Building Waters

Founded 2011 • With Angi since December 2012

2101 Lathrop Ave

Racine, WI 53405

Building Waters excels at complete plumbing, 24 hr service. We make exceptional repairs at reasonable rates, and work very hard to accommodate customers' individual schedules.

07/15/2020

Deborah H.

Perfect. They called as soon as they got the message, and were at the house 3 hours later installing a new water heater.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Category water heater repair

03/26/2019

Christopher J.

Wes and Jill were very polite and professional with initial phone call. They listened to my questions with a legitimate concern and desire to help. Wea agreed to meet me at my house same day to assess my issue. He met me on time and was able to diagnose and fix my problem with no charge. I fully intend to use them for any plumbing needs at my new (old) house.

Description of Work
Investigate noisy plumbing

08/07/2017

Jeff S.

Difficulty removing 60 year old elbow but once removed the reassembly was done very efficiently.

Description of Work
Redo water connection from incoming house water line, through meter to house piping. Remove remaining elbow 60 years old). Fit, "dope" and tape valve, two couplings, meter, and pipe elbow.

08/01/2017

Judy L.

They're fantastic. My husband didn't complain about it, so the price must have been pretty good. I think he told me and it was fairly inexpensive. I would give them an A all the way around; they were fantastic.

Description of Work
Plumbing.

07/06/2017

Lisa B.

This business is excellent- very experienced, high quality service. Also very responsive and personable. Would DEFINITELY hire again!

Description of Work
3 separate times we've hired Building Waters 1. installed a new outdoor facet 2. unclogged a sink on another occasion 3. installed new battery backup for sump pump

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

04/17/2017

Kenneth D.

After 2 hours of trying to clear a disposer plugged kitchen sink, I violated Man Rule #1 and let my wife call a plumber. Building Waters had a plumber to my house within 20 minutes and he had it cleared within 15! The young man was polite, neat & efficient. I've learned my lesson and next time will call them first.

Description of Work
Clear a plugged kitchen sink

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

03/10/2017

Linda F.

Mike came and tried so hard to break through the roots. When he realized his equipment wasn't going to do the job, he called Econo Sewer and Drain. They came out first thing in the morning and got the job done. I appreciate the fact that Building Waters tried so hard and then found someone to help me. I would strongly recommend them, they are awesome.

Description of Work
Basement sewer was plugged with tree roots. Had sewage backed up in my basement.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

08/29/2016

Donna H.

One of best service calls I ever made! They were thankfully able to provide same day service for a non-emergency small bathroom remodel. The customer service rep was very nice and accommodating. I had all supplies on site. The plumber was nice, respectful. Installed the equipment, cleaned up after, done. Easy, no having to schedule apt once to get estimate, and then again to do the work.

Description of Work
I had a toilet replaced, bathroom sink drain connected, bathroom faucet connected.

08/26/2016

Francisco L.

Overall it went great, I had a pleasant experience with great convo, jokes etc. They were prompt, cleaned up and had great insight on my questions and speculation on my end. They definitely had the experience you hope for when it comes to plumbing needs.

Description of Work
We had a blockage in the sewer causing back up in the downstairs shower. They showed up, rodded, cleaned, tightened and resealed everything back up.

05/11/2016

Jennifer J.

I recently purchased a house in the Mount Pleasant area that has been a plumbing and heating nightmare! I called up building waters when I came home and my house was freezing back in January. They came out that same day and took care of what was wrong. They were prompt, courteous and the price was good. They explained to me what was going on and how I could avoid it happening again in the future. I needed some additional work done and they were my first choice. Since January, Wes and his crew have been in and out of my house so much so that I was comfortable enough giving them a key so they could come and go during the day and get the work done without me having to take a day off of work to watch them. Very professional. I have had my entire house re plumbed and had new HVAC piping installed with new baseboard heaters. I was also having my bathroom remodeled and they took care of the plumbing in there as well as setting my new tub. They have replaced my sump pump when it went out and my basement flooded, cleaned out the roots in my sewer drain that was backing up into my basement, and have taken care of additional issues as they have snuck up on me. I can’t say enough about these guys and the great work they have done. They are now my go to company for any other heating/air conditioning and plumbing needs that I have! I would recommend them in a heartbeat and wouldn’t think of using anyone else!!

Description of Work
Redid the plumbing in my entire house, HVAC piping, put in new heaters, replaced my busted sump pump, cleaned out tree roots that were backing up my basement drain, etc.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

05/06/2016

David & Jennifer W.

Wesley, the contractor, was excellent. We had an emergency with several inches of water in the basement. Wesley showed up the same day we called him. He immediately assessed the situation and controlled the flooding. He made the repairs to the burst hose bib and several other repairs we requested within a couple days. His work was excellent. His price was extremely reasonable. He was always professional. Wesley also referred us to a restoration service to repair the water damage. That contractor also did an excellent job. I would recommend Wesley to any of my friends and would certainly use him again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Replaced a burst hose bib that had flooded the house; replaced a faulty bathtub spout, repaired a broken lavatory sink drain; replaced a broken toilet shut-off valve; and replaced a shower valve on a basement shower.

03/18/2016

Bob W.

I really wasn't happy with their performance at all. They don't have that good of a grade on Angie's List. I basically went through them because a friend of mine told me about them but I just wasn't impressed with their work or their attitude towards the work. They probably did their plumbing about a month ago. The time they put in to what they charged me was really just ridiculous. They spent about 6hrs and charged me about $2200 and the materials were maybe $50 -$100. I had to fix half of it. They were here when they were supposed to be here. I have to give them a D for professionalism because of some of the comments that came out of their mouth. You've got a contractor that comes to your house and you ask them to do something and they say, 'I didn't want to work that hard today'. That is what he said to me. I am like, are you kidding me? You just said that to me, 'I don't want to work that hard today?' That is what he said to me when I asked him to do the plumbing the way I wanted it done. That is ridiculous! I would not recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
I have recently hired Building Waters to do a bigger job in a kitchen renovation.

Category plumbing

This customer called us for a quote. He had started a remodel job and did not want a permit pulled for his job. We installed the piping according to state code. After the work was performed, the customer had upset someone and was caught without a permit and now needed one obtained. I went to bat for him with the inspector, (not in the quote) obtained his permit and kept all fines for him at bay. The work we had performed was legal and passed inspection. The customer then wanted things change to his specifications(not in the quote) and we obliged. As far as I know, we have to go back and set fixtures yet on this job.This job is not closed out on our books. The customer was slow in paying in accordance to the contract and never contacted me, in regard to his dissatisfaction. I can't resolve issues a customer may have if they do not approach me with concerns they have. We as a company welcome complaints. Its the only way to become a better service provider to our customers

02/10/2016

Kesha E.

It leaked after he put it in. He tore a bunch of stuff apart. There was a lot more cost because we used them for a couple more things. It got more expensive. I just wouldn't recommend them. I would not use them again. He worked on our shower tub. That was great. That was 'A' work. He tore apart a lot of stuff and then it just got too expensive. He wanted to sledgehammer our washtub apart. I found another solution about that. I was very disappointed with that.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them for $79. We had a problem with the hookup with the washer.

Category plumbing

To remove a concrete wash tub for replacement we use a sledgehammer and buckets. They are way to heavy to remove as a whole. That's common practice for all plumbing companies. The strainer on those concrete tubs are molded in the concrete pour of the tub and it's common for the strainer to rot out. That is why replace them.We cannot warranty fixtures and parts we did not furnish.

10/08/2015

Jenny W.

He was wonderful. -He called ahead of time to confirm the appointment -He even called when he was running a bit late -Very quick and courteous I would definitely use him again. Hands down, a great experience.

Description of Work
He ended up ripping out my old drain and replacing it with a new one. So glad to have it done.

09/26/2015

Carl K.

For one hour of work, services performing actual repair was limited, however the plumber provided sufficient instruction for me to complete repair. The plumber was professional and knew what he was doing- thank God! I regard the experience as a success.

Description of Work
Purchased 1 hour of service for galvanized pipe that had a corrosion problem. Plumber came in did inspection and diagnosed problem area (it was in a different location then what I thought) and advised what was needed and where to expect the problem area to be.

08/19/2015

DIANE R.

I felt he was a bit pricy. For the 45 min he was here inspecting for a leek. Had a very negative approach in everything about my plumbing.wanted to do more then was necessary. Like switch location of my stationary tub give me a double instead of a single tub. He quoted me $900. To do tub . Glad I checked on 3 . I found someone who will do the same for $400.

Description of Work
Inspected for leek and tightened nut on bathtub pipe

Category plumbing

The customer was very nice. She had water leaking in basement from somewhere. Troubleshot many of her problems and made repair to her bath tub. Gave her a price of 900.00 due to the poor shape of the waste piping rotting at floor level. I could see that once we started breaking up the old concrete tub, the waste piping would most likely crumble. To repair the wasteline penetrating the floor, the floor would have to be broken up to bring out a new line for the tub. I felt it was better to let her know that the price would probably end up around that price, rather than not informing her and adding the suprise additional cost later, as a extra or get blamed for breaking it. Spent a hour with her and charged a hr labor and trip charge.

08/06/2015

Bobbi N.

Wes was very nice, professional, and on time.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for plumbing inspection.

07/27/2015

Lois S.

It went very well. He recommended a new type of faucet, installed it and was finished very quickly. I've enjoyed using the new faucet.

Description of Work
Changed outdoor faucet.

07/10/2015

Steven D.

Service provider came in a timely way. He was unable to identify source of the discharge, and called his colleagues at his business, who were unable to identify it either. The problem was not resolved, but we felt the Building Waters team was neither sloppy nor dismissive - they just couldn't solve the problem. The problem (and not being able to solve it) didn't negatively affect their service quality. In fairness, no other plumber or handiman has been able to identify it either.

Description of Work
Had problems with black discharge from faucet in bathroom - evaluation

07/08/2015

julie S.

Went very well. Fun to work with!

Description of Work
Two toilets and two outdoor spigot replacements

07/08/2015

Pat W.

Problem fixed in 5 minutes. Then I was shown how to handle the problem myself in the future. Discharge hose of dishwasher gets clogged with gunk and water backs up and rushes out. Just clear hose periodically.

Description of Work
Fix what was wrong but also showed me how to fix it myself in the future.

07/07/2015

SEAN M.

It turned out excellent; they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
I used Building Waters for a hot water heater flush.

Category water heater repair

06/30/2015

Sherry K.

I found a water heater deal on Angie's List, however it did not apply to power vent water heaters. I contacted Wesley Rosenberg, owner, of Building Waters and he gave me a quote to replace our current Bradford Smith power vent gas water heater. We agreed on 6/.30/15 between 11 & 12. He did explain his employee had another job in the morning and asked if I was comfortable with a possible hour time variance. I said I was. His installer called me to let me know that he would be a bit late and arrive about 12:30 or so. He arrived at 12:40 pm. Our existing power vent gas water heater exhaust fan motor was quite loud & we were hoping the replacement would tone down the noise a bit. The new water heater is awesome! The installers were very professional, removed the old water heater, installed the new one, showed me how to drain the water heater, set the temp and cleaned up after themselves. They answered a couple of questions about another issue also. All in all, excellent service and I would definitely use them again for any plumbing or HVAC work!

Description of Work
Installed a Rheem power vent 50 gallon gas water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

06/24/2015

Benjamin S.

It went just ok. The toilet still occassionally runs, but definitely less frequently. My ratings are a little lower, though, because the plumber (Allen) who came out checked out a leaky faucet and said he could order the part (he didn't have it on his truck) and would get back to me when he had it, but he never followed up.

Description of Work
Toilet repair and plumbing check up.

06/18/2015

John G.

Fast, economical, friendly service.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking toilet.

ADT

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Master Services Inc

Master Services is a world-class provider of residential home services such as: Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Indoor Air Quality and Drain Cleaning. These Products and services are for improving comfort, reliability, peace of mind, plus cleaner, fresher, and healthier homes. In addition to scheduled service checks, repairing of existing equipment, and installation of new equipment, we can help you find ways to reduce your energy bills through a thorough cost-benefits analysis. We have an extensive history of repair service on all brands of plumbing, central air conditioning and heating systems. Master Services, Inc provides quality workmanship with professional, dependable, and courteous service with our "Fixed Right or It's FREE!"™ We offer 24-hour emergency service so that you can count on us to be there when you need us the most. Our certified technicians use state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and repair existing systems and always use the finest new equipment for installations in the industry. Furthermore, we have a patented Straight Forward Pricing Guide™ so you know what the price is before we do the work and you are never charged by the hour. How many companies are willing to show you their price books? You can count on Master Services to do the job right. We service all brands of plumbing, heating and air conditioning equipment.

Offers Coupon

American Home Remodeling

American Home Remodeling is a family owned full service remodeling company where the owners are the people you talk to for your project from start to finish. You don’t get bounced from department to department like with the big companies. We are involved every step off the way including putting on our tool belts on most projects. We are very proud to be at the very top of the remodelers on Angie’s list. We are there by providing our clients with High Quality work at competitive pricing. Our clients reviews speak for themselves. The people we work for always feel that they have received more than their monies worth when we have completed their project. We leave the project having made new friends, and always end up with a new good reference. We hope to add you to our continual growing list of happy homeowners.

2022 Super Service Award

$25

Full-Service Plumbing - Commercial & Residential

Excavating parts of a job, or the use of a pump truck/ jetter truck are not services we offer.