A-1 Quality Steam

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2000

4388 S Iowa

St. Francis, WI 53235

Award winning. Since our establishment in 1976, A-1 Quality Steam has been providing award winning service to homeowners and commercial clients in southeastern Wisconsin, insuring that our clients will receive fast friendly service plus the best possible clean ever. A-1 Quality Steams's scrupulous

04/26/2022

Janice B.

Had appointment today 4-26-22 between 12 noon and 1. Nobody ever showed up or called and said they not coming. Took day off work unpaid to have it done before we move on 4-27. Very unprofessional

Description of Work
Sofa and love seat cleaning

Category upholstery cleaning

On this day our truckmount equipment broke down and needed repair we did contact the customer there was no answer. The next morning I called again they did answer I explained what had happened. Our equipment goes out daily and works Perfectly unfortunately on this day there was a part that broke down. We take seriously the concerns of our customers I'm sorry this happened.

09/23/2018

Mary T.

Did a good job, but was several hours late. Gave reasons for the delay, which seemed credible, but should have notified me.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

08/16/2018

Adrian M.

Not too bad. Helper didn't show so only one guy so I pulled and reinstalled vents so he could focus on cleaning. I had more that the allotted number of vents so my cost was higher than the flyer and I elected to get the sanitizer. In hind sight I would forego the sanitizer. It is just a spray bottle (I thought is was a fog), and it leaked through some of the joints in the ducting staining some of the ceiling tiles in the basement. He did take off some to compensate me for the tiles, but still a hassle that was greater than the compensation.

Description of Work
Clean Vents on ranch with basement

04/20/2018

DAVID K.

Easy to get an appointment, arrived right on time, and explained what he was doing to clean any soiled areas. Gave me the choice of how much furniture we wanted moved. Very quick process with the carpet left fresh and clean. The best part was the easy drying process - we were able to move everything back in place the next morning, and probably could have done it even sooner.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning for two levels and one set of stairs

01/08/2018

Cathleen H.

It went fine, but almost too fast. They came in, spotted a couple of stains, steamed the carpets and were done super fast. The landlord was not satisfied with the job. He claimed it didn't look professional. I thought it was fine. I chose "B" but I felt a "B+" was more accurate. an "A" grade would have been achieved if all the stains came out, or if they went over those spots a second time while the first run soaked in a little.

Description of Work
Clean apartment carpet for move out.

12/19/2017

Aurora L.

Overall great job, they were a little late, and left a few vent covers open/not replaced which dropped their overall from A to B, but best we can tell did a good job and don't have any major complaints, we would use again!

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning, 3000 square foot newly purchased home

11/27/2017

Catherine T.

He came on time and cleaned out a clogged long vent.

Description of Work
Cleaned out dryer vent

Category dryer vent cleaning

11/12/2017

Jared R.

Very professional. Would defiantly use them again.

Description of Work
Air Duct Cleaning

10/09/2017

Jeffrey B.

He did a great job. The carpets and inside looked brand new.

Description of Work
Car Detail

Category auto detailing

10/09/2017

Muddassir M.

Did a fair job had to prompt to remove there shoes did not carry shoe cover

Description of Work
Duct cleaning

09/28/2017

Mark W.

Ok. Average. I feel like I ordered a nice plate of pasta but got the kraft macaroni and cheese instead. Still good, not really good. Got a deal on Angie's list to clean AC vents but decided to trade for a room and a half of carpet cleaning and dryer vent. Lance was an accommodating guy and he took the trade. They showed up on time. The worker was a nice guy but worked waaaay to fast for my liking. Seems like carpet cleaning should be done slowly. Surprise! This morning my newly cleaned carpet from the day before still looked dirty?? I pulled out my own carpet cleaner and sure enough, black water. It was still very dirty. Moral: Anytime you buy a discount through groupon or Angie's list or whatever, you have to ask yourself, why are they discounting their services anyway? Will you get the same service if you paid full price. Word of mouth is the way service companies drive new business and doing good work, the first time, and consistently each time after, is how they keep good customers and get recommended. Close but no Cigar.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, dryer vent cleaning

09/27/2017

Wail H.

It went well. The stains did not vanish, but the man went over them several times and got them much lighter. Very polite and professional person too.

Description of Work
Steam the carpet. The carpet was relatively old and had obvious stains.

09/21/2017

Jean L.

left stains and didn't tell me about them

Description of Work
carpet cleaning

09/11/2017

Lisette H.

The technicians called prior to their arrival, arrived promptly, were courteous and friendly and did a very nice job of making sure everything went smoothly. I had never had my air ducts cleaned previously, and they walked me through the process prior to starting work and listened to my requests. I am very pleased with the job they did and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning and sanitizing

09/05/2017

Kelley F.

Did not respond to my Angie's List message. Did not respond to my email through their website. Finally responded to a phone message and scheduled an appointment on Labor Day--his suggestion. Never showed up, and didn't call back until the next day. No apologies, and in fact was very blasé and actually said I should have known because "it's common knowledge" that people don't work on Labor Day. Well, a lot of people actually do. And a lot of people know how to run a business. Sadly, he is not one of them. So sick of MY time being wasted by these midwestern passive aggressive businesses who only value their own time. I bought his deal over a month ago, and now have to go back to square one. Beyond annoying.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Yes I did schedule a dryer vent cleaning on Labor Day. Neither of us must have realized it at the time. It was an honest mistake. I was very busy at the time I took the appointment not realizing I scheduled on a holiday. I did apologize for the mistake to her.

09/05/2017

William G.

They were very good. They were prompt, efficient, professional. I would recommend them to family and friend. One guy came out.

Description of Work
They cleaned carpet in 3 rooms.

09/02/2017

Lloyd B.

They refused to do It. I was told my house was too nice. I advised them that I had negotiated the price from $199 to $500 at the time I made the appointment. They refused to do the work. They left without doing anything. I got another Angie's List provider and they did the work without hesitation for $349, without having to move any furniture or accessory items. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Duct cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning

We came out to the house to meet the homeowner with our equipment and intent to do the job. We got to the job and unknown to us there were expensive collector type items in massive quantity throughout the house in every room.You could barely move throughout the house much less bring hosing in to do the work. We needed access to all the vent covers to be removed throughout the house to to do the job correctly. We also explained to them that there was too much of a liability it was a very unusual situation. I'm sorry they feel like we inconvenience them but we just need proper access to be able to perform the job correctly.

08/16/2017

Dustin J.

The vents definitely looked cleaner and I am sure we will notice a difference in the air.

Description of Work
Just needed the air ducts cleaned at our house. We moved in a few months ago and the previous owners had smoked in the house. Lance I believe was the owner's name, he was punctual getting back to me and fit me in the next week. His coworker/employee Gary called me when they were done, said it was filthy and needed but all was good now.

08/15/2017

Terry P.

It went well,he was prompt,professional,and did a great job.

Description of Work
we needed our carpet cleaned.

08/09/2017

Steven J.

They were great. I would use them again in the future. It was professional. It was timely. It was quality work. I was very pleased. It took about an hour. Communications and interactions were fine. They were great.

Description of Work
Carpet Cleaning.

08/05/2017

Judith D.

They are very good and did a beautiful job. He had a very good attitude and takes care of anything I ask.

Description of Work
They cleaned my rug and my couches.

07/31/2017

Rebecca H.

Horrible rude vendor, wouldn't never use or consider them. They should be removed from your recommended list. So unprofessional! So rude!

Description of Work
I needed carpet cleaning, 3 rooms for $112.00, which the vendor said was a mistake on Angie's part. He asked me to read the deal because he didn't want to provide the services. He said he wasn't going to make any money. He also said I would lie in my review about him and his company. Then he hung up on me. I had to call him...after placing my order a few days ago...which I've never had to do before. When di

Category carpet cleaners

Not really sure what happen here. I tried to schedule a day to complete the service and ask her what deal she purchased cuz I had several running at the time. [Member Name Removed] tried to tell me what the deal was. I asked her if she could give me her confirmed angieslist info so we're both totally clear on services. She became rude and called me names. So I felt it was best to refund her money. Again not sure what happen this is a common practice when I answered the phone to ask what they purchased so everybody is clear and there's no surprises for anyone. I hope things eventually worked out for her.

07/31/2017

Tom R.

Everything was done to our satisfaction...

Description of Work
Carpets cleaned in three bedrooms.

07/26/2017

Sue P.

Good! The service tech was courteous and did a good job.

Description of Work
Duct work cleaning.

06/28/2017

Steven W.

Awesome job. Showed up on time, took care of the house, did the job professionally.

Description of Work
The original hire was for the dryer vent. They also offered a nice deal on a room carpet cleaning, which they did very nicely.

Category carpet cleaners, dryer vent cleaning

Persian Rug Gallery

Specialize in everything RUGS. We work with all types of rugs; rug cleaning, repair & restoration, buying/selling/trading rugs, rug appraisals, antique rugs, stairway rug installation, rug hanging, etc.

TILE TIM Contracting

OWNER OPERATED. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. ASK FOR DETAILS ON TRAVEL CHARGES & SERVICE FEES.

Christina's Carpet Care

We are a locally owned, multi generational company and we take great pride in our work. Our employees are NOT subcontractors and are therefore trained by us personally with over 40 years experience. Since the employees are paid hourly there is no incentive for up-selling,so they will not push sales on customers. We use top of the line products and machinery, and everything we use is non-toxic. When necessary we can do jobs that are not typically accessible with a truck-mounted systems by using our hot water extraction portable unit. There are no hidden charges with us. The only fees we have are a travel fee to all counties and a 3% charge when paying with a credit card. PHOTOS ARE SMALL EXAMPLE OF TYPE OF RESULTS YOU WANT IN A CARPET SERVICE. OUR CREW AND SIGNIFICANT OTHERS AT ANNUAL MILWAUKEE COUNTY ZOO COMPANY OUTING.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    5.00

Carpet, mattress & upholstery cleaning. Air duct cleaning, allergy relief. Pet odor removal.