Appliance Repair Service

Founded 1986 • With Angi since March 2006

W235N1187 Busse Rd

Waukesha, WI 53188

2 employees. No subs. Charges an hourly rate of $80 (8/10/2012). No travel charges. Service charge of $69.95 applies (8/10/2012). No extra charge for after hours service.

05/08/2017

Dave B.

Waited several days for this service to call back after leaving a voicemail. Eventually spoke to Sam to schedule a hook-up of Whirlpool washer & steam gas dryer following a move. At the scheduled time they were expected to arrive, received a phone call from Ron saying they do not hook up gas dryers when we were originally told that they would work around it. Extremely unprofessional and inconvenient since we waited most of the day for them.

Description of Work
Washer & steam gas dryer hook-up

10/29/2016

THOMAS F.

I needed a new drain pump. Sam had the right part in his truck. Sam is very professional and knowledgeable. We will definitely call him again if we need another appliance repaired.

Description of Work
We came home from a vacation and our washing machine did not work. I called Sam and he said he could come over that day. He diagnosed and fixed the problem quickly. I am so relieved that I do not need to go to a Laundromat or buy a new washer.

08/22/2015

Barbara B.

When my newly tiled kitchen floor rose up 4" in a 6 ft. area in front of the refrigerator I began to investigate the cause. I found the sub-floor saturated with water along with the backs of all of the new tiles. The floor and all of the tile was ruined. I discovered that the source of all that water was my 18 month 'new' KitchenAid refrigerator. After looking on-line I found some information regarding a faulty drain tube common to all of the KitchenAid refrigerators made that year. I contacted customer service at KitchenAid and was given Ron Rousseau Appliance Repair's phone #. Technician had the parts he needed, had them installed in no time at all and even took the time to clean out the frozen ice in the bottom of the refrigerator. Our technician was very professional, friendly, fast and knowledgeable from start to finish. They provide excellent service at a very reasonable price and I would not hesitate to utilize the services of this company in the future. Highly recommend this company !

Description of Work
Replaced a defective drain tube in my KitchenAid refrigerator, cleaned out the ice in the bottom of the refrigerator and offered information regarding the warranty.

12/23/2014

Barbara C.

Service is prompt and done well. Shows the problem and fixes it with the least expensive alternative. Would not contact any other provider. Sam is very knowledgeable on all appliances. Would trust his judgment on all my appliances.

Description of Work
fixed handle on dishwasher and checked on refrigerator.

10/06/2014

BRENDA P.

Please see above - very happy with the service and price.

Description of Work
Sam replaced the ice maker in my 2004 side by side Frigidaire refrigerator. He completed the job quickly and was very professional and friendly. Appliance Repair Service will be my go to service company for all my large appliance repairs in the future!

07/19/2014

Valerie R.

I contacted Appliance Repair Service when my KitchenAid dishwasher would start draining itself shortly after being placed in the Start Mode. The gentleman that I spoke with on the phone asked right away if the rack had by chance broken recently. It had just that morning. He diagnosed that the rack had broken adjusters and that the piece had fallen into the motor causing it not to start. I scheduled service for the next day. The tech arrived just as scheduled and even called prior to tell me he was on his way. He completely fixed it very quickly by removing the broken part from the motor. He then replaced the broken adjusters. The tech was very professional. He even showed me how to try to prevent it from happening in the future. It was a very quick service call. I was impressed by the knowledge and professionalism of the technician. I would highly recommend them if you own a KitchenAid dishwasher in need of repair.

Description of Work
Repaired KitchenAid dishwasher.

07/02/2014

Mary B.

I called Sam on Monday afternoon and he came on Wednesday morning. He diagnosed the problem, had the part with him and fixed my washing machine. It's so nice to have my washing machine working again. Sam was very polite and helpful. I would use Applicance Repair Service again.

Description of Work
Fixed my washing machine.

07/01/2014

glenn S.

Sam was here on time, knew what the problem was - very knowledgeable, was quick and efficient. While the refrigerator was pulled out, I decided to clean the top. I couldn't quite reach the other side and Sam offered to help. Little things like that make such an impression!

Description of Work
defrosted and cleared the defrost drain tube.

06/24/2014

Robert H.

I contacted Ron on 6/23. He arrived on time on 6/24 and very quickly identified the problem. He is very knowledgeable and efficient.

Description of Work
My refrigerator was leaking water sometimes. Ron found that the problem was a clogged drain in the freezer compartment. He corrected the problem.

06/03/2014

Debra M.

I was very impressed with the service we received. He was on time and had the parts available on his truck. He did the service in a timely manner and was very pleasant. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
He replaced the relay in our refrigerator.

05/05/2014

James F.

I have worked with both Ron and Adam many times in the past for refrigerator and other appliances, and have always received courteous and professional workmanship every time. No hidden costs, and no need to call them back to fix their work. In fact, I am having a new problem with my dryer, and they were the first people I thought of. They will be coming tomorrow to fix it, after calling today.

Description of Work
Replaced heating element in dryer

02/08/2014

Paul M.

The water line was frozen on my frig. Advice: turn it off and let it thaw out. I did and that worked. Sam, the service tech, ran my dishwasher for a little while, removed a small hand full of objects from the pump area, ran it again and the problem was fixed. Sam came during the time frame told to me and fixed both problems for about $121.00 including the trip charge. I've used ARS in the past and will call again

Description of Work
ARS was called to fix my water dispenser on my Frigidaire refrigerator and to give advice on whether to repair or replace my 7.5 year old Kitchenaid dishwasher.

02/05/2014

Marina B.

Our frig is quite old. The necessary part is no longer available. However, the sevice person showed my husband a temporary "fix"until we reach the point when we need to replace the appliance. We are satisfied with the service.

08/19/2013

Tom C.

They were scheduled to come on Friday and I called to confirm the appointment with them. They came a day earlier than scheduled. It was a great experience.

Description of Work
Ron replaced the condenser on our refrigerator which was under warranty.

07/26/2013

CAROL LYNN W.

They initially was not able to fix the internal tempertature. They installed a new fan and that did help for a while but it ended up being a compter chip, which is rare, and he was able to fix it which it great.

Description of Work
He repaired my side by side refrigerator.

03/25/2013

ANDY S.

Two year old KitchenAid bottom-freezer refrigerator had developed ice sheets on the bottom of the freezer compartment. I called my warranty service and was told this problem would not be covered. I was referred to a couple repair companies and chose this one. I called them up on a Sunday afternoon and got hold of Sam. I explained the situation and he immediately knew what the problem was. I needed to get it fixed quiclky and Sam arranged to come over the next day. He showed me the problem and had it fixed and cleaned up in about 30 minutes. Also vacuumed out compressor area. Great service all around, actually better than great - fabulous! How often does this happen? Immediate response, quality service, fair price. Will be my first call for all appliance needs.

Description of Work
Fixed a clogged drain plug, removed ice sheets from freezer, defrosted drain pan, removed clogged drain cap from drain tube on a KitchenAid bottom freezer refrigerator.

01/16/2013

MARY JO G.

Called for service on Tuesday and the dishwasher was repaired by Wednesday afternoon. Apparently a common repair on this model, (KUDS301XBT1) a piece of plastic upon which one of the tray's wheels is attached broke. The tray could not be pulled forward without it falling out of the track. The repair itself took about 10 minutes. (The part was on the truck.) In addition to the the repair, I appreciated that the tech took a moment to check for any additional pieces of broken plastic which could cause future problems. He also gave me some suggestions on how to use the upper tray to reduce stress on this (poorly designed) part.

Description of Work
Repaired kitchenaid dishwasher.

07/25/2012

Leslie K.

Great experience! Called mid-day for service call. Was given some advice over the phone, but still decided to have them stop for a service call later in the afternoon just to confirm nothing more could be done. Sam exceeded my expectations ... he arrived on time, very professional, very personable; gave great advice on buying a new refrigerator. He even took a few minutes to meet my yellow lab, who was thrilled to see him! I will definitely call on Sam and Ron for service when my appliances need it (hopefully not too soon though!).

Description of Work
Had 13 yr old refrigerator looked at to determine it the problem would cost more to fix than buying a new refrigerator.

01/22/2012

CATHERINE L.

The Sunday before Christmas our oven stopped working. I checked Angies List for a repair person and selected Appliance Repair Service then called and left a message that evening. We received a phone call Monday morning and the repair person came to our house and repaired the oven by early afternoon. The oven is over 15 years old so we were extremely happy that the oven could be repaired versus being replaced. Also very pleased with the extremely prompt service and professionalism of the repair person.

Description of Work
Our oven stopped working. The technician replaced the ignitor and got the oven working again.

12/14/2011

DAVID & TRACY A.

It went very well. I called on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:15. My call was returned about an hour later. My oven was fixed the next day by 5:00 pm. Sam was very friendly and professional! Would definitely call them again!

Description of Work
Replaced the ignitor in my oven. Even cleaned up under my stove as well as his mess.

11/30/2011

LOUISE Y.

He never came out and he got rude with me and stated he wouldn't come out to my neighborhood. Updated response - It's Unfortunate that all addresses in the inner city are considered unsafe. I've had safety issues in Brookfield and Waukesha, but I haven't condemned those places. If a business directly asks about safety concerns - which the person did not express to me when we talked - I would have told him that I have a fenced in yard with a 3 car garage. I've had to assure other service providers of the safety in my neighborhood and they have enjoyed servicing my household needs for a couple years. I realize the concerns of people who don't live in the area. There are neighborhoods I wouldn't visit because I know they are unsafe, but I ask ahead of time, before I go anywhere - including suburban neighborhoods. Assuming can cost you plenty of business, but I understand how past experiences can shade your view.

Description of Work
I called him because I had to get my refrigerator repaired in the summer. He came up with an astronomical price to come out to our house.

Category appliance repair

I tried to explain to this customer that I would not go to the inner city and I was in Pewaukee.I quoted he a price as a two man job because she was on 5th and north avenue.I will not go in the inner city for warranty service either so I don't feel that I should have to go for Angies List customers either. My service vehicle has been broken into many times in the past and I have been robbed twice and hurt,my wife says NO More! I know people live in the area they live in for various reasons but I don't feel comfortable traveling in those areas anymore alone that was the reason for the price quote.I'm sorry that I could not help her but I stand by my safety policies but I will stand by them.

09/26/2011

Gary A.

Excellent service. Did what he said he would do at the price he quoted.

Description of Work
Replaced refrigerator thermostat.

09/06/2011

Todd T.

Called just before noon, received a call back around 1:00, at my house by 3:30, and had my refrigerator repaired by 5:00! Ron/Appliance Repair Service are awesome. He reworked his schedule to get me in on extremely short notice, knowing that living without a refrigerator is not cool (pun intended). Great service from a great guy.

Description of Work
Our refrigerator failed over the holiday weekend. Needed to be repaired or replaced.

07/26/2011

CHERYL F.

They arrived on time. The price was good and they did everything as promised. My dryer is now working.

Description of Work
I had my dryer repaired.

06/30/2011

Betty P.

It is never a good sign when you go for ice from the dispenser and water comes out! We called Ron at Appliance Repair late in the afternoon and left a message regarding our problem. He returned the call and repaired the refrigerator the same day. Very pleased!

Description of Work
Refrigerator was not cooling nor freezing. He repaired quickly.