We accept remote payment

Chimney Concepts

Founded 1997 • With Angi since January 2003

2440 State Road 33

Port Washington, WI 53074

Chimney Concepts has delivered comprehensive chimney services since 1997. We welcome you to visit us at our fireplace showroom, The Fire Factory, in Port Washington, Wisconsin. Our knowledgeable Fireplace Consultants are ready to discuss your options. We provide the highest quality chimney

10/25/2021

Thomas U.

Perfect. He did a good job, fast and didn't make any mess. Very professional;

Description of Work
Realign the chimney.

Category chimney repair

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so grateful for your feedback, and your business! I will pass your compliments on to Dylan & Jesse, and the rest of our team. Take care! Kind regards, Emily Ernster Administrative Manager Chimney Concepts LLC

12/21/2018

Doug H.

Chimney Concepts does not respect their customers' time, does not keep their commitments and has little sense of urgency. I took a half day off of work to have a $6200 gas fireplace installed - I received a call from the installer minutes before he was to arrive to find out that he "couldn't make it" and that I'd need to call the office to schedule an alternative time. After chasing this down a bit, they did come the following Saturday, but couldn't finish the job because some electrical work remained. The electricians were supposed to arrive on December 21st between 1130 a.m. and Noon. As of 12:20 p.m., there was no sign of them and no call from Chimney Concepts. After calling them, at first I was told the electricians were "running late" and that they couldn't tell me when they'd come. After expressing my displeasure - I've given them over $6K and the job still isn't done - they managed to get an estimated time of arrival - 2 hours after they were supposed to arrive. For what it's worth, I'm still waiting for the Electrician. The people at this company are pleasant and nice, but the owners, who have yet to reach out to me, don't seem to place customer service at the top of their priority list.

Description of Work
Purchase and install of a new gas fireplace

03/28/2018

Nancy W.

Excellent job. We love the remote and don't know how we lived without it before as our pilot kept going out. Never had the fireplace cleaned before and will have them come in annually for maintenance. $390 for gas fireplace remote installation $75 for labor $219 for initial fireplace cleaning 10% senior discount

Description of Work
Installed Remote control on gas fireplace & cleaned gas fireplace

01/03/2018

Dennis H.

Stacy and her entire staff were wonderful to work with. We had an old 800 lb wood stove that the technicians removed carefully and without incident and installed the new one we purchased from Chimney Concepts. Everyone we worked with was so personable and respectful. The product is excellent and the price was too. We highly recomment this company.

Description of Work
Wood burning stove installation

12/19/2017

Aurora L.

Very well, they were patient with our selection process, timely in installation during peak season, the installers had difficulty with our custom sized existing fireplace, toiled all day and had to come back the next day with a particular part/fitting. They went up 3 stories to the top of the chimney to install the liner, accidentally knocked over decorative string lights and a light bulb broke but they were genuinely apologetic and it was obviously an accident- given the height of the ladder I'm surprised that's the worst that happened, I'd gladly take a broken light bulb, it looked like their lives were on the line up there! They were clean, patient with our pets and kids, professional, and most importantly our wood insert is FANTASTIC and we use it daily! Excellent, and we recommend them any chance we get.

Description of Work
Wood burning insert installed into existing open fireplace

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

10/14/2017

James M.

Very well. Skilled, professional service. I recommend them for all chimney needs.

Description of Work
A new chimney liner, door, crown repair, and tuck pointing.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

03/13/2017

Barbara, John B.

Great. We had a plumber in for some other work and he comments on their good job.

Description of Work
Take down old chimney, replace with new vents and liners

10/22/2016

Tiffany L.

The technician was punctual, knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. Our chimney was repaired and the cap was replaced and the end result is beautiful and keeps the rain out! We have had compliments on their work from other contractors here to do caulking and roofing, if other contractors and two engineers compliment their work after they have completed it and left, that says quality to me!

Description of Work
I recieved inspections and quotes from 3 chimney repair companies, we chose chimney concepts bexcuse they were the most knowledgeable about our chase and cultured stone chimney and they were priced competitively (not the cheapest or most expensive)

Category ceramic tile, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

06/25/2016

Richard K.

I began a major renovation project that was supposed to take about six months. From the beginning of the project I wanted to install a specific Valor gas fireplace the was in keeping with my Victorian home. I downloaded the installation manual and provided it to the architect and the general contractor. A project that was supposed to take six months has painfully stretched out over two years. I signed a contract with Chimney Concepts and paid a substantial deposit fully expecting to be moved into my home within six months. The fireplace unit had to sit in the Chimney Concepts warehouse waiting for my incompetent contractor to do his portion of the work. There were at least to "re-dos" that my contractor had to do before Chimney Concepts could do their job and I'm sure installation took longer than normal for Chimney Concepts because of the general contractor. Throughout the project Chimney Concepts was more than professional. I am very pleased with the finished job.

Description of Work
As part of a major renovation project, I purchased a valor gas fireplace and mantel from Chimney Concepts. My general contractor on the renovation project has been very slow and difficult to work with. Larry Berg and the people at Chimney Concepts were patient and professional even though the project took infinitely longer than anyone expected. I would highly recommend using them.

02/14/2016

Al B.

Installation went fine in October 2014. Dan the installer was nice. In January 2015, the chain or wire going to the damper had no tension and did not open the damper. I called and scheduled an appointment to repair. Dan came 1/2 late and said he fixed the problem. The next time I went to have a fire, the damper would not open again. I again called and scheduled an appointment. Dan came again and said he could not find anything wrong, but said he oiled it. I had one more fire that winter and it worked fine. In December 2015, I wanted to have a fire and went to open the damper and it would not open. Called Chimney Concepts again and scheduled an appointment. When Dan came it opened. He investigated and found nothing wrong. Oiled it. Later in December 2015 I tried to open and it would not open. Called again and scheduled. I asked for someone other than Dan. The night before the scheduled appointment, I tried to open it and it opened. I canceled the appointment. January 22, 2016 I tried to open it and it would not open. I called Chimney Concepts on Sat Jan 23rd explained the situation and asked to have some other than Dan come out. The man who I spoke to scheduled an appointment with Mike And said that Mike would fix and show me how I can tell whether its opened or not. I told him that that was insulting to me That I can tell when the wire that the wire completely releases when opened He did not apologize ans scheduled the appointment. Mike cand and of course when he cane it opened he investigated and said that moisture can freeze and cause it to not open. I ask him to get me an estimate to put the old damper back. He said he would, but never sent me an estimate.

Description of Work
Install Damper at top of chimney on wood burning fireplace.

02/13/2016

CONNIE B.

The men were professional and courteous. Very satisfied and would hire them again. I asked if they could do it in a certain time frame and they were able to order and install sooner.

Description of Work
The price above included the purchase and install of a large fireplace door and removing the old hearth and supports.

02/06/2016

Doug P.

We had a very challenging site and because of that, all other competitors, who came to our house, tried to sell us on a smaller unit. This was unacceptable to us. Larry visited and said though it would be tight, he thought we could go with the larger unit. The price they quoted for a "cadillac" product (with install) actually beat out (or was compatible) with mid-range/lower range products. The finished product looks incredible! We couldn't be more pleased! Larry and Jessie did an outstanding job installing the unit and Bentz Electric (who they coordinated with) were outstanding as well; very clean and respectful of existing space. We did have a minor issue in that the start to finish of the project took a bit longer (2-3 weeks) then originally planned or anticipated, but given that the final results were so satisfying, we can easily live with that. This is a professional outfit who were wonderful to work with at every stage (including dealing with all our upfront questions) and we couldn't be more thrilled with the end result. The fact that they can, and will, service things going forward is an added plus!

Description of Work
Installed a FV44i Mendota fireplace gas insert with Homestead front and custom surround.

11/25/2015

Hrair M.

The back of my fireplace was broken. I fearedd I had an expensive and messy situation ahead of me. Chimney concepts answered my email within a day, they scheduled me three weeks out because they were so busy, however they put me on a cancellation list. Within the week I received a call they came late plastic out cut the fire board installed it and cleaned up perfectly with in an hours time. It only cost me $195! which was a major relief to me. Michael did not leave a trace dirt. He put plastic on the floor and went to work. I recommend these people highly. I will be coming back to them for new fireplace glass doors. Again the friendly professionalism was a welcome relief.

Description of Work
Excellent Fireplace repair

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

10/21/2015

Michelle S.

This is the third experience we have had with Chimney Concepts. They inspected our chimney upon purchase of our house, installed a new fire screen door, and most recently inspected and cleaned our chimney (maintenance). The technician was on time, performed a thorough job, and completely cleaned up following the chimney cleaning. The price was fair. We would use this company again, and would also recommend them.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection/cleaning

01/15/2015

Thomas T.

Installation was delayed partially by high demand for gas inserts so we did not receive it on time. I don't fault chimney concepts, though since the manufacturer is to blame. Once installed, unit worked as advertised. Chimney CAP repair was delayed because of weather, again not the fault of Chimney Concepts. We like our gas insert!

Description of Work
Repaired Chimney CAP; installed a gas insert.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

12/16/2014

Mary B.

I previously wrote an unflattering review of Chimney Concepts. After an inspection, they told me that I had a chipped tile and needed a new liner. We couldn't see any missing tiles and decided to get a second opinion. The next company that came out also did an inspection and even brought a camera with them to show me what they found. They said that all was fine and that my chimney passed inspection. We called Chimney Concepts and spoke to Larry, the owner. He came out this evening and spent quite a bit of time both inside and on the roof. Afterwards, he came back in with pictures and showed us a hole in the tile. It was far enough down and small enough that he said he was surprised that the technician even saw it. He went over every single part of our fireplace and chimney. It seems that when the house was built, parts of the chimney and fireplace were not built to code. I appreciated Larry's attention to this matter, and all the time he took with me. I would recommend them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
They were here for an inspection and possible cleaning.

Category ceramic tile, chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

12/11/2014

D Stephen L.

I did all my business with them over the phone. They were excellent. They gave me a great product with excellent service. Punctual and professionals.

Description of Work
Installed gas fireplace and cleaned chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

06/25/2014

Brian S.

They are very knowledgeable on what they do.

Description of Work
We used Chimney Concepts for chimney sweeping.

Category chimney sweep

05/02/2014

Lynne R.

Couldn't have had a better experience. Top quality service and great price

Description of Work
Had gas fireplace repaired and revamped

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

10/28/2013

JULIE A.

Called their office and they scheduled the appointment to match a convenient time for me. The technician showed a little early, but called in advance to confirm it was ok. I had scheduled them for inspection and cleaning of the chimney. We moved in recently, so were unsure of the chimney's current condition. After a thorough inspection from both below and above, the technician proclaimed the chimney appeared to have been cleaned recently and not used since. They charged me for an inspection only. I am thrilled by their promptness, flexibility, and honesty.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection.

10/19/2013

Pamela S.

They did a really nice job. They did a great job analyzing the issue, cleaning the chimney, and making the repairs. They cleaned up after they were done.

Description of Work
They not only cleaned our chimney, but also repaired an issue with the flue.

10/13/2013

Gregory B.

The technician was very polite, courteous, and punctional. Unlike the last company that we used these guys didn't try to scare us into believing that we needed thousands of dollars of repairs to maintain our chimney, while he suggested that we consider replacing our cap next year he provided an estimate that was about a third of the cost of the costs provided by their competitor.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected chimney and provided a solution to reduce draft from fireplace doors

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

04/02/2013

MARY ANN C B.

The company I originally bought my stove from is out of business and I needed to find someone else to clean and inspect it for the upcoming season. I selected this company due to the great reports they had. And I was soon to discover, very deserving of them! Dan did an excellent job with the stove/chimney, was extremely friendly and thorough with his work. The stove worked great until January; the same recurring problem I had experienced prior was back, but without any correlation to what Dan did. He completely cleaned the stove again and tried to trouble-shoot the issues...at no additional cost! The stove worked great again for a few months but the same problem occurred. Larry, the owner and "guru' of pellet stoves, personally came out to try to figure out the enigma of why I was having problems. He spent 3 hours tearing everything apart with a "fine-toothed comb" to ensure the stove would work. He was very patient, knowledgeable and extremely understanding of the situation while I was getting frustrated due to the stove being so challenging...and, once again, he didn't charge me. He was able to get the stove functioning perfectly. Well, low and behold, a month later, the recurring problem reared its ugly head. Larry had contacted the manufacturer's rep and actually had him on the phone while here to try to figure all of this out. He made some adjustments to the controls and we're both keeping our fingers crossed that this time it works. I cannot say enough about this company, Larry and Dan. It's rare in today's world to have such consideration and dedication to taking care of a customer.They went above and beyond and are on my "Page of Happiness". I have..and will continue...to refer Chimney Concepts to anyone in need of their services. They rock!!

Description of Work
Cleaned/inspected/trouble-shot my pellet stove and chimney.

02/05/2013

Kim H.

Dan came out to give me an estimate for a firebox repair and chimney cleaning. He was very professional and explained what I would need. He took measurements and said I would receive an email with the estimate no later than the next morning. I received the estimate that afternoon. I called a couple days later to schedule the repair/cleaning and got an appointment for Monday with Dan. Dan was great. He kept my living room very clean-even removed his boots at the door every time he came in. He replaced the firebox panel and cleaned the chimney. When he was finished, everything was cleaned up. He explained about curing the panel and gave me information about the chimney inspection. Since I was paying with a credit card, Dan said he would have Emily call from the office to get the payment information. Emily called a short time later. She was very friendly and professional as well. I would recommend Chimney Concepts to others for fireplace cleaning/repair.

Description of Work
Firebox panel replacement and chimney cleaning

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

12/17/2012

Jeff R.

They did a great job. Very knowledgeable - came up with a far better solution to an install issue then two other contractors I consulted and at a better price. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Fireplace install

Over the Top Roofing & Construction

Over the Top Roofing and Construction was established over a decade ago and have built a reputation for exceptional work and customer satisfaction. We have earned our reputation for excellence by delivering personalized service and expert installations. We can repair any damage to exterior of a home or building and make a difference in the appearance of your home. Over the Top Roofing and Construction has a perfect record with the BBB and we are fully bonded and insured. We know that choosing a contractor is a very important decision that you, the customer, will make because you live with the results of the work for years to come. Our customers know that they will receive outstanding workmanship and value for their dollar. Please note that we do charge credit card fees back to the customer.

Art Karos, LLC - DBA Art's Chimney & Stonework

Arthur Karos has been an expert in Masonry for 23 years and a Master Mason for 12 years. With 85 year of combined experience along with his five employed master Masons, you can expect the job to be expedited in a professional manner. We do chimney brick laying and stone work, chimney repair, flue installs & repair, ash-pits doors, stainless steel flue caps, Tuck Pointing, replace bricks, and insurance work for brick damage. Chimneys, masonry and stonework are done with expertise. We can custom match stone and color match mortar for Tuckpointing or masonry repair. FOR FASTER SERVICE, PLEASE USE ANGIE'S LIST MESSAGING!

2022 Super Service Award

Matula Masonry Inc

Todd Matula, the founder of Matula Masonry, started the company in 1998. The company spans Brookfield, Milwaukee, and surrounding areas in Southeastern Wisconsin. He has 30 years of masonry experience in which he perfected his craft. Matula Masonry is an experienced business whose goal is to provide customers with the highest rate of satisfaction possible. To achieve this goal we provide quick communication, a planned timeline for all projects, and follow ups.

DC-050600196
    Wisconsin
    Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
    10/23/2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check
    10% up to $500

Chimney Caps. Chimney Repair. Chimney Sweep. Fireplaces. Gas Logs. Masonry.

false