HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC

With Angi since July 2010

We are a family owned business since 1877. We have three full time employees, two service vans and a storefront with a large showroom of safes and vaults. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Thomas P.
08/28/2014
William S.
03/25/2014
Hoernel's personnel arrived promptly as scheduled and inspected the door lock. He told me I was smart not to tackle the myself as the lock is a 1970's vintage that is 'peculiar' and parts are rare. Also, since the door is bored with an oval hole rather than round today's DIY lock sets do not fit. Anyway, all this conversation took place while he was disassembling the lock (i.e. no time wasted). Upon investigation he went to his service van where he had the appropriate tools and workbench and returned in 5-10 minutes with the old lock repaired and lubricated. I also asked him to take a look at the deadbolt since it was hard to operate and engage - fixed it too. Both locks operate as if they're new.
Description of Work
We had problems with our front door lock operating properly; didn't want to tackle the job myself.
Patricia R.
02/26/2014
He did a great job and out of 3 doors I only have to carry two keys which is why I didn't just replace all the locks and deadbolts. Showed up just a little late but got done quick. Would def hire again.
Description of Work
Had ever door including garage rekeyed because I just purchased the house.
James W.
01/20/2014
They actually just lent me the bolt cutter, let me drive it across to the shed, break my lock, drive it back to them, and charge me nothing. If I would have to pay them, they would charge me their coming out and it probably would have taken a day or 2 because my situation wasn't a high priority. I thought that was a really good service.
Description of Work
I went to Hoernel Key Shop to see about having someone to cut the lock off on a shed for me.
Danita H.
05/02/2013
I have been using them for over a decade. They are always punctual, and they are extremely honest. They even give you options, and that is what I want. At times, I think of what I want, and then I go over what I am thinking. They just have a very good customer service.
Description of Work
I used Hoernel Key Shop for locksmith service. They added a lock to my back door.
Brandie P.
04/12/2013
The company was able to come out within two days of my service request. The employee arrived on time, was very courteous and detail oriented. I'm very happy with their service. I will use them again and I will definitely recommend them to others.
Description of Work
rekeyed 4 exterior home locks, repaired three doorknobs/locks
Laurie C.
08/24/2012
Please see above.
Description of Work
The fellows were on time and very timely in releasing my door lock and then replacing with a new lock. The only disappointment was that I asked for three keys to be made but they only had materials to make two. I would hire again without hesitation.
Patricia M.
03/07/2012
I chose them because of their reputation and convenient location. I will use them again in the future.
Description of Work
I used Hoernel Key Shop to install a new security lock.

Phone

MasterCard
Visa
Discover

FAQ

HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC is open:

HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Visa, Check, Discover

Yes, HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC offers free project estimates.

No, HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

No, HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC offers warranties.

HOERNEL KEY SHOP INC offers the following services: Locks, safes, hollow metal doors and frames, automotive keys and remotes, keys, card access, cameras & alarms.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

ADT

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

ADT

We are a full service locksmith company. We service Milwaukee and Waukesha counties and areas around them. Commercial and residential lock services. Over 25 years experience, lock rekeying or replacing. Lock upgrades to electronic keypads and high security keys. All work trucks are equipped with key duplicators and most hardware.

For 140 years, ADT has been the leading home security provider in the country. SafeStreets, ADT's Authorized Provider, sells and installs ADT-monitored home security systems. Our team consists of 300+ trained consultants, covering more than 90% of the United States across 44 states. We are experts on the latest smart-home technology, and highly focused on giving all customers a 5-Star Experience™. SafeStreets is committed to bringing high-tech security equipment, backed by 24/7 professional monitoring, to the place that matters most - your home. We have same day and next day appointments available, all scheduled within a one hour window. Call us anytime for a custom home security assessment and free quote! Comprehensive Security System ADT 24/7 Monitoring Touch Screen Control Panel Motion Detectors, Glass Break Sensors, & Point-of-Entry Sensors Indoor, Outdoor, & Doorbell Cameras Smart Home Automation Smoke, Carbon Monoxide, & Flood Sensors Mobile App Control Cellular Connection Back-up Battery Supply Maintenance/Extended Warranty Homeowners Insurance Certificate Theft Protection Guarantee