American Pest Solutions

Founded 1990 • With Angi since June 2001

4.3

107 Packer Dr

Roberts, WI 54023

8 employees. Cost is determined by the job. Family owned. Additional phone - (715) 749-3857. Additional DBAs - Behrens Enterprises Inc, American Animal Control....

06/15/2016

Nancy K.

Description of Work
Walked around house looked for areas for mice to come in.

Category pest control,animal removal

04/30/2015

Donald H.

Description of Work
Treated millipede invasion.

05/15/2013

Sandra S.

It was a little expensive but they were effective.

Description of Work
I used the services of American Pest Solutions for pest control.

12/19/2012

Pat M.

Put all traps (4) in the same place though I have an old house with 4 places they were using. Came out twice to check, found 1 squirrel. Asked for estimate to remove squirrel debris from attic. Did not send right away. Then said were coming out to take traps away so I had to go ahead with the second estimate or risk the squirrels return and starting all over with another company. Finally sent an estimate to remove debris for another $938.00 saying there was a large amount of debris but when I went up there with a handyman there was minimal debris. So in the end cost more than $1000.00 to trap and remove one squirrel. When complained about misquote they apologized and said would retrain their staff about quoting.

Description of Work
Had squirrels. Called for estimate given $443 as price to come out, assess, set up traps etc. But when came out that was only for setting traps. Then got estimate for patching to prevent squirrels from returning for another $500 plus dollars.

Category pest control

We apologize for the misunderstanding, but we made it very clear that the patching had to be done ASAP either by us or someone else. We aren't going to leave our traps (which we have to check daily) until our customers can find a handyman etc to do the repairs, this is not cost effective. Also the total job came to $950.00 including tax. The reason the traps were placed as they were is we had blocked off all of the holes except for the one where we had the traps placed. We have a guarantee on our patching so if any squirrels get through our patch we remove those squirrels at no cost. Unfortunately sometimes our customers feel as if they know how to do our job better than we do and this is one of those cases.

12/04/2012

Brenda L.

One tech that came was awful. I called to complain, and the 2nd time they came out - the new tech was awesome. I originally called to get my money back, but the 2nd tech redeemed the experience I've had with this company. Everyone but that very first tech has been fantastic.

Description of Work
I signed up for their yearly service in July and they've been here a couple of times. Most recently in October. They treat for bugs and mice.

09/20/2012

Kathie B.

They were very friendly and accommodating. They explained the entire process to us as well. Their work was good.

Description of Work
They came out to remove squirrels.

06/20/2012

Peggy C.

They are very responsive. I have a yearly contract with them. They come back every six months to check everything. They are very good.

Description of Work
American Pest Solutions provided semi-annual pest control services.

06/04/2012

Marlys N.

They were prompt in their scheduling. Initially looks like that they have taken care of my problem. Price wise I have not compared them to anybody.

Description of Work
I used American Pest Solutions/American Animal Control . I have a contract with them for two applications for spring and fall.

06/02/2012

Terri A.

They only offered an "annual" service with several treatments throughout the year for several hundred dollars. We only wanted one treatment.

Description of Work
We did not hire this company.

Category pest control

We do offer one time treatments, however for certain pests several treatments are required to effectively control the infestation. I do not know what type of pest she had but maybe she had something that we knew could not be controlled with a one time treatment. We have no problem selling a one time treatment if that will control the pest and we end up with a happy customer. Customer satisfaction is our number one concern.

04/25/2012

Lynn S.

I like the fact that they specialize in that particular pest, unlike a lot of other companies that just dance over them. They came out when they said they would, they did an estimate that was effectively thorough, and it’s not the type of service where I can get all sides of it.

Description of Work
We used American Pest Solutions for our pest control.

04/13/2012

Candace B.

They specialize in Asian Beetles and other bugs like that. They come, do their job and leave. The treatments work. They are very no nonsense. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They provide pest control services.

12/10/2011

STEVE D.

They put some traps in the kitchen and outside. They haven't had any contact with us since then. We have seen more droppings but no mice in the traps. I call the company and they don't call me back. I'm desperate for some help from them and all they say is they are too busy.

Description of Work
We had found some mouse droppings and they came out to treat/inspect out home.

Category pest control

When we saw this report on Angie's List we immediately pulled the their file and did not see where the office had received any calls from them. We called the Members and found that apparently the technician they had called did not follow up them as required by company policy. We were unable to question that employee as he is no longer with the company. We scheduled a time with the Members for a full inspection to address any issues they may have and rechecked all of our work. They had not had any mouse problems for some time before this inspection and to date all looks good. We informed them they are still covered under their program and to call the office if they have any issues. They were very happy about everything and we have not heard from them since so we are assuming all is well.

10/24/2011

RUTH B.

They came out right away and took care of the problem. They were very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
They came and trapped a squirrel problem we had.

08/29/2008

JANE Z.

It started out well -- did the work they promised. However, they missed a visit when they were supposed to remove dead mice in traps -- I came home after a long summer weekend away and found they had not been there, and the smell was overpowering. On several occasions, I asked them to call and make an appointment so that I could let them in to check the bait boxes inside; they called my home on the day they were visiting, while I was at work, so I could not let them in to check. They finally started calling in advance, and were accommodating when I suggested that I leave the inside bait boxes on the front porch so that they could check and refill them if needed. However, last fall, I told them that I wanted them to come only once every three months; twice they shifted these visits to monthly without discussing it with me -- charging me $60 or more -- by writing a date for the next visit on the service report they left behind. I caught it once, and they said it was a mistake. They did it again this summer. When I called to let them know that I felt that they were taking advantage of me by creating these extra billable visits, and that I wanted to cancel their services, they didn't even apologize. I suspect they do this a lot -- and get away with it a lot.

Description of Work
Mouse control: sealing cracks in foundation, placing bait boxes inside and outside, poison blocks in attic, glue traps in basement. Followed by inspection visits

Category pest control

Employee that created the situation was released from employment. This is not acceptable. The Member went from a very happy customer to disappointed, Once again not acceptable. Please read her other evaluation.

07/02/2007

JANE Z.

Lots of extras from this company. I am very pleased. 1) Were able to come same day. Many advertise same-day service, but can't deliver. 2) Helped move refrigerator (at my dog's insistence!) to help diagnose problem. 3)Worked his schedule with my handyman's. Handyman tore off front porch, American Pest came back the next day and sealed holes in the foundation behind the old porch so the porch could be rebuilt that same day. Because they had access to the entire foundation, they will warranty their work. 4)Faster service, great personal concern, and lower price than big-name providers Only downside: a little messy with the sealing foam.

Description of Work
Mice control: sealed foundation, placed lockboxes with poison in attic, basement, outside.

07/08/2006

BRIAN M.

Most impressed with their customer service & responsiveness. They came out and did work for us which we paid a reasonable price for, when it turned out that the problem was not what they had originally diagnosed they came out and fixed it right away.

Description of Work
We had a squirrel in our basement that came in from the chimney. Came out & patched cracks & holes in house believing it was mice. When it turned out to be a squirrel they came out an put on a chimney cap.

Category chimney caps,animal removal

06/12/2003

STEVEN M.

VERY RESPONSIVE, CAME OUT THE SAME DAY.

Description of Work
REMOVED A BIRD AND NEST FROM OUR ATTIC.

04/18/2002

KARIN L.

WE WERE FORTUNATE TO HAVE JAMES HANSEN, AREA MANAGER, CALL ON US. HE & HIS HELPER WERE WONDERFUL. I WAS SO IMPRESSED WITH JAMES'' PROFESSIONALISM FOR SUCH A YOUNG AGE! HE ALSO WAS WILLING TO GIVE ME A CONSULTATION ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF BAT PROBLEMS IN OUR BREEZEWAY, WITH A VERY THROUGH EXPLANATION, OPTIONS, COST ESTIMATES, ETC. I VERY VERY STRONGLY GIVE THIS AN A+!!

Description of Work
RACOON W/ BABIES IN CHIMNEY. RAN MOM OUT, PULLED 5 BABIES OUT (WITH SOME PERSISTENCE & INGENUITY!), INSTALLED CHIMNEY CAP. I LIKED THE FACT THAT THE BABIES WERE SET ASIDE FOR THE MOTHER TO CLAIM LATER IN THE EVENING, & THE KNOWLEDGE THAT THEY''RE UNLIKELY/UNABLE TO RETURN TO OUR HOME TO ROOST! THUMBS UP TO AMERICAN ANIMAL CONTROL!

08/20/2001

KIRSTEN L.

Description of Work
REMOVED MOUSE

08/18/2001

ALICE B.

KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING. EXTREMELY COURTEOUS. MADE NOTES FOR ME AFTER INSPECTIONS. DID NOT TREAT ME LIKE I WAS STUPID. CAME BACK OUT TO PATCH AND RE PATCHED AREA AND MONITORED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS OK. REALLY PLEASED WITH THE WORK ALL AROUND.

Description of Work
TRAPPED SOME CRITTER AND PATCHED UP THE DAMAGE THAT THEY CAUSED

06/25/2001

PAUL C.

Description of Work
REMOVED SQUIRRELS.

The Bat Evictors

We are bat removal specialists. We have been serving Southeast MN and West Central WI for over 20 years. Our process of exclusion uses one-way exit devices that allow bats to get out but not get back in. We are owner operated. We guarantee results. Please note that we do not remove pests and rodents.

Residential & commercial pest & rodent management, nuisance wildlife removal from buildings, mole, vole, & gopher control,bat exclusion, bat guano clean-ups from attics. Attic restoration, re-insulation. Mosquito and tick control, Ant, Roach, Bees, Spider control, Bed Bug treatments and inspections either by our Bed Bug detector dog or technician. Heat or chemical Bed Bug programs for residential housing units, hotels, hospitals and more.

Dog & cat control.