Ideal Property Management

Founded 1989 • With Angi since April 2010

1.8

Po Box 175

Sussex, WI 53089

IDEAL LANDSCAPING AND LAWN CARE SERVICE HAS BEEN SERVING THE NORTHSHORE SUBURBS FOR OVER 20 YEARS. OUR BUSINESS HAS GROWN PRIMARILY THROUGH REFERRALS FROM SATISFIED CUSTOMERS. WHATS SETS IDEAL APART? OUR EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONAL TEAM IS DEEPLY COMMITTED TO BOTH QUALITY AND DETAIL. THE NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A LANDSCAPE PROJECT, SEE THE DIFFERENCE FOR YOURSELF....

08/06/2020

traci S.

This company has a terrible work ethic and reputation for padding the bills. Weeding hours were added that were never done. They sprayed my lawn with fertilizer that I never wanted. My patio project was awful and the joints never hardened. It was a total mess. When I asked for him to fix it he ignored my texts and emails for weeks until someone on Next Door alerted him that the community was exposing his consistent behavior. He showed up at my house and told me his dad died two weeks ago and that he had ignored everyone. Poor guy. I found out a few days later that his dad died two years ago. I told him his lack of accountability and lies were reprehensible and that I wanted a refund as he could not be trusted and I didn’t want him on my property.

Description of Work
Lawn care and Bluestone Patios repair.

Category landscaping, lawn service, patios

11/25/2013

Anne T.

My husband contacted the owner Rick Dassow back in April of this year 2013 to help us with our lawn. It was in rough shape because of the drought the previous year. After several attempts he finally returned our call. We knew he was busy so we waited. We had hired Ideal Landscaping the previous year to apply fertilizer and we were pleased for the most part. We never knew when they would show up but they always did. We were very concerned about our pets and asked that the workers please cover their water bowls or at least refill it after the application and please close the gate so the dogs would not get out. Neither of these requests were taken care of. Since the owner of Ideal lives in our neighborhood we thought it was a good idea to rehire him for the 2013 season. After a long discussion Rick Dassow (owner) about the dog bowl and gate situation he assured us these items would be taken care of. We paid him in advance for the 2013 season. His crew came and did the work we hired them to do but again forgot the dog bowl and gate situations. Not only that, but 2 of the 5 fertilizer applications there were no signs left in the yard to inform us of the fertilizer being applied to the lawn. ( isn't that against the law?) . 3 of the 5 times they were here they came and went in less than 10 minutes, actually blew the fertilizer right into the dogs water bowls and left the gate open. We also asked if Ricks company (at the start of the 2013 season before we knew what poor work he actually did) to repair our lawn from the previous seasons drought. After many calls and missed appointments (should have been a clue) Rick finally showed up to give us a quote. We thought the quote was fair and once again because he was our neighbor we decided to hire him for that work as well. Very poor choice on our part because he set up at least 4 different times that he would come and do the work and never ever showed. We called many times but never received a returned call. We really tried to give this guy a chance but he totally blew it. He is rude on the phone and promises work he does not do. We will NEVER hire this man again even though he IS our neighbor. After comparing his prices to other landscapers in the area we also feel his price on fertilizing is much higher than the rest. Next summer we will find someone else to do the work.

Description of Work
fertilize front and back lawns

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

05/29/2013

MICHAEL S.

We were out of town this winter and used Ideal for snow removal in a pinch. We were charged nearly $250 for a one-time snow removal. Our driveway is a single car width and roughly 120 feet long. We also have about 70 feet of sidewalk. The job normally takes me about an hour and a half for a heavy snowfall. Ideal charged us nearly four hours of labor plus another $35 (!) for snow melt. To test my sense that this bill was exorbitant, I asked at least a half dozen people who are familiar with my lot what they thought would be a fair price for a one-time snow removal and not one guessed more than $125. This bill was unconscionable. I can not urge you strongly enough to look elsewhere for snow removal or landscaping needs.

Description of Work
We used Ideal for snow removal while we were out of town.

Category landscaping, roof snow removal

05/18/2013

MICHAEL S.

Description of Work
Provided one-time snow removal while we were out of town.

Category snow removal

10/29/2012

BARBARA L.

They demolished some previous pavers and concrete and then they put in some stone steps and secured the walkway and straightened everything out. Great workers, thorough estimate and very professional.

Description of Work
Put in some steps

Category landscaping

Superior Landscaping

Serving the Elkhorn, WI area for 15 years, trust our professionals to think outside of the box to provide you with the best solutions, friendliest service, and a job that's done right the first time. Our residential landscaping services include: Tree planting Tree maintenance Sodding and seeding Topsoil Grading Mulching Landscape lighting New Fiberglass Pool Install We'll keep your lawn and landscape in tip-top shape all year long, as our services are available year-round. Contact Superior Landscaping today for a FREE estimate on the landscaping services you're interested in!

Night Owl Landscape Lighting

Landscape lighting is about so much more than putting a single light on each tree in your yard and a few path lights by your front entrance. It's about creating a mood, an ambiance, and bringing into existence a room outside that you didn't know was there. Night Owl owner and designer Woody Kerwin takes pride in showing his customers what can be done with light to achieve their goals. The world of LED outdoor lighting is rapidly evolving. Many lighting installers are not trained on the newest technology and can only offer very limited options to their customers. Call Woody to work with a designer who is at the forefront of lighting technology and can maximize your home's value by utilizing a wide range of products. Let Night Owl show you your home at night!

Malie's Pressure Washing Mobile Service

We are a full service power washing. We can power wash your home, roof, patios, sidings, boats, driveways, cars, clean carpet.

Check, MasterCard, Visa

FULL LANDSCAPE CONTRACTOR, DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, MAINTENANCE, HARDSCAPE, RETAINING WALLS, FOUNTAINS, WATER FEATURE'S, SPECILIZING IN FORMAL GARDENS, AND ENGLISH STYLE GARDENS SNOW REMOVEL SEASONAL DECORE

IRRAGATION, LIGHTLING, APPLYING ANY INSECTICIDES, OR PESTICIDES