The Electrician Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2010

We are a growing, local contractor with several field technicians, including several State Certified Master Electricians and Journeyman Electricians on staff at all times. We are a training organization and a member of Associated Builders and Contractors of Wisconsin. We are also a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Our service area includes, but is not limited to Sauk, Columbia, Dane, northern Green, northern Rock and Western Iowa counties. We are pleased to provide service to Baraboo, Reedsburg, Portage, Lake Delton, Wisconsin Dells, Sauk City, Black Earth, Cross Plains, Spring Green, Mount Horeb, Verona, Fitchburg, Dodgeville, New Glarus, Monona, Madison, McFarland, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, DeForest and many surrounding communities. We provide free estimates upon request. Some work may allow for an estimate to be provided over the phone, but it is generally better for us to see the work that needs to be done in order to give an accurate estimate of the cost. We provide T&M services at a reduced rate for our Angie's List customers. Our first hour is billed at $129/hr, and time begins once we arrive at your home. We do not charge any additional fees or rates for travel time or trip charges within our service areas described above, however our first hour rate is also our minimum labor charge. After the first hour of work, we bill at a rate of $99/hr for work performed by each technician on site, and we bill out their time in 15 minute increments. One example would be; 2 technicians perform 1.5 hours of work at your home, for a total of 3 labor hours. You would be billed $129 for the first labor hour, then $99/e for the 2nd and 3rd labor hours. We are happy to provide references from past customers and contractors we work with. We perform most residential, commercial & industrial electrical services....

electrician (605)lighting (166)ceiling fan installation (74)home security systems (5)home remodeling (1)drywall (2)gas leak repair (1)roof snow removal (1)

08/09/2021

Valerie H.

The staff at The Electrician is top notch in care, providing suggestions to best fit your needs and budget. They are super personable and responsive. They stand behind their work with no hassle and are quick to respond if something is not working the way it should. I recently had John and Butter work on a number of projects at my warehouse. The job was done exactly to spec. Additionally, they both went above and beyond to help me when I had a machine go down when they were there. John was able to get the short in the machine fixed in no time and I was back up and running my business. He also helped me with my compressor and another machine it was connected to. If it wasn't for him going above and beyond with his knowledge and care, I would still be struggling with these things. He made my business stronger and as a small business owner we need all the help we can get. John and Butter were real lifesavers. Priceless!

Description of Work
Lighting, ceiling fans, 220 outlet and additional outlets

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/03/2021

05/15/2021

Kevin S.

Excellent. Perfect alignment, accomplished what was desired. I have hired Electricians Inc. for electrical projects in Baraboo and Middleton over the past 17 years. Professional, timely, great service.

Description of Work
Recessed lighting in laundry room, remove overhead lights.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

10/19/2020

Douglas K.

Great to work with. Easy to get in touch with to finalize job specs. On time. On budget. Good materials. Adheres to Covid-19 protocols to protect you and their employees too. Friendly, professional, knowledgeable. I would recommend these guys to anyone and will contact them again if I need additional work.

Description of Work
New duct and roof vent for bathroom exhaust fan..

Category home security systems, ceiling fans, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

08/31/2020

Jenifer F.

I was very happy with the overall experience with The Electrician. They were very professional, answered any questions or concerns I had, and did excellent work. I would highly recommend them, and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Service Panel Upgrade

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

08/25/2020

Joel J.

The Electrician Inc. - I have used them before and I will use them again, if you asked my to rate them, I would give them 10 out of 10.

Description of Work
Replaced/Updated Breaker Panel- Added more breakers and attached power for new power to several outbuildings.

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

08/24/2020

Kathleen F.

I cannot speak highly enough about the team from "The Electrician." We live in an older pre-fabricated home with no attic space and no ceiling lighting. The installation required fishing wiring through and around countless beams over long expanses. The team was patient, skilled, and confident in their work. They even helped us arrange an improved placement when our original plan was not possible due to our home's unique structure. Their work was completed in a timely fashion, and looks and functions beautifully! The estimate was fairly priced and the initial estimate procedure was professionally handled and carefully explained. Most importantly the owner and team were polite, communicative, detail-oriented, and tidy. As this job was done during a pandemic, the electricians remained masked and used other professional health protocol during their work. I have used "The Electrician" in the past with similarly exceptional results and intend to continue to do so in the future.

Description of Work
Recessed Ceiling Lighting & Electric Baseboard Heating Installation

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

08/20/2020

Steven C.

Contacted them through their website and could not muster up the professionalism to contact me.

Description of Work
Contacted for an Estimate

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

[ Member Name Removed ], Thank you for your feedback. According to our records, we actually did reach out to you at both the email and phone number you provided on February 25th of this year - the same day of your request. You requested to have two wall sconce light fixtures mounted at your home, as well as replacement of a few existing receptacle outlets. I apologize if you needed us to continue to try to make contact, and if you do need any further assistance, please reach out to me directly at my mobile at 608-434-4977 or at my email at brent@theelectricianinc.com. Sincerely, Brent D. Yauchler The Electrician, Inc.

06/20/2020

Julie S.

The light switch was repaired but several small screws were left on the floor and we have dogs that could have eaten them. Paid for an electrical assessment and while the electricians completed their work, we never received the assessment report.

Description of Work
Light switch repair and electrical assessment

Category electrician, home security systems

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your recent review of our services back in February of last year and thank you for sharing your concerns. We work very hard to make sure each customer receives the service they deserve, and it is very helpful for us when our customers share when they are unhappy with our services, as well as when they are satisfied. I have also reached out to you by phone and email to see if there is anything we can do to help at this time. Please also feel free to contact me directly at any time at 608-434-4977 or at brent@theelectricianinc.com. Sincerely, Brent D. Yauchler The Electrician, Inc.

02/17/2020

Steven M.

Fantastic! We really appreciate the work The Electrician did for us. I have had them come out several times during out remodel and they have done quality, professional work every time. I am thrilled to have found a dependable and reasonably priced electrician to call when in need.

Description of Work
Electrical work related to remodel, including rewire, fixture install, outlet installs

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

10/21/2019

Susan M.

Prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, good value.

Description of Work
Run a line from house to garage, hook up, install light.

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

09/09/2019

Dean P.

This was a tremendous experience. The electrician was professional, on time, and one of the most pleasant, easy-going people I've met. (He literally hummed and sang while he worked -- it was great.) He explained what he was doing as it did, which I greatly appreciated. I would definitely hired them again.

Description of Work
Installing an additional outlet in an unfinished basement

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

08/22/2019

Adam B.

Excellent, techs were on time, friendly, professional, put down drop cloths, cleaned up, disposed of old ceiling fan as well.

Description of Work
Washer/Dryer circuits/outlets in basement, install 2 ceiling fans.

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

10/06/2018

Julie V.

Everyone from the owner to the office managers to the electricians were super supportive and attentive. They installed the lights 6 months ago and honored their warranty. The problem was solved and completed quickly.

Description of Work
Newly installed puck lights stopped working.

09/03/2018

Dena K.

Electrician was on time, pleasant professional, efficient.

Description of Work
various including fix doorbell and security light

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

07/26/2018

William B.

Overall went well, hit an unforeseen hiccup due to my old home, but the electricians were knowledgeable and professional throughout the whole process

Description of Work
Bathroom exhaust fan installation

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

06/13/2018

Mario G.

I was redoing a wall that separates my house from the garage. Previously the electrical conduits went in and out of the wall and all over the place, and I needed it all consolidated inside the wall so I could properly seal it up and insulate/drywall it. While the wall was open I also wanted additional outlets added on both sides, additional switches added to control a light from various locations, and a new exterior light added. They were upfront with the fact that they couldn't give an estimate of the cost until everything was opened up, so I decided to just go through with it. They managed to accomplish everything that I wanted done, and as usual it all looked great and was very professional. They also listened to my feedback to make sure I was happy with all of the work. I've hired these guys before and I would definitely do it again.

Description of Work
Rewiring a wall, adding outlets, adding an external light, converting a light to a 4-way

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

05/28/2018

Toni B.

Amazing. Would never look anywhere else. They were quick, accommodating, informative, knowledgeable and came in below estimate. Boom-all I need to know.

Description of Work
Various electrical additions throughout a newly purchased condo

Work Completed On 02/26/2018

02/01/2018

Scott Q.

Both issues were corrected promptly and are now working very well. Communication, promptness, and quality work were all evident. This is a great team.

Description of Work
Fixed two electrical issues we had in our house. The lightbulb connection needed to be fixed in the garage door opener and an upstairs light was flickering because of the fixture.

Work Completed On 01/09/2018

01/31/2018

Amy B.

Excellent job on the whole electrical inspection with great attention to detail. Fixed all the issues and gave me piece of mind with my homes electrical grid. Answered several questions I had and gave me several tips for the future.

Description of Work
Whole electrical inspection with replacement of several worn outlets.

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

12/26/2017

Randall L.

I've used the Electrician Inc for multiple projects over the past five years (some, but not all, I've review here on AL) and they have been exceptional in each case. For the latest project I had them rewire the electric for our bathroom remodel (adding or changing outlets, switches and lighting, hooking up the vent). Bo (who I've worked with many times before) and Brian did the work. We have an older house (ca. 1950) and I was prepared for the job to be time-consuming and costly. However, Bo expertly assessed the situation and explained how they could tie into the existing wiring (rather than pulling everything and running new wire all the across the house to the breaker) while keeping everything up to code. A less scrupulous company might have a recommended a more costly (and unnecessary) option. The job was completed in less than a day and way under what I budgeted for. I can't recommend these guys highly enough.

Description of Work
Re-wired the electric for our bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

12/06/2017

David H.

The Electrician was very neat and professional. He was right on time.The work that was performed was done in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this Business

Description of Work
wiring of small commercial building ie receptacles, lighting

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

11/22/2017

Amy S.

It was done quickly, efficiently, and most importantly, cleanly!

Description of Work
We had an old light fixture removed and a new fixture put in. This required closing off the electrical from the old fixture and installing new electrical for the new fixture.