Badgerland Lawn & Landscaping Inc

With Angi since October 2003

1624 S West Ave Ste D

Waukesha, WI 53189

Additional phone - (262) 544-9414. Additional contact name - John Lossman. Badgerland Lawn and Landscaping was established in 1997 by a young entrepreneur with a pickup truck and a wheelbarrow. After working for a number of local Waukesha landscaping companies by day and attending evening classes

08/05/2020

Rachel O.

John came to my house and took a lot of time listening to my needs for my yard. I was told he would get me a plan. I followed up 3 weeks later and was told the plan would be ready the next day, 2 weeks later I followed up again with no response. I called and left 2 additional messages, again with no response. Very disappointed in the lack of response following the initial meeting.

Description of Work
yard landscaping

06/05/2020

Tony D.

I drive by their office on a regular basis, so when I needed some landscape work done, I decided to call. I should have checked the reviews here first before wasting my time. Like others have said, their follow up is non-existent. I called them for a quote and Chris came out within a couple of days. We talked about the landscaping/grading project and he took measurements and was going to email me the quote so we could get on the schedule. One week went by and still no quote, so I called Chris and left a message. Another week went by and I called and got Chris's voicemail again, and since the first message didn't get replied I decided to go to the main voicemail. I left a message there, explaining that I had already left a message with Chris and didn't hear back, and was curious on the status of my quote. Once again I got no call, or email reply from them. To not even call or email is very unprofessional so I will be looking elsewhere.

Description of Work
Landscaping & Grading

09/18/2019

Christine N.

The company delayed the project last Fall and it was not completed until October. The drainage issue was not fixed entirely and the landscaping was poor quality. Their customer service is poor as they do not return phone calls or emails. To date the job has not been completed to our satisfaction and the company is still not returning our calls or emails.

Description of Work
Repair drainage issues in back and front yard. Repair landscape.

Category landscaping, drain pipe

06/13/2019

Aaron W.

I contacted Badgerland for a quote to bury my sump pump since it was destroying my landscaping. I was able to get an appointment with John roughly a month later. After waiting a month for my appointment, John did not show up. An hour after my appointment time, I finally called the office to ensure someone was still coming & was told John was extremely busy & was likely running behind but they assured me he was still coming. Another hour later, I received a call from the office asking if they could reschedule for the next day. Understanding how busy landscaping work can be during the spring, I took the appointment for the following day but was slightly annoyed since this appointment required taking time off from work. John did show up the following day & he seemed really professional & knowledgeable. He also apologized for missing our appointment the day before which was appreciated. I was excited to finally be addressing my drainage issue & was hopeful it was going to get done. I never heard from them again!!! I tried contacting John directly, since he gave me his business card, & he never got back to me. Communication with this company is absolutely horrible! So unprofessional! Definitely would not recommend!

Description of Work
drainage problems/sump pump

Category landscaping, drain pipe

10/10/2017

Matthew H.

I found John's consulting and ideas for my project very helpful. I obtained 5 bids. Badgerland price was competitive. Happy with the quality of work and cleanup. My only knock would be that the project was delayed twice and communication was more reactive than proactive. Would recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
Paver patio installed. 2 gutters and sump trenched and buried to discharge to front of house. Back yard leveled and re-seeded. 5 Arbors and 1 maple tree installed. Project lasted 5 days.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping

06/27/2017

Kristi W.

He didn't show up and never called, even after I left a message. Shame on you.

Description of Work
grading for poor drainage

08/10/2016

02/04/2016

John M.

Description of Work
Patio demolition and rebuild. Very professional in thier approach. Work site always clean at the end of the day. Patio looks great.

07/29/2015

MARY V.

They're good. The price was A, I thought it was good.

Description of Work
They actually came back about a month ago, to check the bushes that they put it last year. They didn't charge me for that visit, I just had some questions about how the bushes were coming back, he trimmed them up, fertilized them, reassured me and extended my warranty.

10/28/2014

MARY V.

They were friendly, courteous and cheerful. The old bushes were cut down and the roots dug and chopped out. The ground was leveled and the new bushes were planted and watered. The bare patch had soil added to level and then seed, starter fertilizer and mulch. All of the old bushes were hauled away and the area was left clean and neat. I also got detailed instructions care for the plantings. I would certainly use this company again and recommend them. I am very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Removed yews and an arborvitae, replaced with new smaller bushes and patched a large bare spot due to sewer work in the front yard.

09/17/2014

Judith V.

Description of Work
We had a small paver patio built by them. The project was not initially completed in a manner that was representative of their usual workmanship, so they immediately agreed to rebuild it correctly. We were asked what would make us happy; it was redone quickly and turned out very well. We appreciated the customer service that was provided by Tony. We do wish, however, that we had asked for a sketch of what the project would actually look like at our initial consultation with him. He indicated that we would need to add a step to two of the outside edges of the patio, due to the height of the stoop it would be adjacent to. As the step was actually installed level with the patio itself, we wish we would have been given the much less expensive option of stacking two layers of pavers on those edges. That would have saved nearly a third of the entire cost and would have functioned the same. | |

04/02/2014

Megan M.

They did such a nice job, I wanted to write a quick review before filing their "file" on the project. We interviewed about 4 services for the job and chose Badgerland due to their passion, knowledge and interest in our project. Our sales rep was a little slow at getting us our price quote initially, but we were very happy with their service - and had no regrets about choosing them. They clearly were working for repeat business and referrals - because they took many steps to be sure we were happy. I would recommend them strongly - for jobs large and small. Very respectful, professional people.

Description of Work
Installed one tree and two large bushes and a rose bush, removed (made smaller) and re-shaped and re-worked several planting beds, installed woodchips and ornamental rocks at multiple locations, seeded/planted grass. Basically they re-did much of our landscaping to make it SMALLER and more manageable for us. They made huge flower beds into much smaller ones, weeded, moved things around, removed invasive species (that were taking over) etc. They did design work (recommending what to put where) as well as the actual labor to get it all done. This was a big job. If I recall they were here for 2 days with a crew of 3 - 5 people at any given time.

09/05/2013

Patricia L.

Badgerland was fantastic. Their responsiveness to our initial inquiry, time to price quote, and communication throughout the process was superb. We had bought our home in the dead of winter and had no clue what would come up in the spring. The front yard needed to be completely redone as it was totally overgrown - We weren't sure what we wanted we just knew we wanted something that would look good and would be low maintenance. Tony was fantastic. He took time to get a feel for what we were looking for, then proposed a great direction and vision for the project. He walked around the house with us and let us know what would be done. We appreciated his confidence in his and his team's ability, yet desire to make this our project and yield to any ideas or questions we had. When the day arrived, Tony and his team showed up on time and ready to work. The crew worked very hard 2 straight days without ever stopping except to eat a quick lunch and completed the job in two days. We were amazed. We highly recommend Badgerland Landscaping and will keep them in mind for any future projects we take on. http://www.badgerlandscape.com/

Description of Work
They completely re-landscaped the front yard.

11/17/2011

Corey S.

I was quoted a 4-person crew for 3 hours to do a general 'spring cleanup' of my yard and lay fresh mulch in the front yard garden areas. The crew arrived early to unload equipment off big trucks. They did a great job cleaning my yard which was a messy eyesore after the long messy winter (I never had the time to remove the fallen leaves, branches & pine needles the previous fall). They delivered about 5 yards of mulch on top of what I had bought previously before I gave up doing it all myself. Gardens were raked with care & mulch applied so the green shoots could come thru (and the garden looked great by summer). They also cut my lawn and trimmed some of the trees in my front yard. They started packing up after the 3-hour mark and took all the old leaves and branches with them which was nice so I did not have to dispose / burn it myself. I plan on hiring John and his crew again next spring.

Description of Work
Spring clean-up of yard & garden areas, plus mulch delivery & tree trimming.

Category lawn service, mulch

05/28/2009

R J E.

The workers at Badgerland have done a good job so far. Their prices are reasonable. They explain things well. They are absolutely first rate and just excellent. They could work on communication. The work was done in a completely satisfactory manner.

Description of Work
I hired Badgerland Lawn & Landscaping for my landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service

11/04/2008

Frank S.

Everything has been great. They show up on time. They rotate their cutting pattern to avoid ruts in the lawn. They do a great job of weekly weeding and clean up. Exactly what we were looking for. Our yard looks great all year long. I have not once needed to call for any problems (unlike my prior 2 services). They have been wonderful and hope to use them into 2009 and beyond.

Description of Work
Hired Badgerland for weekly landscape maintenance for our home for the 2008 season.

Category landscaping, lawn service

09/16/2008

Joseph Z.

They came out to give the estimate and answered all my questions. I waited weeks and never received an estimate as promised. The guy was really nice and I wanted to go with them, but after repeated emails and calls I did not hear from them. When they finally called, they promised to give a verbal estimate by the end of the day and follow up with a written estimate, but again I never heard from them.

Description of Work
I called them for an estimate to reseed my lawn.

10/31/2006

WANDA S.

We are very pleased with Badgerland. John, the salesperson, was courteous, clean, and very respectful to old folks. The workers worked so well together that my husband and myself complimented them at separate times on how well they worked together. We are more than pleased and will definitely recommend Angie's list and Badgerland Lawn and Landscaping.

Description of Work
We had Badgerland remove a sidewalk in front of my home and then extended the downspout so it would be under the new sidewalk. I also had them replace old red lava stone in front of my home.

10/11/2006

BARBARA E A.

Jon was pleasant to work with and explained that it would be 4-5 weeks before they could start the job, depending on the weather. When they were delayed, Jon called me to reschedule. Once they started the work, they remained on the job until it was completed.

Description of Work
Put in new planting beds with mulch around 3 sides of my house and one triangular bed in the front with edging. Transplanted 10 bushes and several hosta plants.

04/29/2006

SCOTT & DONNA C.

I never received a call back for the estimate of work to be done.

Description of Work
I wanted general landscaping work- mulch, topsoil, seeding, etc- done.

10/30/2005

CYNTHIA R.

BADGERLAND IS WONDERFUL TO WORK WITH. JOHN, THE OWNER, IS VERY HONEST AND MAKES SUGGESTIONS TO HELP ACHIEVE THE BEST SOLUTION FOR YOUR NEEDS. HIS WORKERS ARE TOP-NOTCH. THEY WORK HARD AND HIS FOREMAN, SILVANO, LISTENED TO EVERYTHING WE SAID AND MADE SURE THINGS WERE DONE TO OUR LIKING. THE JOB WAS DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER AND AROUND THE DATE THEY ORIGINALLY SPECIFIED, WEATHER PERMITTING. WE WILL HAVE THEM BACK AGAIN TO DO ADDITIONAL WORK NEXT YEAR. WE HAVE HAD NEIGHBORS FROM ALL OVER THE AREA STOP AND ASK ABOUT THIS WORK AND HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO TELL THEM ABOUT BADGERLAND AND THE GREAT WORK THEY DO.

Description of Work
REMOVED OLD PLASTIC BLACK EDGING, MADE WIDER BED EDGES AND EXCAVATED TO ACCOMMODATE 305 LIN. FEET OF NEW ROCKWOOD PAVER BRICKS (TOP OF PAVERS AT GRADE LEVEL). ADDED 2 CU. YARDS OF TOPSOIL AROUND FOUNDATION AND 1.5 CU. YARDS SOIL TO RAISE LOW WATER LATERAL AREA. SEED AND BLANKET BARE LAWN AREAS. HAUL AWAY DEBRIS. INSTALL 3 CUBIC YARDS OAK MULCH FOR TREE RINGS AND BERM. OLD BERM FIELDSTONES HAD COLLAPSED INWARD - THEY TOOK ENTIRE BERM APART AND PACKED WITH LARGE STONE BEHIND ALL FIELDSTONES TO KEEP THEM FROM CAVING IN AGAIN. INSTALLED 5 OZ. COMMERCIAL GRADE WEED BARRIER OVER ALL FOUNDATION BEDS AND ADDED 15 TONS DECORATIVE STONE OVER FOUNDATION BEDS. INSTALLED 1 TON FLAGSTONE STEPPERS FOR PATHWAYS THROUGH STONE. MOVED 4 EXISTING PLANTS TO DIFFERENT AREA AND PLANTED 26 NEW PLANTS AROUND FOUNDATION BEDS - 3 1-GAL. HOSTAS, 1 3-FOOT ALBERTA SPRUCE, 5 18'' HYDRANGEAS, 5 24'' POTENTILLA, 5 1-GAL. GERANIUM STRIATUM, 1 18'' FORSYTHIA, 3 18'' PHILADELPHUS SNOWFLAKES AND 3 18'' MIDGET ARBORVITAE.

10/30/2005

11/19/2004

CYNTHIA R.

JOHN LOSSMAN AND HIS CREW AT BADGERLAND LAWN & LANDSCAPING DID AN EXTREMELY NICE JOB BUILDING MY 100 FOOT LONG ROCKWOOD BLOCK RETAINING WALL. JOHN WAS METICULOUS IN HIS MEASUREMENTS AND CALCULATIONS FOR THE WALL. THE FINISHED WALL HAS BROUGHT NUMEROUS COMPLIMENTS FROM MY NEIGHBORS REGARDING ITS OVERALL APPEARANCE AND ALSO THE JOB THAT WAS DONE RESEEDING THE LAWN AREAS THAT WERE DAMAGED. BADGERLAND ALSO REMOVED ABOUT 15-20 YDS OF FILL FROM THE YARD. THE COST OF $5500.00 FOR THE ENTIRE JOB WAS EQUAL TO TWO OTHER ESTIMATES I RECEIVED FROM OTHER CONTRACTORS, BUT I AM EXTREMELY SATISFIED THAT I ULTIMATELY CHOSE THIS CONTRACTOR BECAUSE OF HIS PROMPTNESS, POLITE DEMEANOR AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL. I'LL DEFINITELY HAVE THEM BACK NEXT SPRING FOR SOME ADDITIONAL WORK IN MY YARD. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM FOR RETAINING WALLS, PAVERS OR OTHER LANDSCAPING JOBS -- THIS IS A COMPANY THAT YOU CAN TRUST TO DO THE JOB RIGHT AND IN A TIMELY MANNER, FOR A REASONABLE PRICE.

Description of Work
APPROX. 300 SQ FOOT ROCKWOOD BLOCK RETAINING WALL (100 FT IN LENGTH) INSTALLED AND DAMAGED AREAS OF LAWN RESEEDED WITH ADDITIONAL TOPSOIL AND COVERED WITH STRAW BLANKETS.

11/19/2004

10/23/2003

RAYMOND K.

THEY WERE THOROUGH AND PROFESSIONAL. WHEN THE JOB WAS DONE, YOU WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE HERE, THEY CLEANED UP WELL. I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THEIR WORK AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO OTHERS. I'M GOING TO HAVE THEM BACK NEXT SUMMER TO DO ANOTHER JOB.

Description of Work
REBUILD STONE RETAINING WALL AND CREATED STONE TERRACES.

Superior Landscaping

Serving the Elkhorn, WI area for 15 years, trust our professionals to think outside of the box to provide you with the best solutions, friendliest service, and a job that's done right the first time. Our residential landscaping services include: Tree planting Tree maintenance Sodding and seeding Topsoil Grading Mulching Landscape lighting New Fiberglass Pool Install We'll keep your lawn and landscape in tip-top shape all year long, as our services are available year-round. Contact Superior Landscaping today for a FREE estimate on the landscaping services you're interested in!

KruseScape

Family ran and locally owned company, specializing in all your land management needs, including excavation, exterior piping, land clearing, demolition, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Subterranean

Subterranean is an expert in unearthing and solving underground plumbing issues. We will diagnose the problem with advance camera and cleaning systems and provide a recommendation that meets your needs. We specialize in: Replacing rusted cast iron pipe under your basement floor Removing house traps Repair or replace your sewer lateral Relining your sewer lateral Repairing or replacing water service

Landscape construction & management. Hydro seeding. Drainage solutions. Mulch delivery. Snow plowing. Tree services. Spring & fall clean up. Leaf removal. Mowing. Weed control. Watering. Shrub & tree trimming & fertilization. Hardscaping. Patios. Outdoor lighting. Fire places & fire pits. Retaining walls. Walkways. Sodding. Ponds & water features. Driveways. Decorative stone. Cobble stone edging. Concrete paving. Brick walls. Natural stone.