not price compare shop because we had worked with Bazaar Home Decorating and were extremely pleased with them. We have to still install the blinds. (We chose to do it ourselves.)

11/28/2013

Peggy N.

They came out and measured and then we placed the order. It took over 12 weeks to receive the drapes. I called at the 8 week mark as I had not heard a word from them. They checked and said I would have the drapes by Nov. 1. I was called on Nov. 8 to say they were in. Calls made by me were always returned promptly.

Description of Work
They made drapes for me.

Category alterations, window treatments

11/13/2013

Bruce S.

Purchased fabrics for custom valances and curtains.

Description of Work
BAZAAR HOME DECORATING CENTER

11/10/2013

Paul M.

BAZAAR RESTRUNG MY PLEATED SHADES AND THE STRINGS BROKE WITHIN 3 MONTHS.

Category window treatments

Hi member, I noticed on your order that you brought in two shades. Did the cords on both shades break? Or just on one shade? We warranty all of our repairs for 90 days. Since your shade broke within this time frame, please bring your shades back and we will repair them at no charge and we will get them back to you as soon as possible. Sometimes shades that are repaired due break again depending on the age of the shade and the condition of the cordlock. Thank you, Bazaar Home Decorating

10/29/2013

JOAN L.

I worked with Michele to pick out fabrics and design the window treatments and bed ensemble. She listened to my ideas and worked with me to achieve the style and look I wanted. The work was completed ahead of schedule and installation was completed as agreed. I am very happy with this purchase. My bedroom looks beautiful! Bazaar's services are on the pricey side so budget accordingly. Also, installation is not included in the price!

Description of Work
Custom window treatments and quilted bedspread, dust ruffle and pillow shams

10/22/2013

Peter F.

Took order and new shade was made available within 2 weeks. Pleasant and knowledgeable clerk took order and was called when shade came in.

Description of Work
Replaced a 25 year-old separated Hunter-Douglas Duette window shade.

Kathy's Shade Shop LLC

Want some help with those ridiculous energy bills? Putting shades on your windows will drastically help cut cost on your energy bill. It is tested and proven that most heat is lost through the windows of your home. Just covering that window with any treatment will help reduce energy costs. And covering the window with a cellular shade will cut your energy costs the most. Call us today for a free estimate and have us help take care of those winter blues!

BIG DAVE'S SERVICES

Why Choose Big Dave’s? To state it as clearly as possible, we’re not the right fit for everyone. We’re not the fastest. We’re not the cheapest. But our clients say, we are the best! We absolutely insist on doing things right the first time. No excuses. Period. If you are demanding, hard to please, and/or persnickety, we’ll get along great. We refuse to settle for anything less than the very best, and our clients appreciate our attention to even the smallest detail. Contact us today to get the process started!

Mr Handyman of Waukesha & North Milwaukee County

Welcome to Mr. Handyman of Waukesha and Milwaukee Counties where professional, safe, reliable handyman service for your entire "To Do" list is just one call away. That's why local residents choose our professional handymen, who specialize in ALL major and minor home repairs over an independent handyman. Licensed, Bonded, and Insured

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
    Shop At Service based on Area
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Window treatments, custom blinds, custom shades, custom closets, custom organizing solutions, custom drapery hardware, in-stock drapery hardware, in-stock drapery & upholstery fabric, custom drapery & upholstery fabric, home accessories

Blind cleaning